General Discussion

Aug 24, 2015 Invasions in Azeroth (without garrisons) I don't think I'd be alone in saying that garrison invasions were pretty fun, it's just that most people would rather have watched the garrisons burn. I don't see how invasions can't be the fifth mode of play within WoW (the others being raiding, dungeons, PvP, questing and professions + other non-combat content). My suggestions for ideal locations: Feathermoon Stronghold Aerie Peak Astranaar Ratchet/Gadgetzan Quel'Danas Stonard Theramore (rebuilt) Vol'Aman The Crossroads Menethil Harbor Gnomeregan Lakeshire I'm suggesting some of these locations as if they were revamped, and many would need to be touched up and probably made as large as Lunarfall - but they're worth defending, and it'd be a good way to recycle old content. Maybe even the ghost-towns that are faction capitals as well, though I think there's a real risk of that becoming too intense. And then there are the neutral locations. I'm picturing teams of 3-5 players + NPCs pitted against waves of attacking grunts or footmen. Each wave gets harder with a few more advanced enemies such as knights, raiders, priests, and eventually named heroes appear. The players get fortress abilities to compensate for the lack of tanks/healers. Mortar strike, volley, phoenix, call to arms etc etc - more or less like CoD's killstreaks. 15-20 waves in players get their Valor and if they don't hate each other they can choose to kick-on and push for a server record, or rare mob spawns with each wave (with 1.5% faction mount drop rates/ transmogs). Blizzard could then double the amount of content by letting Horde players invade outposts which Alliance defend, just with waves of defenders and reinforcement timers instead. If done right, you get a Nephalem Rift like progression ladder.Relaar1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Maybe this isn't the game for you. Not trying to be nasty here, and I understand that this won't be the most popular opinion but I'm just curious to see what others think. It's pretty obvious WoW isn't as great as it could be right now, and I'm not just talking about the WoD lack of stuff to do. I feel like trying to cater to so many different groups of people who do play this game is only hurting it for everyone. Yes, I realize this isn't something new that i'm saying here, but hopefully this next part will be. The people who've stuck with the game for years and continue to play even though the only real reason to log in these days is raid night, those are the people who the game should be tailored for. At the end of the day, raiding and PVP are the main parts of this game. If you don't do either of those, maybe you should think about playing a different game. The weird, almost single-player esque themes they've added (especially in WoD) do nothing but take away from the MMO feel and experience, while things like LFR and garrisons make it even worse by not requiring you to be social to do things. I'm not saying "go back to the the old days" or anything like that, but I think if Blizzard sat down and really made this game for raiders and PVPers, (legion PVP talents are looking very nice btw) and stopped spreading themselves so thin, they'd end up with an amazing game. Yes, people would leave, but it would be the people who would probably be much happier playing other RPGs or games in general. Not to mention that they would hold on to a high number of subscribers who realize the strengths of the game, and wouldn't demand for changes that don't fit an MMO, ruining it for others. TL,DR: It would be nice if Blizzard chose a couple small demographics to make the game for, instead of trying to make everyone happy, since the end product is just plain messy.Safka28 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Legion should be free. Highyouare1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Why no Pandaren DKs? There's this crazy dissonance with allowing Pandaren players to level through Northrend, while also saying that the Pandaren weren't around for WotLK, so they couldn't possibly have been raised as Death Knights. Lore-wise, the leveling experience is already a catastrophe, so why not let Pandas be DKs? Also, http://www.wowhead.com/follower=239.2/gravewalker-gieKheiron60 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Not a lot of love went into WoD Where is the passion? This expansion feels like it was abandoned midway during production. Sad. :(Mafic37 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Just curious I just want to hear others' thoughts on this: Would you like for the Mogu to become a playable race? Positive features: *Would make great plate wearers *Mogu have a place in the lore with the Titans which can lead to end-game content making sense having them as a playable race. *Would be a nice hero class *With the introduction of the Mogu could bring the introduction of a new class, based around mogu but available to appropriate races. (Something like Thundercaller for dps or Remnant for tanks) *Could possibly offer a 3 spec class system if a class was made around Mogu which could include all 3 roles. Negative features: *Could take more time than people are willing to wait to create *Some people may be just plain pessimistic about a new race with a class revolving around it *People just don't want to see Mogus running around Mogu could be like a hero race akin to the hero class. Like allowing players to start at 85 as a mogu so they can play the MoP content where they were introduced. Anyways, just a thought. I may be the ONLY one that would enjoy this. Let me know what you think! EDIT: I realized I didn't even offer a name to the class that could be created. I was thinking something like a Behemoth class or something like that. Idk I'm no game