General Discussion

Nov 16, 2014 Stop Complaining You guys are so immature...Stop complaining and find something better to do with your life and time. yall r tardedBlackron6 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Is pve gear still the best for world pvp? Title ^Nox0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Music of Talador http://youtu.be/fXyH27S_y24?t=13m50s Does this (obviously) horde inspired music give anyone else a !@#$%? Great job on the music here.Iphigenius1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Don't you guys see All this server merging and CRZ stuff was their attempt to use crappy hardware on the back end. Blizzard this is making Microsoft look like a reliable software company.Freemantledk0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Corrupt Company and A Vanilla Community Hello, Like many of you I have just been waiting to play for hours on end and reading the forums. Lucky though, I have made it to 94 on the second day, but still haven't been able to log on since. That recent maintenance really didn't seem like they did anything, but kick everyone off to give more people a fighting chance to get back on. Although I am not on, along with a million other people, WTF. This is the 5th expansion and you would think they would of learned by now to get more servers up, or something! I know this same thing happened in Vanilla, but they actually did something about it back then, because the community was stronger and more friendly. Blizzards top CEO's actually cared about the game, because they played it. I really enjoyed WOD, and it is a blast to play it when you finally get on. I had a lot of fun exploring the new world that they have made for us. It really feels like vanilla WOW from the good Ol days. Speaking of Vanilla WOW and the reason it was so good; was because of the community and the fact that there was no flying mounts. You actually saw tons of players around in the world, besides the capital cities and that made questing in the World of Warcraft a blast-just like it is now with no flying in WOD. Especially when you came across a rare spawn, that didn't show up on your mini map and you actually probably needed more than yourself to kill it(LFG to KILL RARE SPAWN). I like flying mounts just as much as the next player, but I love a stronger community even more then an awesome guild. If you don't like to play with other people, don't play an Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. I mean come on isn't this what the game is about, playing with butt loads of people. I wish flying mounts were never implemented into the game, but they have been so you might as well bring them back. Else all those flying mounts people have collected are useless and a bunch of people will QQ. I don't want to bicker over this forum with people saying flying mounts are the greatest thing to ever be introduced to WOW and I'm a retard. I just want you to understand, that the game is really KILLER with out them and you will finally, hopefully realize once you get in for yourself, that it makes the game way more fun to play. BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY SEE YOUR FACTION, AND THE OTHER ENEMY PLAYERS CHARGING INTO TO GANK YOU. INSTEAD OF OUT OF NO WHERE FROM SKY ABOVE, FFS AGAIN!!!! I'm sure Blizzard CEO's are rubbing their nipples right now, saying ooohhh thanks for your money, but I don't really feel like letting you play your game right now. Ooooohhh yaaaahhhh give us 25 dollars and will maybe let you maybe play on a different server. Ooooohhhh yaaaahhh, rubs his nipples again.Beanlips12 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Hey This is bull!@#$ waiting in que for 10 hrs. Blizzard knows how many the realm can hold - but I can't play ... What am I paying for - I can't play .... I can't level - I can't even level my alts! This is bull%^-*!Sissybug0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Can't xfer, says character online I've tried server xferring multiple times over the last two days. Haven't successfully logged in in over 24 hours, but it keeps telling me I have a character online when I try to xfer. Anyone have any ideas why?Ridisculous9 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 6 hours later, DC and back to 6k que... Que in at 10am this morning first thing when i wake up. its 4pm now and i get DCed after reaching around 116 in que with 30 mins left. back to 6k que. This was my only day off this weekend and ive literally only been able to play enough to get half a level last night before you took the servers down. Way to go bliz, im glad that after 4 prior expansions and a main game launch you couldnt forsee these problems and prepare for them. Im glad i spent 10 extra dollars on this expansion and I cant even play 3 days after lunch. Wonderful.Realfalse2 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 How to: CaH using the power of Warcraft http://prntscr.com/56teac EzAyrton1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 time to FIRE some guys... matter of fact Blizz, start from the top down and fire the Lead Game Designer who thought cramming every 90 into the same zone at launch and have them fight over the same objectives/mobs in