General Discussion

Oct 16, 2014 Hate to use this against you Blizzard ! A quote taken from one of your own Characters Illidan Stormrage "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" LOL TYÖòx0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Whale Shark Don't worry guys. He's still terrifying.Kelarica24 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 End of Crafters? I just now noticed that for tailors Lightweave and such is gone for blacksmiths the socket bracers and gloves is gone. Im sure all the professions that had purks are gone. I keep seeing the game more and more turn into a farmer style game and nothing earned as in hard work . Should we just rename World Of Warcraft to " Farm vile the wow edition" I am not saying that blacksmiths should get way more then others who wear plate and arent black smiths but rather then make crafting now more or less useless to do or level. Is blizzard going to remove all professions from the game? They removed specific tailoring, armor smithing, weapon smithing. Now any and all perks of spending time to farm the mats the gold to level the professions. As well all best in slot gear now is no longer what one can craft but what one can buy, or get from bosses. I remember the day when you wanted to raid you farmed all week for the mats to make your pots and be raid ready. Til DS days Ive never seen tanks Say in vent " Pause Mom wants me" on a boss fight!! Devs Please hear us.! Stop takeing perks from players who earn them from working in game to earn things. I think crafting no matter what the item is from tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking, and etc should co exsist with end game drops. Wow don't have to copy other MMO's! They are copying you. Some may say well Its unfair they get benits when All I do is farm herbs and ores on 20 chars and I love gold.; I say to you well gratz want a cookie. To farming to level a profession and work in a raid to get drops should be hand in hand. One idea you could incorperate is combine mats as a black smith for example end game gear in MOP to upgrade it as a blacksmith you need 200 ghost iron ore and get lets say 1% bonus stats and your able to do it to others bound armor at least its fair to all but you can charge the farmer for your skill and "Hard Work" their too many BOT addons to where players can sleep and wake up bags full. Not like theres addons to level your professions while you sleep. Well thats my tid bits I hope that some of you who feel the way I do will speakup. Even if you don't agree speak out.Unholyresolv0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Leveling up now Decided to replace my posting toon with an orc. Well I got it to lvl 4 and am getting one shot from mobs. Just using gear from quests and the Vile Familiars in the Valley of Trials are hitting for 250plus and I only have 224 health... I guess if I want to level up I need to by mob grinding and hopefully can skip that quest. Blizzard you have so much to fix now.Kara13 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 What am I going to do with all of my hunters? Enjoy them......seriously Since it is only a few days into the patch, I haven't experienced everything and I'm sure there will be changes and corrections. There is so much going on and so many thing to adjust to that I'm still getting settled. However, I've noticed a few things. Hunters are not broken......and before you scream at me, I am also missing so of my favorite things in BM and MM. I'm not happy with all of the changes, but I'm still effective. Killed big stuff on timeless isle fairly well Won some BGs. Killed some people. Got killed by some people. Miss my CC......don't miss everyone else's CC. Lol I have to pay attention to mine and my pets health more closely and really be aware of my surroundings, because mistakes do take a much larger toll. I am definitely much more squishy, so I have to be careful and plan and think about what I am doing. It's very engaging. I love the new storage space in my bank! Things stack higher The reagent tab The toy box The quest log and map are much more user friendly and the map fades so I can move and still have it open The mount tab shows what I don't have and where to start looking for it I was able to upgrade all my gear without restrictions, using the lesser charms I can have up to 20 warforged seals, so I don't have to pick and choose what to use my bonus rolls for. I'm enjoying the graphics updates and the new models, although I forsee several trips to the barber shop to touch things up. I know that some things are broken and need to be addressed. There are definitely some things I would like to have back and I miss the big DPS numbers, especially since I only recently hit the top of the charts. As long as I can survive and get things done and pull my weight in group content, I'm willing to enjoy what I do like and adapt to the many changes. I'm looking forward to see what happens. PS. I understand people are upset for many reasons and I am not discounting that. I'm just saying, that there is a lot to like and change can be scary and painful and still end up being good.Chetarindre1 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 bgs giving no honor? Please fix this crap... how is anyone supposed to gear up pan alt getting 100 honor per win?Zippz0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Thank U for the Face Change! cause when the new face change came into place, I found all my toons looking like they all been in PC Hell!! (or at NY Coimc Con show!) so now I had to rechange all there faces so that I can look at them, I mean, what I'm looking at right now is just a real nightmare to look at, all there new Faces were just super bad. thank goodness U did not do any stupid makeover to my lovely Blood elves!Dawnsnow2 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 