General Discussion

Nov 9, 2014 Any advice for preparing for Day 1? Have you been through the initial days of an xpac before? How many times? What are you doing to get ready for WoD?Truthh27 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 If you can grab the pebble from my hand... I don't know how long and vigorious my Monk character's training was supposed to be (for role playing purposes), but allow me to share the secrets of Panadrian Martial Arts that I have learned from my daily lessons. I use Zen Pilgramage and am instantly ported to where many masters teach young students at the Peak of Serenity. I am told to speak with Master Whatever to continue my training. I go out into the yard, speak to the Master I am to get my lesson from this day, and he/she tells me something profound like how to use Roll to get out of fire, or hamper an opponent to keep them from getting to a healing statue, etc. So then he/she says "Bow and we shall begin" and it goes like this: /bow Jab, Jab, Touch of Death. "I admit defeat" YAY! Now I can turn this in and get an hour of 50% more XP. Wait ... what lesson was I supposed to learn again? I don't think this is how it's supposed to go unless all lessons pretty much sum up to "no matter what, build up your Chi and use Touch of Death. Better yet, just get the Glyph and then you can use Touch of Death more effectively." Am I wrong?Liadra3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Eye of Azshara... nobody's talking? I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. I know MMO-Champion is calling it a Hearthstone expac, but I'm not entirely convinced. Do we not remember when it was agreed that Mists of Pandaria was a literary work? I went back and looked through some old stuff. For some time, most were under the impression that the MoP trademark was either for comics or a book series. I've also read that the new Hearthstone expansion was to be mechanically-based. Though, I don't think any of that is confirmed. There is a lot shrouded right now, and I guess Friday is going to be even more important. I will say this: If there is a "chance" that we will see the next expansion in a year instead of two, they should be showcasing it Friday. If not, only a few other options are possible. One being they showcase the next expansion at a PAX or something else that large in 2015. The only other option I can think of is not seeing the next expac announcement until Blizzcon 2015. However, if they were still doing things on a decent time line, we should be in the third of WoD by that point. This would mean people would have to already be well into the Beta phase of the game, even if it is secretly, which would be almost impossible to pull off. The worst case would be that nothing changes and we end up with the same release time frame we've been getting for WoW expansions. Anyway, thought this could make for some good discussion with Blizzcon just around the corner! Edit: We also know that Overwatch has been trademarked. I could see that being the name of a mechanically themed Hearthstone expansion ;)Nissalee53 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Character Shrink in Size? Maybe it's just me, but does anyone feel like all the characters shrunk just a tiny bit?Saurnok6 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 This Thursday! This Thursday will be the day that seems to stop. The day I spill my drink on me and keep playing. The day I eat bags of Cheetos and assorted candies. The day I try to level to 100 and die from over exhaustion. The day I lose my car and cant help anyone. The day my phone just rings and rings. The day I actually enjoy WoW again!!!Korvo18 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Best shadowform mounts Which mount(s) do you think look the best in shadowform?Lilyaria33 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Battle pets in WoD So does any one know about what will be happening involving battle pets in warlords of dreanor, i have a few questions. 1: Will the battle pet level be raised to something like 30 or 35? 2: Will we get battle pet breeding? 3: Will legendary and epic quality pets be available for players to capture? 4: Will the pet journal maximum be raised? 5: Will we get another collection achievement after the 400 one? If any one has any ideas about these please respond.Talgin5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Quest experience scaling So, i am now leveling a toon through outland and i am noting that quests are giving an huge amount of 3% exp... Sarcasm out of the way, it seems that i have to grind a lot of quests to level on a character that is 30 levels away from max. This seems way more absurd if you consider that in pandaria you get the same 3% per level. Anyone noticed something similar on questing? i know that is easier to level but that is if you do dungeons (their exp was really buffed in 6.0.1).Grumkar3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Throughout your years.... .....raiding, pvping, and questing, what music would you listen to? I have always listened to Journey, specifically their song during raiding (Ask the Lonely) and (Don't Stop Believing). Also other assorted 80's bands were chosen. So, what did you listen to? Just wondering :) Happy Sunday btw lol. 3 DAYS LEFT TILL WoD!Bígstomp19 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Quest Log New quest log sucks. Change it please.Jacoblack7 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Here are my ideas for funstuff, add your own. So we did not get much of any WoW news over Blizzcon so I was thinking of a few cool things that would be cool to have. Feel free to add your own ideas or add on to mine. Yes I know the other class mounts ideas are a dead horse that has been beaten into the ground, paved over, and now holds another dead horse that is being beaten, but there they are. Battle pets. Traumatized Gulp frog.