order to progress would be a good idea. yeah FIRE that guy right now! he fired? ok good. NEXT: fire whoever thought it was a good idea to cut costs and NOT increase server population/capacity in prep for the 10 FRIKKEN YEAR launch. FIRE him in front of the entire assembled Blizzard team, including the janitors, cleaning ladies.. HELL even get his wife, kids, family in there to witness it. done? ok GOOD! now we're getting somewhere!Xarasha1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Fun que times This has been a fun 6 hour que. Happy i didn't wait around for it lol. Anyone else enjoy Warlords of Downtime?Nikooru0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Que's fixed but lag/bugs? originally I complained a little for the ques (which really were crazy), now im in with that lag and some bugged quests. Better than nothing I guess :) anyone else having quest issues?Warlocles0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Blizz is probably making bank off Realm Trans Knowing the wow public I'm sure people are forking out 25 bux multiple times just to play the game. This is good business for Blizzard.Dyfar0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 The WaD Xpac (Wait All Day ) this game is dyingFallstar3 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Online Petition @ Change.org All, I've seen that this method of complaining usually has a better outcome. Please review the following link, share it with your friends via twitter and facebook. CNN and other news outlets have picked up on things at change.org and I think this is a really good way to make a point. ... You can also search on change.org for "blizzard - activision: refunds, free server transfers" The above link takes you to the same thing. Thanks!Oliveea2 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 what are you playing while waiting in queue? right now I had a good old age of empires 3 skirmish! ahh just like the good 'ol days! right now im going to play some League of Legends solo ranked games and a bit of skyrim after that, hopefully my queue time will be over and I might be able to jump back to the lag fest!Asche3 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Trapped in the queue time Tried to pay for a transfer, but it's saying my character is online, and I haven't logged on since this morning Blizzard please take my money so I can play.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI__53kBBKMIndante1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Queue or suicide? You decide.Shamrøx3 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Real reason the servers failed - inside story This short clip actually chronicles what happened to bring about the server catastrophe. I think its an informative video, and everyone (new players included) should watch it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6pzQJTH9xQ All it takes is one slip.Rerollpvenub0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Where's my free transfer!!! I've read that blizz was thinking about giving free transfers for the high pop servers, where are they? You guys say you investigate and try to fix the servers as quick as possible, meanwhile you sit in your offices doing absolutely nothing. There are so many people trying to play right now that it's taking them an entire day to get online, and some getting d/c almost the entire wait through the queue(it's happened to me four times since release) Do something productive for once and get stuff done for us. I know you guys can definitely afford giving us free transfers since nowadays SC became a national sport for South Korea, just give us free transfers instead of "lowering the pop cap for all servers" cause it didn't help at all. You might as well balance out all the servers instead of having just some high pop and then the rest are all low pop. So please already, do something right for once after 10 years. PS: I can care less if anyone reads this and thinks I'm complaining about the game not working, you all know you're butthurt and P.O.'d yourselves... because this is all trueBlupikachu0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Rested XP Rejoice! At least if you got kicked out while in your garrison and sucked into the black hole that is server queues, you'll know you will have 5 levels of rested experience once you get to log in next month :DSondor8 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 6 hour queues? any remedies in sight? I'm not going to be one of those "I'm quitting wow! damn u blizzard, yada yada" but seriously, is there any remedy in sight? I understand this happens, as ive been playing for a very long time, but a 6 hour queue to play?that's just ridiculous, please, is there any remedy in sight?Eyot0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Heroic difficulty... Is amazing! Some of the most fun I have had in PvE since challenge modes. Please don't nerf them like you did with Cata heroics, as this is perfect.Kavohs0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 World Server Down Shadowmoon just blew up.Shizuku2 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 3 days, unable to play, i want time added I have been a subscriber for over almost 10 years and