General Discussion

Jan 12, 2015 The new druid arena hack Just did some arenas and have seen this happen several times..Resto druids running with lvl 80 pvp gear on in lvl 100 arena..gives them 135k health...one or two casts get them back to full health almost instantly so they become almost unkillable. I find this a rather stupid exploit. Just another way for someone to manipulate bad design.Wárlòrd18 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 No new Hunter Weapon Enchant? I just saw the list of all the new weapon and armor enchants for MoP. I have noticed that none of them seem to appeal to a Hunters bow. Is this intended or what? I'm just curios due to us losing our polearms which had the weapon enchant and now we are just going to have the Engineering Enchants?Primmripper15 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 My DK has been put on a no fly list. As a preface a bug has been submitted on this issue but I'm hoping someone has seen this and can suggest how I can get my FPs back. This is going to sound very complicated so I will try to be as comprehensive as I can in the description of the problem I am having. I have lost all my flight connections between Spires of Arak and the rest of Draenor but only on my DK. After hoofing back into SoA from Talador, to get to the first FP in SoA at Crow's Crook, I continued on to the next FP at Veil Terokk. I had to use my hearth stone to get back from SoA to my garrison because it showed no FPs available outside of SoA and now there are no FPs showing for me to get back even though I confirmed that I have made the two connections there. My other characters have all of their FPs showing from anywhere in Draenor to SoA and back again and I have done the same quest-lines on all of them to get there. Just my DK has no FPs showing anywhere in SoA from anywhere else in Draenor and I have tried with and w/o my add-ons with no change. I have also reset the UI several times, walked into SoA and checked my FPs to confirm that I have them. The confirmed FPs in SoA show up on the Flight Master's map while in SoA but they show I do not have a discovered FP anywhere outside of SoA. I'm very confused. Any suggestions on how I can get back to my questing there without walking every time I want to go there?Lynrdskynard3 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 It's 2015!!!! Can we get rid of Khadgar the Dismounter once and for all please! He is now my most hated npc in the game!Stinkypaws18 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 10-30 bg why queue for a battleground at all unless youre decked out? good grief man.Boogzz11 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Why do people... put their names at the end of every post like they're writing a formal letter? We can see your name over there <----- - WazulzWazulz49 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Oops, my pet shop "accidentally" burned down Is what I would say, if I could light it on fire. Seriously though, can we have an option get rid of the pet shop? Or at least unlock "finishing" it without levelling a bunch of items to 25 and beating those stupid quests? It's great pet battles exist, it's great people love pet battles, I have nothing against pet battles, and I think it's awesome that there's a whole range of content for those who love that kind of thing. But I (and I would guess lots of other people —I do not know what percentage, so, don't quote me) don't. Having that ONE building be unfinished is annoying the _______ out of me. Not to mention, there's lots of other stuff I could happily put there. I adore all my companion pets, they keep me company, they're friendly, they sing terrifyingly creepy flower songs, they do lots of neat stuff. But being sent willy nilly into horrible gladiator style death battles IS NOT one of them. I'm not some Ogre after all. Please, think of the fluffy things, let us opt out of the pet shop as a garrison completion requirement. I'll thank you, my pets will thank you, and Mylune won't come to your house and cry.Bellweather23 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 You know why Orcs hunch? Because our massive shoulder pads have ruined our spine.Hydrocarus7 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Banned word list suggestion There needs to be a hidden list of banned word separate from bad word filter that can't be disabled and can be used to blacklist undesireable stuff like gold selling sites. Right now there's an annoying and persistent spammer who seems to go off every few minutes promoting a gold site. If there can be a banned word list, it will automatically filter out anything and flag account for inspection. For example if the word Acme_gold is on banned list and someone goes off "cheapest gold on any server 1000g per 17 dollars, go to www.Acme_gold.com", the whole line is deleted and blocked, and the account gets flagged to be checked. It is most likely hacked account and when it is confirmed to be hacked or otherwise a genuine spam, the account is locked. And the best part: new players and uninformed players won't see the spam and won't be so foolish as to go to the site to try and buy the gold, gets malware or keylogger installed