General Discussion

Dec 8, 2014 looking for group = looking for elitist group working as intended . . .Nerv0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Personal Loot not so personal....? I like the theory of it and it's nice to know that ninja rollers are basically a thing of the past but the heavy reliance on secondary stats, especially the weak horrible state warriors are in is making it very difficult for me to like this system. In 2 weeks i have been grinding Heroic dungeons soo much and have recieved the same useless secondary stats over and over and over and even worse, the same item over and over no matter what dungeon i run. 5 exactly the same pants and 3 head pieces in a row... I know its suppose to be so that you don't have to grind the same dungeon for that one piece of gear you need, but i have been through soo many each day (que as tank so i do a lot of runs after each other) and get the same rubbish over and over. For a system called personal loot, it really does not seem to know what stats i need, in fact, its reminding me of the horrible !@#!@$ diablo 3 loot was at the start. I don't want every piece of gear to magically appear in one run, but i am and i am sure many others are way past 15 to 20 runs of every dungeon to try and prep for raid and i have changed my 635 gear to 630 to try get the secondary stats i am just not getting. Also, if it was not for the drop on the last boss, 80% of the time i would have gotten no loot at all if not more. Maybe I just have the worst RNG luck, but this system has some problems, and one of them is versatility... which DPS class really needs it... give me the option to remove one secondary stat out of the loot table just to lessen the RNGCrashbrnfire1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 I thought we were getting buffs today? ''We will see small class balance changes this Monday, before Highmaul Mythic is released'' thats today right?Alastor15 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Allow flying in Garrisons Problem solved since nobody leaves their Garrison anywayEuro1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Garrison Missions (Some suggestions) (If you were in the recent blue post thread this is in fact a repost, but I rather it not get lost in the scrum. It's a compilation of good ideas I saw there and elsewhere.) So here's the thing, the garrison missions are "Something To Do." and a minigame that some folks find fun and others dislike and others use for upgrades. The problems I see at this stage are: Too slow to recruit new 90s. Can only make roster changes once a day. Quests dry up if you have all L100 followers and you end up with idle followers. Long long mission times for almost every L100 mission. Having token L90 and L95 followers that do nothing but act as mission bait is silly and feels silly. So make the # of missions available per day higher and allow us to pick and choose what our followers do instead of leaving us mission starved. Give us missions at L100 that aren't all 4, 6, 8, 10 hour missions. If this means the mission rewards have to be reduced that's fine, but honestly 60g or 10k follower xp is already somewhat underwhelming. Most of my L100s are epic anyway so they get precisely nothing from bonus xp missions. And with the 1 follower per week recruit and awakening 1 follower per day there's no chance to sub in anyone to sponge up any of that xp. It's wasted. Improve the upgrade rate from the Bunker/War Mill. Make what we get out of it WORTH 30 resources. More than 1 scrap and a higher chance at SOME kind of upgrade for our followers. Salvage yard's an interesting idea and if you're intent on keeping low level missions giving inferior salvage then compensate by giving us more L100 missions that aren't all so long that we've either got 12 dudes idle or no reason to play the minigame save as a daily cooldown kind of thing. If this means fewer missions give player rewards then that's fine. I'm sure you can set a steady rate of player reward missions showing up. For the love of all that's holy, this expansion's anemic with "Something to Do" enough as it is, don't go around removing more. Other things that could be available as quest rewards: - Crafting Mats based on your professions and the garrison shacks you have down. This coding already exists in the game because Blingtron's present uses it. - Vanity items from other shack types like the gender-swap potion from alchemy shack L2 or some toys from the engineering shack L2. Maybe a grab bag that gives you something random from it. - Battle pet stones of some kind. - Popular transmog items. Some old BC and Vanilla quest rewards that aren't obtainable anymore or that were expired content before transmog and model hoarding was a thing. - More Follower Gear Reward Quests The point here is to give us enough missions to do that we have to pick the ones we want or can do, not keep us mission starved with idle followers that can't be switched out or new recruits brought in.Jadepaws21 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 You guys ready for another 17 hour Maintenance tomorrow? I know I am.Barchiel1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 please make flight paths free or add flying I should NOT be assumed to waste my hard earned gold because you can't fix flight. Flying mounts once obtained cost nothing to use, but flight paths