I am seriously upset that i have been stuck in que for hours on end, only to be dissconnected and thrown back into a equally long que for the past 3 days, I dont pay a sub just to be unable to play. the least you guys can do is add some time to compensate for lost play time.Mctanksalot5 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Post a life lesson you've learned so far Speaking for myself: Yes, I'm frustrated, a little bit annoyed, and feel cheated but you know what, Blizzard is trying to work to fix their mistakes so that's something that I respect and because of that, I will stay subbed knowing that they will address their issues and try to solve them as quickly as they can (to me, that shows that they care - if another situation arose, I know they'd want to fix it). So, what are some life lessons I've learned while waiting in queue? 1) Sometimes, life's unfair and you will be completely powerless to change that. 2) When things go wrong, it takes more courage for a person to admit their mistakes and fix it, than ignore it. 3) Technology isn't perfect and assuming it is or should be is unrealistic, even though we're in 2014 - we still have a lot to learn w.r.t technology. What are some things you've learned so far?Møhamed0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 ETA Surpasses Que http://i.imgur.com/AvZ6jnA.jpg that is all.. blizzard.. that is all.. started 10 mins after maintenance...Sgtshorty20 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Two Sets of Primal Gladiator Honor Gear? im confused as to why there's two different honor sets for pvp gear for the same prices. anyone know what the purpose of this is?Avanthion0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 400 queue moved over an hour. If only 400 people are leaving a server an hour then obviously realm stability is fine. please increase server cap by more than 5 people.Margok0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Citizens of Stormrage Server! Citizens of Stormrage! Who here is currently inside the queue to receive a big, juicy steak?Ópium47 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 how hard can it be? Just look at all the high level characters who have been in a lower level instance for over an hour and kick those players. They are hurting the game and should be disciplined.Blaqfoot1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Priorities: Queues first then ingame. I'd rather be in game playing with bugs, over in a Queue and not playing at all. I read the hot fixes, nothing mentioned about Queues for the 15th, just in game stuff.Windhaven7 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 I want my money back If I can't play why should I have to pay? 6 hours in que and disconnected.....log in rinse repeat.Huullk0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 *PROOF* Blizzard is refunding 1 month https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0gBlackron0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Server Transfers Blizzard, could you please just do the easiest solution at the moment, and issue free Server Transfers from High Pop / Locked servers to low pop. I don't really care whose on my server, I just want to play right now.Proioxi0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 I paid $60 to wait in a queue all day? Come on, Blizzard. At least give us a free server transfer.Cayllé0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Addon Help Ive seen several live streamers use a add on that when they press C, or inspect another player it shows cool backgrounds like clouds, or other cool backgrounds.. anyone know the name of this?Cannablé1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 OMG i can't wait to log in *logs in 5000 position in queue* http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/010/437/Oneeternitylater.jpg *omg 4000 position in queue yay*Rored0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Garrison Help I haven't gotten far with my garrison, I've only made a barracks and now I'm working on making a Forge. however I've decided I want to switch my professions to leatherworking. Is it possible to undo the forge and build the Tannery instead? If so how?Miktari1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Increase The Server Population!!!! the que is taking ages they really need to increase the populationBiamarr0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 How Blizzard can easily fix the server queues Hello everyone, and welcome to the discussion of how Blizzard could have easily fixed these server queue issues a long long time ago and have not done so. So let's get right to it, shall we? The problem: Servers have a limited space, this is understandable. Blizzard has what, 7 million WoW subscriptions? That's a big number. Obviously the servers fill up...quick. And then players go to other servers trying to log in there instead, but others have the same idea and those fill up as well. So how do we solve this problem? The simple solution: Let's take a look at another game for just a moment. One I'm sure we're all aware of. Guild Wars 2. They faced the same problem WoW has at this moment. The difference is that they faced this problem and figured