which causes the account to get stolen, drained of gold and stuff, etc. The list can be updated based on spam report frequency and if the web site are blacklisted quickly, it will somewhat discourage spammer. Getting a new web site domain can take a while since not all DNS are equal and some can take a few days to update with new site addresses. Not to mention not free and if the spammer uses stolen credit card, their web site's source IP address can be blacklisted which would make getting new web site name harder as well. Right now the annoying gold spammer's web site has something to D3 and sky. It's been going on for several days now. I've always reported them but I still get random disconnect from reporting that is clearly not caused by addons. Other players have reported random disconnect from reporting and some players have just quit reporting to avoid getting disconnected.Aogara36 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Squishing of the stats Was the stat squish really needed? If so why not do one on an even bigger scale? Look back to the end of Mists, our tanks had well over one million health with dps and healers well over six hundred thousand. Fast forward to current tanks and other raid composition. Health over 500,000 with dps and healers bringing up the rear with mid-high 300k's This is still only the first tier and really the only thing that was smashed was our damage and healing output and yet that rises on a daily basis. To me I just don't see the squish being justified when we might just end up right back where we were when Mists ended. Perhaps this was just a trial run by Blizzard? Perhaps an even bigger scaled squish might be in the works? Please note this is not a "I HATE OR LOVE THE SQUISH" kind of thread. It's just a mere observation on what I have noticed and wish for more responses and feedbackGalvinrad20 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 screw twitter, fix oceanic account management so yeah as title says screw spending resources to put in twitter, how about maybe blizzard you fix basic account features for every oceanic realm, no character transfers, no race/faction/name/appearance changes and no self serve item restoration. (and yeah to all the "but they are diff teams" crowd, what frakking team do you think would deal with WoW website issues, hmm maybe the same ones who would write in website integration stuff, and if not the case and blizz made special team for twitter, then wtf....)Bullus0 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Molten Core Bug? What's up with Molten Core, I took today off to farm the enchant for the last time but now I can't. Anyone else having it not let you join the instance. It just takes me to To the loading screen then knocks me out.Arenä7 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 orc warlock or undead lock? So I have a lev 70 orc warlock...but now I want a undead toon...like alot, do a race change the orc to lock lev up a mage (dont want to) ?? or is undead mage cooler? and i keep lock?Naruli9 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Emerald Dream it is. Edit: Original post below, but thanks to the replies I have decided on Emerald Dream after all. Thanks to all who posted! Hello all, recently I've been struck with some conflicting goals. While I reside on an RP server, my main focus this xpac has been PvP and I deeply miss the opportunities of random world encounters that PvP servers provide, yet I do not want to completely give up RP opportunities either. "But principle Oshaghenessy, seems like your answer is pretty simple," you inform me matter-of-factly. "Just move to an RPPvP server." And that's just it. I plan to transfer and create a new character on such a server, but I'm stuck. After some research on guilds, population, etc. Emerald Dream seems like the best opportunity, but I'm still unsure. So, I ask to all residents of RPPvP servers and those with such experience to weigh in and help me choose. tl;dr I need help deciding on what RPPvP server to move to to get more PvP opportunities without sacrificing RP opportunities. Anyone with experience on this, which server would you recommend? P.S. I will be Alliance faction when moving to this server. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!Oshaghenessy21 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 What is more hated A bug raid or a troll raid?Frostscythe1 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Abandon Gathering With thousands upon thousands of extra ore in my crafting bank, and a daily-refilling mine, I gave up mining a week ago and power leveled engineering. Couldn't miss mining less! I sincerely hope that Blizzard considers making gathering professions a thing of the past, because two "real" professions is much more fun to me. I feel sorry for skinners and tailors who still have to work for their crafting mats. BS, JC, and Eng have it made in the shade.Ebonbeard13 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Looking for a new server I was thinking about looking for a new server, Kil'jaeden has a lot of players but its really lacking in people wanting to do stuff and pvp guilds. I feel my server is too hardcore pve focused, and its not