cost money. Your argument is to use FP, then don't charge me for them.Endafy36 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 What would you do... to improve this game? I'm asking for real drawn out reply of how to fix issues, and how to balance classes. Don't just say "Lol give us flying" or "Lol get rid of garrisons" because there are other issues in the game. All I see from people is complaining and no real true feed back on how to fix what has gone wrong. I suggested in another post to create a panel of top end, middle end, and low end players of every spec, for pve and pvp, and have them communicate with blizzard in a democratic way of making classes special again. To make it feel that a paladin in a warrior of the light, that a rogue lerks in the darkness and steals/kills etc etc for other classes. Then they would go on how to balance A B and C with their respected special ability's from each class. yes it would create things being OP in this way, but this thing here is OP in this way that it counters it 100%. What would you suggest they do, include details and ideas that you believe most people would agree with?Santospirito36 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Profession question Hello, I boosted a level 80 to 90. engineering and enchanting were boosted to 600, however, I have no recipes. Is there somewhere to go to get some recipes for me to start leveling to 700? I heard about plans dropping but I am level 95 now and have not found them. Thanks in advanceKoothrapalli7 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 On a scale of 1 to 10 How much do you love Alienware? And why is your number over 9000? Discuss.Rossora54 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Were you able to login to your server? Supposedly this will get buried or deleted from the Gen Discussion by the admins, but there seems to be a massive traffic going on between China and US on Battle.net servers, making it hard/impossible for one to login to the server. DDoS attacks perhaps? I wanted to ask you guys who are not on stormrage and tich server, if you are able to login.Nitewalkrmg4 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 guild management issue There used to be a forum for guild leaders, but apparently it is gone, so I am posting this here, in hopes of getting feedback and/or ideas. I am the GM of a casual guild that takes raiding seriously. We have some very good raiders and some up and coming raiders and some quite casual raiders. Our philosophy has always been, since flex, that if you want to raid you are welcome. We can carry a certain number of people. Lately my raid leader has been concerned that some of our very good raiders may get frustrated with our slower pace and may want to move onto guilds that are progressing faster. We have always made it clear that we are a casual guild and everyone is aware of that, but it seems when the progression bug bites it bites hard. I would like ideas of ways to encourage these good raiders to stay the course with us while we get everyone geared up. Let me say that no one is threatening to leave, but we are trying to be proactive and give them some additional reason for them to stay with us. We have told some that if they want to pug with a friend's guild or just go through premade groups that we are fine with that. The community in our guild is very close and all of the people in the guild appreciate that aspect of us. My raid leader has suggested a Raider rank which I am very reluctant to do because it then creates as many problems as it solves. But we are looking for ways to let these raiders know that we appreciate them and count on them. We tell them all the time, but is that enough? Have other guilds faced the problem and if so, what have you done about it? I appreciate any and all help you may offer,.Melry11 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Dear Community. Why is this community so negative?In all my years of playing since Wrath. I have never seen the toxicity levels of the forums be this bad. Why are threads about Unsubbing not deleted?Instead they are glorified with upvotes.Kinetix109 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Lets play a game.. How long will servers be down tomorrow?!Eggoknight0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Garrison frustrations #123190 So, a mission pops up in my garrison at the start of the weekend for a 645 ilvl epic follower weapon, how cool! Except...It required SIX different abilities and 3 followers at 630 ilvl. Still, no problem! Only, you nerfed the Salvage Yard bounty and War Mill remains to be useless unless I want a single iron horde scrap every few hours. Took me all weekend to finally get that one follower I needed up FOUR ilvl, to round out the 100% success chance. Now I come home from work, and that follower mission is gone...Just...Ugh. But I shouldn't complain, right? Because in it's place...I got a whopping 3 level 100 missions today! Two of them reward less than 100g! ALRIGHT! YEAH! SO FUN! /rant Now for the constructive part: Let us "bookmark" missions we'd like to complete in the future that we are yet unable to.Kïng0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 It is possible to change... I have to admit in the beginning I was a staunch ground mount supporter, after looking at both sides of the argument however, I understand the