-" It has seen the rise and fall of nations, adventures melting in fire, and its own sea side civilization fall by he hands of charm collectors." A chick in a box. - A box with a yellow chick head poking out. "It's a chick in a box!" Profession ideas. Leather working- A trampoline. Use: jump high into the air, over and over again. "A taught hide bound by elastic sinew" Inscription- Spray paint ( not a can, but a large tank that delivers paint to a gun). Use:Tag your friends- and city walls. It will spay a toon with paint and sprays "PWN, Leetsauce, X- was here, [your guild name] is da best mon, and the face of raid bosses. The great stick of discipline Use:Discipline a raid or party member. - knocks down and stuns a party member for 2 secs. Makes the person using the stick say a long-in screen hint. "Stay OUT of the fire!" Fishing A fishing net - Use. Collects all the first from a pool. 30 min cd. 50 charges. "A tangled mess of fishing line that gets more knotted with each use." Somewhat non-contrived ideas for other class mounts. Hunter- A spirit beast you tame as a cub and raise over time. Think a mix of both old school and new winter saber mount grind/ could serpent rep with no egg grind. Mages- That blue disk from EOE you need to repair, immune, and get turned on, by a blue dragon who you need to beat in [a drinking game] (or some other event). Rouge- Something - bug mount/ horse/ something random- you track down and steal from a dirty mount seller. The dirty mount sell should have other class mounts for sale, but not for gold, but for [ Great snuff] . Buying [ great snuff] is illegal. Warrior- A crock you need to subdue, with out wearing any gear and using a stick as a weapon in an area, heal it up, and befriend it. Why a crock? Why not. It has to be something only a warrior can beat, with a stick- and it has to look cool. Monk- Not the slightest idea, maybe an incarnation of Chi that takes the form of a cloud? If we ever get them- Demon hunter- A subdued pit lord. Now if you will excuse me I need to gather some stone on Minecraft until Wod hits.Alistrchaos3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 LFG Documentary - Amazing! What a powerful film created for players across the world to watch. I loved listening to the story of the game I have played for the last 10 years. Bravo to the everyone at Blizzard for all their hard work and dedication they have put into not only WoW, but all of the Warcraft games the past 20 years. Thanks for continuing to inspire players of your game to take note of just how exactly the phenomenon of this game started. All generating from a team of 60 into what it is today. I look forward to the next game in production called "over watch" and the WOD expansion this week. Lastly, I wanted to give a shout out to your Art and IT teams there. Keep up the good work and best of luck to Blizzard in their release this week of another great expansion!Zoinksx0 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Chromie FTW! Anyone see the picture of Chromie from the WoW cinematics panel? Even though Chromie never made it into the cinematic (sad) who doesn't love Chromie... Dragon... Gnome... best character in the game! We love you Chromie! http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/november/wodCinematic002.jpg?2Erazimoth1 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Go Long achieve I would really like to get this done before WoD hits. Would appreciate the help, both my monk and mage are pretty well geared so Im not asking for a carry by any means.Swissßank0 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Farahlon - Yes Please Just voicing some support to the idea that, yes, players would like to see Farahlon in a content patch. It was noted in the Q&A session that it 'may or may not' go into a content patch. Yes. Draenor is pretty low on zone count, leveling is pretty linear and Tanaan Jungle isn't even going to be ready at launch as an endgame zone. More zones would be great, especially one that should be there, if it has a basis in Outland I really feel like its disservice to leave it out of Draenor.Tredain4 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Dead realms I originally posted this in a WoW group but i feel that other WoW players or hopefully a blue should see it: "i walked from durotar to the very edge of ashenvale, wanna know how many people i saw? Four. And they were all CRZ, my realm used to be one of the most populated in wotlk... It just confuses me how we can lose THAT many people, the world used to be filled with people." Yes, i literally walked there, no flyng mounts, ground mounts, nothing... I don't want to be overly dramatic but it felt like walking through a wasteland after a bomb went off and realizing that you're the only one that survived,The realm merging didn't even help this realm, it's still dead as it ever was... I love this realm and i miss all the amazing social experiences i used to have on it...Kick5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Removing all complexity is not FUN Why does every expansion feel like the game is becoming less and less? Complexity keeps the game interesting. It gives us things to do. Why are you trying to remove all theorycrafting from the game? The game is at a point where people will try to min/max no matter how you change it so why do you fight it? You keep telling us whats fun and what isn't like we don't have a mind of our own to decide for ourselves what we like. The old talent trees? Guess what.. most people liked the old talent trees because there was more choice and it was funner that way. Getting a point to spend every level meant something. The concept of having a point to spend every level is whats important. You could have implemented a solution to the talents without taking away our points but nope, you just had to take it all away. The way talents work now is so ridiculous. 