General Discussion

Dec 3, 2014 Did I read this right? Maintenance today. Can't log in. So, there will be maintenance tomorrow as well? Oh boy!Askanisan0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Just wondering... Has it been like this since 11 when the servers came back? I just tried logging in and can't and just wondering how long it's been going on...Nessitha1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Hey Blizzard.. Have you tried turning it off and on again?Sylar0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 14 hours and counting, can't play Shouldn't we be compensated for this?Imperus11 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Please, get it together over there. Botched launch, check. Botched first major event, opening of Raids. Check. Botched 6.1 ? Can I just go ahead and preemptively check that one off? At what point are you guys going to get it together? No disrespect intended here, I'm seriously concerned for your ability to push content right now. You guys have almost literally been falling down the stairs since launch. I don't know what's going on over there, and I'll probably never know, but for the love of this game, get it together. Skramp0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Blizz get it together! Who else cant log into any of their toons and gets stuck on 90% screen of deathEcp6 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 TO everyone complaining put it this way people should be use to this by now this is nothing new to us wow players lets face it new pvp season world bosses and raid hit tonight meaning bye bye tuesday playtime sorry might as well log off and try again tommarrow becasue at this rate nothing is going to happen nor is demanding them to fix it or saying class action lawsuit do you guys even read the terms of service if u you failed gamer 101 so just sit back and chill that is all we can doKeja0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Time to revisit... Someplace a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...Nemshakke0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 stuck at 90% got dc'd been trying to log on nearing a hour. reloaded game etc nothing works. guild raid in less then 10 minutes ugh. anyone else stuck here?Dharthodius64 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Arena Ratings should be reset!!! This is insane and completely unfair!! 90% of the pvp community cant even log in but the few that are able to log in are already 2200+ while everyone else is just sitting on a bluew screen!! reset arena ratings blizzard!!!Natixsphere0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 This post isn't funny ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I told you soRâphy0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 This game blows This game has just become my least favorite game to play with the Fn BS with not being able to log into the game and me logging in and my server not showing up a 5 year old can run a server better than you canNubbzlock40 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 are you freakin' kidding? you've worked on this thing for over 12 hours, and now we can't even log in?Karrick5 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Skyrim I was gonna play wow, but I took an arrow to the kneeNecrolitic28 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Garrison hearth 20mins?? ummm why? why is this a thing honestly so many other things to fixed but no lets nerf the hearth .Slutlety0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Social Interaction Dead?? I recently started playing WOW after being away for almost 6 years. Am I wrong or has the whole social interaction part of WOW been killed by the streamlining of the game? You no longer have to get to know certain classes to raid with or PVP with. You have the dungeon finder that just automatically sets you up. This is a nice feature but it seems to be killing the social aspect of the game. I don’t yet have WOD but I’ve been using the dungeon finder to hit some of the MOP dungeons. Most of the runs no one even speaks to one another at all. There is really no reason for them to even do so. Also these dungeons seem wayyyyyyyyyy easier than they used to be. I get paired up with some people that will literally stand in bosses area effects without even caring. Also I have not had to eat or drink to regen my mana since I started playing a few weeks ago. This saves huge amounts of time grinding but it almost makes me feel too godlike when questing. The entire game seems to be totally dumbed down. I know that it sounds like I’m bashing the game but I am having fun playing it so far but I don’t know for how long.Murdah2 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 How to fix loading screen... Try to copy the EXE monitor, maybe it will parse the multi-byte interface. If that doesn't work then it means that the FTP protocol is down and you will need to quantify the haptic application so you can transmit your ADP bandwidth to blizz. GLTA!!!Cinnamonn0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 22 If you are 22 this is for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFeZr5ptV8 *I'm 22*Repose1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Is anyone working on this? Or did they all go home? No progress reports? Fix