designer.Solomon0 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Buying in-game shop mounts with gold So i saw someone in trade selling the mystic runesaber for 20,000 gold but that mount is from the in-game shop. How would he do that and is it allowed?Thestryder4 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Good times Anyone remember when horde was truly savage way before we blood elves came along I mean when orgrimmar was made of stone and sticks, when horde heroes stood upon the bank of orgrimmar (now grommash hold), And of course when everyone's favorite demon varimathras was "on the real winning side " Good times ....good timesAndrolar0 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 What color will a DH be? So in chat you have warlocks who are purple, warriors which are brown hunters are olive, monks are a greeny blue. Mages are light blue, shaman are dark blue... you get it. What color will they give Demon hunters? I was thinking either a green or a purple.... if green it would maybe resemble fel colored green so light a bright green... or if purple maybe it would be a dark purple like...maybe a royal purple. What do you guys think? Edit: Couldn't think of what it was called but yes, class colors.Fysse19 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 need help for a blood mage/kael'thas transmog As it says ;) please helpAndrolar1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Isle of Thunder is best The Isle of Thunder is easily the best content patch ever added to the game. *a reputation to work toward great rewards, pets and mounts *a diverse daily hub that had three different story lines *the dailies were straightforward and not aggravating *the island was easy to navigate and wasn't filled with deliberately placed collision effects *fantastic gold rewards *a solo map filled with interesting puzzles and treasure *there was an actual lore-based reason for no flying *rares, summonable bosses and a world boss *a fun raid that also had rep you could work on Am I missing anything? So much content in just one patch. IoT is bestMiravella6 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Wolverine vs Thrall Wolverine self healing would be a bit slower and Thrall wouldn't have his metzenite.Emarine5 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Never any flying Why was there never any flying. I don't think I really got to experience WoD because of it. Just going to play for free till my gold runs out i guess.Crafted10 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Bored. Friends? I play Hearthstone, WoW and some HoTs every now and then. I'm honestly just bored and would like to make friends that aren't dull to talk to. :]Chickenwìng0 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Old mounts. Has there ever been any talk about re-vamping older model mounts? Was just riding around on some of my favorite mounts from the past and realized I avoid them because of how blocky they are..... Would be cool if the awesomeness they once had came back.Twoarms15 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Warcraft Logs vs AMR Logs Does anyone know why Warcraft Logs and AMR Logs differ so much when it comes to statistics? I can look at stat results from one and then the other site and placements / dps can sometimes be very different. Such as 2h frost on a Heroic Gorefiend AMR has 2h frost bottom of the pack at basically 52k dps while warcraft logs has it 17 of 24 at about 66.5k dps. Those are some very different scores and there are many more with these kinds of results. Can you trust either of them to be accurate?Goraxe10 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 LF PvP DoT spec to play. Im going to give WoD PvP another try. I'm wanting to try and play a DoT based spec class in PvP. I primarily want to do 2's and BG's. I would like to be able to have some decent self sustainability and being good if things come down to 1v1. Don't want to get trained mercilessly all day long. Considering: Spreist Survival Hunter Aff Lock Assassin rogue Fire MageJudax16 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Remove gear progression from PvE Sounds horrible, right? That's what they're doing to PvP in Legion. Imagine if you went in PvE right now and literally EVERYONE did the same damage as you (or had the possibility to). Imagine that you raided heroic or mythic and got the best gear and a fresh level 100 does the SAME damage as you, maybe 5-10% less. How would you feel? It would make you not want to raid, right? Because what's the point. That's what is happening to PvP next expansion. They're removing the gear progression so that a fresh PvPer will stand a great chance against someone who's been PvPing forever, in terms of gear. Why is this a good idea? The gear is the incentive to play, getting STRONGER is the incentive to play. That's the reasoning behind every single RPG out there. If you don't get stronger, why play? Is WoW not an RPG anymore? Even games like League and DotA have a sense of progression in PvP (items, every game). You will ruin PvP if you go through with this, Blizzard.Ruin476 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Groove Warden Anyone else keep reading the newest MMOC post as this? I, for one, demand a new mount be added. Warden of the Groove. A dancing warden that seats nine dancing travelers. A disco ball hovers slightly overhead as we take to the skies atop this sexy night elf dance-floor themed mount!Cigarettes1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Agent 47 This movie was not that bad at all!Tiger2 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 wish maces could xmog into fist weapons! come on!!Viul1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 I want to play feral next expac So can you make them really