General Discussion

Nov 14, 2014 A Reasonable Request As a relatively new WOW player, I've never experienced an expansion launch. The fact it has been two days and my server has been virtually inaccessible (and this is obviously not an isolated problem), I have a couple reasonable expectations. 1. All players should be credited game time to cover the time when the game hasn't been accessible. I'm all for being reasonable about Blizzard working through the problems, but we are paying for daily access to this service and every day it is inaccessible, your basically taking our money and not provided what we are paying for. 2. Free transfers should be opened immediately (with option to automatically scrub inboxes without logging in) out of ALL servers presently full. 3. Since this is the launch of a much anticipated expansion and a huge portion of your paying audience can't access it, it would really be nice if you would provide more information about what is being done to fix the problems and when can expect to play.Elayne0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 2 hour que wait, character not found, back in que at position 6k. What a joke. I would be honestly surprised if they don't give us something for our troubles. More free play time does not seem unreasonable.Herppderpp0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 I'm level 100 but no room to talk? That makes sense because like every one els i've been trying to log on and play with lagg for the last 2 days, And i have no room to talk that makes total sense. I'mma go play WoW now. Wait nvm i'm in a 3000 person queue.Chïllz43 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Finally done waiting for the queue... oh wait "Character not found". Well then, I would've expected Blizzard to finally get things somewhat under control.Venaria0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Is Character not found going to be addressed been trying to log in for 2 hours now keeps saying character not found on all my toonsSilantkiller0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Character not found, fix this issue! Tired of getting kicked off, then unable to log back in because it says, chaarcter not found.. fix this damn issue alreadyTolbren8 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 WHAT SUPER HERO WOULD YOU BE??? WHAT SUPER HERO WOULD YOU BE???Gymtanwow0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 i took off work for thi.. shut up cry baby!!! Seriously, its an expansion mmo release. If you honestly thought you could play it the day of release.. your a fool. If you took off of work to play a video game... your a bigger fool. Bunch of whining crying babies.. This is one of the biggest games around with some of the most active users ever. Hardware is only capable of handling so much. Millions of people hitting up servers at 1 time is hard. Ya i'll defend blizzard every time. They offer a great game, great customer support. I've had problems in the past, and left my phone number with the ticket and they called me and walked me threw my problem. They post updates every couple of hours to inform you of what they are doing. The game will be up and running soon enough. "but but I paid for a service that I don't get" your an idiot. you will get the service. game will be up and fine soon enough. stop acting like a bunch of crack heads with a broken pipe.Razzlebash0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Queue, Disco, Queue 2:00pm 2k Queue 5:00pm Character Not Found x Infinity 5:29pm Disconnected from server 5:30pm 5k Queue You can't be serious. I'm trying so hard to not be a part of the angry mob. Making this extremely difficult.Chalupacabro0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Release day haiku - add your own Trying to log in Wait out the really long queue Character not foundSufus0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Two transmog ideas I want to be able to change my weapon enchant effect animations NOT actual enchant stats. So say for example i have dancing steel enchant my weapons, but I want my Main hand to look like Avalanche and my off hand to look like Mongoose. I go to the transmog vendor and select it and pay my fee. Boom. Dancing Steel that looks like Avalanche and Mongoose. The other idea I had was to incorporate the same technology that Diablo 3 uses that allows you to transmog your gear into anything you looted previously and you don't need to have that item in your bank anymore. I would LOVE this.Akasendo4 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Hi ! Im 2/3 on that score ;PÉxecutie0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Who else spend money upgrading their computer Not only am I out my cash to purchase and xpac, as well as the monthly fee, I'm also out a significant chunk of cash updating some hardware to meeting system requirements (well exceed). This is more then the 100 bucks combined for the game and monthly subscription, I'm in to this by about 400 bucks Canadian ... What a racket. Take off hosers.Yhager0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 My Speculation. I believe, that the problem, the major problem is that the Phasing and Cross Server systems have broken everything due to the expansion and the high turn out. essentially, whole clusters before probably had 5k tops. now each server in the cluster is putting out 5k and they are almost all going to Dreanor. the real problem? if Cross Realm is something that cannot be undone, that their server infrastructure is now stuck this way. it means, to sum it up, we are in it for a long haul, and blizzard will not want to admit this, because it will take weeks to fix.Resonater0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Server Xpac (Free Temp Server Xfers?) The idea is rather very simple, as a person working full time with numerous other obligations I just can't hash out the same amount of time as I used to with WoW. I can't just sit here and complain on forums while I sit in que for 2hrs and then play for another 10. Being in que for literally over 140 minutes and still having a estimated remaining time of 267 minutes is pretty much establishing that I cannot play. That 2-3 days of my paid game time are absolutely removed. Suggestion: Allow players who are on highly populated realms that get locked during high traffic times such as xpacs/large patches, and grant them the ability to temporaily transfer their character to a number of extremely low populated realms. (Blizzard started