General Discussion

Aug 15, 2014 I'd bet $100 to everybody that... Hellscream is NOT the final boss, he will be part of the final tier but he WILL NOT be the final boss my guess is Wrathion or Burning Legion type boss. Blizzard will NOT make that mistake of hellscream round 2. $100 to all of you. ;)Kalithras1 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 Anyone else feel like... The final raid tier bosses are getting less appealing, more lame, as time goes on? First was Illidan, The Betrayer, Lord of Outland, Ruler of the Naga, The Demon Hunter, The Lord Of Shadows. Then The Lich King, Lord of the Scourge, Dark Lord of the Dead, The Dark One, Prince of Darkness Jailer of the Damned , Lord Of Terror. Then Deathwing, The Destroyer, Aspect of Death, The Worldbreaker. Then we got Garrosh... an angry corrupted orc. Now it seems we are getting Grom, another angry orc... Please Blizzard, fix this.Soulius9 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 im eating taquitos they're good taquitosOfwgkta6 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 So, this Grom Hellscream doesn't know Thrall This Grom hasn't been through all the garbage that the Grom of our time has been through, so he is not the same and plus he is young. I wonder how Thrall would feel if we had to kill Grom and his son. I wonder if he even knows that Garrosh is his son.Ihavestuff4 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 What will be the Main Villain of WOD? The Iron Horde is going to be the main focus to the game upon release, but Blizzard has said no word on whether or not the Iron Horde will be the focus towards the end of the expansion. Blizzard has already stated that Garrosh Hellscream is not the main villain of Warlords of Draenor. In the cinematic, we saw a snap of Gul'Dan trying to influence Grommash to drink the felblood. Gul'Dan might also influence the other warlords and their clans into drinking felblood. Could we see a potential faction split where some clans side with the Iron Horde, other's side with Gul'Dan and the demons? Also, something tells me the Burning Legion isn't going to take to kindly to the death of Mannoroth so early in the timeline.Vexarus0 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 I hate garrosh But, he was pretty freakin awesome in that trailer What do you thinkYzzami16 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 What date are challenge modes closing? So I can get my set before its gone D:Sanctífy0 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 New Blood Elf Models. One can only hope... but I hope when they update the female blood elves, they give most their armor high heels like valla from diablo 3. :(Saralin2 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 New Faces Question Okay, so if people choose to use their old face models, will everyone see their old face or see their new one? Since if someone hates their new face and changes it back to the old models, are other people who choose to see new models see the face they didn't like?Natalïe1 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 Would there be WoD collector's edition in box I've been thinking about this for some time and I been asking some people if they know but I would like to know if the WoD collector's edition well be in Box for per-order. I like collecting boxes of games and I would like to know if there well be or is it only in digital if anyone can help me that well be great.Alexgx2 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 Garrison Customization In the past I made a thread asking the forum if I was able to make my garrison troll themed. The answer I got back was no, but someone did say I might be able to change the guards to trolls (I think they removed the guard changing option. At least, it isn't available anymore in Beta last I heard). My question now is if we have received any word on being able to customize our garrisons past the orc and human themes. Has someone from the WoW team ever said it would be possible in the future?Sizuarl8 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 I can't take draenei seriously I hope the iron horde slaughters the draenei in this timeline as wellAkvan11 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 Great... well everything! I was watching the stream today because I couldn't make it there but I really enjoyed the "Lords of War" and the Cinematic, I just thought that in some parts the Grom and Garrosh looked friendly :P. Anyway, I wish I was there to see it live for a few reasons but I wanted to say that the Cinematic was very well done!Warkingi0 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 15, 2014 So at this point I read warcrimes... I watched the cinematic.... I don't even hate that the lore is completely Orc based or thatThrall (or Green Jesus) is an absolute Mary Sue and shatters lore in general. I just don't understand. What is the point of the Alliance, or if you want to get more technical; What is the point of the Alliance on Draenor, where we literally have no dog in the fight.Sofi9 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 MoP I was wondering what was actually included in the MoP update. More concisely, what is included when you purchase it? I know things like Pet Battles were added in it but those are available to those who don't buy the update whereas things like Monk class must be bought. So what does paying actually get you?Daerdrie2 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Forget WoD, gimme an odd but fun MoP achieve Any suggestions of something odd but fun to shoot for in the MoP achieve catagories. No I don't mean like Garry heroic, or sitting on the beach for five minutes for Wanderers. Come on, I know there has to be something that has some off-the-reservation