it already damn it.Slyhuntr14 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Guys seriously you all need to calm down Like really I have not seen a more toxic group of people when mistakes happen. Celestalon has already stated there is an issue causing one of the world bosses to spawn too many adds and it causes server crashes. I am sure they are working hard right now to resolve this issue. Like really, do you expect the servers to be able to handle a very large amount of players -- upwards of 6-10 million -- all logging in to raid and concentrate on two areas (the two world bosses) while still running perfectly fine. Think of it like a waiting line on black friday, you aren't going to complain and say you are going to sue the store because you had to wait in line behind all the other people that are doing the same thing as you are you? TL;DR Calm down, mistakes happen and they are fixing it. Everybody is not helping by causing the bug to happen more intensely and trying to login while they get servers stabilized. May I suggest playing another game for the time being?Crypticcross1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 True or False ? http://map.ipviking.com/ Live attack on North America ?Kaïnna3 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Tanking vs DPS for New MMO Player? OK guys, first off I know this is gonna probably cause a !@#$storm between DPS and tanks, but I need you to be as unbiased as possible. I am fairly new to MMO, and completely new to raiding, so I was wanting to know this. Is it easier for a new player to tank, or to DPS in a raid format. My brain tells me DPS, because all I need to do is blow up the right targets as efficiently as possible, but I kinda like tanking. So there we go, try not to flame each other and just give me honest feedback.Deathcaine0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 I can't log in It's almost 8pm where I live and the game refuses to log me in, the bar get's stuck at the end and doesn't budge. It's eternally stuck there. It's almost tomorrow and the servers are still down. I want my .50 cents back for an entire day I was not allowed to play. I don't care if it's only 50 cents, blizzard screwed up and took away an entire day of playing, I want my stolen money back.Happyheathen0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 ayy lmao planned to raid once today, and quit WoW. guess that plan's been foiled. well playedFuryofevil0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Habits I eat my dinner in my bathtubGearvault0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 all this hassle I demand..... A delicious cherry pie! I have what the healers call a "slight" weight problem.....Xiaoxhin0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 King's honor friend Off with youDrekkarn1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Evey char but the right char I can log into other chars on other servers but not my main server where I get stuck at 90%.Gigglës1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Hire the Hacks from yesterday! Obviously, no programmer at Blizz knows the code as well as the hilarious hacks/trolls from yesterday...suggestion: find them and hire them so we can Play! JC really....=/Theeraser0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 World Server is Down /Cry - this is what you get if you magically get to character log-in screen, pick a character (any character, any world server location) and waaaaaaait.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzMongho0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Honestly.... Literally as I start my garrison invasion, got two friends to come, I get d/ced and then the game wants to throw "That character already exists" at me. Are you serious?Cromthok13 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Red Bandana Standing By Roger?Grenvitch0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Looking for love.... </3 I just broke up with my girlfriend on Moonguard, she was a beautiful female dwarf paladin... We were in ironforge at the bar and I look over to see her stroking a male dwarf warriors beard. I have moved servers away from that !@#$ and I'm now on area 52 looking for love. I like female tauren paladins. Please bump to help me get through this horrible timeBrad0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 the real cost 15/month 13ish/month if you do more than 1 month payment option thats what 39 cents ish a day down for umm 14 hours? thats 58% so 58% of 39 is 23 cents, ish.. 23 cents times 9ish million subs gg at making 2 million dollars while technically you have a failing product for 14 hours nowDankripps1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 All you shush There are ten million people swarming the damn servers right now try to pew pew high maul. All you can chill out, you should have expected issues. Blizzard is literally one of the top gaming companies in the business with a sh*t ton of staff members, so obviously it's something that is hard to fix. Give em' a break, and feel free to quit just don't come here telling us you are because we frankly don't care hahahaha. In the meantime watch and reflect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2a0VaOQMNorthway0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 My best friend