General Discussion

Nov 14, 2014 Raid Schedule delay? Since we are having massive log in problems (and they will probably still exist in the next days), can you delay the first raid tier a week? I don't want to rush that much and I'm afraid I won't be able to level + gear up on time.Medíc0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Post here if you got in and are playing! And nobody downvote themLureilyia3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Mmm... burritos. I made some beef burritos. Gonna try logging in when I'm done. *munch*Sennel0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 If morons grew on trees like coconuts You would have a bumper crop, This is whack, I've never seen another game with total disregard for it's clients or it's own image. How can you call yourself a gaming company when you got no game.Bluecheeze6 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Free server transfers off high pop realms Lets do it bliz, its time, this queue is redonkulous. Anyone who doesn't remote queue up before getting home from work is totally borked and will not get to play at night. Please start doing free server transfers!Artemias0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 I want my money back 2 days of trying to log in spent $50 on expansion, $45 for 3 months subscription. What exactly is the monthly fee covering? Not even close to being able to log in. This is sad for arguably the largest company in the industry? Excuse me while I go play League of Legends for free.Dryvaj21 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Here's how to stop the DDoS attacks.... Here's how to stop the DDoS attacks.... tell the CIA to DDoS the Chinese DDoSers..... a good offense is a good defenseEbkcuuhz0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 It's like a salt mine in here The salty tears, it's like a river. You know what I did while the servers were first down? I had sushi, it was delicious. I'm sure most (if not) all of you have a backlog of other games just waiting. Go play those. WoW will be back.Itzpopo0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 For all you Un-subbers Just doubled down on this bad boy and committed to a 12 month plan. Why? I'm a masochistQrj2 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Finaly made it in Just wanted to tell you guys i finally made it on and there is hope for you. You just have to believe in yourself and pray to the god of Morhaime and you will get in. 35th try is the charmTuggernauts0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 The hardest boss in WoW This is by far the hardest boss in WoW.. Phase 1... Log in que... this can take HOURS to get past this phase, but stand strong the other two phases aren't any easier. Phase 2- Retrieve your character list. The boss is hiding that list somewhere! Final Phase- Loading screen... I always die on this phase with 10% to go! I need the strat to get him to 100%! .... P.S. for some comedic relief https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152557520981083&pnref=storyVlalkor0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Dancing Queues I've been in queue for 20 minutes so far. When I first logged, the queue of others in front of me waiting to play the game was 1,423. In 20 minutes the queue went to 992 but now is rising and I'm back at 1,522! That's almost 100 higher than I was before I logged on! Why are the queue numbers dancing up and down?Blackpastord0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Note to Blizzard Upper Management Dear Humanoids: Perhaps you can now see why we had so much "wasted space and cycles" on those servers that you consolidated. Perhaps you can now see why you paid those IT people so much money to just sit around with not much to do most of the time. However, since you dear Upper Management people were able to write some glowing report of how much money you saved by scrapped "excess" servers and IT people, you probably got a raise and a promotion for your efforts. I've worked for people like you. Squeezing all those nickels and dimes out of a project, coming up with "pretend" projects like the stupid motorcycle soap opera, while not understanding that the bottom line of a service company is to . . . well . . . provide service. You are paid big bucks to keep the customers happy. You have failed. I bet you all have brand-new furniture and computers in your offices, though. Sincerely, GraylocksGraylocks3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 stuck on loading screen.... Followed by character not found. 6 tries so far since 11:05Karven1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Guys...! Guys...! We should have just use those 6 hours to queue.Seliirix0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Forum game: "Is this my main?" I'm bored, as I can't login. So lets play a forum game. Post "Yes" if you think the person above you posted on their main Post "No" if you think it's an alt Then, if you remember, come back and edit your post with the correct answer(So I'd come back and edit this post stating of the person below me was right or wrong). GO!Evillyn0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 90% Loading Screen Fix if you are stuck at the 90% loading screen, completely exit out of WoW and the Bnet client. then open it back up. worked for mePaszo3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Why am I getting the loading screen error? If I could get a blue reply as to why I get an endless loop of character not found - loading screen - DC? On my 3rd time through now. Sat through an 8 hour queue only to get this last night too.Ranzor0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 MASSIVE ddos attacks live feed! so, im currently watching http://map.ipviking.com/ and every few minutes the entire east asia lights up bright orange with trails leading to san fran! what im wondering is how do people know it is blizzard specifically being ddos? all it says is san fran, not blizzard. it is fun to watch though! east asia is seriously ddosing the crap out of everyone!Medalina160 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Pigeon holed into questing Let me cut to the chase. Whenever I level a character, I like to do other things to get xp. Whether it was pet battling along the way, or picking herbs all whilst doing dungeons. They have taken that away. You get almost no xp for any of those things anymore. 