fun in it. Cough it up! (pleassssssseeeeeeee...scrapes foot on ground)Bigbetty0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 The content drought and why it's so bad ... saw this in a thread and thought blizzard should see this.Kruskavick0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Taking off of work for WOD... Just worried that if I take off on launch day the game wont be playable anyway because of it being buggy... Anyone have any thoughts?Steelcosmos0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Next Expansion Sylvanas please. Thanks.Steelcosmos4 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 When are we getting 6.0? Blizz, the mob demands 6.0. When are we getting it?Bigpump5 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Question/Concern about Garrosh BoA's preWoD I'm not sure who would be able to help answer this this question but here goes. So, as I understand it, when the pre-expansion patch hits within the next few months, if you haven't gotten an heirloom from Garrosh until that point you're guaranteed one to drop for your loot spec (at time of kill) the first time you kill Garrosh after the patch lands. So here's my concern, today I got the 2-hand strength axe to drop from Garrosh on flex difficulty, which will be renamed normal come patch time, does this mean that after the patch lands, if I kill Garrosh with my guild on Heroic difficulty (the rename for what is now normal difficulty) will I not get a guaranteed drop for my loot spec? Here are some additional questions/concerns: - If I DO get a guaranteed heirloom, will it just be another 2-hand strength axe? Leaving me with what would essentially be the same item but just different ilvls? - I'm not going to complain that I got an heirloom at all before the pre-WoD patch landed, BUT I prefer dual-wield frost over 2-hand frost, if I do get a guaranteed heirloom drop for my loot spec (frost) will there be any way to ensure I get one of the strength swords from Garrosh instead of another 2-hand axe (at best I'd play around with using it to tank a few dungeons as I level during the expansion...). If it turns out that the guaranteed heirloom for frost DKs is the 2-hand strength axe, then I'd like to make a suggestion to Blizzard. Can you PLEASE make it possible to somehow trade-in the 2-hand axe for the strength sword heirloom, I would LOVE to have that as an option, otherwise Imight just be forced to go 2-hand frost while I level in WoD. Please don't make me go 2-hand frost to take advantage of an heirloom weapon while I level Blizzard, please ><Caeus3 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Random WoD question for Blues. Has there been talk of the garrison's being more specific, like NEs being able to have NE architect and same thing for BEs and Taurens? It would be awesome for it to be a little more customizable like that. Just wondering is all. Same concept for the buildings, just a different look.Kerenza2 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 i was wondering I was wondering if the hearthstone card back is included in the digital deluxe editionNoddingleaf0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 ART TEAM SCREWED UP ON THE GRAY ORC http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlords-of-draenor-6y1fz/media/wallpapers/warlords-of-draenor-1920x1200.jpg THE GRAY ORC ON THE LEFT ISN'T SUPPOSE TO HAVE HIS RIGHT ARM CUT OFF.. either the art team screwed up on the war lords of draenor cover or the animation team screwed up in the short movie thing http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/14/6002695/world-of-warcraft-lords-of-war-animated-series-draenor because one of tyhe orcs has a right arm cut in the short movie then the expansion cover has the right arm cut offTÿräël6 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 In game event Ok so I was just wondering if we are going to have in game even leading up to the release of xpac sort of like when we had AQ open up and everyone who participated in it got that really cool black beetle mount?Suzuhara0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Not one Draenei in the trailer. Color me surprised. A trailer is supposed to summarize what something is about and draw you in. I didn't see anything other than Orcs, so I guess it's safe to assume that this is what the expansion is about. Even the animated Lords of War dedicated to Orcs featured other races. Sigh. I had high hopes for this one, too. That Blizzard had actually listened to the players, heard our plight and maybe decided to throw in some content for non-Orc races, but... Guess not. Welcome to Warlorcs of Draenorc, ladies and gentlemen.Raelaa214 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Explanation of the time line mechanics So a lot of people seem really confused as to why Garrosh can go back in time and it doesn't affect the current timeline we are in. I will give a brief explanation of the three most used theories regarding space time, and time travel. Type 1. A single FIXED timeline which is self-consistent and unchangeable. This type of time line is the Novikov self-consistency principle. In this scenario the time line is a fixed element. Everything is linear, every that happens is pre-destined to happen, and even something like going back in time to kill your father was already determined to happen, thus no changes ever occur and it is self-consistent. Any attempt to alter the timeline creates a time loop occurrence (due to it being pre-destined) your future self will always go back, nothing will ever change. A good example is the movie LOOPER. Type 2. The time line is flexible and can be changed by something as simple as going back and stepping on a flower. The best example of this is Back to the Future. In