Leorajh I was a lonely rogue, a agent from the shadows, i worked alone... I didn't need any friends but i had two, my blades, and my happiness only came from fulfiling my missions and receiving the profits. But one day, everything changed, when i saved a guy in the mountains of "Spires of Arakk" he was something i have never seen before, he was a mix of a humanoid and feline, i thought he was just a savage, but i saved him anyway since i could profit from it...He then said to me:" Leorajh come with you to help". I didn't need any friends, but help is always welcome since i can achiev my goals easily, then, i allowed him to come with me. One day, i was walking in my garrison, checking everything and giving orders, when i saw him, sitting in the front of the barracks, he then said: "Howlf, Leorajh wants to help, Leorajh heals and help, Leorajh really good, bring Leorajh with you, Leorajh bodyguard, Leorajh protect you." I thought it was funny, i'm a master of combat, i fought many battles, and nothing could defeat me, and a little cat wants to protect me? That's rediculous, i'll allow him to try to protect me, and show him that i don't need protection, he is the one who needs it! That night, we received a mission, to help in Shattrath City doing what i do best, killing things, i told Leorajh to come to the mission with me. He was so happy when we left the base, i didnt know why and asked him and he said: "Leorajh happy because he helps friend." "Friend" what a meaningless thing for me, a forsaken, a rogue. We, then, left the garrison, me, on my horse, and him on his bone raptor, we didn't speak, i'm not the kind that make trivial conversations with others, i just want to end my mission and profit from it, it was a long ride to Shattrath, it took us hours until we arrived in Talador and we made our way to Shattrath. When we were near a river in the north we got ambushed by Iron Horde warriors, they were massive and riding the biggest wolfs i've ever seen, i vanished and so did Leorajh. for my surprise he could become invisible. But soon i realised, i was not the target, Tuurem was... i did not mind, i didn't like Draeneis anyway, but from nowhere a Lightning bolt hit an iron horde wolf rider and he was thrown 7 meters away from the blast, it was Leorajh, he began to fight the iron horde and a yelled at him: "That is not our business Leorajh, we don't need to help them" Leorajh then, casting another Lightning bolt just said: "Leorajh good, Leorajh help." My cover was blown , i couldnt leave now, i needed to fight, and then, the most difficult battle of my life had just began. I was used to calculate my battles, i don't enter in a fight i can lose, i'm meticulous, smart, cunning, but for some reason, i entered this battle we were only two, they were dezens. Why? why am i figthing for someone that is not even my Ally? But i was not allowed to think now, a gigantic orc was coming for me with a axe in flames throwing blows like a mad man, he just wants to break me in half, but i know how to fight, i just dodged all his blows and cut his throat so fast he didn't even reacted and then i appeared from a blink of a eye just behind an iron Horde Hunter, his pet didn't even saw me, i just killed his owner like it was a fly, i was fighting well, but the numbers, were overwhelming, a mace hit me, it throw me far away in the feet of a Ogre, my ribs were broken, i was dead for sure when Leorajh came, fast like the cheetas the druids imitate, and killed the ogre with his bare hands, he then healed me, put me on my feet and said: "Don't worry, Leorajh help." then i smiled, "Thanks Leorajh". "Go, Leorajh cover you". From this moment and until the fight was over it was easy, he covered me well, healed me, and saved me a lot of times, and i covered him so we could leave the place alive. We survived, and that same day we even helped in Shattrath, killing the Iron Horde and saving the city with the help of the forces of the Horde and Alliance combined. That day i saw, why Leorajh was so eager to help people no matter who they were, it was because he was simple minded, for him, the meaning to live is to help others, like i helped him one day. He is my bodyguard now, i know i can count on him, i never let him die, i'm always there to help him, and he is always there to help me. Some times he asks? "What are we doing today?" And i say,"Let's go on some missions..." He recently learned after various fights how to use a ability to make us faster. "Now Leorajh help more." he said, and i responded. "Well done man!". My Garrison is huge now, it was a long way, i have a lot of followers, they are always there for me, helping me in everything i need without even questioning it, they are my friends now and Leorajh, is the best of them all!Howlf18 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Help, important question. Okay so this may not be as important, but I was hoping for some second opinions, I received loot from the world boss but it dropped off the boss it being personal loot and I wasn't able to loot it, d/ced continuously and haven't been able to log back in, postmasters got my back right?Meekahz1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Adding to the folder of topics "connecting......." "Retriving character list........" "Drum as loading continues......." "Waits 5min" "character