really at the pace i want to be going at. any suggestions? I also could just make a new toon on said server rather than xfering this toon, i enjoy leveling new characters.Xanthine4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Battleground Raid Frames Anyone know how to make them show what each person on my team's roles are? I can't find a setting anymore and it used to be automatic for me. If blizzard completely removed this from their settings for battleground raid frames does anyone know of an addon that does this without changing the look of it? Just want it to look how it used to or how it looks if you go into a raid group. I am not talking about the BGtargets addon, I want to be able to see who on my team is what role so I can assist accordinglyKaydên2 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Random Upgrade Slap In The Face! Dear Blizzard, We need to talk. You know those rare spawns in WoD? The ones that drop rare loot? I can accept that the item will likely be something I cant use. Heck, I can even accept that it binds to me, so that I cant give it to friends or even one of my other characters (I've got more purple crossbows than I know what to do with on my Priest!) What I cannot accept is getting a RARE/EPIC upgrade on an item I cant use!!!! How is that supposed to be rewarding???? What kind of slack programmer thought that it would be cool to apply something that's supposed to be a special bonus to something your character cannot possibly use? It's a slap in the face each and every time it happens. Please, please Blizzard, think of the children. INB4 WoW fanboy points out that you can sell the item for gold. PS: Bring back the original Wailing Caverns -- stop feeding the ADD crowd.Furittus3 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Laptop for WoW Which of these would run wow better?http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-aluminum-black/3703007.p? id=1219093053506&skuId=3703007&pid=1219093053506 OR http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MMMMMX2?me=&ref=olp_product_detailsAdomerne47 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 looking for ppl at the university of Alabama looking for people at the university of alabama who playPatraeus4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Taking insignias What's their purpose now?Mordhaus6 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 [H] <Outcome> 7/7H 1/7M About us Located on Lightning's Blade, Burning Blade, Onyxia (Merged). Created by a few real life friends, lead by ex top 50 US players & Veteran raiders. Outcome is a semi-hardcore 3 days a week raiding guild, we're looking for experienced and knowledgeable players to improve our roster. We are very laid back but at the same time we like to get !@#$ done in the small amount of time that we have. Progression Highmaul 7/7 Heroic 1/7 Mythic Schedule Tuesdays 8-11 EST Thursdays 8-11 EST Sundays 8-11 EST *invites go out at 7:45 Recruitement Class Priority: DPS: Hunter Windwalker Mage Any exceptional DPS We are currently recruiting capable DPS to solidify our roster. Apply at our website http://www.outcomelb.com/ (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) or add an officer on BattleTag | coreyBEAST#1188 | Nicolasd#1426. | Applicants must be able to provide me World of Logs or Warcraftlogs. Be up to date with gear / content. If you cannot take criticism or cannot stand being sit for a certain fight your class is less suited for then don't bother. If you're into killing dragons & having fun then we'd be more than willing to give you a trial. coreyBEAST#1188 FlappybirdFlappybird2 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Garrosh's early attempts at Time Travel Suffice to say, his decision to go to Dreanor instead of Outland had some very good reasons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlEn88kABIFiorala0 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Medium vs High I was wondering what are the pros and cons of being a medium vs high server. Currently I'm on Alexstrasza Alliance but I'm wanting to swtich to Horde. The horde faction on that server is very low in comparison, how much does this matter if high end (Mythic, Heroic) raiding isn't the main goal? Also any suggestions for a good Horde server?Lunarix1 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 MC broken? been trying to do MC LFR for the past few hours and each time I join a group it gives me an error of "Transfer aborted instance not found". Has anyone been able to zone in and do MC today? I heard a rumor that they are going to extend it a week again but I couldn't find the twitter post. I was hoping to do at least 3-4 more runs of MC in the hopes of getting the pet. It would suck if they ended early again since I intentionally didn't stay up last night thinking I would have today to do it.Shadowbreakr7 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Make Mythic Cross-Realm Dear Blizzard, You have opened a can of worms with mythic - we want to do it but we don't necessarily want to leave our current guilds to do it. Guilds are more than just tools for progression, some of us like our friends even if they don't care about hard core raiding or if they don't have