General Discussion

Dec 27, 2014 Bluebird When I was getting my pressies yesterday there was a human female near the tree and her portrait looked strange. At closer inspection she had a fat bluebird on her head! I nearly died! Before I could whisper her about it she hearthed out. Does anyone know about this? Is it a charm or some sort of cosmetic headpiece?Cinamonbroom4 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Sub rogue pvp set bonus What the absolute !@#$ are these? The first set bonus is 3 combo points when you successfully kick. I mean I can live with that. I don't really need help with generating combo points but you know I'll take it. The second will be better right? Wrong. I get 910 versatility when I use feint. I'm sorry? 910 of a useless stat I don't want. Please blizz for the love of God change these horrid set bonuses.Starfall7 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Whatever Blizzard Why can I not que as dps in blood spec? I'm in unholy presence and am not going to pull aggro off of the tanks. I glyph my death grip to not taunt. I took taunt off my bar. I still do more damage than mostly everyone in there (last few times I have been top 5). So when I changed my offspec to blood and kept my main spec blood I can no longer que as dps? LameJuicymoose18 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Working followers should b able 2 do missions Workers that are assigned to a building, such as the forge or mines in your garrison, should be allowed to be sent on a mission but when they are sent, they are still assigned but "BRB" status from their respective building, and any buffs (such as from the forge) or bonuses (chance at more resources given for work orders) or other available things (such as the tents from the tannery) are not available to receive during the time they are away from the mission. But when the follower returns, they go straight back to their assigned building without needing to be told what to do again. I feel this is a great idea because right now there is no benefit from long-term assigning a follower to a building: I can assign Follower A to the forge, walk over there, pick up extra bonus resources for work orders and get the forge buff, then go back to my table and take that follower off the forge and send them on a mission. So essentially, I'm being forced to waste the time it takes to walk there and back. If the person had to be assigned for for a set amount of time before receiving any of the various bonuses, or my idea above it would make more sense, but right now its just a Player's-real-time-sink.Daddie2 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Anyone else think leveling is brutal now? Im finding leveling alts to be brutal they quietly nerfed the drop chance for the rares in nagrand to drop Elixir of ancient knowledge even with full heirlooms I think after you hit 70 it takes far too long to reach 100. I absolutely hate doing northrend and pandaria zones. There are just too many levels. I know blizzard doesnt mind or see it as an issue cus it will push most people to buy multiple 90 boosts. I feel like I get to northrend and I want to feel like im near the end and then I realize theres 20 more grueling levels.Moslin20 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Mighty RNG God please accept my confession I have killed Ko'ragh and Mar'gok in total of 10 times now, and I have not seen a single strength weapon dropping(yes you heard me, these two bosses never drop any for my group). I also used my bonus roll on every single kill(yes, 10 times), and the only thing I got so far is a necklace on my 7th Seal. As an unholy DK, most of my abilities heavily rely on weapon damage, so the current 645 weapon I am using becomes a hinderance to both my guild's progression on mythic and my enjoyment on raiding. I thought this is just bad luck and a bad-luck prevention system is needed for situation like this. I was playing random BG on my druid toon, out of the 9 golden boxes I got, 6 of them gave me gold, and the rest 3 all gave me wrist pieces. At this moment I realize that I must have done something horribly wrong which angers the RNG God. Oh Mighty RNG God, hear my plea! I am sincerely sorry for what I have done which angered you! Please forgive me and let me have my sweet sweet loot!Pingdk6 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Instance Servers troubles? Can't load into LFR. Others have complained about 5man dungeons as well.Living0 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Help! Item upgrade?? I used to be able to upgrade an item with Valor points at the Three winds and NOW???? With the new changes and being away I am lost to say the least lol Thanks!Shlardegar2 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Items that should be toys Name an item that you think should be toy in the game. I'll start off... Burgy Blackheart's Handsome HatNewfierogue5 