I queued for a raid as DPS I hit accept, and it puts me in as tank, I then get flamed for trying to get past long queues.....Now I'm locked out for 30mins what is thisDogofdecay10 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Tabard of the Lightbringer Effect 6.0.2 Hello, I'm here to voice my and many other players discontent over the recent change Blizzard made to the Tabard of the Lightbringer. The light effect on the Tabard pre-patch 6.0.2 was significantly bigger and it has always been that way since it was first released. Was this a deliberate change or simply a glitch, and if it was an intentional change what was the reason behind it? I, amongst many others would love to receive a reply from a Blue poster concerning this purposeless change. Take a look at how the effect used to look like and how it looks like now. Please take a few seconds out of your day to vote on how you feel about the recent change: Old Tabard effect: http://i.imgur.com/E1HISsx.jpg New Tabard effect: http://imgur.com/a/e6njl Please vote here: http://strawpoll.me/2793290Fluffy6 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 hardcore or easymode Why cant blizzard find some middle ground? Some challenge is nice getting roflstomped is not.Coldrak7 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 PvP is Fantastic right now Epic, chaotic, huge fights. Last night, first BG after the patch for me, we got into a 40 minute field of strife fight in AV. It felt damned good. Every BG since then has been the same: epic battles where skill tells.Chuckbobuck4 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Keep the Passion WoW players/Blizzard Devs! I think it says a lot about how great this game really is that even after 10 years that people can be so passionate one way or the other. I know every jokes about the loss in subscriptions but honestly if you still come to the forms every day to voice your opinion it means you truly care about the game, its design choices, and everything in between. Blizzard has done a great job these past 10 years providing everyone with such amazing entertainment. I will say that Blizzard please remember this game was your baby. You made it and its your art form to express yourselves through game design. Don't forget this. In retail the customer isn't always right and sometimes you need to discipline your children to help them realize where they are wrong. You guys are the game designers and you do know best most of the time. But everyone messes up and sometimes you've gotta admit you messed up and fix the issue. But like I said that isn't always the case. So just keep enjoying making great games. Design the way you think is best and just be willing to admit mistakes. WoW is great and you are doing a wonderful job. Don't give up on trying to be innovative and bring new exciting features to the game. Overall people do love what your doing regardless of what the vocal minority says. I just want to see you guys in certain situations not be afraid to stick to your guns. You've been making design choices for this game for over a decade and 7.4 million people are still around to enjoy it. So you've gotta be doing something right. Have confidence, have fun, and do great things!Razorarrow0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 I'm on a PvP server.... but PvP is "disabled" by default???? I have to "Enable PvP" on every log-in. Brilliant.Gruubbard1 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Dungeon difficulty now too easy! seriously, in early bc dungeons, players have more health than elites, and there is no challenge at all. does it have too be all or nothing or can things be put in a spot in the middle? honestly, i was enjoying the hard low level dungeons (although, they were way too hard for new players). i was kind of hoping that they would have set the difficulty to challenging and fair, not face roll boredom mode. please blizzard, add back some of the beef to your dungeons so people actually have to learn to play before hitting max level.Lorinia29 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 portrait icon I know theres a few addon but I think portrait icons needs some love. They looks realy awful with new models. Human females, especially, all looks the same since 6.0. That said, it would be cool to have an INGAME new and animated portrait so we still can see facials expressions, otherwise they're kind of uselessColdylia3 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Overall - The Patch Is Actually Pretty Good The only thing that angered me at first was BGs not working until Thursday. Now I'm left with the Thursday/Friday LFR crew (no offense...) The Stat Squish I actually enjoy seeing numbers that don't differentiate too far from each other. While my DPS may be 6k, a full heroic geared player can probably do 10-15k. Old raid bosses drop like flies which is rather nice. Sure there are some bugs, such as the Spine of Deathwing or other things that may have gotten overlooked but overall I'm pretty happy with it. PvP So.. so.. SO much better. The PvP in Mists of Pandaria was a freaking nightmare. Then, I see a mass of people complaining that the game is "harder" or healing is "impossible" again. I don't understand how...? Mana is nearly limitless now and I think people just aren't used to having to constantly upkeep rather than click an aoe heal and forget about it. Let the downvotes commence... All I ask is that Blizzard please don't base game design decisions off of the minority of people here complaining that the game is "too hard". Everyone in my guild loves this patch and everyone in the game I've met thus far loves the patch (minus the bugs and BGs not working for two days).Khovo1 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Varian looks like goku On the new Eartern kingdoms loading screen. He looks like he is about to transform into Super sayin.