the right raiding times for us. If you make mythic raids cross-realm, we will be able to pug them like I have been pugging normal and heroic HM and get more out of the game. TY!Sudra21 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Can I get some clarification on Legacy Locks? So I've searched both google and the forums and found a lot of conflicting or incorrect information on changes that were brought to the legacy raids with 6.0. Is there anyone who understands the system as it is now on a per raid basis? You used to be able to complete Trial of the Crusade 10, 25, 10H, and 25H all in one week on separate lock outs but I completed 10, zoned into to 25 and it says it's 25 and the floor is back, but the NPC to start the fights doesn't appear. You used to be able to switch between Normal and Heroic in ICC at will pretty much but I've had a lot of difficulty with getting that to work lately... So here are the main questions I'm looking to answer: 1. How do the lockouts for ToC and ToGC work right now? 2. How do the lockouts between ICC Normal and ICC Heroic work right now? 3. Are the raid lockouts for Normal and Heroic Cataclysm raids separate? 4. Are the raid lockouts for Normal and Heroic Pandaria raids separate? 5. In what way is Siege of Orgrimmar different from the other Pandaria raids in terms of lockouts.Rukas4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Does Refer A Friend go to level 90 now? What the title says, I am curious if I could get to 90 using it with a friend, or if it just goes to level 85 still. Thank youAdulteration2 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 best spec for pvp (priest) I cant decide. I'm a holy/shadow, but I'm curious as to whether I should just be holy/disc/ that way I can be more versatile in raids/dungeons but still deal damage when I feel like it. then if I find myself bored of spamming the same skill/ there are already too many disc, I could just switch to holy .... but I want to know if disc priests are easier to handle in pvp than shadow priests... what do you guys think?Joeyroo1 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Only Males As Gaurds Hi! After seeing the post titled "Only Male Miners?"; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15701234418#1 I thought it would be of the best interest to bring up another issue which has been bothering me for years. Currently in Stormwind, you will notice a deep void of female guards when it comes to those that patrol Stormwind Keep (The Stormwind Royal City Guards). I feel like this gives the sense that men are far superior to women when it comes to being the "best" at something. Sure, woman can have a roll as a guard for the Alliance just as we see women working as a secretary for a big cooperation. But in real life, we rarely see a woman CEO and in this case we NEVER see a female Royal City Guard. As a company blizzard, these little things help change the mindset of the many and will in turn help empower woman to have a more important role in the world. Please consider adding more diversity within the rankings of the alliance. Also, as a compliment to you, I must say I am very much pleased with the recent improvements you made when it comes to the leaders of the alliance. We currently see Jaina have a much more important role and she is finally making decisions for herself for the first time. And also before I finish, I want to address all the trolls out there commenting very disrespectful messages towards the OP of the previously mentioned thread. If you do not like what I (or anyone else) has to say then that is fine. BUT DO NOT get upset just because you disagree with me. Simply close the thread and GO AWAY. I had to post this on a separate character just to avoid the private messages I got ingame last time I raised a concern on a similar matter. (Seriously...who goes ingame to yell at someone because they disagree with them) To everyone else, Thank you! <3Annist73 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 A dilemma First, I have no clue why my avatar looks like she has explosive wind. so, I'm lvl 61. I have a choice, level up normally, see the world again all the way up to 90 OR hit that boost a character button for $60, skip all the older content and being on WoD. Which should I do? For the record, I have plenty of higher lvl horde toons that have seen the content, but this is my only Ally toon.Misskenzie8 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 What do YOU want to change? What (possible) changes do YOU want in the game? In my case: - No addition of races/classes (focus on balance) - Revamp of the quest system: less quests, but better ones (with more lore and different objectives than kill x anything). - Separation of PVE and PVP abilities to avoid balance issues. - Ability to log in ANY server with ANY character. - Ability to join a queue with another character (not the one you are playing at the moment) - Removal of gear behind daily stuff (use it for mounts, titles, etc).Medíc4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 What happened to all the blue posts/responses Harirn7 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 What happened to all the blue posts/responses I have to