anger now. I don't think its entitlement at all, I think most people's frustration is with how the decision was made; it almost seems it was like an "oh btw flying ain't in there either" afterthought. From a coding standpoint, I don't see how it would impact anything seeing as it had already been done in other expacs... So yeah, I have to admit I've been swayed and understand the anger. Just let'em fly if they want at level 100... who does it hurt? Not one person has made a compelling argument against someone else flying, because if someone else wants fly, who am I to care one bit?Lórdsóth32 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Can I get Abrogator stones in LFR and Normal? Say I run normal Highmaul on Wednesday and I get my stones and then decide to run LFR on Friday...will I get more stones?Raltar3 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Demonology I dislike demonology now from the changes. Firstly, we lost dark apothesis. That pretty much tore my heart out on its own. Secondly demo locks most of the side damagers like fel flam/void ray and carrion swarm. I'm really not liking it. Before I loved demonology so much from the lack of a rotation. There were so many possibilities to fight. With dark apothesis I completely ignored soul fire for the most part from all the instant casts, which are now gone. Now I feel like demonology is just for raiding. Since Kil'Jaedan's cunning limited my mobility it feels like I'm back in a raid when I try to PvP with demo. I just stand there pressing shadowbolt and shadowbolt and shadowbolt and shadowbolt with a corruption every now and then. After building up all my energy I might start replacing shadowbolts with soul fire and chaos wave (Chaos wave in metamorph is pretty much the big damage spell now). It's just boring to be honest. With Apothesis I could plan out all my instant cast damage spells and what to do with my demonic fury. To summarize, and to stop blabbering, I feel that demonology lost it's one and only thing to enjoy and be proud of when it lost Demon Hunting and Dark Apothesis. Having the ability was so much more than just having wings, which is what we got back with a new glyph come WoD just the wings. It was a brand new play-style. Thanks for reading please comment you're feelings on this or like if you agree.Rennekin17 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Dungeon rewards..bleh There is no incentive to queue for dungeons besides getting the daily 50 resources. As Apexis crystals replaced VP/JP, either bosses need to drop them or the daily needs to be changed from resources to crystals(like 150 daily, 25 per dungeon afterwards)Raimille0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Hearthsteed Can you get the Hearthsteed Mount?Reddfrost0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 How big are the new areas, actually? As in, how much area and feet are these areas? -Tanaan Jungle -Frostfire Ridge -Shadowmoon Valley -Gorgrond -Talador -Spires of Arak -Nagrand -AshranShonkyhoon1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Login Server Haven't been able to log in for about 40 minutes now ~_~Meenah5 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Does Blizzard have any gametime sales? I doubt it, but is there any discounted price for subscriptions around xmas time?Guineapig2 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Hello I'm looking for the General Forums. I believe there may be a mix up on your website code Blizzard, the Complaint Forum has been mislabeled as the General Forum, and I can not for the life of me find the actual forums where one may generally discuss the World of Warcraft. If anyone could help me out, that would be great.Grafty21 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 180. With, personal loot being changed then reversed and Candle now being changed the day after you guys said it wouldn't be changed just shows how easily you change your mind. I will be flying in 6.1. Thanks Blizzard. Can't wait! You guys at Blizzard really need to get on the same page.Stevecow8 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Is there an issue with the log in servers? I still cant get into the game and no one will help me.. had a name change and I cant get into the game why please helpFenriskiba0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Grounders Win! Grats guys! No hard feelings - just wanted to extend the proverbial hand shake. Now we can get to mending broken bridges, yes? (We'll need all bridges repaired since we going to have to walk across them now, haha... get it??) You fought well, you fought hard, and you won the good fight! No flying will be had in WOW highly likely now onwards, and so I think that those parties on both sides of this discussion can just accept it and now move forward with their lives I think that will be best for all involved. (It was confirmed by 2 lead devs in a live interview on Sunday that there will not be any flying in WOD.) Let's all just drop the topic now onwards - and yes, and hypocritical as that is... I know I created one just now... but mine was made with intentions that we all just bury the hatchet now, and move on to something else. Good job Grounders! <high five for no flying>Auctión50 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 All I want for Winter Veil Is to be able to preview what enchantments will look like