General Discussion

Dec 1, 2014 Unable to pick up "Battle in Ashran" quest Nothing I've read suggests any prerequisites for the quest, it doesn't appear on my table in my garrison. Every problem I've seen has to do with passing the quest in, not picking it up. Can anyone help me understand why I can't see this quest? My garrison is level 2, I've been in Ashran several times and collected over 100 Artifact Fragments but without having the quest I can't turn them in. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.Delivery4 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Make all soulbound mats account bound I got 1 piece of hexweave cloth today on my Shaman who can't use it. My warlock can, however, but I can't send it to him. Timber is another one I would love to send to my alts, especially those who are already 100 and no longer questing. I agree in keeping weapons and armour BoP, but all our materials should be account bound.Chainfearyou4 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Community > Lore I see the popularity of the new expansion, and feel, IMO, it's a drive to scoop up single player RPG'ers into this MMORPG. However, I think some principles of what an MMO is have been lost. Challenge -- missing through much of expac. Faceroll easy. Community -- phasing and garrisons divide us, separate us from sharing the world. I find the most exciting part of the game is when I see other players. Consequences -- no fear of failure leads to complacency and zerg gameplay. Dying has never met much in WOW, and means less without challenging fights. We need "consequences" to care. Choices -- linear gameplay and cutscenes force us down a path that may not be of our own choosing. Might be okay for a once-through, but what about subsequent alts? Some good things about the expac: Wandering overconned mobs (exciting, keeps us on our toes) Side quests (rewards exploring, gets us off the breadcrumb trail a bit) Tons of content. Overall, I see WOW morphing more into an isolated single player experience, and think this is not the best direction for the game. (Note: No, this 88 toon is not the one going through the expac, I have other characters doing that. Just for posting.)Hamzuk8 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Blizzard I will give you 200$ for the sunhide gronnling mount.. 72 hours of camping it. Take my money.Irhcsasix2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 9, 2014 Houston, our missions have a problem http://imgur.com/ElrwsmN So, my entire morning has looked like this. All level 100 followers. Getting 1 crate every 15-20 missions. Blizzard, there is a very serious issue going on here.Mordeth67 Dec 9, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Pictures in chat box I just noticed that people are starting to spamming pictures in chat box. At first, I thought it was funny and cool. But in a moment, I realized I was wrong...... It is like spamming and annoying.... Blizzard needs to fix it. I took 6 screen shots, so you can look for yourself.. Evidence here: http://i62.tinypic.com/23s9hg5.png http://i60.tinypic.com/20ima8.png http://i60.tinypic.com/29ykpih.png http://i61.tinypic.com/2f055s8.png http://i62.tinypic.com/rrmxco.pngMagezrock0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 What is with the spam Why are people linking Giant Chicken Heads, or text like "Oh god what happened I am not good with computer" I am actually sick of it. When I click on it it's the Legendary Leeroy Jenkins follower. It's actually stupid and there are too many spammers to ignore them all.Kuliskion0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Any discussions on more hairstyles? I know lots of people want pig tails for human females, or mowhawks for human males, etc. Me? Dwarves should get more variations on the braids. Give them the Orc and Troll braiding styles for both male and female respectively, please. Or maybe something like this. https://static14.cdn.ubi.com/udev/prod/img/news/MMX_Dwarf_Female_Expression_Faces-mini.jpgRhevion0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 RNG Looting I think RNG might need a tweak, it doesn't really reward hard work just the lucky. I don't understand how its fair to a person who runs multiple dungeons to get geared up for raids while someone could get fully geared in a few short runs. Don't get me wrong I think RNG isn't a terrible thing but it can be frustrating when you get 6 pieces of the same gear off Boss A even though he drops a piece of gear you need badly so you end up doing that same boss over and over and over again. Mean while someone comes in and gets it first try. Whats even worse about all of this is with the progressing of the game and always upgrading your gear the piece you did work so hard to get you probably only get to use it for a short while. Solution - if you have that item in your inventory make it less likely to not get it, or at least give us dungeon points that eventually we can trade them in for that piece of gear. I know you can get some pieces from apex crystals and crafting but why should I have to spend 25k for an item when someone else gets it for free?Zenkai2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Archaeology is now awesome Have ya'll noticed when you complete certain artifacts you can put them on display in your garrison? I've been leveling Archaeology now to get more display things! Hype!Cromthok21 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Broken Bones I currently have over 21,000 broken bones in my bags and nothing really worth dumping them into as my Gladiator sanctum is perpetually full on work orders and I don't really care to fight in the special glad arena for 100 bones. Could we get a vendor to spend bones on to get those pvp items like the faerie fire bomb, or the healing debuff item that you sometimes get from work orders? Or maybe