good in pve so I can top metersSolarflash6 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 I need help!! Hey guys, I'm looking into making some warcraft videos and was wondering what a decent video editing software is for windows. One thats preferably free as well. I record my footage with Nvidia's shadowplay but just am not sure what to use to edit. Any good reccomendations?Apricot4 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 heirlooms why are there looms for everything but feet hands waist and wrist? shouldn't there be looms for all slots to keep it even for the stats and keep us from having to change it out have it where they lvl up like the other looms?Lilscrap6 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Flying in Draenor Release Date We will be able to fly in the Legion pre-patch, so probably by March.Binkywares11 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 "Pro flyers" Let me just start by saying that I don't care either way if flying is in the game or not. I care about good content that is enjoyable to do. To all you "Pro flyers" who are saying that if Legion doesn't have flying you're not buying it, so you're trying to tell me that if Legion has the best world, leveling, PvP, and PvE content the game has ever seen but does not include flying you will NOT be purchasing it? Just looking at best case scenario. When blizz gave you flying in WoD because people stopped their feet and whined people STILL complained about the achievement required to obtain flying, I understand the reps sucked but the treasure hunting and exploration was really fun... I explored parts of draenor I wouldn't have otherwise seen and let me say the art team really outdid themselves. Its really fun to explore the world and I truly hope Legion has some sort of achivement similar to this (with actual fun reps this time) to earn flying. Just please stop the flying posts, everyone understands that WoD was a bad expac and you decided to use flying as your reason for being upset. Edit: I just want to understand from a pro flyers perspective why you won't at least give Legion a chance if it has no flying? Are you afraid no flying means it's gonna be like WoD?Veerlin16 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 The Most Important Question About DHs... What color will their 'plate' be? Purple? Like...a different purple to locks? Dark Grey? Please not pink. I still cannot play a pally for this reason.Rainbìrd7 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 WTS ARENA CARRY/HELP ADD ME ON SKYPE Seriously. I see the SAME people doing this every day. Why are they not getting banned? If they want to negotiate outside the game then they are most likely trading for real life currency and SHOULD be banned from the game.Pinkbomb9 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 NA LCS Big Plays DOUBLELIFT PENTAKILLLLLLLLLLLLLL CLG CLG CLG CLG CLG CLG CLG!!!!!!!!!!!Wendý16 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Feedback for devs on next expansion Hey everyone, please use this thread to explain what you think didn't work in WoD that caused this expansion to end up being pretty bad, even though it was initially received with praise. I would like to think that with the sub numbers like they are, the Blizzard guys are paying attention and open to suggestions and not just chanting the mantra "our way or the highway". So for me, these are the changes that made this expansion suck to play after I hit level 100, and even while leveling. In other words, these changed didn't work for me, and decreased my interest or fun. 1. Class changes that were not needed. This is broad I realize, but just throwing it out there. I could give examples for each class, but I will specifically mention WW monks, because of how much they changed. After playing the game since 2005, WW monk was a fresh new and amazingly fun class to play in MoP. I leveled 2 to 90. Had a blast PvPing on them. Along came WoD. 180 turn around. They lost a lot of what made them so fun, not to mention they lost a lot of power. You even had to invent a new defensive bonus and put it on their PvP armor so they could try and live in PvP. The only class that has that problem. Yet you apparently think all is well in monk land. This almost more than anything else, made me hate playing in WoD. You can't expect your players to be given something that is super fun, and have it turn to ash in their mouth and think they will want to keep playing it. 2. Professions. This is broad as well, but specifically, removing profession benefits to combat. I realize what you guys are trying to do, but I don't think that you get that this sort of thing engages players. 3. Flight. Yeah, you know what you did wrong here. I actually quit the game for the first time ever and ONLY came back because you changed your mind, and even then, I STILL can't fly, and I'm having to play in one of the worst zones I've ever played in (Tanaan Jungle). Flying would have made me feel more engaged in the world, instead of isolated in my garrison. 4. Hunter pets just becoming DoTs. This is like the professions affecting combat change. I understand what you were doing, but it still sucked. Going out and getting/using a specific pet because it could do something in combat was a really engaging thing. Are you guys getting that Engaging Players = good idea? 5. Garrisons. They were neat and had a place, but they ended up isolating people. I think 1 large central city like Shat or Dalaran is the best way to do things. 