General Discussion

Nov 15, 2014 A nice welcome back... Until last weekend, I was gone for quite a while playing other games. I decided to start over with WoW... start fresh. I'm glad I got some play time in earlier this week so at least I'm reminded that this game does have its good points. When I left WoW last time, I thought it was for the last time. Before I rejoined this time, I assumed I would still feel that this game has played it's course and needs a complete reboot. That their grand plans did not include enough infrastructure to support the easily anticipated demand tells me that maybe it's time to stop expanding and maybe use their billions to rearchitect. I'm surprised Blizz is still using this old fashioned architecture. It certainly doesn't seem to scale well. Seems like other games (some even F2P) have been able to take a more modern approach, ditching the realm model all together. For the income they generate, I'd expect them to manage scale better... but then again they've never been good at anticipating demand. They're good an reacting pretty quickly, but for my dollar 10 years of making the same types of mistakes over and over is pretty sad. Maybe it'll all be better after the maintenance tomorrow.Dizziet1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Why make a beta test ? Why did you make a beta test if you already had the technology to prevent the lag issues but you never tested it in beta ... Was the beta just some sort of candy land for your fanboys who remained loyal through 2 years of the same content so they could learn the best way to make it 100 in under 10 hours while everyone else bashes its head at the entry zone quests.Earthrockz0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Class action lawsuit in process of filing Bacevicius1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Thanks Blizz!! Because of not being able to log on for 3 days now I downloaded LoL and really like it. Going to call credit card comp to get money back to buy some skins. While you guys keep restarting your servers ill be pwning nubs on summoners rift :) Have fun.Guru0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 99 xp per mob? I was doing the intro question lines in the jungle last night. I'm assuming all mobs are level 90 (or within 3 levels either way) but I noticed XP ranging from ~750 down to ~90xp per kill, with no discernible trend. Is anyone else getting wonky XP per kill on that quest? or is there a known reason why some mobs give such a tiny amount?Cylarana0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 WoD Is AWESOME! when it works... Since launch on the 13th everything has been getting progressively worse for many players. For the players that are logged in, it's great for the most part besides the lag. I got to play for a while, fighting through the lag. This is the WORST xpac launch I have ever been apart of, blizzard needs to do something about these queue times, it's been a full 24 hours of WOW COMPLETELY UNAVAILABLE... I re subbed expecting this to be great but haven't enjoyed any bit of game play to its full potential because of lag and log in issues. Great expansion, terrible launch. With blizzard a very very very wealthy company they should be able to put out content with small issues and not a completely defective program. Never in my 8 years of wow have I had to deal with this much frustration. Never again will I take off time from work for this game. Hopfully it works tomorrow. If not they will lose my sub again.Hanavix0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Garrison Do not Hearth to your Garrison. You will be dc'd and you will get the error, Character not found.Ogslàm2 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 I'm just confused in the midst of all this... Perhaps I'm going to seem ignorant in saying this, but what is with the queue times? A lot of people are referring to the queues by mentioning "longer queue times" as though these queues are normal. I've never experienced this before, never seen this "queue time" when trying to log on before. Then again, I've never been actively playing WoW during the launch of an expansion. I'm just confused. Has this happened before?Zarylia1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 horse hockey! I've been trying to log into Spirestone since 4 pm central US time today and can't get in. That's totally unacceptable! What's being done to correct this?Elisabetta0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Customer Service Idea Hey we are all here reading forums bored out of our minds and upset. When I go out to a dinner and the kitchen completely EFFS up my order making me wait longer. They generally come out and apologize and give you a free desert or something to make you feel compensated and want to return. So here's an idea Blizzard. At 7 million subs @ 15 per pop that's about 105 million you'll make in November off us (not counting software sales). Maybe toss us another 90 boosted toon as a free desert. You made a lot of money for something that has yet to deliver as promised. It would make me, as a customer feel slightly better about all this horse doodoo and want to continue to give you money. If not a 90 boost...SOMETHING. Something for us dedicated customers as an apology and recognition of your mistake. I haven't been able to play for more than an hour since release. Make me feel better as a customer.Cereally0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Smooth sailing for WoW EU realms http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status Count the number of EU realms with queues. Do it.Notagin19 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Be thankful. Everyone worked a full, hard, grueling week, and is settling in to play WoW.. and Wow is down. You do realize that you are at home, not working, waiting for a video game to become stable, right? You also realize that everyone at Blizzard is NOT home, with their families, getting