some pvp transmog gear? As of right now now I'm getting close to a years worth of work orders worth of bones and I'm at the point where I'm considering just deleting them.Ragequît2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 So what is Ashran? Thought this was an open world pvp place. all i wanted to do is explore it alittle bit.. but i need to Qu for it?Clagmore0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 game time does anyone know how to turn off the auto pay? or if i even canLendrel2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Please change WoD Inn Dungeon Quests!! This is happening all the time. Just now, in Heroic Slag, we zone in, tank pulls first group so we all engage, then before even the first mob is dead, he proceeds to run straight to the quest item down the first corridor, which pulls 10-12 more ogres, while we're all trying to keep up with him and fight the mobs, he grabs the quest item and then drops group. Of course we all wipe. This happens in UBRS with the flamefly, the void crystal in Burial Grounds, it happens whenever you put the quest item in easy reach early. Please make the inn quests rewards for actually finishing the dungeon.Morbier10 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Something feels wrong with this expansion... Initially as I leveled i was loving this expansion. But now that I have 1 max character and am continuing to level alts while trying to find which one feels best, I am beginning to have...strange feelings while trying to gear the max character. Everything feels so slow and gated. Trying to get anything feels like pulling teeth. I have never felt so...bored with the end-game of a brand new expansion, and I've played since the beginning of WotLK. After thinking about it I've realized what feels wrong with the game! It feels like those Free to Play MMO's that have a shet ton of gating on the free way to get high-end stuff!!! WHY! Why is THIS the freaking feeling being portrayed by endgame right now Blizzard!?! I avoid those games like the plague...why is my favorite SUBSCRIPTION based MMO feeling like this?! Blizzard...please tell me you just had a brain-fart and planning of fixing this right away...please.Ozmadaius8 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Stable mounts issues I was not sure where to post this so I thought general would be ok. I have two issues with the Stables mounts: 1. The Trained Icehoof has no movement or /mountspecial sounds. 2. The Trained Rocktusk and Trained Riverwallow, (boars and riverbeasts in general), have ridiculous and very disappointing running animations. It just looks like they have a sped up walk cycle, they need a unique gallop or leaping movement. I understand that there are greater issues to fix at the moment but I was hoping to bring this to Blizzard's attention. Thanks!Thrandir1 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 How often does WoWhead update? Want to keep track of my quest in their quest tracker. Did some quests not showing completed Was just wondering how often they update it. I tried the self update button but its not updating to currentGuineapig0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Please start banning people All of these special made links like the handicap symbol and game master links have taken over General and Trade the past day on Bleeding Hollow and it's out of control. These channels have become useless and my report button can only handle so much. It's made for an extremely hostile environment and it needs to be taken care of.Ärragoth121 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Dear blues Please log into the game, teleport to me and then turn me into a monkey. If you aren't all figments of my imagination, you'll do it. love, ValicusValicus4 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Anyone from the Sioux Falls area still play? Just looking for any players around the Sioux Falls, SD area. Most of my friends don't play anymore. Just wondering if anyone else from big ol' Sufu is still representing WoW!Insulinqt1 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Fight, Kill, Salute Scenario Is this based only if enough people queue for it? I heard as a caster it's painful...Shinlock2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Tomorrow, Patch? I know tomorrow is Tuesday, and I know there is almost always downtime for maintenance. However, with the addition of the Raid. Is there an anticipated longer patch tomorrow than normal? Thanks for everything you do Blizzard, excited to raid tomorrow night!Marcusta11 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Is the iron horde invasion still bugged So i asked for tips on doing these in chat as this is my first invasion just to be told that it is currently bugged just coming here to confirm. also does anyone know if this will carry over to next week if i wait for the fix?Relavan5 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 WoD final cinematic leaked! It's amazing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL6ajtF5Q9MAmorghain25 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 One Garrison Per Account? Anybody else feel like this might have been a prudent way to go? I only ask because I am going to want to level up my alts but my garrison is an awful lot of work, much more than i had anticipated. The reason I decided to main this Warrior in levelling this go-round and no my customary Rogue, is because the idea of a Rogue being called "Commander", being in charge of this great base, and leading the charge against this great new foe just seemed kind of silly and quite of context for the class, but now that I'm realizing how it works it's bothersome to know that I'll essentially have to do garrison stuff on that toon, as well as my other alts, if I want to be optimally productive.Alcyne44 