General Discussion

Nov 17, 2014 Please help, can't play with my friend :( ! Hi every1, I am from Arathas(US) and she is from Thaurissan(Oceanic) We can see each other in Garrison but when we walk away from the Garrison, both of us just disappeared. Anyone knows what is happening? We are both level 90, or we only allow to quene for Dungeon/PVP after we hit lv100? Thanks!Imaqtpig4 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Help!!!! I have not been able to play WoD at all since the release due to long queue times. However, I did manage to log in two nights ago after waiting in a 4 hour queue only to find that when I speak with Archmage Khadgar instead of going straight into a short cinematic my game screen turns black and nothing happens until I alt F4 myself out of the game. As of right now I can't reach Tanaan at all on any of my characters...I am wondering if there is a different way that I can access the new beginning world. I submitted a ticket but the average wait time is 4 days. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this same problem I would love some input! Thanks! <3Ttrin4 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 I can't use my cloak at level 100? People used thunderfury at level 70 and shadowmoure at level 85. The proc still worked. Why does the legendary cloak stop working because we hit 100? I just don't understand this change. What is the point of having a legendary if you are going to disable it for hitting max level?Landroin14 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Over simplified the game much blizzard? I understand you wanted to make the game more simple so fresh players can get a grasp quicker than ever before. But did you really have to put on ORE for example "Gathered by players with the Mining skill. Can be bought and sold on the auction house." If you have enough of an education to get into a game like WoW, you would know that ore is mined. You would also know that you can sell and buy the ore from an auction house.. C'mon...Roidrager14 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Got nothing for winning Ashran. BUGGED. Can anyone explain this to me? Spent 2 hours organizing dual raid to farm up kronus, get full map control, get the ogre king, and raid the alliance castle and kill Tremblade. 80% of the players who participated got NO REWARD, at ALL....but a few random people got the following : 625 honor, 350 conquest, and an epic ashmaul strongbox. Is this bugged? Why did 70+ people receive no reward while a lucky few got amazing rewards? I've figured out the zone completely but baffled as to why winning it (and putting in great effort to do so) ..offers NO reward to some, and MASSIVE reward to a select, random few? I'm seriously confused.Bownéd6 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Gnome leapers legs buff I came across this buff randomly. All I have to say is awesome. If you haven't tried this out yet go find this buff. It is single handedly one of the most fun things I have seen yet this xpac. Nice job on this one blizzard, love it.Sizner0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Ashran not giving rewards. Ashran does not give rewards on Mal'ganis horde, everyone else gets their 500 conquest/day but not us. When we win we get 0 rewards.Purplefacetg7 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 I'm Sleeping in Rexxar's Tent Tonight I found him in Gorgrond. He asked me if I was tired, and I said yes. Then he offered a place in his tent. So I took it. Even got my hearthstone set there. The innkeeper is a rat, btw.Marilly8 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Frostmourne OCE So I go to log in, find a HUGE que, once again, of 4k+ and as I got to swap realms to my alts I find that I can't even see the other realm lists. Thank you Blizzard for your SUPER work over the last 4 days. :)Gallard5 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Quick review of WoD so far The cutscene upon stepping through the portal was amazing. I was instantly kind of impressed; it was a bit intimidating and reminded me a lot of the first time I stepped through the portal to Outland. That original moment of awe was something this game has never really matched until now. The pacing of quests is pretty great until you get to Gorgrond; once you're to that point you can get a little muddled up because if you haven't done stuff like the extra objectives you'll be a level under the requirement to continue questing and won't know it. I got lost for a little bit, wondering if I had finished the zone. These awkward moments continue through all zones after that; it's a little annoying. Garrisons are okay. I still really don't like them but I don't hate them like I did when they were announced. The method of acquiring followers while questing is something I like. It feel really tedious having to go back to my garrison every ~30 mins so I'll probably just ignore the announcements now. The rares and treasures are really neat; it feels nice being rewarded for exploring more into a zone. I'm a little torn because rares aren't rare anymore, but it's still cool the way it is. I probably would've added a new classification for these 'rares' and made actual rares also a part of the