25 xp for picking an herb? Are you kidding me? Less than 4% of an xp bar from a whole dungeon?! This is just an awful tactic to make players "immerse" themselves into the new content. I have never liked questing. It is repetitive and grindy. Kill 10 ogres and collect 15 crystals. Different names but same idea for 10 levels. Before, a full dungeon would give 10-17% of a level. That's fine. It was slower than questing but still viable. Now you get 4%..... 4%. And that is also with the random dungeon bonus xp. So I gave it a go. Got to 96 on my priest all through questing. I did not enjoy it at all. I was agitated the whole time. Balance druids star-falling every mob within 40 yards. People tagging your monster you are targeting and then /spitting on you. But even without all that, my above point stands. Same quests, different names. Not to mention these "bonus objectives" make no relative sense. They are just quests that give more experience. Another concern is losing power every level. So my shadow priest started off with 77% mastery, 50% crit and 33% haste. Every level I gained, I lost more of my secondaries. This resulted in me doing 10-15% less damage than the level prior. That is just a terrible mechanic and needs to be changed. Every other expansion I felt like I was becoming more powerful, now I don't see the point of 91-99.... Now let's talk about low drop chance quest items. You all know what I'm talking about. Old barrens quests ringing a bell? I thought they had gotten rid of that. ESPECIALLY when there are thousands of people on the same quests. They need to make ALL quest objects match the amount of enemies you have to kill. Quest wants you to kill 15 ogres and collect 10 war-beads from them? well tough luck. You have to kill 25 ogres to get the 10 beads. Overall I have not had fun in the expansion. It's been frustrating from start to finish. I hope that when they release the raid tiers it will change my mind, but at this point I'm just waiting for d3's next patch.Verees163 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Please get rid of connected servers I believe i have read on many sites that WoW subscription # as dropped below 7.5 million compared to over 12 million during BC (correct me i am wrong). However the reason why we are having problems even logging into the game is because of the connected servers. Back in the day i believe all servers carried their own load. If blizzard is looking to expand their subscription numbers again, this is truly UNACCEPTABLE. This is like a movie that was set to come out on a certain date nation wide and all the films in theater got the movie without sound... -_-Adrenes2 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Communicate with us!! Blizzard I think if you communicated with us about what is happening and y the server shutdown did nothing maybe people would not be so angry. Is it that hard?Valëëra0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 90% load bar stuck so what's up and when's the next hotfix so we can play?Mugluk1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 WoD realeased too early? Seeing how this release has been plagued with problems, I'm wondering if it was released too early. It's coming off as buggy. In the entire time I've played WoW, I've never seen it this bad. You would have thought that Blizzard would have thought about how issues might have came up before WoD went live. This is why I'm going to wait until the next patch to buy WoD. I want to not have constant issues like people are having now. Hoping that I might get to play MoP today, but it doesn't look like it. lolGateway3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Flight: no one is qualified To say that No Flying is great. No one has played for more than 24 hours. No one has played at max level for more than a few hours. No one knows how Garrisons will influence gathering in the world. No one knows how Garrisons will influence PvP in the world. No one knows how many players will be queuing for content from their Garrisons. Everyone already knows about ground mounts while leveling, we've done it every expansion except Cataclysm. None of us will really know if we like "No Flight" until at least a month from now when most of the population is at level 100 doing level 100 things. It could be that everyone will be messing with their followers while they queue for instances with heaps of gathering mats on hand and never leaving their Garrisons. And if they do, being on a Flight Path will remove them from the world even more than flight does. So Please Chill Out Already. LOLGuillotaur0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Every Xpac - Learn from the past My main is on Tichondrius horde and I knew going into this or any Xpac that playing on a very high pop server is not really worth my time. Not initially. I've bee focusing on my Paly on Skyfall have not hit a que yet. Let me repeat that. I've not even seen a QUE yet when logging into Skyfall. So if you have long que's really don't blame blizzard. If you have been around the game and know how many people play the game and how MMO servers are handled you should really blame yourselves. Sorry if your friends are on a high pop server. Maybe take a free xfer before a new Xpac lands. I did that for the Lich King and it was a good idea. I brought an entire guild to a different realm and saw little to no que during initial release of the Lich King. The servers will calm down in a few weeks but until then you will be dealing with que's. It won't just fix itself over a few days. You have hardware that can handle so many connections and they are simply over burdened right now. If you are not prepared to deal with the queue times then really you should have thought ahead.Shadyheart0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 If One More Person Thanks Blizz..... I'm going to dunk them in raw fish, and feed them to the murlocs.Evaristis0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 this is bs 2 sitting in queue for hrs on end is a load of trash, and is not fair to all of us we should be able to play on our time besides regular maittence, days,, people have lives and familys ,, fix this, beep beep.Hotdogz0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 As much as I'd love to wait ... I'm just going to take a little break until all of this all calms down and there aren't 3 or 4 hour wait times, I got to play a little bit on the expansion the morning for about 15 minutes, but haven't been on since. So it's farewell for now but I'll be back!Jaifrah0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Stop complaining about the que its only phase one of the login boss, soon you will face the load screen phase. Seriously though, can we please fix the loading screen not cool that half the players are sitting in que, and only half of the people that made it past the que are past the loading screen, idk i mean if their is server prob apparently only letting 1/4 of the total players play at a time is the way to fix it.Pizzaslinger0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Raise server caps This is utterly ridiculous. 