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Why must we PvP for PvE gear? This isn't even a question of, "oh, if you get lucky or if you clear all the raids, you won't need to pvp". This is the fact that pvp guarantees ilvl 660 gear for the slot that you choose. Meanwhile PvE is a complete luckfest and a roughly 4% chance per boss to actually get what you want. So if it takes you 3 weeks to average out one piece of PvE gear, while you can get 2, 3 pieces of guaranteed PvP gear, why am I even doing PvE? It is without a doubt that unless my guild is feeding me drops, I will raise my ilvl faster doing pvp than I would playing pve. I thought blizzard was trying to remove this? I thought they made it so pvp requires no pve gear, that pve gear does nothing for pvp, which they did a good job of, handing out honor gear like candy making it extremely easy to gear up for pvp, as well as the ilvl scaling. So why isn't this the case for pve? My pve gear should scale up 30 ilvls too for pve, and do nothing in pvp. What happened to playing the game my way, for the content that I want to clear? Why am I forced to pvp if I want to get gear in a reasonable fashion? Hint: In previous xpacs this problem was aleviated by letting us use valor to buy the "holes" in our gear. This is clearly not the case anymore, so what gives? You will literally gear faster getting conquest cap each week than you would clearing heroic every week with an evenly distributed guild group.Seralin165 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Level 3 Stables Question I've got my stables up to a level 3. Supposedly my mount speed is to be 120%. However, when I am mounted the upper right hand corner of the screen say 100%. Do any of you with a level 3 stables have 120% in the aforementioned corner? If so, what did you do after upgrading to a level 3? Thanks in advance.Sharleena4 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Thanks for bringing back HGWT Finally got my favorite perk back! Got Dfender Illona to level 3 bodyguard, now she can summon people in my party at a stone, just like a warlock can. So why did you remove this perk in cata, only to bring it back in this way in WoDElae3 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 What to do with the disk code? My hard drive blew up so I had to reinstall everything. I tried the slow download of WOW from Blizzard but it would have been about 2 weeks nonstop because my ISP sucks: they claims 30m/3m, actual is probably 25k/5k I used to have dialup that was faster but no local ISP offers dialup service. Had them check it out, they are blaming my apartment for bad quality. I checked around, it seems the cable company is at fault for using cheap design connecting the whole area through one access rather than having each account having their own access so the whole complex has to share the same internet speed. Get 50 people using internet and while I can play with very low lag, I can't download anything big at all. Anyway to skip 2 weeks downloading and to avoid waking someone up at 2 AM, I went to local Walmart and grabbed a $50 retail copy of WOD so I could use the install disks and shave the download to just a few hours for recent updates. (I did check the other store that was going to have Black Friday deal but they were out of cheap WOD copies) That leaves me with one unused CD key. I did ask earlier and it seems the level 90 boost can only be used once per account and mine had boosted from when digital presale started some months ago.Aogara4 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 7 Game changing ideas Not really implying that these are the best ideas in the world. But for brain stormings sake I think good discussions or better ideas could be made through thinking of some of these ideas. Good or not, I think their unique, and the more expansive our minds are the better our imaginations will be for future ideas. Idea 1 Player/Pet Interactions: Allows the player to go on adventures with their non-combat pets in a more engaging way instead of just having it follow you. This is done by giving both Player and Pets these sets of abilities: Pet Abilities: -Hide: the pet tries to find a place to hide while the owner is in combat. Player Abilities: -Fetch: throws a yarn, a ball, a disc, or a bone for the non-combat pet to fetch. -Pat: Approach the pet and give it a pat. This ability will also work on hunter pets. 5 seconds cooldown. -Carry: Carries the pet in players arms or shoulders. Pet will jump to players shoulders if player runs. Will jump down if player engages in combat. Pet will not go to shoulder if player walks slowly instead. Idea 2 Sharable Player-made Books: You know what might be nice? Having little notes and books you can write on. Maybe you also drop them like a toy and have people read them and they'll stay there for a considerable amount of time. Maybe you're RPing and you want to write your ideas on books all over your garrisons where