Ãnimosity6 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Garrosh still drop heirloom in 6.0.2? does garrosh still drop the first gauranteed heirloom in the patch 6.0.2?Thelivepixel0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 See... We all got beta invites after all!Dyro0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Squish stat more please? At this point we are gonna be back to 100k dps at end of WoD or begining of new expansion! And at end of next xpansion if we are doing 300k - million dps again then what is the point? we will need another squish again. Squish stats to where they were in TBCÃnimosity6 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Rollercoaster Ride So, I was just getting used to really having to fight creatively and intelligetly in order to level my 20 Monk and I get up today to being back to the ole "round up 4 or 5 mobs and kick their a**. " OK, just let me know Bliz when things are where they're supposed to be.Emeraldtoo0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Hottest new forum avatar I've been browsing the forums and checking out peoples new models and not to sound big headed but I do believe I am the hottest one around... We have angry female gnomes, derpy tauren, cartwheeling female humans... I look fabulous, i think we will see a rise in the number of female trolls.Scarla2 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 LFR Size Has anyone seen LFR 'flex' yet? I have been stuck in long queues and it still forces 25 player groups - thought it would flex between 10 and 30 to make the queues shorter?Radaster2 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 A Change of Pace I've been hearing about a lot of posts where players are being...well downright rude and overly demanding about things happening in the game. So I thought we could maybe talk about something other than people rage-quitting or angrily demanding bug fixes. First a quick note to those who think Blizzard has gone and destroyed the game: The game is always changing, sometimes good, sometimes bad, and I will be the first to admit that there have been times where the things that changed irked me, quite a lot in fact. One thing I've always kept in mind though is that even though I'm given the privilege of posting my opinions on the forums they are just that, opinions. I also understand that, like every other game on the planet, it really is up to the company who made the game to make decisions about what the game has in it and how it's played, not me. I can whine and cry all I want, but ultimately, if Blizzard is going to keep something a certain way there's nothing I or anyone else can do to stop them. So I might as well just play the things I like to play, wait patiently for the bugs to be fixed, and enjoy it while it's here. Onward to my opinion! :D I can honestly say I love the new changes. From what I've seen, the play style for the great majority of the classes I play are unchanged, and the abilities make sense and take up far less space on my action bars which makes it less insane for me to manage the abilities I need for combat. I haven't gotten a chance to play around with my shaman yet, but the notes I've read about healing make me think it's going to be fun to play again. I'm a huge fan of the UI changes for this expansion. The menus are easier to look through, I now have access to my addons from the game menu instead of having to log out to enable/disable them (I really geeked out about that one), and how they have the "collections" tabs set up really helps this pet/mount/toy junky to get his fix. The new quest log was a bit daunting at first, but I find I like how it works better than the old one. Something I really thought was cool was how dungeons have objectives to help kind of guide players in the dungeon. Makes it easy to figure out what you might be missing as well as help players new to the dungeon find their way through. As far as instances go, I haven't gotten to mess with those yet because I know some bugs are still making things difficult, but I will definitely come back and let you know what I think about them once I've run some. However, I have been able to run through the new UBRS and I have to say that it's pretty fun. It's a lot like the old version but modified for the new content in a way that makes it interesting. In closing, it's easy to complain in the beginning of an expansion because, yes, things are different, and yes, there are bugs to be dealt with. Be patient and the bugs will be fixed, and if you still can't find anything in the game you still enjoy then maybe it's time to find something new.Lohao0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 gnome singer from gnomageden hi im selling singing 1000g an hour im famous for these songs dont brake my gmome my aky braky gnome im steering at the gnome in the mirror oups i did it again i played with your gnome they tried to make me go to under city i said no no no what makes you gnomeaful and much more my dream is to be a singer in mage quarter storm windMouceò1 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 To address your concerns, forum readers. Tyrntoo6 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Item went from mythic to normal I won a belt last night in my mythic raid and upgraded it once so that it would be better than my 4/4 crafted belt. Logged in this morning to find it had gone from 670 to 544. A few other guildies have had this issue too, has this issue been identified yet?Zavella0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Grand Expidition Yak So with the removal of reforging in WoD owners of this mount will basically have a very expensive repair mount. ...unless something is planned for that 2nd vendor to do. Now first off let me say that I know things in wow change, and just because I paid 100,000ish gold