General Discussion

Mar 11, 2015 Been wondering about Heirlooms... Is there a reason why Blizz didn't put Shifting Stats on them?Doomclan1 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Inn: find follower = race option Blizzard, I'd like an army of Tauren as followers... the rest of these "horde" cannot be trusted :P however, when I hire a new follower once a week I have pretty much every option under the sun except to hire a follower based on a specific race... why is that? ty :)Leafhoof20 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Bartender in Alliance garrison? On my hordie I found one in the frostwolf tavern, but I can't find one in the lunarfall innRandwynn9 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 More Grow So fast type quest please I absolutely love that quest !!! The little winterspring cub is so cute..... ^_^ can we have more please?Umekoo14 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 What happened to Troll Capes? Seriously though, just got back into the game and took me a while to realize it but they are like 20% shorter now. Previously they would hang down to around the calves but now they are as long as the tabard! I think that before they might have clipped into the ground but I'd rather have that and not look so silly (plus weapons still clip through legs all the time). Currently, while fishing the capes seem to 'reset' to their original length but revert back immediately upon stopping.Enterthemind6 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 *Possible TFH theory with last raid in WoD* Before I begin, this is all speculative. I've based this tinfoil hat theory on several observations from the game and in the books. In my opinion, I think Gul'Dan or a demonized Grommosh will reactivate the Dark Portal and manage to blitz into Stormwind, destroying or heavily damaging it. This may also mean King Varian is going to meet his end before WoD is over. I'll explain why: 1) At the very end of Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War book a defeated Garrosh sits in his throne room staring at a map of the Eastern Kingdoms and plants a dagger on Stormwind's location and promising to himself that somehow he will work to see the city destroyed. Why would the author mention something like this if someone would never follow through on it? 2) Another point with Garrosh: during a heroic phase of the Garrosh fight in Siege of Orgrimmar we see his vision of Stormwind in ruins. Granted this is just his warped imagination with the Sha, but is Blizzard hinting of something? 3) At the beginning of Lords of War: Part 1 short animation film, King Varian broods over a map of the Blasted Lands staring at miniature Iron Horde troops and his own, looking depressed. As if he feels he may not win this war or live long enough to see its end. He talks about how he is afraid that he will relive his late-father's fate from the events of the First War. As you know, Orgim Doomhammer and the original Horde destroyed Stormwind and Garona assassinated King Llane. 4) Chris Metzen was quoted (can't find the link, yet) as saying that he wants Prince Anduin to be King one day. Well, for that to happen his father has to either die or abacate the throne. And since he was already missing in action for the 1st half of WoW's storyline, this means that Varian's days are numbered. Also, Velen prophesied to Anduin that he would lead the world in a charge against the coming darkness whether it would be the Legion or the Old Gods. 5) Over 4 years have past since Deathwing carved a fiery path through Stormwind and demolished the Park district. When asked about this recently, Bashiok offered a cryptic answer which sounded to me like it wouldn't be repaired anytime soon. And the reason is because, based on my opinion, the rest of Stormwind will soon be burned down as well. Why waste developer time repairing a structure when a following patch would just get it destroyed again? 6) The final boss of the newly revamped Upper Blackrock Spire dungeon is Warlord Zaela. When we approach her she asks us, mockingly, if we have come to get a front row seat at Stormwind's destruction. Again, is this another idle threat...? Her Iron Horde forces are stationed in Blackrock Mountain. And in Northshire, players have to fend off Blackrock orcs who have found a cave to enter in from the Burning Steppes. This isn't looking good for Stormwind... 7) And lastly, the Warcraft movie is starting to be hyped even though it won't be out until 2016. But the movie deals with events from the First War and features Doomhammer, Lothar, Garona and King Llane. And it appears the story of the movie is looking to mimic possible parallel events that will take place in future patches. Of course, this may end up not happening in the end and that WoD will conclude in the jungles of Tanaan. But somehow, I think there may be more going on then what we know. /tinfoil hat offDoomthulsa10 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Infernal/Abyssal Doomguard/Terrorguard Hello everyone, So the other day I hit 98 on my warlock and I got really excited about the fact I was two levels away from having my permanent abyssal pet...or I was until I read online how weak they are and the lack of abilities they're given. They've turned them into "tanks" we already have 1 or two tanking demons,and doomguards...I never liked them anyhow but still. I would like to see the infernals gain some real attacks,make them a better choice for Demon locks. It's honestly like giving someone a new video game and telling them "You can play all you want...but you can never upgrade a single item".Scorpena0 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Recruit-A-Friend anyone want to get the new recruit a friend mount and others? Send me a recruit-a-friend email MrSami14@hotmail.comClashiar1 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 How would you balance the classes? Be honest Be fair No god modesRheto2 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Happy Birthday Chuck! As you all know today is March 10th 2015. And on this day 75 years ago our God and Personal World Destroyer was born. That's right folks it Chuck Norris Day again. Post your funniest jokes and make fun of the greatest action star in the world. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to gouge your eyes out with a hot poker after you read these jokes, if you can stop from laughing so hard. Join me in celebrating this day of all days in the World of Chuckcraft.Dallben26 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 New SELFIE thread! Hello everyone! Thought I would make a new SELFIE thread to replace the other, which is on overflow. Here's a few of mine: http://i.imgur.com/OYgRYfF.png <--- Me with LK! http://i.imgur.com/QiUU2Kb.png <--- Me & my boy Vol'jin! Post some pics! I'll enjoy viewing every one. -ChipChipol2 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 I have 37k, should I Buy a Traveler's Mammoth saving gold is for chumps and I can't really think of what else to spend it on. Anything else luxurious/useful I should buy? (I suppose if it's relevant you can peek at my equip.)Joeyroo23 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Why am I not getting Bonus Armor? ... My loot specialization is set to Prot, but the ilvl 630 neck and cloak I just got did not roll BA.Buffyumyum4 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Heirloom Vehicle (Horde) Oh, c'mon now folks. An orc in a chauffeur livery and top hat?!?!?!?!!? That's about as believable as Paris Hilton wearing panties!!!!!Enkki6 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Whoever designed the Garona stealth quest... ... should really be out of a job right now.Itharius9 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Proving grounds training dummies Training dummy proving grounds. Having a training dummy or two or three depending on what you want, with a count down timer and full raid buffs as well as a lust/heroism extra action button where people can practice with their character would be nice. Same for pvp. Give pvpers a proving grounds with one two or three dummies so they can practice CCing off targets while dpsing the main targets. The pvp proving grounds would scale up pvp gear to what it would be in arenas. Depending on the number of target dummies would give you a choice of buffs you could choose from depending on the type if class you partner with. And before anyone says "just do LFR"... No. LFR is not the same. There is almost never a pull timer, or a full 9/9 buffs. And it's almost impossible to practice while aspect of the pack is on.Bloodspecter3 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Warlock PVE 1 - I'm leveling as Demo... Should I get aff as offspec? 2 - On fight like Twins, when we have two or more main targets, is Aff the best spec? 3- Is it similar to shadow priests? Better, worse, different?Lostsoull3 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Fix Druids I hate fighting Druids of any Kind but especially resto... A healer that has a Blink, can shift out of roots and slows, A sprint, Perma stealth , Stuns, Incapacitate, A tanking stance, entangling roots, Cyclone spam. Are you a rogue, a tank, a mage or a healer? Make up your mind.Notsolikely29 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Jump Around, Garrison Update WoW Patch 6.1 49sec video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpdIzvR9HU0Bobpoblo2 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Can DKs Get More Than 3 Faces? When you pick the 3 custom DK skins, you also only get to choose 3 faces with it. I'd like to be able to use the rest of the faces available for Orcs, and I don't know why this wasn't fixed during the model update. Does anyone think my Orc looks a bit like a peon with the face?Dhanik4 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Why the heck isnt there a tab to see me posts why is there no section for me to see my own damn posts and topics i made... seriously? its like, 2 lines of code, u could do it on ur coffee break. kinda dumb i have to scroll thru everything, and no i dont remember my exact title and apperently it needs to be exact anyways it was about how overpowered druids are, FIX THEM, go take a damn look on 2v2 arena teams blizz and fix these classes, see those ones at the top all the time every other class? yea CUZ THEYRE OP now because everyone who plays that class is really good...Notsolikely16 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 High level passives.. why? There are a number of passives that are not gained when speccing into certain roles that probably should be, or at least soon after. I mean I realize that with heirlooms leveling has become a super snooze fest any more, but still. Some of the passives are simply gained so late and I don't understand why? Here are a few off the top of my head: Warrior: Blood Craze @ 90: While I realize that gaining multi strike much before this requires enchants.. it would still be nice from a leveling perspective.. especially since it seems to offer such lackluster performance