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Pictures in Trade Chat The pictures of the turtles, and ogres, and the handicap wheelchair are so annoying, when you are trying to find items to buy or sell in trade chat. Remove them please.Pudgè1 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Severely limited gear options in Highmaul I was looking at the gear that drops in the new raid and found myself very disappointed. Mastery and multistrike are my two best stats, and there is so little of them on Highmaul gear. Without reforging, gear selection looks very disappointing. I counted a total of four melee items with mastery on them. That is ridiculous!Cross2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 The linking pictures in trade chat. Someone explain to me how to do it? I asked pretty much every picture linker in trade and they dont know how to do it.Cynthetik2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 The picture in trade is a maleware Click on it at your own risk. Blizz system been compromised. ./shoots from the hip.Phelios0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 OMG Picture in trade http://imgur.com/ox4QcQO What is this????Kincayd1 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 The Frostwall Tavern I was personally very thrilled to see Budd show up in my rogue, Catburglar's tavern, all excited about me going out to look for shiny rocks. But today, I find Johnny Awesome in my tavern with a quest called Go Fetch. Very funny. I like this tavern deal. I like the barn and tannery, too. So far, this tavern is very funny.Dmonika0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Just got my Fiery Warhorse and if there was an account-wide kill counter for Attumen The Huntsman, I'm sure It would be well over 1000.Opbear0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Picture in trade chat? [Bug?] http://imgur.com/VuUs02B anyone care to explain that one? Currently being spammed in Doomhammer chat.Myraah11 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Garrison... Gary's son Garrosh's son will be final raid boss in WoD CONFIRMED!!!!!Euro8 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 About poundfist and unhealthy behaviour I write this out of concern about the fact that i've seen an increase of unhealthy behviour on the population and i'm seriously wondering what's blizzard stance on it. The rare mount Sunhide Gronnling and the mob which drops it called Poundfist is a hot topic lately because it's rarity and the global effort tracking it down, its hands down an amazing mount but what is more amazing is the sick amounts of time people are investing in camping it. It is not bad until is bad, everyone has had lapses where they invest huge amounts of time into something and wow is no strange land for exessive behaviour and blizzard has taken steps to lower it over time, but i'm clearly looking at 70% of my friendlist and half of my guild constantly camping and iddling in gorgrond for massive spans of time, i've camped it myself and in those times i've also heard comments that i hope were exagerating or lies, like "Well i gotta go to work in 2 hours and i haven't slept" "I skipped school to get this mount" One of the steps i saw recently towards twarting unhealthy behaviour were the removal of realm firsts, now there was no explisit race to play more time than the rest in order to get there first and have a proof of it (the achievement itslef), it did not remove the heavy questing (as you cannot change habits of people) but it made it a personal goal rather than a completitionist oddysey. Everyone is the master of his own time and can do whatever they want, but blizzard did provide a too juicy of a carrot on the end of a very long stick, so people have bitten it with such strenght that i'm sure there's people out there really doing themselves harm over it. I want to hear everyone's stance over this grind that's not actually a grind but a waiting game, a very long one at that, with over 24 hours of a span for something that takes a couple minutes to get done I've seen people get really mad (like really really mad, lol) for missing a kill of it or falling asleep less than an hour before a spawn or not getting to tag it before it dies My personal stance is that such thing as rare mounts should not be as exclusive as this one, i did get it but it was a stroke of good luck as i'm not patient to wait for so long as some people do, which make sit even worse as i was not so eager to get this mount so soon or so fast yet i got it thoughts? should it be easer to get?, shoudl be removed?, is working as intended? an oversight from blizz? or maye(most likely) they underestimated the obessive behaviour of the community over something that awesome as a gronn mount (who'd have thought you'd get to ride a gronn the first time they saw gruul or one of his sons back in burning crusade)Fabre59 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Trade chat pictures? Report as spam! Some kids are clogging up trade chat with graphics. Don't put these people on ignore. Your ignore list will fill up. Instead, right-click on their names, and select the report for spamming. It will remove their messages from your trade chat stream and also report them, which will, hopefully, stop them from doing it again in the future. You can also sometimes report them for language.Kathucka0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Hearthstone to the farm? So it seems to me that the farm we got in Pandaria was a beta test of the garrison. Is there anyway we can get a hearthstone to our farm to give us an easy way back? Thanks!Proven10 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Young Meadowstompers. Those little buggers are quick i tell ya.Arkimus0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 INFLATION - Blizzards problem. Why everything costs MORE and MORE with every