for the mount doesn't mean that it can't be modified in the future. My intention is not to QQ and demand something be done with this mount. That being said, I find it hard to believe that the mount will simply have 1 vendor and a sign in the other seat that says "gone fishin'" So first of all, has anyone heard of any plans for this mount? And if not, what do you all think will end up happening in the spot where the reforge vendor currently sits? I know I would be happy with a transmog guy there so I could quickly update my armor's look. I don't think that would be too over the top. What do you think WILL happen (and maybe what you'd like to see)?Sinatra207 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Dire Maul. LvL 40 dungeon due to the stat squish the bosses and mobs can one shot me ( lvl 41 brewmaster monk full boa gear) the only way i can survive is if i pop all of my CD's. it is extremely difficult lol got rekt like 3 times on the boss with the bear but finally was able to kill her i still died tho :(Glebus0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Annoying ring from group finder mid fight The new group finder is amazing, but it's so annoying mid fight with it's nonstop ringing of people joining. Is there a way to make it stop making an audible ring? I know I could leave the queue but if I'm assist I can't do that.Ahriak0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 WoD 90 Green ilvl? Just curious from the PTR what the ilvl is of the questing gear for the starter zones for WoD. Previous expansions it does a lot to boost new players and alts, but raiding gear usually lasts quite a ways into the expansion. But with 550 blues dropping in UBRS, I'm guessing within a few levels we'll be upgrading anything that isn't the legendary cape or heroic SoO?Vanmagnus5 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Hardmode Leveling VS Normal Leveling? With the recent disputes over how the item squish has affected low level content, I figured this would be a good idea. What if you could toggle hardmode leveling from the options menu? Basically what it would do is make leveling more difficult for players who want the challenge and would provide a slightly higher gold drop from mobs and quests, and give you an achievement for hitting max. If you wanted to keep the leveling the same as it was, no problem. All Blizzard would have to do is put a buff on you that made mobs hit harder and takes less damage from you, and maybe tweak CRZ a little so you're with people with the same buff. For dungeons, just add heroic versions of low level dungeons (nothing new, just tweak numbers) but only allow people who have cleared the dungeon before or have a toon at max level be able to queue for it. I personally think this would be a fun idea that would take rellatively less work for Blizzard to add in.Aetherspirit0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Invisibility...intended or not? Ok most mages already know Invisibility (un-talented version) is bugged. However with Improved Invisibility, I'm getting knocked out of invisibility by catching a POM, any healing buff, or buffs in general. Is this intended?Bláckmage0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 boomy spells so the spell starfall pulls all mob in a huge area and i think that i should only hit mobs that have been pulledDjaxe2 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Why MORE trade bags in WoD? I had read a topic earlier in which the persons concerns were on the bag clean up, but think the real question should be why add more trade specific bags? The new changes to banking and bags has made the need for profession bags very redundant and a waste of space along bag section the action bar. You can simply go to the bank and press the 'deposit reagents' button and all are magically removed from your bags, no hunting required. Why lose 36 (or more?) slots to 1 stack of material you are gathering? Why did they not unlock the profession bags for general use? They did this when they removed Soul Shards from warlocks. There is no use to buy anything other than a general purpose bag now. Will you be wasting gold on a profession specific bag ever again?Saq9 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Level 90 UBRS Questions Are dungeons personal loot now? Because I never saw a loot roll window pop up during the run, but I saw other people get stuff. Also, are there no associated achievements for the level 90 version?Breakbeat13 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Are hunters really that bad now? Got complaints on my hunter who is 562 item level about my DPS being so low. Not real sure why it was so low, using the same rotation (-spells that were removed) that I used before. I play SV and know the CD reduction trinket is broken for that spec. Kind of disappointed about how bad he has become, I spent most of my time playing him when I came back, even if he is one of my newer characters. I want to know if it's just my hunter or if there are others that are seeing very low DPS compared to other classes right now, and if it is hunters in general..is there hope for us? Should I just go back to some other class for WoD? I don't want this to sound like complaining or anything, just curious if it is just me or if it is everyone.Primepriest34 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Bring back "Other Raids" queue I like the new "Premade Groups" feature, but it's very frustrating that it completely replaced the "Other Raids" queue. As a group leader I have to wait for someone to sign up and can't look at a pool of players to choose from like I used to. And as non-leader, dps, I'm kind of screwed since groups fill up dps so fast. At least if I could list my name, a group leader could have a chance to find me if someone leaves and I could go about my business, now I have to