they will be there permanently until removed. You may also just be a guild officer and maybe you want to put a guild guidebook/rules and regulations copies in your guild bank for everyone to see. This would also be useful for people who wants to sell in game guides and strategies for professions and boss fights. It would also be useful for RPers for making their story and even sharing them, who knows they could have a server best seller. Idea 3 Aviary System: Theres been a lot of debate on weather flying mounts should be allowed in draenor, there has even been a lot of debate on weather to get rid of flying completely. But in the case that it is to be removed, I suggest that a refund should be made, and that personal flying should be salvaged to another form. In this version of flying, the sole purpose of flying is to allow players to explore and travel huge distances faster, not to skip every content in the ground. They should just put an Aviary section in every city and other centers where people can mount flying mounts but after dismounting that flying mount you have to go to another aviary to remount. Then after that send players 500/1000/2500 gold based on what level of flying they have attained. I personally don't see the problem with Blizzard sending people gold. It’s empathetic to the players lost since flying mounts would not be as valuable, so compensating the player’s sounds like a good business relation to me. A slight boost in gold is also good for the economy so it is a win-win scenario. Visually the aviary will be tall has lots of nest, cage, and roost for all flying mounts obtainable in game and should have a big hole in the roof to let players fly. Idea 4: A proffesion Revamped: My take on proffesions is that it requires to much effort for not as much reward, atleast not for a long time. So here is my idea: -Proffesion will have less leveling up to do. Only 50 skill up per expertise. -More fun items can be made like toys. For the sake of giving professions a little more fun but also having more variety in between skill up grinds. -More profession based cosmetics: such as hard hats, peacebloom dresses, fancy mining picks/arclight spanners/fishing poles. Ex: Miners hard hat: Comes in: Copper, Bronze, Iron, Steel, Mithril, Silver, Gold, Fel Iron, Saronite, Ghost Iron, and True Iron variation. crafted by engineers Mining Picks/Arc light Spanner/Fishing Poles: Same variation as above. crafted by blacksmiths Herbalist dress: Comes in: Peacebloom, Wildbloom, Khadgars Whiskers, Stranglethorn, Firebloom, etc. Crafted by Tailor. In addition to more toys and cosmetics a new system called Scheming is also to be introduced to help improve leveling up, and increase the feeling of the players personal craftsmanship. Scheming: Is spending resources and a crafted item to discover new ways of improving that item. This would allow the player to recycle some of the items they craft that no one is just buying in the auction house or items that they might just vendor anyways. After a certain amount of scheming the player can make the same item in a higher rarity or even item level. For example the player is scheming on his copper gloves formula. Scheming it 5 times will allow you to create it in uncommon. Scheming it 15 more times to create it in rare. You can scheme it for 30 more times to create it in epic. If you scheme it even 30 more times you can increase its iLevel by 15. Though making epic copper gloves for level 5's you can see how appealing this can be for later levels. This would allow a player to create items that more people would like to buy in the auction house. It will also allow players to have specialties in making specific items, making them a unique asset to the market. Idea 5 Update Overly used models: Update old armor models, weapons bear models, skeleton models, abominations, murlocs, trees, bushes, drakes, fences and put all the old models in the Darkmoon faire for anyone who misses them. We see these model alot from player 1 to 90, maybe even at 100. At some point they may want to use models like skeletons and bears since not all creatures in Azeroth has to be ultra weird, so I think maybe in a future expansion or content patch they may end up using these same assets anyways so why not have them look good. There will be the Darkmoon thrift shop to buy old weapons and armor. There will be the Darkmoon Menagerie, a large underground place where all of the old models hang out together. You may even see some alpha models in there. The place will be decorated with old school props. Idea 6 Advance Chat-text to emotes translations: Will allow players to have to ability to attach emotes to certain words they type. As the sentence reads emotes will play out in order as the sentence was written. To make this feature more attractive new animated emotes will also be added into the game such as crossing arms, sighing, tapping foot, rubbing chin, closing eyes, troll