at end-game anyway. Riposte @ 76: Why? I simply do not understand why this passive isn't gained at level 10. Paladin: Riposte @76: same as above Sanctity of Battle @58: So Haste is just meh until 58 then? Monk: Focus and Harmony @45: This literally makes no sense. I mean why wasn't this rolled into the stance or simply gained at 10. It makes soloing as a Mist weaver much more difficult because you are supposed to be using INT gear and yet you gain practically nothing until 45 for doing so? I am sure there are tons more, but these are the ones I've really noticed as I recently rerolled on a new server. Feel free to chime in with other passives that seem to be gained much later than they should.Glisson0 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 multistrike past 100% hey was just wondering if anyone has confirmed data or another post of what happens with multistrike past 100% with my monks 2 trinkets i can get to about 112% obviously i dont really want both if it does nothing but they are the best i have atm.Monkybuisnes26 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 I'm out I'm packing it in with Warcraft. Started playing at the end of BC (leveling) and had my first raiding experience with Naxx and EoE in Wrath. Ended the Xpac in a hardcore raiding guild downing heroic bosses in ICC and we even got server first Ruby Sanctum. This isn't a negative I'm quitting thread but more of a fond farewell. I love this game as much as I ever did back in highschool during Wrath of the Lich King. However with my new job and time constraints I can no longer play at a level that will please me. For me WoW has always been an all or nothing game. I'm not the type of player that can just log on a few hours a week to raid. When I play I need to consume all the content I am given, I need to raid, cap conquest, do all the quests, make all the gold. Weekly's, garrison things, followers I love it all but I feel like I have to do so much to "Keep up" I'm never happy with my playtime unless it gets to be 6+ hours a day as I start to feel behind my fellow guildmates (whom some don't work) and become envious of their play time. I know this is contrary to what seems to be popular opinion on these forums, but I feel flush with content, there is more to do then I am able to get done on a day to day basis while working as many hours as I have been. Despite all my love for Blizzard and countless hours this amazing franchise has given to me its time for me to move on. I have canceled my sub and donated a large portion of my million gold to my guild. I may be back one to play again one day but for now I just wanted to say good luck to everyone and farewell.Bosspriest20 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Garrisons! PVERS GET RAID GEAR FROM GARRISONS. WTB CONQ GEAR MISSIONS!Metapawzqt22 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Everyone complaining about pay2win.. ..obviously doesn't have a job and is just salty those with money will be able to buy gold legitimately and they can't.Pkbees21 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 [HELP] Closet SELFIE now addicted "Is this how you do it?", I asked. But as usual he was just silent when I asked deep questions like that. I think that's what a really liked about him, he was deep. Always reading that one was. So I just kept doing what I always did, but it didn't feel right at the time... ... but this was years ago. http://i.imgur.com/WsUTmtU.jpg After many years of trying other things, and not being happy about life. I finally tried to locate my old friend again this week. New models, new expansion, new camera. Definitely better too. Can feel the smooth pixels now. http://i.imgur.com/frrWx68.jpg Yea, definitely feels WAY better. Every time I feel sad, I just go to my special place. Not sure why, but I find myself in the lake a lot now. http://i.imgur.com/P44yEeW.jpg So many new friends to be made here. And they are all such good listeners. They really just take in all the information I have to give them. All of it. http://i.imgur.com/Thoiz4f.jpg I may never leave. This is my home now.Xenio8 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 I am senpai That is all.Monkdonald92 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Please Remove Global Chats Title, please and thank you. Edit: Just to clarify, because people are idiots. I'm speaking of the fairly new LFG chat, i'm aware i can remove it but it's still very sad that people are automatically put into this chat when they create a new character. It gives a bad impression of our community due to the amount of garbage in that chat. Thanks :)Geewîllîkers40 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Why is there no portal to Dalaran in Org ?! plz blizzSnegs15 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Blood elves or trolls? I want to be a blood elf because of there attractiveness, there lore, and there royal accents, but on the other hand I like the trolls because of there Jamaican accent, there ancient tiki culture, there tiki lands, and there jungle habitats. Someone help!Kranastus32 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Remote auction cannot access "Reagent Bank" Hello all, After WoD patch, I noticed this amazing new tab in all our banks called "Reagent Bank" which negates the need for everyone to buy tons and tons of slots and tons and tons of bags. So obviously, I opened it up and put all my reagents in there. Okay. Now. I like using Remote Auction House on my phone app WoW Armory because it calculates all the