expansion? That is the question and a valid one. I've spent time and effort to earn my gold over the last 9 years, now only to see people earn half of the total within a year or so. This is one of the downfalls in WOW and it will negatively impact the game in the long run. I sincerely hope Blizzard is aware of this grave issues and does counter measures to remedy the problem they created.Kopogero17 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 If Blizz announced a tier 4 for garrisons? If blizzard announced a a tier 4 for garrisons in a new expansion , or patch with additional buildings, what would you want to see? I think they might add a chapel or cathedral, because since we have mage towers it might be possibleTeghlath37 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Props and Kudos to a fellow player... Just had the funniest moment of my WoW career! I was involved in a discussion about salvage crate drop rates, wondering if there had been a nerf because I hadn't seen one in nearly 20 missions. Several players said they had received as many as 5 out of 7 just today. So I said, "Well then I guess RNG just hates me." Someone, apparently, secured the name Rng for an alt. He or she immediately logged on that alt, whispered me, "Yes, yes I do!" and then logged off. I swear i couldn't play for ten minutes i was laughing to hard. The BEST troll ever!Rohnalt2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Chat icons and Legendary Leeroy Jenkins? So little old me logs into game today casually sipping my tea only to spit it out cause chats being spammed by Handicap Icons and Orcs that Link to a Legendary Leeroy Jenkins. DId i miss something? http://imgur.com/E3ewQMP EDIT [Other links of images posted]: http://i.imgur.com/75NwbpE.jpg http://i.imgur.com/qp5GHEf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/brOBxuh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/eWYpjX8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/VV6sm9j.jpg - Thanks Bigbarda-Lightbringer http://imgur.com/pWEZjMR http://i.imgur.com/eWYpjX8.jpg - Thanks Ushîo-StormrageDemonservant40 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 locked out of specific queue heroics? I don't recall this being the case in mists, but there's a polearm in bloodmaul I want and I'm willing to farm until I get it, but it turns out after specifically queuing for it once, the only way you can run it again is to hope you get it queuing for a random. As if rng on loot wasnt bad enough, we now have to pray to the rng gods that we even get into the fracking dungeon we want. This is most unpleasant. LET ME FARM IN PEACE! Edit: yes, I know me and 5 guildies could just go to the entrance and walk in, but there aren't always 5 of us on to fill all 3 roles.Echðes2 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Garrisons and Faction changing So I am currently lvling a hunter. and he is on alliance. Im building his garrison and gaining rep with the faction for ally in shadowmoon ( like the frost wolf orcs for horde). My main is horde and soon I am going to faction change my hunter to horde. I'm curious how my garrison will be copied over to horde along with my followers, their rarity, and the rep I have built with the faction here in shadowmoon. Will the rep transfer over to the Frostwolf orcs? will the buildings i choose to build be transferred to my horde garrison when i make the switch? if a GM or someone can shed some light on this for me that would be great for i am nervous about faction changing and server transferring my hunter. Thank You=)Totega0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Questing After 100 Beneficial? So I have completed my 5 zone grind to 100 through the questing and doing heroics to gear up. There are more zones left untouched. Was this intentional to level to cap in two-thirds of the world? Is there anything beneficial to go quest in other zones like Gorgond and Frostfire ridge?Retrection8 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Stop making cloaks go through things! I don't want to make my cloak invisible, but it bugs me when it goes through my shield when its on my back. I know it's a dumb complaint, but fix it please!Atromitos13 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 looking for a pvp server I am looking for a PvP server that is not to hardcore but has more alliance. If anyone can point me to a good alliance PvP server it would be of great help. I would also like to know what that server A to H ratio is. and what the AH prices are like if you know ( low/ mid/ high)Ðexter7 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 Problems with Ashran, is anything being done? Horde have been dominating our base since Monday and the only time we get relief is when they have to go capture the flag back and then resume destroying us. Why can something not be done about this imbalance? How is this fair/fun? How are we supposed to be getting bones if we can't even manage to get an even match up? Also why is it that Fangraal is always bugged? How is this even fair at all either? Right now he is currently AFKing in Stormshield because he gave up too. He is just standing there. Doing nothing, while we are getting wrecked.Kazukun12 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 plz to follower mission in wow app I would kill to be able to make my followers go on missions while I poop or while I take a sanity second at work. We all want this. We all need this. Please don't make me kill again.....Ragaradwan0 Dec 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 (H) Grimrail Depot is serious business THAT should be the Silver Proving Grounds. Everything you need to learn about raiding is right there in Grimrail Depot. One of the BEST dungeons I've played in this game. It has a little bit of everything in it. Lots of fun and challenging!Sniperstrike42 Dec 1, 2014