15 levels until I get to choose something meaningful? Wow. 7 points to spend total? Seriously?? And you know what else? Everyone still goes to icy-veins.com to see which talent is the best. Most people still go cookie cutter anyway. Guess that was worth it. Not. Reforging? Removing hit and expertise was a good idea but why take away reforging altogether? Being able to customize our stats was a feature that ONLY sucked because of hit/expertise requirements. So you decide to fix one part of the problem but ditch the whole system entirely? Tell me why did you spend all that time implementing such a feature just to rob us of it in the future? Now instead of being able to do well with any piece of gear that drops, we have to hunt endlessly for that BiS piece with just the right stat combination on it, which let me guess.. will have about a 5% chance to drop. Yeah thats WAY funner. Did you really think about this when you came up with the idea?? Ability pruning? Was it really a good idea to reduce every spec to a 3 button rotation? Was it really a good idea to remove almost every fun flavor ability in the game? Why do you have to take everything to the extreme? Some pruning is a good idea if the active rotation is overly complex involving many keybindings. But what you did goes way beyond pruning. You freaking demolished abilities left and right. You went OVERBOARD. BIG TIME. People don't like when you completely change their classes around, yet thats what you did. Why do you have to completely go to the extreme with every change you make like this? Don't you know people have been playing this stuff for years and years now? Maybe if they have been playing it this long it means they like it. Why do you feel like completely changing the way a class plays is a good thing? This has happened almost EVERY single expansion. I get so pissed when you take one of my favorite specs and ruin it with your stupid design decisions. You go on and on about how you hate complexity and it ruins a game, but you will completely change a class around at the drop of a hat and not think twice about it. Every expansion I have to hope and pray you don't hit my class with the stupid bat. Now that is a dumb thing to have to worry about but its a real concern. You need to learn to exercise some RESTRAINT when you are changing things that people have been spending years getting to know and love. Do you really understand why the game needs to be so simple a 5 year old can understand it? Is that the market you are going for? I thought this game was rated T for Teen. I think even teenagers have the mental capacity to understand talent points and reforging. The dumbing down you have done to the game quite frankly insults my intelligence as a human being. I really have no doubt that the person responsible meant well. But thats just not good enough. I guess I have no choice but to sit here and take it because I still love the game to death despite what youve done to it. I just wish you would really think about things more before you decide to implement changes gungho. All I can do is sit here and type a stupid forum post about how I feel and hope that someone there will read it and take notice. I hope next expansion you add more content then you remove for once.Astidar10 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Mini Mana Bomb not a toy? Possible toy they missed to add to the toy box? any one else have this item in their bank or bags they would like in the toy boxÐrdoomz4 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 World of Warcraft: Looking for group This documentary was incredible, and opened my eyes even more when it comes to Blizzard Entertainment, I can guarantee you, I will never stop playing Blizzard games to the day I die. Truly amazing, keep it up.Verdiction5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Rob Kazinsky. I know you lurk here. I love you. So much. I can't wait to see you bring Orgrim to the screen. And... omg... Garona. ^_^Revaks5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Norushen Bugged loot table!? 20 kill attemps, 5 chests, 4 gloves, not one ringHexss3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 I must be stupid I can't find the pre-launch even raid that I need to run for the promised mount. My google-fu must be really off. LFR, etc., don't seem to show it. Any mercy or advice would be appreciated.Bitterhope11 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 where can i buy this game lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ln3qFaXRzE i want to play warlords of draenor-bearsEunliza16 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 New Quest Log Is there any way in the settings to get back the old quest log? Or at least when you open the quest log to always have all your quests appear instead of just the zone youre in?Javeena2 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Yes, Samwise I forgive you I won't go hunt you down for making one Alliance song. I can't speak for my other Horde associates though. Update: Link was found: ... Thx Far.Jujubiju81 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Cough Cough Cough... Oh... starting