on my weapons without having to do the enchantment. I love the illusions that we have access to, but every weapon is different! Being able to preview each glow with each weapon would be a great help.Ebonbeard3 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 where did the dice roll vendor go? On tuesday, i bought dice rolls from an npc in stormshield. This npc isn't there anymore. How am i supposed to buy dice rolls?Saphii2 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Lockout Question If I do Kargath and Butcher on Normal on Wednesday, would I be able to do them on normal on Friday with my guild? I realize I wouldn't get loot, but would I be able to do them like you where able to repeat bosses an unlimited number of times in SoO you just wouldn't get loot past the 1st kill.Makavelî3 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Bring mechanics and difficulty back. look Blizzard, this game had like 12 million subscribers at its peak, now youre down to what 7? i didnt mind the Lich King but thats when it started going down hill. Casual play is boring, the ease just isnt very fun. Sure you're gonna have people that like the shortened time it takes to do things but appeal to the seven million or the twelve million? I haven't even raided in WoD yet but the dungeons are no fun at all, just steamroll everything.I have brain damage and am slower than the average person but when i don't fight trash till like 60% there is a major issue. What happened to marking all the groups? Actually having to be a decent player to get full epics. now the loot is just handed out, leveling a character is so easy. I can remember saying ugh, I don't want an alt :p I have been through a number of accounts but I have been on and off since vanilla, for those that don't know vanilla is the first WoW with nothing mixed in, hence vanilla. This post is even gonna get WoW was never hard blah blah, before I can only speak pre Cata but you couldn't pug a raid and was a rare occasion you could one shot a dungeon without a wipe. The other day a rogue CCd (crowd controld)a guy in Skyreach and the tank asked why he did that, are we really at that point? like really :p Side note, i do like what you guys have done with the character models, not such stiff runners, also really like the graphics the BoA mounts was a godsend. Love that fact(:Kritabeech16 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Error 73 can't log inYoduhs4 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 How Is Warlords of Draenor? Do you regret your decision?Pyojune22 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Issues with battle.net. I keep getting "an error has occurred" on the battle.net site itself, and my battle.net client can't connect at all, preventing me from logging on. Anyone else having problems?Sândmân0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 My Garrison is under attack! No it's not. Why do I keep getting this warning from my garrison report??Dyrone5 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Why complain if you continue to play? Don't like not flying? Unsub. Don't like Garrisons as a gold sink? Unsub. Don't like wiping on Normal 10 times an hour because your casual attitude satisfied you with LFR? Unsub. Don't like the poll results on MMO Champ? Unsub. Nobody is going to log on multiple computers / hide behind multiple proxies / change their IP Address just to vote multiple times on a poll. More people like to stay on the ground than to fly, deal with it. 5 Million people aren't going to instantly unsub and plummet Blizzard's net worth over such a small factor, especially when Draenor was NOT built to fly and skip everything as you please. So 15 less dollars a month to Blizzard isn't doing anything, and certainly won't unless those numbers drop in the millions. And it won't. Downvote this too. I know I'll be called a troll. It's better than crying like a baby over such simple things. You're still playing, therefore the game isn't broken. You'll live. EDIT: ... This man has the right idea. EDIT 2: THE TRUTH ...Orcâ58 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Daily Profession Cool Down aren't needed! The Daily cool downs have to go. Seriously I have to wait 24hrs to make more of my main profession? I understand a daily cool down on garrison profession. but not on the one we've been lvling from 1-600. Plus now in order to make the main crafting reagent, I have to make on my own. I can't buy from the AH, or make on another alts because the crafting reagent is Soulbound.Ribbz0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 ETA on fix of sever class imbalances Ret, feral, any DK and hunters - lemme know BlizzKayrn16 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 How do console games compare to wow? I'm a sucker for MMO's, making a character stronger, progressing, 3 shotting lesser geared players, 20 min fights vs equally geared players, killing big !