prices for me and its faster for me to do them on my phone than in-game. But I noticed that all the materials in "Reagent Banks" cannot be accessed through Remote Auction House. which... sucks!! Can Blizzard fix this please? Thank you, Album the White Priest.Album4 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Harrison Jones Quests I really love doing those quests, to me they feel like a good mix of old and new. They give you a general area on the map, but it doesn't exactly show you where you need to go or what you have to do and is nice that reading the quest gives you hints. Most quest just put a marker on your map telling you exactly what you have to do and are just "grab that" and "kill those", you don't have to think you just go from place to place following the markers on your map. This is really boring to me and make me hate leveling alts. I know a lot of people just used a website for questing and was practically the same thing we have know, I would be lying if I said I didn't also did that, but I mostly did it after I tried to figure things out on my own for some time but I wasn't able to(english isn't my first language and I was a lot worse at it than I am now). I do this for other games and there is nothing wrong with that, but it feels nice when you have to at least give it a thought instead of just mindlessly running around. So it would be nice to have more quest like those to spice things up.Dartakan3 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Fury War DPS I'm having trouble maintaining 20k+ dps consistently. I usually range from high 19k to low 23k. I am also pulling less than others in the raid who have a lower ilvl and lower stats as well. Some help to what I'm doing wrong?Cocostorm1 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 AHM GONNA SPEEL YO GUTS MON Gotta be the greatest boss quote ever, the extra base gives it more oomph too.Tumak10 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Recently started leveling, again. Well, I started leveling a Paladin recently. Honestly it's not bad. I've leveled many alts but for some reason I'm really enjoying this (I usually hate it). The remade dungeons at lower levels just make it so much better. It offers nostalgia and something new at the same time. Good job Blizzard :D Anyway, have any of you leveled any new toons in WoD? Enjoying it? Hating it?Dazm0 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Log Analysis Good Afternoon GD, Logs are an important part of the game in terms of becoming a better player by being able to directly compare yourself to other players. However, if you don't know what you are doing then there isn't much you can do to help yourself. I want to offer to help do log analysis to help you become a better player. I currently do log analysis for 3 guilds and have helped 112 individual players (not multiple characters from one person or something like that) and counting (not including the 3 guilds that I help weekly). This may seem like a small number compared to the player base but this was through just trade chat. People who contacted me only wanted to get better and I helped them with that. If you are interested please let me know I do this for free and will give you as much of my time as you need (though who doesn't like tips :) ). Players who I have helped have jumped from 35 percentile based on ilvl to 95+ in just a week, though some people might say "oh that is just because they got better gear that week.", I am basing this percentile jump on ilvl so it is comparing these players with people of like gear (ilvl basis explained below). If you don't know what I am talking about when I say logs I am talking about sites like warcraftlogs.com (current) and worldoflogs.com (less current) that take note of every action that takes place during combat from your whole guild or group in general. I can then look inot your logs and see what you were doing every moment up until you died or the boss died. Instructions on how to record logs are on those sites (Warcraftlogs.com is preferred when doing analysis). Logs can be made as specific as basing your parse on ilvl/class/spec or as general as just the best performing player on that fight overall. If you are interested please add Tinycamel#1899 and we can go from there Cheers, PaxPaaxz26 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 So what is the WoD bronze dragonflight doing? So by going back into time we have greatly disturbed the timeline in this universe. So why is this universe's bronze dragon flight not doing anything about it? Shouldn't they be sending agents back in time to stop Garash from intervening?Hamstar50 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Garrison campaign: Primal fury I have done all of the previous campaign missions and only need primal fury to complete the achievement but I didn't get the quest for it today. Can anyone help me and tell me why?Arashicage7 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Auctioneer Fee Wealth: Endless Power Arises I mean, honestly, think about it: they must have enough money to buy all of the Eastern Kingdom 100% money down, with no mortgage, without even batting an eye right now And they only employ, what, maybe like 80 people across the entire world of Azeroth? They have ridiculously low overhead. That operation has generated crazy bank over 10+ years of taking their tolls. I honestly think the final xpac of Warcraft should be the auctioneer's takeover of Azeroth "World of Warcraft: The Deposit Fee Apocalypse" And where do they keep all that