6. "Rare" mobs. I liked what you did at first, but rapidly changed my mind. MoP had the best rare mobs, of any expansion so far. They were rare, and they dropped COOL stuff that DID stuff. Not just a weapon you might use for 2 levels. I mean you really wanted to get this stuff. So those are the things that you did that I felt didn't work and negatively affected my enjoyment of this expansion.Sultriss15 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 So Legion is TBC revisited... It's done and there's nothing to do about that. I don't care too much because experiencing the DH class alone is enough for me to go "shut up and take my money": buy the expansion and enjoy it. I admit I'm excited about other things too. However, please stop using the same old enemies over and over. It's always the Legion; but now even Illidan makes it back; Garrosh also had some trouble in staying dead after MoP... just make up something new. I know Blizzard can come up with good stuff. Please let this expansion be the end of the Legion, Illidan, Gul'dan, and if you're planning on throwing them around too somehow, the Iron Horde. I think I'd rather kill more boars. Also, please stop screwing with time and portals and the back and forth. It's bound to add loose ends. Or, much better, if you're screwing with time, do it big time and make a Starcraft based WoW expansion: some crazed bronze dragon managed to port himself to the "future" and caused a rift/portal/instability that merged the two (two?) worlds together. Just thinking we could use some fresh stuff, and by we I think it's safe to include the devs, as they must get bored of the same stuff too.Ael14 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Suggestion: Improve Audio Quality I'd like to see the game make the move up to 128 channels. When WoW is the only game I'm playing it's pretty easy to get used to, but when I've been spending time in other games like D3 and HotS, coming back to WoW's 64 channels can be a bit jarring. The sound is pretty poor in comparison. Thanks.Cuddlepunch0 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 So... Since Night Elves are getting DH.. Can Night Elves become Warlocks too? PLEASE?Vendall16 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 The WoW Shop Lately on many forums people have been discussing the WoW Shop. Mainly the mounts/pets addition, considering how unique the mounts are (including the new addition of the Moose coming soon TM) and many people refuse to buy mounts / pets for money. They would rather earn them someway in the game. I was thinking that maybe Blizzard could try and possibly implement the WoW Token as a shop currency, instead of just a subscription addition. If you want to sell the WoW Tokens, you can. Those that buy the WoW Tokens can use those for the mounts/pets or a subscription if they so please. This would somewhat make it to where a player could get the mounts and pets in the game with money or with gold. (Example of how the currency could go) (Pet ) - 1 WoW Token (Mount) - 2 WoW Tokens (Level Boost) - 3 WoW TokensBrandon3 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 If Hamuul and Malfurion Die in Legion Who do you want to lead the Cenarion Circle? I'm voting Zen'KikiGwendi10 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 , [b][/b] [quote][/quote]Denrarn26 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Is Blizzard sabotaging their own game? The sheer amount of delusion just seems unreal. How could any company actually say and believe this expansion was a success? How could ANYONE, no matter how hopelessly stupid, possibly have made so many obviously bad decisions in a row? None of it makes any sense. It feels like blizzard is literally trying to sabotage their own game and destroy it. But why in the world would anyone ever do that? Are they really stupid enough for all of these individual things to just be a mere coincidence? Or is there some other purpose? How could anyone possibly be this dumb?Lynris156 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Can't do it anymore I ran 20 instances yesterday, 17 of them had DPS pulling ahead of me and dying regularly. I managed to get a number of them removed from group but in 2 groups they removed me instead, once during the final boss fight. I simply can't tank anymore. One less tank in your queues. I won't do it, it's not fun, it's an exercise in total frustration. Good luck to those that weren't complete morons. I feel sorry for you on the queue times but I can't be a part of this anymore.Rustay443 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 I resubbed... I couldn't even last a month lol hopefully the game will get better when legion drops! Until then I'm off to console gaming with IRL friends... sadly. P.S:At least I got to 100 on my Death Knight XDStrawberyy28 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 im currently at 56 reps exalted. going for "the beloved" and i dont know what reps would be the fastest to grind.Shovelready8 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 anybody know of an addon that.... kind of puts a counter on how many btag/realid friends you have?Naani3 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 PvP Vanilla Transmog Access Now Im not sure i can ever forgive blizzard for not allowing Feat of Strength: High Warlord to grant account-wide transmogrification access to the vanilla pvp armor sets. I have never been able to hit 1800 in RBG's. Many seasons (MoP) required that you had 1 or 0 melee in your 10 man composition. So much silliness. I grinded for over half a year to get high warlord in vanilla only to have the gear given out freely to all players a couple months later. Then BC would come out and I'd never play that character again. The grind was inhumane, it lost entertainment value (and i lost some of my humanity, lol) toward the end. WoW is still legendary, and theres only 1 other semi-playable game in the MMO genre. But man... 10 something years later you'd think they would have the curtosy. NOT EVERYONE BOTTED BACK IN VANILLA PVP.. HEAR MY