face, yao ming face, and face palm. This would also be useful for quest cut scenes where npc's are giving a speech Idea 7 Scaled Aesthetics: Don’t you ever wonder why a level 10 can make a powerful thunderstorm that looks as powerful as a level 100 would? Or maybe you’ve wondered why a level 1 fireball and a level 100 fireball are virtually the same but have drastic differences in damage. I was thinking of ideas that would encourage people to level up or maybe to even do more content by hunting achievements because they hate how weak their characters seem which makes them want to improve them by doing more things. My idea is to have visual and sound aesthetics unlocked through achievements. The four basic progression is the leveling achievements: Level 1: Novice Aesthetics Level 20 Achievement: Apprentice Aesthetics Level 50: Aspirant Aesthetics Level 80: Champion Aesthetics Other than having a scaled intensity of a spell aesthetics other effects are also included. Combat exhaustion: Frustration and confusion on characters faces and gasping for air during combat. Starts in level 1 at 60% health. Then goes down 50% at level 20 Then down to 30% at 80 Down to 15% by 100 Achievements that may lower Combat Exhaustion: -The conqueror title 20% -Mythic Achievements 20% Achievements will decrease exhaustion as long as content is relevant to character level. Will Power: The level of composure a character has in the face of challenges and opposition. Expressed in game by facial expressions and noises. For example: -Getting feared causes trembling noises -Panic when facing higher level monsters/players -Mind flay causes stuttering -Being burnt or frozen or siphoned causes some agony in facial expression. Leveling based achievement progression - Level 20 noise and other effects reduced by 30% - Level 30 reduced by 40% - Level 50 reduced by 50% - Level 60 reduced by 60% - Level 70 reduced by 75% - Level 80 reduced by 85% Achievements that may increase will power: -Gold Proving Grounds 10% -Challenge mode achievements 5% -Glory of the_______ Achievements(dungeon version) 5% -Glory of the Raider Achievements 15% -High RBG and Arena ratings 15% Achievements will increase will power as long as the content is still relevant to the characters level.Korgesh29 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 How can I LFR if I don't complete the PG? I have heard that there is a requirement to get a silver rating for PG in order to do heroics, then to do raids. I had been unable to complete PG for a while and I have came across this thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14277358398 and I went to see that some lvl 100s had not done the PG's and they are still able to do the raids in WoD and get high ilvls. Like these ones http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Tiakatt/advanced and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Tiakatt/achievement#15165:15222 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Kydo%C3%ACme/advanced and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Kydo%C3%ACme/achievement#15165:15222 How did these guys manage to do the raids when they even didn't achieve the bronze title for the PG's?Dirona65 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Mechanical Keyboard Hey all, so I recently received a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Elite keyboard and I am currently having some issues with it. A big reason is the right shift-key seems to be faulty and some letters repeat themselves. This is my first mechanical keyboard so maybe that's just a thing that happens? The letters repeating that is. Anyway, that complaint is for Razer directly. My main question is to get a recommendation on a mechanical keyboard. So far after 10 minutes of having this razer blackwidow ultimate plugged in, I am dissatisfied with the product. The typing is very smooth and I like the feel of it, but after reading multiple reviews online, everyone seems to have similar issues and they're 'known problems' to razer. This may not be the correct forum to put this in, but I rarely get any responses in the correct section. I figure more people look here. TL;DR I need a recommendation on a good, affordable, preferably around $100, mechanical keyboard.Mordios34 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Horde population which of the realms would be great? thxHellmon0 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Fix Call to Arms (Random Dungeons) When my initial queue as a healer offers the satchel of savage goods to me, why am I no longer eligible for the satchel when another player leaves mid-dungeon and we have to re-queue? The satchel isn't offered to healers very often, it comes and goes within seconds. I've seen it available to healers, but it disappears by the time I switch my gear and spec. I've also had several occasions where I'd queue while it's available, have a player decline the ready check to enter the