ready to play. Every last one of them, I guarantee it, are at their offices, working their asses off to get things running smooth again. They have bosses that are breathing down their necks about this, too, but those bosses, thankfully, recognize something that the vast majority of complainers here don't. Yelling at them doesn't make it happen faster. Unsubscribing doesn't fix it faster (though, it clears the queue for the rest of us). So. Stop. Be happy that you are able to spend the weekend with your friends and family while there are others out there that are spending every waking moment working, stressing and trying to deliver ENTERTAINMENT to you.... I dunno. Maybe go outside and do some Christmas shopping.Juices50 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Are we being forced to buy level 90 toons? I can't help but feel, every other expansion Blizzard has made they have put up new realms, however on one of their biggest anticipated releases they don't. Now the only way to play seems to be to move to a lower populated realm which means you have to start all over and level a new toon,, pay for a transfer (then leaving everything you had on your old server), or buy a level 90. Seems like a scam to me and a bunch of bull!Shnkapotimus7 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 6 hour queue I moved so this issue would not happen.....but now it is happening 6 hour queue and still only 1800 in queue. Not happy at all blizzard, give my money back you scum!Gunknight0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Thanks for the heads up Blizz.. Spent a lot of time in queue to get the message: World Server Down.. (Skullcrusher) An update would have sufficed..Jùdas0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Are Druids OP in WoD? It doesn't feel like it, sitting in this queue.Tribs13 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 PVP help please can anyone explain how to kill a mage? between bubble, iceblock, blink, freezing, slowing spells and the pet its very difficult to drop one any tips would be niceMudcaster2 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Makes new char... Char not found Im literally handing the brand new character with everything about it directly to you blizzard. take it, and !@#$ing load it, so I can reach 100 on a new toon before you find my old ones...Derpflerp0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Queuelords of draenor wtf kind of bull!@#$ is this??? I wait the three hours of queue time for my non-main realm Aerie Peak since there is ABSOLUTELY no way im getting into Tichondrius and I've accepted that fact and guess what I finally log into my character and I get stuck on the loading screen and am disconnected. try to log in again and I'm the 2000+ person in line.... -___________- THANK YOUDiamandis0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 What do you want from me? So there I was. Cold and alone as I journeyed across the crackling plains. Triscuit (my horse) has passed out from exhaustion. As my boots freeze to the ice with each step I feel the life being sucked from my lungs. "I'm so cold...I must keep going." I know if I can just push on, I can make it to my Garrison. Suddenly a giant darkness approaches from behind. The beast roared, "NYAAA!!!" it was Michael Morhaime! here to crash the server! I tried to run but my boots had become stuck to the ice. "Bless of Freedom!!" I ran as fast as I could! I tried to stun him, "Hammer of Justice!" but the server lag was getting stronger and I couldn't cast! Approaching the edge of the ice, my garrison is in sight and Morhaime closing in "KABOOM" The ice collapses. I fall into a dark pit. Disoriented and confused, "what is that foul stench?" I asked. A whisper from the darkness "precious". "I can't move! hammer of justice is still casting. I'm frozen in place when out of the darkness a pale approaches. "It can't be... ...Philip kollar! "What do you want from me? I just want to play the game!" /cry Philip- "No one shall ever play again!" Alektra- "NOOOOOO! I just waited in queueeeeee!!!" ENDAlektra0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 I should be able to play by 1 am :) That isn't bad, since I got the weekend off, Though I wish blizzard added new realms like they did for every other expansion... almost like every other expansion had a major city and added a new class/race... But yeah guess not welp.Darmonic0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Uncap your servers please Yeah.... I don't think you realize Blizzard, but most people would much rather play a slightly laggy game rather than sit in a queue for hours at a time.... let people inBobber0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 You guys arent missing much It takes me an average of 15 minutes to complete a kill quest in Spires. Mobs dont spawn, mounting takes 30 seconds sometimes, you fall through the world. God forbid you forgot that garrisons are DC hell, and you accidentally go to your garrison. I guess the leveling is there, but it feels like a massive headache. I would stop, but the reason I don't is because I know that I cant just start back up the game again due to ques. It might be bittersweet, because by the time server stability rolls around, you will enjoy the game better than what everyone online is currently used to.Veeps0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Free race change! Yes! Thanks to the great success of the WoD launch, you may become a troll, free of charge. Glad to see so many new trolls out there already. Blizz deserves all the credit. /takes out Orb of Deception that took 2 hours to farm in KalimdorGrumgimlet1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 *Logs in* *6,000th person in que* My reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkZkx4WpGpIDelurk0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Im starting to feel bad for those that work. The que times are horrid. I'm currently at 7hrs in que to climb from 6000 to 1800. The closer I get to zero the fewer positions I gain per hour. 6000 - 3000 took 3 hours. 