this scenario, space time obliterating paradoxes can occur, such as if you see or meet yourself. Everything you do DIRECTLY affects the timeline, and if you attempted to go back and stop yourself you would create an infinite loop which could create a paradox. Type 3. This one is the one that Blizzard chose. It is the most believed, and the coolest one by far. ALTERNATE TIMELINES! In this type EVERY decision you have made in life creates a split in the timeline, creating an alternate timeline (or alternate DIMENSION) at every turn. Imagine, if a friend asked you to jump off a cliff. This is a decision point, a point at which the timeline splits and alters based on all the possible decisions you have. You could say no, you could do it, you could push him off, you could beat him up, you could yell at him, etc. etc. etc. By Garrosh going back in time to Draenor and altering the decisions of those in the past, he created a different dimension. One in which the Orcs didn't become corrupted by demon blood, and which eventually became a power house force that Garrosh used to convince them that they should invade his home dimension. This may seem a bit confusing. I have no problem understanding what Blizz is attempting to do here. Keep in mind that going back in time to stop Garrosh from going back in time, would only result in yet another split of the timeline, i.e. by stopping Garrosh you cause the person who sent him back to choose someone else to send back, or attempt a different plan. For all of these outcomes there are dimensions where those choices were made. One final bit of intel. Theoretically, it IS possible to travel between dimensions. Many of these theories involve wormholes. So YES it is legit that he did this, and YES it makes sense in the realm of physics.Archonis18 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Worth it As we all know there is an expansion coming that is coming, But i have started to ask questions. Iv noticed a majority of the content has been removed (Even an entire zone) Which was pushed back to "Content patches".....Personaly i was gonna buy the collectors edition, But reluctantly to pay for it cause this feels so small......what exactly are we getting....This whole Garrison's seems highly overated ( Just orc and human buildings) no custimzation, Only ashran at launch ( No bgs,Arena's), 6 dungeons ( not includeing the "Revamped" UBRS, 2 raids,2 entire zones wont be exploreable at launch, The character models are not even entirely completed, No race/class, The Tabard/heirloom tab has been " Delayed", Hell even the WoD collectors edition includes a flying mount but There considering removeing flying for WoD < da fuk.....Why should i pay 90$ for what looks like a patch worthy filler expansion If you dont got valid reason's, Please dont respondTerafusa7 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Warlord of Draenor Collector's Edition.. So, the set is now available for pre-order on multiple websites (Gamestop, Amazon) but there is still no official announcement for it. Amazon even has a picture for the box. Will there be an official announcement / thing showing off the box soon? Thanks!Swiftshockin1 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Congratulations on the cinematic I have to say it's now my favorite WoW intro cinematic. You guys did an incredible job all around. One thing I'd like to point out, and this has nothing to do with the quality of the cinematic: Mannoroth isn't dead. In Warcraft 3, when Grom Hellscream slayed Mannoroth, he actually had the power to kill a demon. It's the same power he used to kill Cenarius. However, this time, he didn't. Mannoroth is simply banished to the Twisting Nether. I'm expecting Mannoroth to be the final boss of WoD.Theophile9 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 What does this mean for server Mannoroth Does it mean that it will be full again? Grom killed Mannoroth. Mannoroth is in the new cinematic. Robin Williams played on Mannoroth server. Hope it gets more people.Brunic8 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Uggh Another ORC final Boss Grommash final boss of WOD. PLEASE not an ORC come on!!!!Darmlock0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 10th Anniversary / MC40 Based on what we saw from the 10th Anniversary announcement, along with WoD's release date being known, it's pretty safe to say MC40 will be for level 100 characters only. This makes me very sad, and leaves me conflicted. I haven't played much during MoP (didn't care for this expansion much except for warlock's green fire and SoO). I had planned to re-sub for the 10th anniversary and watch WoD play out for a little bit before deciding if I wanted to purchase it. After watching the cinematic, I became excited for WoD, but still feel like I should wait and see if WoD offers something I would enjoy (beyond leveling). $50 is enough money I have to pause and consider if what I'm spending it on is worth it. But after learning of the release date... I don't know. I've got a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like Blizzard is trying to force me to buy the expansion in order to enjoy the anniversary events. I'm on the fence with WoD, and feel like this will push me not to purchase it. Surely I'm not alone in being upset at being forced to level to 100 prior to participating in the anniversary events.Demonis0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 So I just watch the Chilton interview The one from 7 hours ago… I seem to have missed the part where he said Grommash was final boss, can anyone link the time he said it in interview?Doobb2 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Why are you killing the Hellscreams off First Garrosh, and now Grom? No. They are so amazing and