zones. The item quality variation is really nice, too. The only annoyance is that you still get sha crystals for DEing Draenor purples. Really? I'd rather have any kind of Draenor materials. The lack of flying actually made questing and exploring a lot more enjoyable. I've met up with players to do stuff a couple of times on my utterly dead realm, so there's that. I'd like to see flying added back at a much later date for taking in scenery and other stuff, but preferably without the exploitative behavior that it created in previous expansions. Maybe make it so you can only mount/land at flight paths? I dunno. I was really concerned you'd turn Khadgar into Thrall 2.0, but I've stopped seeing him much after the first zone. So that's nice. I don't really understand why Thrall's here at all because he isn't contributing anything at all to the story. He just sort of stands near Durotan and they never talk. It's awkward. So..yeah. I'm 97 right now so maybe my opinion will change later, but so far it's really good. Easily my second-favorite expansion. There was a lot love put into the game this time around and it definitely shows.Antipath0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Not cool Gah....come home to a queue with over 3k waiting. Aint nobody got time for that. Gonna have to leave my friends and play on a new server or something just to get some actual play time. Thanks Blizzard. Can I have my money back?Pandalonium0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Hello people of my garrison. Hello people of my garrison. I don't remember where I met half of you, but it's nice to see you walking about this place I've come to feel like home. Even you, Ahm, you're just a ghost.. but you -belong- here, with us. It's good to see you. Pleae get back to work enchanting. Now some of you may have identical abilities and may not get the chance to go on real missions, but remember that every part no matter how small is important. Even you, Sally's dog who looks a lot like Crithto. Now I've heard some grumblings that some of you are being sent out on missions you are likely to fail on, and I want you to look at those as chances to beat the odds, to really show how you can excel and be proactive about your missions. Each of you is empowered to beat the random odds and impress me. Remember, as long as you hurt them more than they hurt you, you'll have won and I'll be proud of you. As a final safety reminder to the commandojacks. Please remember to stand -away- from where the tree will be falling. I've caught a few of you with just your legs and feet showing a couple times out there and let's not let that become a habit. Safety first, remember. Thank you and remember - we're all in this together, even if I give all the work orders.Snowfox1 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 perk question how does the perk system work. am i missing something? i got about 4 perks in total from 90-100, and some levels i got the same perk as the previous level. am i mistaken or should there be 9 perks and you should get a different one every level until you get them all?Rhupix1 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 I don't know what's worse The 8 hour server ques or having to wait another 8 hours to even buy ANY pvp gear at all , thanks blizzard.Uzqt0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 I have nothing to complain about. Queue Times: I've had to wait in queue for about 2 hours, except on launch day when it was about 4. I don't mind. The game is still up and playable. While I wait, I paint my Warhammer 40k miniatures, walk my dog (http://i.imgur.com/YTM3qaC.jpg She's only a little over a year old now) and I've even found time to work on my game I've been trying to make for the last three years. No flying mounts: I played WoW during Vanilla and The Burning Crusade and left prior to Wrath of the Lich King. I returned to WoW and pre-ordered Warlords of Draenor earlier this year, boosting the toon you see now. When I left I had yet to actually get the flying training or my first flying mount, so I spent all of my WoW time on the ground. When I returned, and even now, I chose to use a ground mount to get around, as I don't really like flying mounts. The only time I use a flying mount is when I want to explore (such as visiting buildings ontop of small mountains in Pandaria that you normally can't get to). Blizzard owes us refunds/free game time!: No, technically they don't. They didn't break any part of their agreement. Except during mantenance, WoW has been available to play. You just have to wait for it. You don't go to Disney Land and buy a ticket and then demand refunds and claim that Disney broke their end of the deal because you have to wait in line. Now, I will admit that Blizzard dropped the ball. However, I was there for the Gates of Ahn'qiraj. It was an event that broke the game. I'm not talking about just queue times, I'm talking about insane lag lag, frequent server crashes, people being sent to the wrong graveyard upon death and boats dumping you into an endless loading screen of doom, or simply disappearing all together resulting in you and anyone else onboard being dumped into fatigue waters, leaving you to a fate of a water death. I