not found" well thats about 10min i wont ever get back, loving itRestitute0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 WoD World Bosses faction tagged again? Was on briefly for about 20 minutes, when one of the world bosses were up, Tarnia. Everyone was getting a group ready when I noticed ally pulled and the boss' health was greyed out. Now it's probably silly of me to assume that because world bosses were universal tagged in Pandaria (after a while anyway) that they would remain that way in WoD. Is this a bug or intended with some/all world bosses and then it will go universal tag later down the line? I'm just confuzzled about the whole ordeal. No raging from me if it's intended, it'll just be a pain to try and get a kill in, unless they all have insanely fast spawn rates like Sha.Liqiu6 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Guess we can forget about raiding tn Not surprised,, isn't the first time blizzard dropped the ball ...Foulques0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Things that could be better/fixed While i wait for the servers to normalize i thought it would be a good idea to post some things i've noticed and haven't read anywhere about them. 1- Did anyone notice that for female night elves the Renowed Guild Tabard's bottom-half is upside down? http://postimg.org/image/4iuun1xlb/ 2- Another thing i've noticed is that druids now have some kind of GCD for canceling a form, for example i used a macro like this: /cancelaura Swift Flight Form /cast Cat Form What this would do is cancel my flight form and immediatelly cast Cat Form at the same time to switch directly from one to the other, but now it just cancels my flight form and i have to cast Cat Form again after it. Is this intended? 3- One thing i found a little bothering is that i can't buy Crystal Vials and Enchanting Scrolls on vendors inside my Garrison, it's not that big trouble to fly to Ashran to buy them but i think it would be a lot more convenient to have them (and any other vendor reagent for that) on a vendor in the garrison. This would be just a quality of life improvement. 4- I wanted to ask why do i get old character gear out of Savage Crates from the Salvaging Yard building, it seems so strange and out of place to get those. I really understand getting things like trash that sells for 25s or 1g but this just feels too strange. It feels like getting Mithril ore from the mines or Felweed from the garden. 5- Similar to nº4 is the garrison fishing daily, the bag gives the same rewards as the Stormwind fishing daily, it would be cool and feel better to get Draenor fishing stuff, like the special baits or even a Worm Supreme ocasionally. Anyway, that's it. Sorry for the long post and sorry but i don't have any potatoes for you XD.Joylux0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Bored? Join us for Dramatic Forum Readings twitch / dizzydizasterFenddar0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 I quit!!!! i quit smoking wooohooo id never quit this game i love it to much... crap i started smoking again waiting on the game to comebackCarpetslayer0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 refer a friend question... If I refer a friend and we play on alliance side can I grant the levels to a horde side toon?Fentos4 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Online 24/7 If banks and other institutions/businesses can keep their systems online 24/7 without loosing even a drop of data why are we paying so much and there still is a maintenance cycle every Tuesday and it takes so much time from us enjoying WOW? Since this new upgrade Wow seems to be loosing people instead of gaining our lasting trust and confidence. I personally have spent way more money on this game and do not like the result I'm getting for having spent all the time and money to play this game! I hope Blizzard can fix this permanently and make a consorted effort to Get this game back where it used to be!Orcsbedamned0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 CHINA AGAIN!!! They beenDDoS again!Fijik22 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Can we at least animate the loading screen??? Since I cant actually play anything I was hoping blizz would maybe animate the loading screen photo or something, so I have something to look at besides a bar not moving.Fuzzÿwuzzÿ1 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Somebody NEEDS to be Fired!!! A head NEEDS to roll... or a team. It has been like this for a while. Why can Blizzard as a 19Billion dollar company cannot get this to run smooth. What you you guys think?Pallybozo0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Space Station Live Stream http://spacestationlive.jsc.nasa.gov/timeline/index.htmlPalmatum0 Dec 3, 2014
Dec 3, 2014 Lol world bosses are tag to faction. I thought blizzard was finally moving away from this system when they changed the celestials to be open tag. These new world bosses are just horde and alliance taking turns chain taunting the boss away from the faction that gets the tag to get the thing to reset over and over and over. Having world bosses be tag to faction is silly on PvE servers as it just gives people an excuse to be jerks and ends up screwing over both sides because no one wants to wait for the other faction to get their kill.Chimerash3 Dec 3, 2014