legendary. They deserve to conquer all of Azeroth. How could you?Brunic7 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 iron horde invasion year if garrosh went back 35 years to dreanor then why is the iron horde coming to the present azeroth wouldn't it be smarter for them to invade when they originally did cause they would have a better chance of winning. did i miss something?Marren3 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 War Never Changes War. War never changes. The Burning Legion waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Nerub built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Garrosh shaped the battered Orcs into an economic superpower. But war never changes. On the 21st moon, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: fel energies and metal monstrosities. For these resources, the warlords would invade Azeroth, Orgrimmar would annex Stormwind, and the Drarven Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering clans again, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Azeroth. On the 33rd moon, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of fel devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise. A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large underground Vaults. Your family was part of that group that entered Vault Stormshield. Imprisoned safely behind the large Vault door, under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world. Life in the Vault is about to change.Scimonte1 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 In the cinematic I love the touch where Grom is about to die in the exact same way he did in Warcraft 3. But Garrosh knew that would happen and pushed him out of the way. I like how they made it look exactly like the Warcraft 3 cinematic when Mannoroth exploded.Orhato15 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 We Need a Way to Pre-Load Retail Edtions For a lot of players we dread buying a retail box version of the expansion because we want to be able to jump in right away with everyone else at midnight myself included. I've always wanted to go into Gamestop or other places where they do launch parties but the need to get into game right away leaves me always getting the Digital or Digital Deluxe editions even though I've wanted the collectors edition. Can we please get a way for us to take our pre-order receipts or something and input them so we can pre-load the license. Another possiblitly is for online retailers like Amazon or Bestbuy to send Blizzard confirmation of purchase or something. There has to be a way to make this work. Please and Thanks Blizzard.Zarumon17 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Rep grinds. Why must you torture me so? All i want is the Talbuk mounts, and the Nether Ray mounts. I forgot how god awful time consuming BC rep grinds were. Yeah, i'm behind the times. Why? 'cause i'm a lazy hunter.Arkimus13 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Physical Collector's Edition question I was wondering something. I have already purchased the Warlords standard digital edition. If I purchased a box copy of the collector's edition would I receive another level 90 boost?Grimmlðcke8 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 so MC40man lvl90? with it being so close and again not everyone getting it right away, will this be lvl 90? im thinking it will beSleepý17 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition opens The Warlords of Draenor collector's edition pre-orders are now open for $89.99 http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/world-of-warcraft-warlords-of-draenor-collectors-edition-pre-orders-openBlizzplanet0 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 WoD Paradox..? If Draenei came from Draenor, and they ran away when it was shattered into outland, wouldn't they be able to run into their past selves from a lore standpoint?Kasis11 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Barrens anniversary Bring back the original barrens zone except you cannot mount or have blue quests highlights on the map. Scale the quests up to 90 and give epic rewards when you finish all the quests in zone (especially if you find Mankrik's wife within two minutes). Also make random Alliance NPCs will also randomly attack Crossroads, those NPCs will drop nice loots too.Fegelein9 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 When is the anniversary stuff? The tenth anniversary is after the release of WoD... Everyone will be in greens so how are we going to do the 40 man boosted Ragneros raid? I hope Blizzard releases the anniversary stuff before WoD...Deydrania7 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Hey... So i heard you all like orc warriors as the final boss. I also heard you all like when we spoil the final boss before the expansion even starts. Then i heard some more that you guys love it when we make the final boss a hellscream. So you will have Grom Hellscream as the final boss.Sempaí5 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Taking all Bets!! Taking all bets! The release date announcement for WoD is coming out this 14 August, so when do you think WoD will come out? My guess is mid October.Lindsey20 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Can we just admit it? After all these years and even the recent gaffs on Blizzards part... I defy any true fan of Warcraft to of not been excited at what was shown at gamescon including the cinematic. This is the most excited I have been about an expo possibly ever. Source: 30 year old man with 3 kids and a busy career still extremely excited about a video game.Steelcosmos43 Aug 14, 2014
Aug 14, 2014 Preordered I just have, now the biggest decision I face... Warrior or Warlock ?Loot14 Aug 14, 2014