dungeon, then upon re-entering the queue it's no longer available. There is no reason for me to do random heroics unless I want the 50 garrison resources or the satchel of savage goods. If I enter a random heroic and a player leaves mid-dungeon, I'm no longer sticking it out to the end for no reason. I have no control over the random people I'm grouped with, so having to rely on them not leaving in order to obtain the satchel is not fair at all. Please fix this.Verthril3 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Question about legacy raiding Hi guys, I'm trying to do the heroic versions of Bastion of Twilight and Firelands, I've already fully completed the normal version and have attained the achievement that says so. Yet when I switch to heroic and run through the portal, it shows the load screen for a second, then doesn't load me into the instance. Does anybody have a solution/what am I doing wrong?Froshy1 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Anduin vs. Wrathion vs. Thrall's kid. Make it happen next expansion. Have the timeline sped up so we can be in the future. Epic battles between these 3, and maybe have Jaina with an offspring or something.Kwah27 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Make boss unattackable for kicked players Please im tired of players ninja pulling after getting kicked. Its in LFR and LFD but not Normal and heroic.Swiftyhunter4 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 I feel Holy Paladins need a look at Anyone else agree ? Feel clunky, relying on procs, have to sometimes spam 10 flash of lights to keep up with damage. Not fun at all. etc. Numbers wise they are doing good on the meters They just feel weird. Anyone else ?Euro0 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Vicious War Ram So, I just got back from watching The Hobbit, Battle of the Five Armies and I noticed that when Thorin mounted the ram he charged up the hill with, it sure looked a lot like the Vicious War Ram. Anyone else noticed that?Gamon10 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Wallpaper im looking for this specific wallpaper with a male blood elf paladin with a blond or red hair "foxtail" hair due holding a shield in the bottom right corner and a axe or a mace in the other hand and hes in a fighting pose. its very colorful and it is the best way I can describe it. I been searching google and other sites for the better part of 4 hours trying to find this lol. was hoping some 1 can help me find this or know a link.Xando4 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Old World Follower Collection Idea So basically, I had a small idea I wanted to share on the forums. What if, there was a way to be able to go back into old content to collect followers? For example, What if we complete all the quest in the zone Icecrown Citadel, and we can obtain Crok Scourgebane as a follower at the end? Or say, we complete the Shadowfang keep dungeon on heroic, and we get Ivar Bloodfang for a follower? I think it would be a neat way to give a small incentive to go back and relive old content other than just mog or sheer boredoom.Drawnout1 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 27, 2014 Warrior Names :) I Was thinking about Warrior Names... Then I Thought about God and Goddesses So Here ya go http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/godsmyth/a/102110-War-Gods-And-Goddesses.htm Scroll down a Bit and there ya go!Reddfrost5 Dec 27, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Hidden Places in Draenor? So being an engineer and wanting to use my Goblin Glider from really high up i stumbled upon this place while using the Mechashredder in Gorgrond it looks like an NPC was looking for treasure long ago and died up here. No idea the significance and haven't been able to find anything about it on google I decided to post it here http://imgur.com/sEYVzC9,KWEe2Wm,k6ZNJ1f#1 this si what the spot looks like http://imgur.com/sEYVzC9,KWEe2Wm,k6ZNJ1f#0 here's a close up of the dead miner who apparently is looking for lost treasure http://imgur.com/sEYVzC9,KWEe2Wm,k6ZNJ1f#2 and here's the location coordinates and all what're your guys' thoughts?Ceroluthor5 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Next Expansion So I believe that Kil'jaeden should be the main guy in the next expansion. With another Draenor coming into play, this brings an alive and seem to be more dangerous Gul'dan into play now, he could have a plot where he escapes into Azeroth and brings back Kil'jaeden, which is now extremely pissed off at us for kicking his !