money? They don't have any digital mediums. Is it under Old Ironforge in a bag pile of money orders?Itisgotime16 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Tier 17 from BRF missions Is this a possible reward from my mythic cacheAnethas4 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Time sinks / Dailies / Gated content Typing this on my phone so I won't mince words (and this might come across as a rant because I just want to get straight to the point - I'm a lot more tactful when I'm typing from my computer). I realize that tone's important when typing up a post but for brevity's sake, I'll just say it as-is. Can we please get rid of unnecessary time sinks? There are good time sinks and there are bad ones. The good time sinks are when you are busy actually doing things in game. The bad ones are the patently obvious cash cows. Please get rid of: - 10 minute cooldown on pet revival in pet battles - All previous content daily lockouts (Argent Tournament, Tol Barad, etc) - Unnecessary lockouts and cooldowns like the transmute ones I could write a book about the argent tournament dailies but for now, I'll stick to unnecessary time sinks and gated content. There's making profit by making sure players are kept busy and happy and then there's making profit by locking players out of content for a "time out" period. We're not children. We know our schedules better than you do and we'd like to be able to decide when to do content and how much of it we'd like to do at any given time.Divinora3 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 To BobCasinoMan The topic got removed but I worked hard on this picture. This is a picture of me playing your gold game and winning. http://i.imgur.com/3dsfcUW.png?1Light8 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Good server for horde for PvP and wPvP. As the title says I'm looking to start a new character on a server that seems to have a good amount of enemies to fight while leveling. I know the battlegroups changed some things but is that still the case now? I am also looking for a server with good horde que times.Falcone6 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 why dreanor was a bad decision It's really simple in my opinion. because there's so many existing story hooks in warcraft lore, that would make for awesome expansions, which the playerbase has wanted to see for YEARS. The emerald dream? The titans? there's only one reason we went back in time. It's because they wanted to reuse the outlands continent. Now i get that, and it's perfectly fine.... but why not make subtle changes to that existing continent and progress the storylines that were already there, opposed to using some bogus plot twist to justify a theme that was otherwise irrelevant? A new, instanced version of outlands, that stuck to more traditional plot themes, would have been a better choice IMO.Truculentt31 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Feature Request: Language filter on LFG It would be nice if we could see that the raid leader of a group in Looking for Group has their UI set to spanish or another foreign language. Late night pugging, half the groups I find speak spanish, can't understand anything they say, no translate feature in game that's easy to use, etc, I'd rather just not join them, but generally I don't know they all speak spanish and don't know english very well till I'm in there. Leads to mass confusion in mechanic roles etc, very frustrating.Ryios2 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 If you could change one thing about WoW.. What'd it be? Personally, I'd love lore to be dictated by player action. For instance: Whichever faction kills Blackhand first gets the credit in lore (Using a SoO example, if Alliance downed Garrosh first, Varian/Jaina would get credit). And for pvp, battles in Ashenvale and Battle for Gilneas would be decided in which faction won the most games in a PVP season.Luthen12 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Gearing... Anyone else find it odd that you start getting your gear in the same thing your rated in. lmao. blizz thought that one out hard.Nukemdown0 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Level 100 Heirlooms effective for Tanks? I just finished up a dungeon with a level 93 Monk Tank. He was decked out leather heirlooms scaled to work til level 100, but it seemed to me he was taking more damage than other tanks I've healed so far. CONSTANTLY he was hitting 40% or lower after one or two hits. We survived it without any wipes, thankfully, though. Maybe it was just because he was a leather wearer, maybe he wasn't doing his job right, I'm not sure but I'm wondering if these new scaling heirlooms really are a good substitute for level appropriate gear earned through questing and professions. Thoughts? Are the heirlooms a good substitute? Are the stats properly scaled, or did I just have a bad tank?Indilee2 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Blazing wings Gee blizz, thanks so much for actually putting some eye candy in the game that we all enjoyed only to change it now. You have some real '!@#$% making the decisions anymore. While you are at it, how about leaving hunters the ability to dual wield swords but take it away from DKs....oops you already did that. Then how about making destruction warlocks into mages by taking away their ability to drain life and heal their demon....oops you already did that too. Oh well, we have no doubt you will come up with another "great" change in no time :(Pandoressa15 Mar 11, 2015