also remember The Burning Crusade launch being more rocky than Warlords of Draenor's launch. People say they should have learned from past mistakes. In the pass, there were a lot less players playing WoW. With Warlords of Draenor, you have a wave of returning players (such as myself), as well as an influx of new players. Should Blizzard make up for this mess? Maybe, I honestly don't care if they do or don't. However, I don't think it should be anything that would cost Blizzard money such as refunds (50 cents a day may sound small but when you multiply that by the millions of players playing, Blizzard is looking at losing at least 4 or 5mil a day, negating whatever money they earned this month.), free game time (the game was available the entire time except maintenace and some of launch day, you just had to wait for it) or even server transfers (if a bunch of people transfer to low pop servers, all you'll do is turn the low pop servers into medium or high pop servers and the queue goes back into play). A nice event is something more of what I'd be expecting. Such as one or two weeks with double xp or increased resource gain. Maybe even give us a special title for having survived WoD's launch (even if I personally don't view it as that big of a deal) such as *Name*, the Draenor Survivor or even Survivalist *Name*.Rúldar6 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 How do you get into brawler guild now in wod? Didn't play mop, how does one get into brawler guild in wod?Easypie0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Meanwhile at Blizzard.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mew03JJ3ZEDmize8 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 So.... Now what? So. I hit 100 today. (And I don't wanna hear anything about queues. I hit 100, and have spent more time in queues than I have in-game.) Now I'm just sorta.... sitting here :( I could do dungeons. I might in a couple days when I can actually log in again. (No chance tomorrow since queue will be 5000+ by the time I get home from work). I could....... sit in town? There's a couple world bosses. I could do those. That's a once/wk thing though, so meh. I could level garrison stuff - except I need massive amounts of resources, and I'm not really sure where to go about getting them all. I really dont care one bit about pet battles atm. So uh. Is that it? Am I missing something? Maybe it's the lack of flying and the complete lack of desire to go around the world finishing up quest hubs (Which I normally do once I get flying but good god it's so slow and annoying now), but I feel like I hit 100, and now there's just nothing to do at all. At least MoP Had dailies - love them or hate them, they were something to do. So, suggestions? What do I do besides pray I defeat the queue boss during the week!Kunfuhustle41 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Not gettin much garrison resources from quest So I tried asking nicely in chat but everyone trolled me and said alt f4, so I was hoping I'd find some nicer people here that could let me know the best way to farm some resources. I've gotten some here and there but rarely and I'd like to stay on top of getting that 20% xp potion from the garrison INN. Any tips?Gladiator11 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Do guild leaders have a new home yet? Is there a place where most of the guild leadership regs have gone? I miss them and I'd like to find such a place. Should we start a reddit or something?Nimii0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Garrison Question i got a level 3 garrison and i placed and unnecessary spike down in the middle of my place and im unsure how to remove it. anyone know how to remove it?Gottchaz1 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Can gems be sold? No gems on the AH and I need a couple so wondered if they can actually be sold or if I have to get a JC building and make my own or what?Sundarella0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Legendary Cloak Effect As many of us know by now or before that each Legendary Cloak got a special effect that pops a wing like thing or something of that sort randomly behind your cloak or when it procs, This effect kinda annoyed me and the fact that you can't xmog it. So my question is was it meant for the cloak effect to be seen even when you "Hide Cloak" option to get rid of it? TDLR; I hate cloak effect and thought "Hide Cloak" would stop it but it didn't <3Sylaily8 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Love for Zukaza the boar farmer ... This hit me in the feels. Starting a campaign. #loveforZukazaDaeji0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Question here about Ashran... Why aren't the PvP vendors in the public part? Why am I forced to wait 3-4+ hrs for an Ashran Queue on a high pop server just so I can go buy some gear to run BGs with? Just a general question.Kayisa0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Blacksmithing is confusing now... Where do I learn recipes to make gear?Ironpatriot4 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Stormwind Xmog in Bunker I'm kinda disappointed at how lame the shoulders are, why didn't they polish up the imperial armor set and make it