it out before the game even launched. They have a series of servers, same as WoW, but managed to let everyone log in at once even when their servers were full. How? They have one server outside the other servers called "Overflow." Overflow is a massive server with much more capacity than the other servers. If you tried to log in and your server was full, you were put into the Overflow server so that you could play your game, level, explore, w/e you wanted. Meanwhile you're in queue WHILE you're playing to get onto your actual server. I know we in the gaming community really don't like the thought of "ripping off" other games and their ideas, but when it boils down to it...would you rather play WoW with a ripped off server system? Or continue to wait 2-8 hours in queue to play?Scarletwrath3 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Stormrage free transfers Please let us transfer out im 3350 in que and its 1:30 ITS NOT EVEN PRIME TIMEOmgtermites6 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 It is now Day 3 still over 7 hour queue times Very frustrating Blizzard provide those free transfers now, stop wasting everyone's time.Foomangy1 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 High Pop Realm AFKers Big trick on high pop realms to avoid going back into the large que is walking into a wall and getting a lvl 1 mob hit you. Usually Ragefire Chasm is what most are doing. They are taking up space and drastically increasing que times as no one is getting logged off.Caith6 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Follower trait I have a follower named Killix Zombroski, who has the trait Inscription. Under the trait desrcitpion, it states "Allows you to create special documents and boosts work orders when assigned to the Scribe's Quarters. Can someone please explain what this is supposed to do? I have him sitting in the building, and I have had work orders completed with the same War Paint (1) reward. Also, I do not see where I can create any 'special documents' when he is placed in the building. Does this guy work? anyone have 'specifics'?Lohru3 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Wishes server population was always like this The long ques don't bother me if I can with with this lag free world like this.Israeli0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Changes other MMOs have done for these issues EDIT: I am using GW2 SOLELY as a reference to show that the following ideas have worked elsewhere. The purpose is not to say I prefer one game or another or compare them side by side. I simply want to make suggestions for ways that I feel WoW could be improved. The game that isn't WoW is completely irrelevant. I just happened to notice several features that I find could be implemented here as well! Bored, so I did my yearly log in to GW2 to kill time. In addition to jumping puzzles, dynamic events, several of the garrison features, 4 of the highmaul bosses, several dungeon boss abilities, Arenanet has a few features in place that prevent several of the issues related to population. Overflow servers: Server full? Overflow servers are basically limbo servers where you can play the game normally until your home server is available. Shared everything- In WoW, player A attacks quest mob. Player A recieves all loot/xp etc from that mob. Player B missed tagging that same mob, gets nothing, and has no reason to help player A. If anything it creates a hostility towards others in your questing area as you race to get the mobs you need. In guild wars 2 you see player A attacking that quest mob and you help him kill it. You both get loot and xp. Gathering nodes are player based, thus no competition for resources, just the effort you put in to obtaining them. I always enjoyed the community (outside of WvW) in GW2, because I saw no reason not to help players in the open world. It was mutually beneficial and requried no party. Guesting- Basically what happens when someone from another server invites you. With guesting, you'd select 1-2 servers with some sort of arbitrary daily cooldown to prevent spam hopping. You can play on those servers with certain parameters to limit abuse. In WoW, players abuse the LFG tool to hop servers for rares etc. This would put an end to that and allow more players access to these rares instead of a small group farming multiple servers at a time.Ezzy6 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 Buy WoD...you'll all be conquerors... But 'what' Blizzard...must we give in return? 7 hour+ queue waits, 15 dollars a month, server crashes, disconnects, and lackluster customer service...Leah0 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 ZULJIN: What is the queue like? If one were to re queue, what kind of numbers are we looking at? I queueud around 4:30pm EST and at 9:00pm @ 1959 in queueDosanx12 Nov 16, 2014
Nov 16, 2014 No respect from Blizzard i think Blizzard not respect the customer, because, they're not able to give access to game for all player who pay for it, it's not the first expension, they know what happen when it released, and they're not ready for this.... In this time of other mmo game became free, giving low access to realm is a dangerous dealAlastpriere2 Nov 16, 2014