admit up front that I played WoW from vanilla through WotLK and then went away quietly into the night. I used to read the forums regularly for Blizz responses to various issues on the forums. I started playing again at WoD release (yes I completely missed Cata and MoP) and I cannot help but notice the shockingly low number of Blizz responses in the General Discussion forums. I know Ghostcrawler left (though I do not know why), but is this the new normal where the forums are just players discussing things with little to no input from Blizz?Harirn6 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 PvP Toxic Community? I feel like people who play PvE are more mature. PvP is full of kids that love using twitch-lingo and memes and generally acting pretty immature. They remind me of the LoL audience. PvE seems to have more laid-back individuals.Jirard44 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Community thoughts on Old Version servers Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and Today I was thinking about some of my favorite skills in WoW. It seems every time a class gets something really awesome and unique, the community starts to complain about it not being fair, so Blizzard either gives all the classes something similar or just pushes the delete button. Mana burn, Symbiosis, and the Death Knights ability to come back to life as a Ghoul come to mind, and there are many more iconic skills that just no longer exist. I for one am not a fan of Streamlined easy mode game play in wow, there are a ton of other streamlined MMO choices out there. I always thought what made wow distinct was the abundance of skills and choices, that seem to just keep diminishing each passing year, and the classes and specs seems to become more and more similar and far less distinctive every xpac. Call me a snowflake if you want, but I like my class to be different, even if that means there are certain counter classes. So I pose the question to the community. What would you think about Old Version servers being implemented? Essentially these would be realms locked into skills sets and glyphs sets that were used in previous versions of the game.Entwine12 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 WTB Spectral Tiger I'm looking to buy the Spectral Tiger. I'm offering 300k. ThanksHacklaga4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 So can fishing and cooking get some love? It's sad really. What used to be fairly interesting professions have been effectively relegated to being useless thanks to the barn. There's no incentive to leveling your cooking or fishing as you can't effectively use any of the recipes. Grinding up materials such as raw meat for the 100 stat food is so time inefficient thanks to pitifully low drop rates while the barn just pumps out an endless supply of the best feast in the game, with or without the profession. I understand wanting the garrison to be awesome and such but what happened to it augmenting and supplementing our professions? This is a case of it flat out invalidating them. Instead of outright giving you savage feasts, why couldn't the barn process the animals into supplies of raw meat for you to use and the feasts be tied to cooking? Why does the barn have to pump out the best feasts pre processed and ready for raid?Blackstar4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Jumping Puzzles... I'm anti-jumping puzzles. I mean, I guess there are people that like those things, I usually don't go out of my way to do them. There was a fun one on my priest in Nagrand where there were booby traps on the groud at the entrance of a cave. But alas! I have levitate! Bonus: I levitatied a random warrior trying to do the puzzle as well but he kept almost dying to it. Very many /thank were gotten that day. But I was leveling my rogue and got to one in Spires of Arak and thought I would take it on: It looked pretty clear, you had to jump up a tree, then cross a rope. But that camera angle! If I'm jumping from a tree branch to a rope I want a top down view so I can position myself correctly. But I'm either so zoomed in I can't see where I'm jumping or even if I zoom out a little bit there is folliage all over the place. So I tried and I tried and I tried for about 30 minutes. So I gave up, but I didn't go back to questing, I just logged off I was so frustrated. Moral of the story: If you're going to put jumping puzzles in at least make it so the leaves aren't in the way. Grrr :DNighttshade0 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Got Proving Grounds Silver but ilevel too low That's what I get for power-leveling...I'm around ilevel 596 and need 610. What do you recommend? I should go back and finish Nagrand.Mikebreezy12 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Proving Grounds Sensei Mode Some of my friends have been struggling in Proving Grounds Silver, but it's really difficult to offer any kind of meaningful advice if I can't see where they're having problems. It would be nice if there were a way to join my friends in PG in an "observation only" mode. This would work by putting a debuff on anyone other than the group leader entering the PG which essentially prevents any kind of action (as if they were a ghost), i.e., Sensei Mode. What do you guys think? Could be a good way to coach someone in a controlled environment with no pressure.Grund2 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 6.1 Ideas Alright blizz, now that the holidays are over, its time to start having a heart to heart. We are running out of things to do, and fast. You just are not appealing to many people, and I know that my guild and friends list is becoming pretty small. These ideas are very easy to implement and should greatly increase interest. 