look better, that'd be really awesome, the shoulders for the alliance are so lackluster and boring. Anyone else feel me? I like the imperial set, would be pretty awesome had they just made them graphically better.Thalaydrus5 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 garrison resources it was my understanding that we would able to choose which buildings we want for our garrison come to find out the only real way to get these resources is Lumber Mill and Trading Post. Had i known these were going to be this limited i wouldnt have spent them all leveling my followers which i thought was also the point of having a garrison. I didnt expect to get everything maxed in a month but i feel like i shouldnt have to have one of those buildings to get a steady income of garrison resources since rares and treasures are a one time deal only. if there are other ways to farm them ( i know it would be small amount ) please post as i would go through the trouble to not have to use those buildings and use the ones i want to use but still be able to grow my garrisonLaharl0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Major Issues in PvP 1) The objective of Ashran is to kill the only PvP vendors. There needs to be duplicate vendors in Warspear/Stormshield so they aren't constantly camped on imbalanced servers. 2) There's no tech to balance faction population. I checked /who 21 Horde, I had to /who every class on alliance, wound up with 102 total. 3) Ashran pop can be capped. Which means you have to wait in a queue to buy PvP gear. All of these could be fixed if Ashran had a multi-realm queueing system for instanced Ashrans, along with the realm-based Ashran. 4) Broken Bones can only be found in WPvP. This encourages players to do Ashran (with above issues) or camp lowbies. Broken Bones need to drop in Battlegrounds and Arenas. You shouldn't get them for killing people with levels lower then yours. 5) Conquest gear can drop, but it's RNG. This is dumb. People will start the new PvP season with advantages over each other. Many people got way behind the gearing process thanks to waiting in queues to log on.Yagarr2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Funny thing aspect about Garrison stables So I remember reading when I first found about about the stables that your various mounts will occasionally appear and mull about the stables. Seemed like a cool little feature. But I immediately started wondering, and I know im not the only one who was. And I just got my answer a few minutes ago. YES, your motorcycles and sky golems do indeed move around on their own XD.Grogthrar2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 how do rares/treasures work in WoD? Can you kill each rare once each day? Or once period? As in, you kill a "rare" and then you'll never be able to loot stuff from it again? Same with treasures? Also is there an addon for tracking/pointing out all these?Nightkníght2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Milhouse Manastorm Missing? So Milhouse visited my Inn. Told me to go to UBRS, I did, did the quest, and when i went back to my garrison, he was gone. Theres a Yellow ? right on top of my fountain, but he is nowhere in sight. Is this Intended as a sort of time limit? Or is this some sort of bug? The Quest is called ' For the Children' btwEscalators3 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Why are the choppers so loud? Maybe it's just me but the choppers, cool as they may be, are so un-proportionately loud compared to everything else in the game. I have a decent set of speakers and independent sub on my gaming rig and honestly the choppers are pinning out my sub. Normally I'd be OK with that but it's just SO damn loud. Looking at the sound menu, we have a toggle for DK voices (uuummm ?????) can we get one for choppers???? Or maybe just bring them in line with all other mount sound effects?Specialty11 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Looking for people to sign my guild charter Looking for people to sign my charter I'm located in stormwind on gorefiend. Please :3Neoseoul2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 not getting salvage any more? have level 2 salvage yard but the pass 16 missions have yielded no salvage anyone else experiencing this? as of yesterday i was getting roughly one every other mission.Clothò1 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 that Khadgar iceblock though... too stronkShoony1 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Blizz you made Francis mad AGAIN. For all of you upset, here's something to cheer you up! He got stuck in Queue too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jU_L8A6zfYAlilunstable12 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 [Spoilers] Will Garrosh become one a... ... MASSIVE LAUNCH WARLORDS OF DRAENOR SPOILERS INCOMING. IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETED THE STORY, LEAVE. In all seriousness, WoD has a great story. Play through all the zones. If you don't have a grasp on what you think happens to Garrosh yet, don't spoil it for yourself. With that out of the way... ... Death Knight. Will Garrosh be one of Draenors first Death Knights? Thinking of the post launch story, I'm wondering on