merging them as of recent, I'm sure a few extremely low populated realms exist). This would be a temporary fix so players like myself and many others lose out on the first few days of the xpac while we're still excited and hyped. Rather than sitting in a 2-6 hour que only to login and "World Server is down" or "Character not found". Thoughts and other suggestions rather than sitting in a 247 minue que for Darkspear?Shammywowlol1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 i have a theory about the new lag I think the problem comes from inside of your servers, not from outside... im just saying isn't a internet lag, is a CPU STRESS LAG Thats why some things works, and some not work... I think the new system of queue missions and items ii's streesing the micro-processor... so.. that's explain that at the first 12 hours the game was working.. and after that... with more and more request of queue.. in that way you are hit the processor to max load... not only the processor, the memory also! thats is my theory.. im not good writing in english, its not my natural languageCanuz6 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 I got in Hey guys, I just wanted to share a method that *might* work. Currently tested on my account and its been successfull. I was stuck in a 3000+ que (high pop server, Kel'Thuzad) then "Character not found", kept trying to log in and getting DC after the usual 90% loading screen. I completely logged out from the bnet client, restarted router, cleared cache, and reset my password. I got in on the 1st attempt. I don't know if I just got lucky or if that changed something, but I thought it might have been worth sharing it here with you all. There's no harm in trying. [EDIT] Tried this with gf's account and she got in as well. Will try more times with a couple of friends and I'll keep this thread updated.Rechtstrafe0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Tell me something, tell me a story I just wish they would say something I'm sitting here like a junkie hitting enter world over and over because I have no idea what the hell is going on and just maybe this time it will work. Say something, anything. All I know for sure is the servers are down tomorrow, but what about now? I need some help coming to terms with the fact I might have to do something else and I cant do that with all this uncertainty. Please blues, at least entertain me while we are all in this time of great stress.Chrogun0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 So what do you guys do while you wait?? I am gonna jump on my 360 play some call of duty after a hard days work, and let my queue time go down in the next day..Owlcaholic1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Anyone else dcing on loading screens? And then having their characters be stuck "nowhere"? @_@Yara4 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Fix the damn log in Qs I couldnt log in all day yesterday because of being like 3800 in Q.Now it says 4800 and 441 mins estimated time?? Seriously??Vadden0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 A Reasonable Suggestion Or at least I Think it is quite reasonable. ~ Long Post Warning. ~ Some of your player base is quite upset at the state of the Expansion Launch, and certainly, you can't blame them. Many people are sitting in queues for hours or taking to the forums while they're sitting with the "No Character Found" issue (Like I am now). Some people are threatening to cancel their accounts or demand a refund for the expansion. I'm not one of those guys. You know why? Because Blizzard makes Damn Good Games. Because I know that in time, all this stuff will be sorted out and everyone will be playing and enjoying the amazing content that WoD Will provide. I'm sure that you also understand that our time is valuable. This is our form of Entertainment. How would you react if you paid for a movie ticket and the projector wouldn't come on? Would you simply walk out and say "Oh, I understand, it's all good, I didn't need that money or time". Probably not. You would expect the Movie Theater to issue you a free ticket or something to deal with your troubles. I also know of some people that took off work to play on Launch Day and their time is worth something. I believe that the fine people at Blizzard are going to do this. They know this didn't work out well, and I believe that they are going to make their customer service as good as their game. I have a couple of ideas that I respectfully suggest to the Blizzard staff: 1.) At Minimum, I suggest adding 3 days (or as many days as we have server instability issues) of free game time to all subscribers. For many of us, the game is un-playable in its current state. I'm sure you don't find this request unreasonable. 2.) In-game items. Pixels don't cost you much. In-game pets and/or mounts are great, and giving them to players is a good way to show that you appreciate their patience through this tough time. 3.) In-Game Services. Many of us that are having issues are those on high-population realms. A Free Server Transfer to a lower population realm of our choice would be a sign to the player community that you are willing to work with us in clearing out the issues. Again, I wrote all this because I believe that Blizzard is a Quality Company that cares about the players. I'm sure once their technical side is fixed, their customer service is going to shine as well. ~ Shanzak the Negotiator.Shanzak0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Its all bout dat DDoS Lord help us worst release eva.........Kïssmybübble0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 I GOT BACK ON TRY AGAIN I GOT ON =]Loluscrub0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 character not found Got onto server but cant find any characters.Rîv50 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Blizzard you realize we cant play now right? Not at 3am. Just take the servers down now and get to fixing it.Waylord0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Idea for next expansion ..... Announce the release date per normal, just complete the actual release a few days early so the schmuckos can't do their DDoS garbage and the member base receives a totally stoked surprise. Maybe? :-)Skats0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 What's with garrison phasing? The only time I have a problem is going to my garrison. If i stay away from it. I can play for hours and hours on end. The moment I try to go to it there's a