SCREAAAAAAAAAMS TL;DR Grant Feat of Strength: [rank10-14] account wide transmog access to the classical lvl 60 pvp armor.Salfuris8 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Lucky Week! Macloven4 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Challenge Mode Gear Recolor? So.. yeah. The white helm and shoulders on a rack on the second floor of the shrine have been taunting me since this xpac came out. Will we ever see the recolors of the challenge mode gear?Aara25 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Making friends in WoW? Hello, does anyone have any tips on getting to know people in this game? I'm a vet(eran) but I'm finding it hard to find places where it feels like I belong, or finding people on the same wavelength, often times when joining a new guild a lot of people are anti-social or don't seem interested in talking to me, which makes it hard to keep approaching them. A lot of people also tend to want to stick to their own business, not really doing anything outside of building raid groups. I've almost exclusively only played with one friend on and off for the past 3 years of WoW whenever we find interest in it again. I remember back in tbc I used to make friends now & again, one person specifically I remember but who's long-lost in the depths of nostalgia. I'm not the most social person but I like to get to know people somewhat & still talk in /g or just in general talk about the game, but it doesn't feel like it happens anymore. It's kind of annoying having this "longing" for something more than that whenever I start thinking about it, most guilds i've been in during MoP/WoD have been uninterested even though I've shown interest in being dedicated in guild matters, kind of a hit or miss? I would like to find a nice guild to join aswell but I like to setup multiple alts on servers & joining a new server for a raiding guild or similar is a hassle considering I have to level alts up again. The last time things worked semi-fine was when I started up my own guild, then just kind of accumulated dedicated people over time, unfortunately those are very rare if not "taken" already, & it's hard to keep people going. Anyway enough of the rant, point is, tips on broadening ways of getting to know people interested in the game & the people in it?Aníma22 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 upgrading your hfc cache? Has anyone nailed down the number of heroic kills required to upgrade from normal to heroic? Ive seen numbers ranging from 6 to 27 so theres a bit of a gap in the current information. Thanks.Draconarius1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Returning player... Storyline still straight? So I had to leave at the end of Pandaria for work and things are slowing down. Im installing the 10 day trial to give WOD a shot, is the storyline still going to progress right? Or has there been a continent busting event like Vale of Eternal Blossoms and I'm going to walk in on what was supposed to be a zone but now it's blown up and I missed the intro?Rashnok7 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Good news well i recently heard there hinting a wc4 starcraft universe is ending good news :) look i know many people saw this but if you already know this just please not mind this thread http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/12/gamescom-2015-blizzard-will-consider-warcraft-rts-once-starcraft-2-is-done.Denrarn3 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 My shipyard missions offer: [nothing useful] EXP: 500, 500, 10000, 1000, 10000, 5000. 1000, 5000, 1000, 5000. Don't need. All ships fully leveled. GOLD: 700, Blockaded, best chance of unblocking is 80%, not going to risk losing ships for just 700g. Apexis Crystals: 5000. Don't have anything to spend them on any more. Baleful mail gloves and belt. Don't need either on any character on my account. So far, this mission set has been static for over 2 weeks, so my shipyard has become completely useless. I rarely even check it any more.Fugubar1 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Pathfinder wasn't that difficult I made the decision yesterday to go ahead and try for this before the flying hit and this is the breakdown of time spent: 1-2 hours finishing up quests I didn't do while leveling to get loremaster 1 hour to explore the rest of the maps 2-3 hours to do the securing draenor achieve I downloaded an addon that shows where all the treasures are, so that'll take about 30-45 minutes and I can buy tokens for rep... All in all I'd say this takes 8 hours? tops? And I know you're like "8 hours in 1 sitting?" Well, there's still more than a week until the patch hits, spread it out over the week and it's an hour a day. I don't see what all the complaining was about. It's not anything especially difficult. *braces for the downvotes* Edit: ok, after a 5 page discussion it's time for me to make a few concessions: 1. This list is misleading because of the rep requirements. Not everyone has the gold to just buy out the required rep. The rep takes a few weeks if done through the dailies. Other than that, the cleanup for the rest of the requirements doesn't take long (the 8 hours) assuming you quested through WoD to reach 100. 2. I agree that the rep is sort of redundant and not fitting in with the "theme" of this meta where it's about exploration, at the end of which you're rewarded with flying which fits in with an exploration meta. The rep grind isn't about exploring. Having said all that, all in all it's still not all that bad. Players asked for flying, they got it through an exploration meta. Expecting to fly without having completed the exploration meta would be like me demanding the legendary ring without having raided or doing the legendary ring quest.Annabellelee94 Aug 24, 2015