1. Its time to revisit Pandaria.(maybe) Yes, I know, but its pretty easy to throw things in old content, too A. 1% Dungeon drops (Pandaria and Draenor). Every heroic dungeon (Even those in draenor) needs to have at least 1 pet, toy or 1 mount to farm. I know you have unused cloud serpent models. Lets use them. B. World bosses Ok, youve had your fun with your absurd .01% drops. Its time to increase that slightly. Lets make all pandaria world bosses .5%. Increase the rate, increase interest. Its that or add mounts to the new world bosses that even I have problems wanting to do. The only world boss that interests me is Rukhmar Unborn Val'kyr v2.0 to -4.0 No idea why you scrapped this idea. Even though I dont have an unborn Valk, I'd still like to find one someday. Maybe you can even make it spawn randomly in a pet battle. cata zones need one, Pandaria needs one and Draenor needs one. 2. Bring back honor farming. Since you guys never even bothered to make a new bg, everyone is bored. Its been a long time since you gave us a reason to farm honor. You should add toys, pets and mounts all purchasable with honor. You may not be excited to do AB anymore, but you could be excited for mounts toys and pets! 3. Return flight immediately, and for 6.1, add in new herbs and ore that are unfarmable in garrisons . Right now, I have no reason to even leave my garrison. Adding new herbs and new ore and using them to craft new items for 6.1 would help give people something to do, and help people to make gold. Professions are in a very bad state right now. Recipies should drop in dungeons, raids and the outside world. Flying would encourage farming, daily log ins and enourage more trade 4. Return Valor, Good valor. I really liked Cataclysms model of Valor and items. Having valor that are upgrades for everyone is something that I consider integral to healthy gameplay. If someone just logs into raid, I feel that they will quickly lose interest in the game. By needing to farm valor, you fill LFG, help maintain friendships which in turn keeps your sub numbers up. Its a chain reaction. Person A logs into raid only, person B logs in every day. But Person B is lonley and starts to log in even less, which leads to C quitting 5. Return Currency exchange. For the love of god, please bring this back. I know what you're all thinking. "If you want to PVP then PVP!". But no. Absolutely not. Another threat to games is the "Meh" factor. Should I PVP? "Meh". But with currecy exchange you enter the "might as well" game. "I have extra valor! I might as well PVP some", which gives people more to do, rather than just "Nah, I dont think I will" 6. Bring back stormwind/Orgrimmar Ashran sucks as a hub, nobody is ever there on my realm. If you put a portal to stormwind in garrisons (and return portals), you put PVP vendors, valor vendors and then if you take people's buildings and make it so that depending on the buildings you choose, your portal spawns in specific places all around stormwind (Such as if you choose Engineering and Gladiator Sanctum, you spawn in Dwarven District near Brawlers. ), you would help to make the world feel alive again!Eillesa4 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Garrison Mission ideas Before the Expansion launched, I was NOT interested in the Garrison feature and collecting followers and doing missions. I just wanted to play the game, not manage my own "city". Now that I've played the expansion, I love the Garrison feature and especially the Followers and sending my followers out on Missions. That being said, there definitely some opportunities to make improvements to the Missions part of garrisons and most of these ideas come from other features in Wow and other Blizzard games. 1. If a mission awards experience, but the Followers completing the mission are already capped out (Epic) then they should award Gold instead - just like how it works in Wow when you complete quests at Max Level. The same concept should be used for Missions. It feels dumb to send out Epic Followers on Missions for even more experience... 2. Allow us to skip / remove a Mission (1 or more per day) if we don't like a particular mission. This idea is from Hearthstone where it allows you to remove / replace one of your daily quests per day. This would make it more fun so we don't think we are running unnecessary missions that don't have any benefit. 