strong chance I lose my connection and not only can I not log back in on that character, I can't use any character on that server until whatever the issue is magically fixes itself. That usually only seems to take 10 to 20 minutes but it's strange as hell.Anyankah1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Where is the blue post? Are the servers working as intended? Is there something you wanna tell us?Midam0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Blizzard was not prepared for WoD yeah, pretty much this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p73PZIDQuA glad i spent 3 hours in queue only to get a "character not found" message :/Cataclysman0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Update from blizzard? what's the latest word?Loluscrub3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 People who took time off got trolled... People who took time off got trolled so hard with this launch. Luckily i decided not to call off for wed/thurs and just work my days, that was a very close call. Blizzard intended to do this and knew this would happen wanted to see WHAT would happen if they did this to the realms and !@#$ people over. Lol well i feel bad for some of you that missed out on their money because of blizzards crap servers. To arms my brothers and sisters do NOT FAULTER! We shall prevail in every aspect and judge these mongrols on their poor work on their part. I and my brethern shall take revenge for all of you and empower that the servers start running more stable with 0 que times!Drphatballz0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Postion in que: XXX (Blizz standard in Greed) Nuntaradi2 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Last Blue post was 17 hours ago? that cant be right? I thought for sure there would have been at least a few more since then?Onedown6 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Blizzard Technical Support; Please Read Restart. Servers. Please.Nèrzhúl2 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Woot! Waited & now Character Not Found! I waited 3 whole hours, in a 2500+ queue, at 2:00PM PST, got in around 5:13PM PST - now ALL of my characters on Zul'Jin cannot be found. I quickly exited the game, and got back in right away to see if that fixed the issue, but it didn't.. This is bull !@#$, man. Why did I have to wait 3 hours to only be stuck staring at my character screen? Idk what's worse - waiting in the queue, or being (able) to play but just kidding, I'm gonna tease the %^-* out of you and not let you in on your character.. Which do you think is worse? Waiting in queue, or not being able to play ONCE you've waited for !@#$ing ever.. >.<Sharquita1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Your current position in que & estimated time 581 and 62 mins remaining. so closeTapistry0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 While we wait for this to all blow over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiKx8lOEktQ This ^ Do it.Wukong0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Overwatch Beta for Everyone With all the issues, queue's and server problems I can see just about everyone getting a beta invite for Overwatch.Jahleena0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 This has been a great expansion so far! I'm loving this expansion. After months and months of grinding away to upgrade my gear to the best level possible, getting into a Heroic Garrosh run to get my BoA, farming every day to make items to sell on the AH to get my gold up; and best of all, ignoring my console games for months on end in preparation for this expansion... Now my consoles have been getting a great workout while I wait in a queue for 3-4 hour a day! Blizzard: The best friend console games ever had... BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE !@#$ING QUEUES!!Lilthica0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 WHAT TO DO WITH DOWNTIME Go play Hearthstone, Diablo 3, or Starcraft 2. I hear they are good games and would just crumple the toes of whoever owns WoW.Woodmire1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 please, do the maintenance now? if enough of us post it may just happen, I would much rather have a full day without this game so they can actually address the issue at hand than have maintenance followed by horrible que times and other issues across 3 days.Dastardlie0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 why is the queue position increasing? was at 3300 5 hours ago now over 6000?Gideonjura19 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 No Raging Allowed, Only Funny Pics. Instead of crying, whining, jumping off roofs, and otherwise unhealthy behavior, let us post art and funny pics that have arisen in the wake of this questionable release. I know many of us are stuck in queue and what not. Let's vent in a productive way. OBAMA IS ON IT! http://imgur.com/gallery/rS6kT0l http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/nhvJcKR http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/8iYIzTi http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/Fcz7ytm http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/H1pljR7 http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/wmQEwb3 http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/PDZoyHL http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/MAZCPua http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/iAbkhVu http://imgur.com/t/world_of_warcraft/BUW3jyHRharg3 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 no more 5 minute rule? i finally get in after a 2 hour q, game crashes, and in the time it took to get back in im back in q for another obscene amount of time? really?Aristeaus0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Fixed it! All you need to do is delete your Cache, Interface and WTF folders. No more log in queue, no more glitches and lag, no more DDoS attacks! The miracle cure!Furlax1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 to all the whiners blizzard is doing everything they can to improve our wow experience but all you people can do is complain and whine..Inthos1 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 ...ouchy this stings... http://i.imgur.com/3Ce78Ik.jpgBloodelfdk0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Quit the forums before the web crashes Fo ShizzlePòlk0 Nov 14, 2014
Nov 14, 2014 Queuelords of Loading Screens. Hows everyone enjoying this new simulator update?Unanything29 Nov 14, 2014