to feel sick... but the sickness will not take effect for another... mmm.. three days.. Don't think i can make it to work that day boss man.. cough yeah I'm really sick guys ;)Leonphoenix26 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 How's the "Looking for Group" documentary? I like it, it was enjoyable to see a game I have been playing for 7 years recap the days things where like in the game's infancy. I joined during Wrath and I was amazed at the zone after zone all the way up to raiding Ulduar, ICC, and so forth. (mind you if you were to take a look at my achievs I did the said raids in a different high lvl toon)Banllen7 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Mogs again so since 6.0.2 you can mog 2hnd swords, maces, axes in staffs and polearms now which is cool makes alot of people happy but its sad that you cannot mog anything into claws other then claws i understand with daggers why you cant mog them cause of back stab and things like that but unless im wrong no move requires claws so why cant we mog 1hnd maces, axes and swords into claws and back again cause their are so many really cool claws that never get used cause no one uses claws weapons (before you bring up attack speed alot of claws have a 2.60 attack speed same as a 1hnd sword)Gilgamésh1 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Legendarys dissapeared Yea I went through the tempest keep got some legendarys and when I came out they were gone.Why me lol had some nice dagger xmogs and I hope they come back to me in mail.Do we not get these anymore or something?Pèàkaboo10 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 I'm taking 5 days off to play WoD on Release. I've never done this before and thought it would be fun and I have like a month of PTO I need to take off anyways. I'm going to go all out. I'm going to buy snacks and stuff too. I'm going to take a week off of the gym. What should I get for food? What is in your guys gaming stash?Shayne19 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Wod release time haven't seen an actual time the servers will go live... id assume 12am on Thursday? correct? and that would be 12am Cali time? iso insightYoloswäggins1 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Just out of curiosity why don't we punt goblins? I mean, they're approximately the size of gnomes, and less likely to be radioactive. Also, if you punt a goblin, money is likely to fall out of its pockets; if you punt a gnome, it's likely to be something explosive with a hair trigger. Just sayin'.Ramikor11 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Ok seriously how cool is Robert Kazinsky!??! The actor (playing Orgrim Doomhammer in the Warcraft movie) who came out at The Blizzcon Warcraft movie panel with the Doomhammer and rallied the Horde. The guy's accent is badass and the way he told the audience about his experiences in Wow. He's very charismatic and passionate about the franchise , just, yer. HOW COOL IS HE!??!?!Shadowfôx23 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Help choose a realm for WoD Horde PvP US Eastern or Central time zone (I am eastern but central is good enough) High popKoten3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 What should my next pet be? I have Ragnaros and the Panda (the ones you buy for real money). So far I've been using a Terrapin with them but I am getting bored of it. What should I replace it with in a way that will help Ragnaros and the Panda?Tedzer3 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 How to get Timeless Isle legendary cloak I'm told I' need the "yellow" cloak to fly across the bride. I can't seem to figure out how to get it. Can I get some input please? Thx!Meralyth46 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Dalaran Rhapsody Look up to the skies and see! I'm just Rhonin, I need no sympathy. Because I'm always here, always there, Da-la-ran, me a-gain. Anyway you observe the skies... Doesn't really matter... to me.Wynton10 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 legendary dissapeared Yea I went through the tempest keep got some legendarys and came out then they disappeared.Why me lol I had some nice dagger xmogs.Hopefully they show up in mail or something.Are we not suppose to get these anymore?Pèàkaboo5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Hero's of the Storm feature in WoW After recently playing Hero's of the storm then coming back to wow one feature jumps out at me that I love in Heroes that could fit perfectly into WoW. When your queue up for a game in heroes you can safely alt-tab out of the window and when it finds you a queue it will pop the heroes window back into focus. I feel like this feature could be perfect for wow, with queue times in wow being 50+ mins compared to the 3~ min queues in Heroes it would be amazing to alt-tab out of wow to browse the web or play hearthstone without fear of missing a 50 min queue and have to wait the entire duration again. Just my 2 cents and something I would love to see.Dardstar5 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Rate the XMOG above you. Begin. Undead Warrior Paladin here.Duul53 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 This game is freaking awesome I know a lot of people rage at it for this or that, and of course there are times where we all disagree on something, or the community feels strongly about an issue and it causes a lot of anger... but at the end of the day, we all keep coming back to this awesome game. Maybe it's just because I watched the documentary and I'm getting those feels. I'm so easily manipulated. :( Anyway, I felt the need to say