870 minutes until I can log in? I thought the maintenance was supposed to address the issues with server stability. Either raise the caps or give Sargeras (and other high pop realms) free transfers.Cheèky0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Troubles logging into battle.net Is anyone else having issue logging into battle.net? I open my battle.net app on my desktop and log in. It then proceeds to just disappear and not open. Anyone know a fix for this? I can't even play diablo 3 or starcraft while waiting for the servers to come back up.Darthrako0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 what exactly am i paying for here cant get into the game........really what am i paying for hereFinklehorn0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 death to all flightpatha ive literally been on a flight path i took by accident for a whole 20minutes in azeroth. I have guild perk and its still taking so long i need to do a dungeon before lockout i freaking hate flight paths get rid of them or nerf them to be faster cause i dont play this game to look at scenery dammit.Ganniqus22 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Super Laggy I'm not sure if it's just the amount of people trying to log on and play or if it's the DDOS attacks that have been causing the MAJOR server lagging, but there it is. Trying to quest in Frostfire Ridge is probably should be a Feat of Strength for patience. You have to take a few steps forward to get anything to phase correctly and even then trying to attack, is basically a wait and see.Chandratani0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Disconnected after retrieving character list. Now stuck in 1696 queue. Just updating what you can expect too.Buffalol5 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Not worth it. So far the $50 price of WoD was absolutely not worth it. Not only that we add to the price of subscription. With all the maintenance Blizzard undergoes they should lower the price of subscription. People Spend hundreds of dollars and more a year to fund there operation for what?? Q times??. Highly disappointed in blizzard. PS. in all my years of gaming I've never seen a launch this bad. An all time low for blizzard, an all time low for gaming.Valëëra3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 GIVE US SOME ANSWERSD STUCK IN A QUE, STUCK IN LOADING SCREEN, THEN CHARACTER NOT GOD DAMN FOUND.Rayhaan0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Ddos A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make an online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources. So in other words, we are the ddos WIth use of clever word mechanics, they can say they are getting ddosed when in actuality, its everyone trying to login at onceWatershaman2 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Dropped down in Q? There's a q. Ok I understand. Now is anyone having issues with being like for example.. 1800 in que and you tab out then tab back in and you are 3000 in que? It has happened twice already. Just wondering how or why thats happening.Amkesh0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Holy Mother of Queue! Dem Server Locks! Oo?!? Thought I'd try log in today, see how things are. at 12:45 PM I tried to log in, I was hit with a 2000 server queue position. Thought "okay, that's not THAT bad, i'll play some d3 while I wait" 6 hours later.. "Position in Queue: 10" Awesome! just another 15 mins til I can play. *Logs in, attempts to log into main character* *90% load screen stuck* *character not found* *you have been disconnected from the server* then I attempt to log back in http://postimg.org/image/52umgwwb1/full/ Just.. Wow.. I knew people said it was bad, but holy hell.. Literally every single realm on EU currently LOCKED with over 1k queues. Funny thing is, 10 mins after taking that screenshot, it still hasn't been able to move me through the queue or calculate the ETA..Berronax0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Retrieving character list... Did it get lost? This is taking a while!Rensial6 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Yo blizz. Can we get an update plx? ^Betchy0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 So what are you doing during this downtime? Best time to catch up on a dear friend called sleep. :)Huntoo0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Ridiculous Que Times I logged in at 11:02 PST, and was met with a 400 person que. I was excited because i figured that would take about 10 min after nearly 40 min of waiting in the que I am now at 347, and the wait time is around 300min. With all that maintenance I figured things would be a bit better, but it is still crazy. I am on Area 5 which is a pretty popular server, and I was just wandering if other people are experiencing issues similar to mine?Stelthzz0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Chances of further extension? ^Kronchee91 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 WOW Just went from logged in on character select screen to kicked to menu, to 4000 in queue...Cyberella0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Scared of "Character not found" Like a lot of other people, I'm seeing "character not found" at the end of the loading screen. Did Blizzard accidentally lose everyone's characters or is this a server connection issue? Just tell me things are going to be ok.Ceindra0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 /rage! sooooo anggggry!Meancleavage33 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Yeah well, it runs in the family. Someone has to be the one. :) https://imgur.com/cakSvVS I can confirm there is no bottle service.Mcgilicutty0 Nov 14, 2014