3000 - 1800 took 4 hrs. Projecting another 5 hrs to get in. Looking at 2hrs of play time before maintenance unless I get dc as soon as I enter as some have expressed or character not found. then we rinse and repeat this after maintenance Good Times, Good TimesRukyn0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 I'm just happy that.... I was able to finally get my `Shado-Master` title the day before launch. I waited for the Deadtalker Cipher quest to show up for weeks.Serendan0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Every Realm Locked? Why? I play on CC-SOE and its pretty low pop to start with, and alot of people got the bright idea to invite people from high pop servers to groups and now CC-SOE is locked along with every other server.. why are the servers locked? if blizz is having issues just shut down the servers for 15 min and bring them back that will clear about 80% of the issue with the flood of bots that are around too.Adva18 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Still level 90? <----- Are you? /hugPhloam0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 I tired so hard :( I tried to be patient - I didn't complain. I waited my turn in the line from 6500 in the queue ---finally hope in sight. I was number 99 in the queue after 7 hours...then a message "You have been disconnected" ....Blizz - strong dislike for you right now.Tàl0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Not Complaining, Wondering About Transfers Hey guys, so I'm sure we're all painfully aware of these issues from our own frustration or watching the frustration of others. I did the smart thing last night and didn't even bother playing, but did play some during earlier in the day. It was really fun by the way, so good job Blizzard! Of course we got some tech issues to work out, along with recovering from said DDoS, but the expansion feels good so far and I'm excited. Being on Wyrmrest Accord, I've not really ever minded having really high populations... until last night and today. I understand server limits were temporarily reduced and all that jazz, I'm fine with that, but I was wondering when will be the next free server transfers to control populations and if WrA will be one of the source servers. After yesterday and today, I'd gladly switch to a lower population server, even if it meant no more RP. Anyways, thank you very much and I hope the game goes online soon. I'm a bit disappointed that maintenance is happening after waiting last night to play today, but hey, at least something is getting done, right? I'd rather them have some time to put out the fires in the server rooms, lol. Anyways, cheers.Chripallo5 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 After 4 hours in queue ... 'Character not found' I think I'm done.Taebok1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Que times. Y'know?Shuriken1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 The server maintenance..... Is this supposed to fix the problems here?Thalaydrus13 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Is WoW 32-bit r 64-bit? The load screen says version x86. I thought WoW was 64-bit...Thanastasia0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 My toon's name finally gets back to me Can't even log into my ghost server *face palm*Feelthepain1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 6 hours in queue.... And still 800th in queue.... Is it ok for me to complain yet? Or am i just being a cry baby... because I just want it to... ya know... function... wtfBreagan1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Best commercial to describe launch Replace the pizza with WoW lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3uK41UrtyIAkadias1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Diablo 3 turned out ok So will wow. Calm down everyone, lets all be happy little nerdlings.Kattance0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Been in queue for 5 hours And I've only moved forward 2000 players. What a joke your company is. You're supposed to be one of the premier developers around right now and yet you fail on a massive level consistently.Papahmakah0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Character not found... After 7.5 hours On Kil'Jaeden. After 7.5 hours in the que, none of my characters are able to log in: Character not found. Even ones not on Draenor. Not sure if this is a known problem or not.Frenrectaff1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Errors in Judgement The game was barely playable the morning of release, yesterday I waited 5 hours to get in after work just to get kicked out from the character select screen and start over. Today 5 more hours waiting to get in & I am still # 2699 with likely another 5 hours to go or more. Even mentioning a DDoS attack sounds dirty considering the UK servers have the same issues that the NA ones do and the DDoS is only on the NA ones. This is clearly pore planning not having proper hardware in place, the sad thing is I would almost guess the real reason is that someone controlling the purse strings looked at the past declining numbers and decided that investing in extra hardware is in a bad investment as WoD may not do well long term. In the last week I have gotten: 3 server transfers, 2 faction changes, 2 WoD expac’s and two 3 month subs and an extra level boost to level 90 between my wife's account and mine. That is close to $400, money is not a concern you have wasted and continue to waste my time and provide me with little feedback on why your wasting my time. I want compensation for this debacle, money is not the issue as mentioned, my time is the issue. I want to get an EXP boost item(s) that will last 8 hours for each day there was server problems (currently 3) that can be used in 1-2 hour increments. A mount or pet of my choice out of the store or other rare