3. If all my followers are at max level, why am I still getting lower level (95'ish) missions? Shouldn't I be getting missions appropriate for my followers level? It is not fun to send my Epic followers on level 95 8 hour missions just so that they will be gone from my list of missions and hopefully something better pops up. 4. Is there someway to show what missions will be available to you (and which ones are not) based on the ilvl of your followers? I have probably 10 Epic 645'ish Followers but mainly see base level 100 missions. I rarely see 615 or 630 and even more rarely see 645 missions. How are these determined? Is there a way to show that to the User similar to maybe the Raid lockout screen? I hope someone from Blizzard reads this. I love the Garrison feature and particularly the Followers and Missions part of the Garrison. I think some of these low hanging fruit ideas (using similar concepts from other Blizzard games) could make them even better!Vallerrie6 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 WoD running animations Now that they've been out for awhile, has anyone gotten used to these new running animations? I came back about a month ago and I've been trying to level up my various dwarf characters, but the bouncy run thing is annoying the living **** out of me. I thought I might get used to it, but after playing my gnome for a bit (one of the few races that seemed to mostly maintain their animations) it's pretty much impossible to not notice it when I switch back to my dwarf. I've almost decided to turn the new models off several times, but I like most everything else about them so I didn't want to do it. Plus, it would suck to be among the probably only 2% of the population that even uses them anymore. Is the overall opinion of these new animations favorable around here on the forums? Not that it makes a difference either way, I'm just curious on the general consensus.Calrin7 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 What if.. When we logged into WoW, a voice said " Welcome to the World of Warcraft " or " Welcome to Azeroth " or you go to Tanaris.. " Welcome to Tanaris " You could choose a manly voice, or a woman's voice.Euro20 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Kor'Kron orcs still in the barrens.. Why hasn't this been updated? :lMaeqweldae8 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 WoD Reputations I'll keep it simple and just ask: Why not combine the different reputation gaining methods to allow us to choose what is fun for us? - Mob Grinding - Championing Dungeon Runs - Dailies Those are all systems that are in the game and seem simple enough to implement in a patch. The dailies could even take you to the mob locations for the specific rep with a nice rep bonus for doing the daily. I ran more dungeons in Wrath than I ever have thanks to championing. Thoughts?Vablonx2 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 Only male miners? I know I will get flack for this but for some reason it dawned on me today that all the miners in my excavation are male. I don't really like the message that sends especially to any young girls playing the game. This gives the impression that only males can work in mines. Give me grief all you want (I know you will) but honestly in 2015 there should be female miners as well as male. Silly as this may be to some of you but I don't think its sending the right message. Aw well.Horrormones204 Jan 12, 2015
Jan 12, 2015 the worst MMO communities. I have played many MMOs over the years, star wars the old republic, aion, city of heroes, city of champions, warhammer online, guild wars 2 and wow. so of those which one has the worst community? well its world of warcraft by far and away. from people spamming anal followed by a link of an ability to people putting lvl 10 green gear on the auction house for 800g. for a very short time recently you could link pics in chat so trade chat was spammed with pics the size of the chat screen. to people asking simple questions in trade chat getting cussed out or given a false answer to their question. to mages demanding 200g for opening a portal to whatever city that took all of 8 sec. people even talking about how good the drugs are that they are on. I even remember in classic I made a troll rogue named yotingo I went to the city gate where people where dueling, a lvl 60 shadow priest wanted to duel me so ok I did. he mind controlled me made me run up to the top of the zeppelin and jump off where I died and had to run back from the gy. from a tauren saying to me "wtf would I do with that!" when I asked him if he would buy a key from me for 2g. but the absolute worst of all are the people on the forums. people come to your post simply to dislike and or report it. you ask anything about pvp usually the 1st reply is L2P noob. you point out that druids are a little too strong in pvp and would like to see some tweaks then all the druid players come out to say that healing sucks or this has a cd or that power has a cast time. you link the 3v3 board and druids are in 5 of the top 10 positions at 2800, then people snap back saying well you cant base it on that your a noob. you spam trade chat for an hour "LF 2s for points pst" someone wants to join you tell them hey im only 1200 rated in arena I just need the points. you lose your 1st game and they quit or !@#$% you out that you need to L2P noob then quit. so in concusion if your looking for the worst people on the net playing MMOs you will find them in world of warcraft.Malakaimason48 Jan 12, 2015