@# dragons....it's fun, that's why I'm here. I won't get into the discussion of WoW not being quite as fun as it once was, but rather ask, how many of you play console games vs only play wow? Are there games out there that compare? My friends introduced me to this game back in the BC days, the original Xbox was the last system I owned and Halo 2 was the last console game I completed in full. Whether or not I continue with wow is a separate conversation, but I was so close to buying an Xbox One before this expansion decided to drop and pull me back in. I'm debating giving it a shot now... or maybe I'll just level an alt.Nyxtro34 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Champion's Treadblade Thread! I know this has probably been beaten to death with discussion but Id like an official ongoing thread about it if possible! Let me just say, I understand the alliance LOST the contest and Im glad blizz still put the mount in the game. Im not too big on the people that dont come in first getting something in a contest they could have fairly won or rather, not a fan of the "everyone's a winner" mentality. However this bike was put together by REAL people who did long grueling REAL hours of engineering. Having said that, Im glad alliance has a chance to also get their mount! The problem is the price!!! I understand that there has to be a money sink involved in a situation such as this, but 100,000 gold is , well...ridiculous! The Tundra mammoth and MoP yak arent even that much and they have utility such as vendors, repair and even transmog! Please LOWER the price of this mount! This is where the community comes in. In addition to your opinions on the matter, discuss a fair price as well and why you picked that price. The price my friends, guild and myself came up with is 50,000 gold. Still a bit pricey but after all this is the loser's prize so there has to be some form of "punishment".Raygar17 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Error #113, problem with world server? Getting really, REALLY annoying, especially when you (Blizzard) have gated everything behind daily cooldowns ...Heloria2 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Trading Post Resource Trader So, is there an internal mechanic that raises the cost of products or is Blizzard increasing the cost every couple days or so? Just noticed it's been going up and up lately without any word.Krayik1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Iron Horde Scraps Whats the fastest way to farm these? I've been killing Orcs in Bladefury's Command in northern Talador and been slowly gathering some, but it feels like I'm spinning my wheels most of the time. I can get 3-5 in a single mass pull or none at all for 10-15 minute stretches of time. Where can I get to get them as fast as possible?Garekk15 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Can we have a lvl 100 PvE-oriented zone? Something like Ashran, but much larger, PvE-oriented, actually good, with tons of questlines, a small daily zone, something like that? I feel like that's what's missing most from WoD, a good, central hub for questing at 100Byniri1 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Remove ground mounts? So we can walk through the amazing content as such a slow speed we are such to take in absolutely everything in and feel completely immersed in the game!!!Damano0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Longer wait to play still on icecrown still have to wait to get into gamFenriskiba0 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 So you want flying in WoD? ... Here's a quick tutorial. Make a tavern in your garrison. Do the daily quests. Specifically: "Aviana's Request." Finish it, you get: Aviana's Feather Now you can fly (every ten minutes). You're welcome.Kaeane21 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Fist Weapon Mogs Mainly just creating this topic in hopes of a blue seeing it and responding to it. I don't really understand why fist weapons can't be transmoged to look like axes or maces. It would be nice if they could be imo because fist weapons don't even show up when you're running around until you randomly pull them out of your back going into combat. Most if not all classes that can use fist weapons can use maces and axes too. Like I said idk if having fist weapons look like axes or maces would/will mess anything up but seeing as how many early raid weapons that are upgrades for my class are fist weapons and it would be kind of nice to be able to keep my current mog. I'm not upset or trying to say that this is a huge issue, just hoping a blue might give some info or maybe even some players have info as to why it's this way currently.Durotox3 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Argent Tournament quests on a Panda? How exactly do I start the Argent Tournament quests on my Panda? I power leveled him to 100, so I never even went to Icecrown. That leaves me falling behind I'd imagine, so could anyone help me in the right direction? I really want to be able to get Champion's Seals for heirloom gear.Phango3 Dec 8, 2014
Dec 8, 2014 Anything Being Done About LFG DPS Q's? Loving Q times for healing and tanking obviously as its basically instant but I have a 100 Hunter that I need to gear up for Heroics but finding a group every 30-40m in LFG is just god awful. At current state I log in, Q up have my speakers turned to loud and once I hear the pop I start playing... Kinda stupid. I just came back for WoD so I'm still getting use to everything but are all LFG q's across all realms or just linked ones? Not sure if there is a right solution other then expanding on the 5 man groups kind of like "Flexing" it... but at this point I think I might just boost a tank instead (not a fan of Brewmaster). Anyone have any recommendations?Krauz53 Dec 8, 2014