mount or pet of my choice from a limited selection, an achievement “I survived Warlords of Draenor release”. What's more you need to give these things to everyone that was active over the last 3 days, not because you have to but because you should to compensate players. There have been some major errors in judgement made in the last year that did not become apparent till the launch, you should also, at the least make it public your looking into a comp package.Beefwahl0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Freezing !!!!!!! Help!!! Hi im new to this discussion but here is my issue i just purchased wod expasion pack last night and when i went to log on it would take 72 mins before i can get in, when i finally get in and start playing my character the game completly freezes causing me to restart my computer and get in the long wait times again just for it to freeze on me yet again i have been trying to play for6 hours now and i the longest i can play before it freezes on me is 10mins i really love wow and id like to know is anyone else having the same issue? Because i know for a fact that it is not my computer because i just checked and everything is running completly fine please help!!Jaalo1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 The Beastwatch Blues So heading off the Beastwatch on Ner'zhul, going to turn in some quests, like ya do, and place is overrun with lvl100 allys just clearing the place of players and quest givers. Now I understand the concept of it being a pvp server...but really guys? Its been two days. We can't even quest anymore because some kids needs to ruin someone else's day by grinding their questing to a halt? Can't even report the kids for it since it isnt a bad name or cheating.Lunarmagnus0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 shadowmoon couldn't really have 600 something 600 something people in queue, on a med pop server... no. Bliz turned the allowed counts WAY down, just to make people want to play because they can't. They're intentionally robbing us, they even said they did it. There's no way THAT many people are trying to play on EVERY server. Why was I able to play and login without any wait for the last 2 days? Why now? Because it's all Blizzards bull!@#$ game, they're doing this on purpose.Karistraza0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 People complaining about play time I mean how much money are you really losing? Quit whining. It sucks, we all know. But please stop and talk about good things man, i only got to play for a handful of hours and I thought it was a REALLY solid start to the story. Get to immediately help out our heroes and see the villains, they threw some little foreshadowing stuff in there. Garrisons seemed cool. It's great how Wednesday I had literally nothing I wanted to do, and now I don't know where to start! TALK ABOUT POSITIVE THINGS. GOOD VIBES! STAHP THE NEGATIVITY. This message brought to you by Thalaydrus, formerly Titanax, but changed during a drunken escapade last night :DThalaydrus1 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 I have this weird feeling. What if, with millions of players barely even able to play after almost 48 hours, everyone continues to try to log in, the queues keep coming, and then you get kicked out to wait back in the queue after getting only a few thousand exp. I keep feeling like until several million people quit and never log in again that this is the critical turning point for WoW. They've built themselves up and have hoarded so much money instead of investing it to stop these kinds of issues. I foresee a serious decline in customer trust and overall playability. I think we are witnessing The Great WoW Crash of 2014.Lesthanto6 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Warlord of Character Not Found =( Try to log on my Priest . . . "Character Not Found" . . . okay. Try to log on my Druid . . . "Character Not Found" . . . grrrrr. Try to log on my Shaman . . . "Character Not Found" . . . WTF!?! Try to log on my Hunter . . . "Character Not Found" . . . d;fkljas;dufhq 2w[rnhaspd;fh;sdfklasdf!?!?!?!!?!? Try to log on my Paladin . . . "Character Not Found" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TRY TO LOG ON MY BANK TOON . . . "CHARACTER NOT FOUND" . . . . I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW!!! Server maintenance was just completed two hours ago . . . what is going on Blizzard?!?! I just want to level my priest so I'm level 100 when all my friends max there main character out so I can do dungeons with them. But at this rate, by the time I get to 100, they'll all be raiding! This is so frustrating! I can't log on any of my toons because apparently they can't be found!!?!?!?!!? Please fix this!! / beg Q_QKarrya44 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Why would you allow this to happen? I know that often times, now days more then less, new content has bugs, glitches, etc. But given how much time Blizzard put into this and the amount of players present, surely Blizzard saw this coming. I am not even mad that I don't get to experience the new content, I expected it to be buggy, but it's the fact that the game has been crippled and basically shut down, in regards to being able to play, since WoD's release. Instead of locking down every server, why can't just the WoD areas be cut off? Or further more just shut everything down for maintenance until the problem(s) are fixed. I can't speak for anyone else, but in my opinion I'd prefer just to be told "I can't play" rather then babysit a screen waiting for a erratic realm queue to pop and then get a "character not found" message or by some divine miracle, actually get in the game only to be lagged out seconds later. Get yourself together Blizzard, you're better than this!Irísa0 Nov 15, 2014
Nov 15, 2014 Server restart Do it Blizzard. You know you want to. You got your finger on the button and you want it. You neeeeed it. Go on. Dooooooo it.Daduvab2 Nov 15, 2014