continually search the premade groups and hope a new one forms. I have tried creating my own group, but that took forever because of no tanks and healz. Simply put, bring back the raid queue ... That would be swell.Culin0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Eastern Kingdoms loading screen realization Looking at the new loading screen made me realize most of the racial leaders in the EK are Warriors. In fact, I think Sylvanas might be the only non-Warrior, although I'm not 100% sure about Mekkatorque. At least they are in a good place for the expansion.Tyreas3 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Paladin you devil you. Anyone else log on to their retired paladin after doing a few arenas and bg's? I've seen Ret paladins take on two people and heal back to full health multiple times. I don't know if this is going to be hot fixed but I've logged on to my level 85 paladin and will get him to 90 before the expansion so I can enjoy this flavor of the patch.Dragonrise0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 These new models I don't know about you guys, but these new models are honestly horrific and I don't know a single person who plays with them. Seriously, what were you thinking? Who thought they were ok?Roswell61 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 World Server has been down for hours. The Wrath land has been down all morning. I can log in anywhere else but wrath land where my level 76 alt is questing. Is there any plans to fix thisWowzeers0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 level 13 mage getting 1 shot by level 8 mob as the title suggests i am getting 1 shot by mobs 5 lvls lower than me >< this cannot be right if it is blizz is trying to get us all to buy 90'sGulthegreat3 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Reward for MoP, or punishment for returners? Blizzard stated they wanted to reward people who stayed with MoP and not let anyone else get the legendary cloaks. Rewarding people is fine, but to completely remove the questline? It seems like a business trick to keep people subscribed. We can no longer take any breaks from the game if we want to experience everything. Whether the developers just wanted to reward people, or they were pushed by suits to do this... How about just making it much harder to get? Double the quest loot required. Or just allow original people to transmog it.Pitthog14 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Leveling dungeons need heroic mode! The dungeons are hitting like wet noodles again and that is awful! If it must be that way please give us an option to level up through dungeons that don't feel like frolicking through hello kitty island adventure.Helhani22 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Where to start Gearing my boosted 90 I ran Last Stand of the Zandalari and got nothing, so I'm confused on where I need to go to gearDogofdecay5 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Cooking Fire is now a ground target ability? Really? O.O Talk about one of the dumbest changes ever made. Why in the world was any dev time spent to change something like this and so many other things that should have and could have been fixed during beta and PTR went undone? smhMystraele5 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 If Stormwind was Kings Landing.... What would all the other major cities be?Belroz2 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Npc balance too far off? Ok I have a serious problem with this patch... After 7 maxed chars, about a dozen more at various levels...this patch is seriously out of whack. I was running a 44 level mage in the swamps (Mudsprocket) My 'frost' mage can't kill npc's 8-9 levels "lower" than I am from getting to me and that's with a water ele to help me. I literally have to eat and heal after each fight or two... So I created a 'feral' Druid from scratch figuring that perhaps a brand new char would be better adjusted in the new patched game... Not yet to Moonglade, my L15 druid is now dying with 1-2 hits of magic (cat form) Can't heal in cat form and healing now is a joke where before I could heal to max, now takes 3-4 heals...of course by them you're dead. So I tried hitting my last quest Ri-tiki (or something like that) in bear form and in cat several times...now after being killed with a shot or two of magic which the npc seems to have plenty of mana left while my 'animals' run out of rage and energy after a few hits...I'm screwed. Good God this npc is a level under me! Not an elite...and I should mention that while attacking magic users, (needed to kill 6) I died 3 times after being hit just once by magic (2 more being struck twice...while waiting for energy to build up) I'm retired, I play many hours a day and solo only... I can only imagine how the people that have played for years feel to have their chars trashed. On the other hand Jesus... What a great job on the new maps, quest "ready to turn in", the green check marks, better mini-map locaters, new char graphics...too many to mention and probably haven't found them all... Good job on that Devs... That being said, my subscription expires in 5 days...and I'll be leaving for a few months to let you all struggle with this fiasco. Hopefully in a few months someone will get their act together and fix the numbers (or better yet roll back to before this horrid patch) Lol, ok come on all you forum trolls...blast away! ;-)Rldeathmage0 Oct 16, 2014
Oct 16, 2014 Unannounced Charlie TEST Period Blizzard failed to mention 6.0.2 would usher in the Charlie test period to follow the Beta period. This is something they're pioneering where they subject the entire community to testing before the actual launch of an expansion AND they still collect the monthly fee for it. Enjoy b/c it's "working as intended" and fixes are coming "soon".Jinkz0 Oct 16, 2014