@# earlier. While we are focused on Grom and the Iron horde, Gul'dan can easily bypass us since only Khadgar seems to be worried about him right now. With Kil'jaeden being more pissed off at us and Azeroth, this could bring a more powerful Burning Legion to Azeroth which then we call upon the aid of the Demon Hunters, the ones that were shun from everyone but never recognized their noble causes and sacrifices, to be a major player in the next expansion. This can related to bring Illidan back into the scene for a redemption story since he was only scared of Kil'jaeden but now that the defenders of Azeroth beat Kil'jaeden before and even beat Illidan, he could see us as new found hope and dealing with Kil'jaeden's return and aid us in the arts of Demon Hunting. There is a lot of food to play with if this was the next expansion, i would love to see this happen tell me what you guys can add or think.Azezal17 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 So what's the point of pandas now? From what I've heard their main reason for being on Draenor was to go after Garrosh. Now that he's been dealt with, where does their story go? Or are they just getting dumped into the Neglected Races bin as many people fear? It's crowded enough in here, we don't need those pandas taking up all the space!Whoopdedoo63 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Demon Hunters and Shadow Hunters: Speculation So with the likelihood of the Legion coming into play the further the expansion gets into content and story continues to increase. And with the sudden increase in Shadow Hunters working under Vol'jin within Draenor also getting a surprising amount amount of airtime in question hubs like Nagrand, I feel as though it's finally time to ask Blizzard the age old question. Demon Hunters when? Shadow Hunters when? I can imagine both classes having similar abilities numerically while having different aesthetics. Why not release both? One for Alliance, one for Horde.Copperblast8 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Work order NPCs are irresponsive! I can't remember the last time I could successful click on one of them and have them react to me without FIRST clicking on a vendor. I know for sure I'm not the only one suffering from this; my fellow friends have met with the same issues.Zyenn16 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 What are PVP servers like? I'm going to boost a Draenei Paladin on Sargeras, but it's pvp. My friends want me to play with them, but I've only experienced pve. Can someone tell me what happens on pvp servers?Yanden11 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Suggestion of group finder tool I believe that many player in wow had experienced of being ninja. no matter how many people help the victim to reported the ninja, the ninja will mostly got away with it by missing evident or take a long time to investigate but only ban the ninja's account, nor giving gear back to victims. The point of this article is to introduce the rating system for group finder tool idea which allow player thumb up or down to the raid leader in order to prevent the spread of ninjaish and help blizzard gather evident and player data etc. Player can see the credit of the raid leader in group detail. after 50 thumb up the raid leader will get a random gift to encourage him continue being good; on the other side, if the raid leader got unlike by the whole group his character will lock until investigation process finished. add: Not everyone has access to vote the raid leader, only for those who had joined the group and attempted fight.Carzymonk2 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 The Warlock's Secret Rulebook 1. When your tank sucks, "accidentally" soulstone your pet. 2. Always blame the hunter's pet, then your own. 3. Everyone is afraid of fear. 4. Always break a Mage's CC. 5. Don't set a Demonic Gateway near a boss if you have Glyph of Gateway Attunement.Jôe2 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 What I think went wrong with WoD: You turned it into Timeless Isle. How do I explain this? Timeless Isle, to me, was a cupcake. It wasn't a giant cupcake. It was an optional cupcake. It gave me the option to quickly gear up leveled alts to start doing LFR and then raids. It had a purpose. The little treasures we found helped in that endeavor. Timeless coins could be saved to get half decent weapons. There were nice little knick-knacks around the Island to buff you and make you comparable to the creatures. Cupcakes aren't large, they're meant to be small, tasty, and delicious for as long as you're eating them. Timeless Isle wasn't endgame content or anything like that. It was a little cupcake that was an appetizer for a main course. Now... you've tried to turn WoD into Timeless Isle. Good in theory, but after trying to choke down a giant cupcake the size of your head (that isn't optional) and that IS the endgame content. You're going to get sick of it. I am forced to partake of this cupcake if I want to do anything. There is no catch-up cupcake to make this cupcake any sweeter. It's - "You will eat this cupcake because we said to. And we know what's a good cupcake." Here's my final answer: You can have the best cupcake in the world, but after eating it for a week straight, you're going to get sick