thanks. I started playing this game when I was 8. I'm 17 now. I was in second grade at the time, and now I'm finishing my last year of high school. Q_Q It's been such an amazing adventure, and such a massive part of my childhood, and I wanted to share my appreciation. There are a lot of moments when I turned to this game for help, for friends, for excitement or fun. I'm glad you guys still have the passion to keep this game running. Life just wouldn't be the same without it. I'd like to share my most memorable moment in WoW. I liked those stories from other players in the documentary, and I'd like to hear some more. When I first started out, the first thing I watched (obviously) was the opening cinematic. That dwarf (with his silly big nose!) fading out of the white, the camera zooming out to reveal he's climbed this massive mountain, staring over a city dug right into it! That was amazing. It inspired me to make my first character a dwarf hunter, and I swore I'd be as cool as him (I dedicated my transmog around the guy, but changed it a bit - I am my own person, after all: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravenholdt/Munbo/simple ). It was my first character, and would be my only real one until mid-WotLK, when I made this orc. Again, thanks for the amazing memories. Hopefully on Thursday I'll get to have a few more. :)Øk8 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 New Premade Group Finder I'm really disliking this more and more each day. I keep trying, on multiple toons, to get SoO groups ranging from Normal to Heroic. Each and everytime I am met with decline, decline, decline and can not for the life of me figure out why. I MORE than meet minimum requirements, groups are never full and I am usually higher than the item level requirement yet I still get hit with declines. Seriously wish blizz would stop letting people control things in game. Getting sick of not being able to complete content because some idiot wants overgeared people to carry them >.> Wishing more and more for single player raids as time goes on. This is getting pretty silly at this point. /rant and leaving thread. Enjoy derailing the thread sheep.Kazume30 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 quintessential quintet ach... I just got my 5th 90 today. But I did not get the quintessential quintet ach... points. Whats going on?Demoshzer2 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Never got a WOD beta invite...... been playing this game for 10 years now spent a lot of money on this game and never once got an expansions beta invite.. .... this kinda !@#$ doesnt make anyone wanna play.... thanks blizzard for nothing but nerfs and buffsLocknsmonstr87 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Best spec for each class to get to 100 asap I imagine this will be a popular question in the coming weeks, so why not start early. For each class, what is the best/most efficient spec to get from 90 to 100 as quickly as possible so as to be ready for the MC raid. I'll start with the easy one: Class: Priest Spec: Shadow Why: it's the only real priest DPS spec.Callena10 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Choosing a realm as my home... I've played back in BC and Wrath, my home realm was Vek'nilash horde side and now that the guild that I was with on there disbanded in cata I've been hopelessly jumping from server to faction having trouble adapting in to a new setting, which in case is why I never play wow that much and feel bored whenever I try to play. I either pick a realm that's completely one sided so there is no world pvp or the realm is no where near where I'm at and I get 200 ping, which on Blackrock I have around 70. Wow progress doesn't seem to help me out there either and now I'm coming to the forums to ask for insight on any info for a good place that I truly can call home..Unhingèd4 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Glyph for resto druids tree form... I was wondering.. since they have a glyph so that Druids can have tree form, how hard would it be to add glyph/change the glyph so that the could 1. CHOOSE a season for what your tree looks like or 2. a glyph that causes your tree to change WITH the seasons. I think it would be awesome in the spring you have blossoms maybe some little birds flying around, Sumer vibrate green, the fall a multiple of reds, browns, and yellow, and winter that dead look or maybe a little snow on the branches. Since glyphs are mainly more a preference than they are for actual utility, how hard could it be? They already have the withered dead looking treants in game. Just a thought.Darkwither1 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 What does a tank say when they taunt? I always imagined taunting Tortos and calling out the fact that he was so fat he got stuck in the cave. What other things would you say to a boss when you taunt them?Gannikus80 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Merchant Class/Ability. i would love to see a way to be a merchant with a horse drawn cart like Fiona's for us players. with little spots along major roads where we could setup our wares. or a bazaar/market stall. the cart/wagon could be a small bank window that any player could click to open a vendor menu and could see/purchase items we have stocked ourselves. and i would love to have the carriage as a mount.. i would pay 200k and complete a legendary quest line for that. i do believe in this.. it is worth a tier.Dianá1 Nov 9, 2014
Nov 9, 2014 Free month of game time with WoD? Hey all I was wondering if we will be getting a free month of game time when WoD goes live? Thanks!Raktuen10 Nov 9, 2014