the viability a Garrosh rebirth/redemption. It almost seems cringe worthy to say that, but if you look at the lore, there is potential for Death Knights - both the modern variant and the original. For those who don't know, the first Death Knights were more-or-less unholy mages created by Gul'dan - one of the first being Teron'gor (known afterwards as Teron'gorfiend) and was done by putting the soul of the departed in corpses - mostly humans. This doesn't seem like Garroshs jam though - strength. Ner'Zhul is responsible for what we know as Death Knights - boiling it down to its simplest roots, he was the original Lich King. We do down him in a 5 man, however, it wouldn't surprise me if he either managed to live (Tempest Keep was merely a setback), or if Gul'Dan will give him the Death Knight treatment (dark mage), and things can go on. Why do I think this will happen? Garrosh's story seems a little bit cut short. This is the real spoiler territory, but Garrosh's fight to the death with Thrall just seemed kind of... meh. We didn't see anything interesting happen - there was no remorse, just a brief moment of Garrosh's resentment for Thrall, before Thrall executes him. It was not a satisfying conclusion, and Metzen is a fan of redemption stories. I dunno, it felt too much like a set up. Opinions? Did I miss something? Do you think they'll play that card?Etlin7 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Is it safe yet? I haven't pooped all day, too scared of getting kicked off and waiting in a 10 hour queue. Is it safe yet?Gooberjelly7 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 The last boss of Warcraft Who should it be alliance vs horde aka the last fight between them or Sargeras or the old god(s)?Cursedemon2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Old AU Ghost armory profile I bet not many people have a armory profile like I do. If you don't know what I am talking about click my pic and see my scary profile boo!Lorel13 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Heirloom vendor I thought he was coming back from holiday when world of draenor hit? Did he get extra holiday time?Gartekah0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Garrison hearthstone should sort to backpack Next to your regular hearthstoneTheception2 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 World PvP Ashran "Cross-server not working" So it turns out Ashran the PvP zone is bugged and unable to bring people into it. this is a serious issue for most horde players such as the ones on barthalis because they cannot get to the pvp gear vendors. it also makes the place barren of any horde for the alliance as the alliance on servers like Frostmourne have 0 horde to fight and are farming honor and conquest, not to mention the huge queues to get into it. it's game-breaking for pvp players. any other servers having these issues?Úthren3 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Whats Shadowmoon valley like? I have done full frostfire ridge and everything horde in draenor. But i have not done alliance due to my alts being on Frostmourne US. So i was wondering what shadowmoon is like for those ally players who have got to experience it. I have tried free xfering but blizz removed it off free migration.Darkelock0 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Best expansion ever! Coolest thing - garrisons. Just wanted to put this out there.Teleric23 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 A commander, but still not an elite creature? The new stories in this expansion does a lot of flattering, calling my char a "commander," a "hero," and a "champion," although I still have to get down the Lunarfall Excavation to do ore mining myself. So if we, the adventurers, are now commanders of the Alliance or the Horde, can we have a golden dragon around our portraits like the other elites? Be it attainable through a quest, an achievement, or, God forbids, a toy told in the Blizzard store.Trauerschwan23 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Francis comes back to WoW.... just leave this here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIiC6gJpI3cBattleangel7 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Looking for a new Horde realm, need halp!! As the title says, I'm interested in changing realms. Im currently on Area 52 but with the new expac, its a 120 minute wait minimum. I love Area 52, but Im not interested nor do i have the time to wait 2 hours just to play. If any of you are familiar with Area 52, its a great realm with great guilds and people. Im looking for a medium sized server that is comparable to Area 52 for the horde. If any of you can help me with this please do. I haven't been able to play with my main yet.Misosio5 Nov 17, 2014
Nov 17, 2014 Dk vs Ret vs Warrior Hey guys coming back in WoD I was just curious which one of these 3 classes you have had the most fun playing? I have heard good and bad things about each of them, but I am curious what you guys think just to get some opinions going! I prefer to do arena (I am aware its hard to determine because of how early it is in the season) but maybe some feedback @ lvl 100 BGs? And possibly some raiding as well (casual). Thanks in advance!Tejz0 Nov 17, 2014