of it.Gadget29 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 How can blood elves be warriors? They will get torn in half because they are so paper thin! How can they deal damage with those skinny arms!?Crawlmaul17 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Sanguinary vein I understand how it works and sort of "activates" when you rupture or hemo (with glyph) but does it visually show up on the screen where your buffs are? because I never see it and it makes me wonder if its actually working or not.Jinzö8 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Draenor - too easy And I’m not even level 100 yet. :P (Posting from my alt account, don’t have my authenticator on me to log in on my main right now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Wildstrike/ ) Spent yesterday as a level 98 hunter farming mats for my guild in both Pandaria (timeless isle) and Draenor (nagrand). Level 98, fresh out of the Spires, wearing nothing but the standard gear I got from questing there - not even rare drops because the rares keep dropping stuff I can’t use. It strikes me as really WRONG that a level 98 can kill three level 100 NPCs in nagrand, solo, with the same effort it takes to solo a level 91 elite on timeless. (Believe me, I am NOT calling for a nerf on timeless. I’m saying the difficulty in Draenor needs to be dialed UP.) I remember being a fresh level 90 in MoP (pre-boosting and pre-timeless). Freshly capped, in standard quest reward gear, the Tiller dailies up on the sky range could be deadly and those were regular mobs AT LEVEL. Now, in WoD, I’m taking down cap level mobs at two levels below cap? This is ridiculous. I’m seeing people saying the challenges to get into the raids are hard or “too hard” - well, maybe people wouldn’t be feeling that way if the road to 100 wasn’t so stupidly dumbed down spoon-fed easy. :P (And that’s just one more nail in the coffin of Draenor-the-Boring, imo - don’t get me started on crafting and how I’ve had a barn and tailoring shop going non-stop since launch and STILL can’t make my first good piece because of the slow grind on workorders and mats.) Pretty expansion, but it really really feels like being spoon-fed on easy mode, which is mind numbingly boring imo. Hope they really do mean to replace it in a year, because this barely has enough staying power to last a few months right now. EDIT - how about, instead of telling me I'm an idiot or to "wait until 100", does anybody have any recs for things to do BEFORE 100 that might be less training wheel boring? Because I would seriously love to go do them, even if it involves multiple wipes.Illyána56 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Making gold in 6.0.4? (Economy?!) Between the profession system and garrison profession buildings, will this ruin gold farming? Do people buy old world mats? the only thing I can think of is there may not be enough people farming Draenor mats while they are still leveling. But what about down the line?Shalzgore26 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Kargath Bladefist in Highmaul Arena (why?) In the Lords of War clip, Kargath Bladefist was filled with nothing but hatred for the Ogres, and in his effort to escape, severed his own hand. It was pretty brutal stuff, but you got the feeling he was a rage machine who'd stop at nothing to slaughter Ogres. In Highmaul he drops in to essentially give the Ogres some entertainment (can't find the quote, but it's something like "I thought you should have a good fight to watch"). He even chats to the high imperator Ogre with what seems to be a fairly grim humour. I can't reconcile the two characters. The one from the Lords of War clip would more likely have sided with the players to kill Ogres than go back into the arena to fight for the enjoyment of his hated foes. Where did his blast furnace rage go? Was there some event on the Horde side that makes sense of this, or is it just that an excuse was needed to get him into the arena of Highmaul and this was good enough?Jandarus7 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 crit and multistrike Let's nerf crit in PvP because it's too rng. Who cares about the classes whose best stat is crit. Ok, now lets add another RNG-based stat. We'll name it multistrike! We're really good at balancing this game!Fedas10 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Happy Holidays to Blizzard! Made this to see how many people want to wish a company we love and enjoy so much A happy Holidays. They do so many things for us in the game I just felt like maybe they should hear.Bathrix0 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Losing interest... Let me start by saying that this isn't a quitting thread nor a rage thread, I have however, been thinking about why the game has lost some of its allure and doesn't captivate me enough to log in every night to play. After consideration, it’s the complete lack of character improvement (beyond ilvl) and over simplification of playstyle (removal of ability bloat) that has caused a significant lack of interest. I actually enjoyed analyzing my character and min / maxing the gear and figuring out the optimal shot priority based on haste under 2x Steady Shot, deciding to dump focus via Aimed Shot or Arcane shot and interrupting the priority when Aimed Shot proc’d an instant cast. Talent Trees Beginning with the implementation of the new talent trees in MoP, it took away the point system that allowed you to take abilities from other talent trees and gave you, at certain levels, 3 abilities to choose from. While understanding that there’s always been a, “cookie cutter” build, instead of looking at ways that it could impact playstyle and not necessarily damage output, the talent system was simplified to give us the three choice which still ends up with a, “cookie cutter” implementation. Button Bloat In many cases, the number of abilities were extreme, but it added a dimension that allowed us to determine how we would approach a situation, to I pop rapid fire now, or wait till readiness comes off CD…is the mob going to live long enough to dump focus with aimed shot, or dump with arcane. With the trimming of abilities, I often find myself in situations where I can do absolutely nothing, not due to lack of focus, but because I’m waiting on CD’s or the cast time exceeds the amount of time the mob will live. Reforging The sighs of relief were audible at the announcement that reforging was being removed. Ah, but it really wasn't, it was moved, from a gold based instant system, to a crafting stat reroll that cost daily CD crafting resources. We still have reforging, it’s just not as convenient and based on how the RNG gods feel that day. Professions I don’t think I really need to beat a dead horse on this one; they’ve really been made more irrelevant that they already were. Conclusion The game used to take an understanding of your characters role, how stats impacted the damage or healing, optimal and situational awareness of when and how to weave your abilities together combined with the talents that were chosen and the reason those talents were chosen. This is no longer the case, well, at least to the degree it was. TL;DR: The game has become too one dimensional and lost some of the challenge it once had. The elements that existed and were used to optimize your characters contribution to a group have been removed or minimized. It’s become more of a Mario platformer, mixed with Sims, than the MMO it was. Agree or disagree, just one person’s opinion.Zeekarai0 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 What are you doing this day after christmas? I'm just trying to finish up quests on my huntard that just hit 100 a few days ago. Getting his garrison up to par.Dyrone33 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 with BattleTag I could hide my name on RealID is there a while to hide my real name on real id?Faults10 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Amory poses Is there a reason you can no longer change what kind of pose your character has for your armory page? I realize this isn't something huge, but it would be nice to pick what people see when they look your character up...Drougen5 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Keep losing connection on only one character Every time I log on one of my characters, it makes me lose connection as soon as I move. I can sit there and read general chat and everything but as soon as I move, I freeze and then lose connection. It's only one character though, my other characters I can log on just fine. Does anyone know what the issue is?Dremo1 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 dwarf updated animations.. hair sup with the weird animation on attack for the dwarf #5 hairstyle.. the ponytail looks like it's trying to do a comover.. old animation is fine.. .. and there's the whole running/skipping like a retard but that's been already beaten to death..Fazza3 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 Best tunneling service?... allowed? So i have been playing wow for so long but never experienced it with a decent ping, i always plays it like 180ms+ best i had was 140ms ... so i wondering if i can get a tunneling service and maybe cut this delay in half... So im looking for reliable and good tunneling services out there if you know and use any please let me know! Also is there a problem using tunneling services? Do i hurt wow terms in any aspect? Thank you very much! all the best!Kromax2 Dec 26, 2014
Dec 26, 2014 It's almost 2015, ten years after WoW 1.0 Why is Vanish still completely useless in anything but PvP? Also, is it impossibru to come up with aggro mechanics that can't possibly result in being stuck in combat until you hearth, or use a night elf racial vanish? This, of course, couldn't wait until after xmas day. Happy Xmas, people!Piñata14 Dec 26, 2014