Why does everyone suddenly hate Jaina?

Story Forum
1 2 3 23 Next
Now this is something that gets me really down.

Why is everyone suddenly hating on Jaina Proudmoore?

It's as if she went from being one of the most loved Warcraft characters, to one of the most hated, just because she's in grieving and is taking her losses dramatically. People say she's went crazy, and I "somewhat" agree with you, but just look at what's happened to her, it's only logical she'd react in the ways that she did. What makes it so sad it's as if nobody can recall all the sacrifices Jaina has made up until this point. She even sacrificed her own family in order to protect the Horde. Even after witnessing the horrors of Undercity, she still gave them support.

It's like watching people spit on a friend whose lost their way, instead of supporting them and hoping for the best lol. I mean, the girl's city got mana bombed, she was the sole survivor, she saw Rhonin turn to dust right before her eyes. She asked Thrall for help, then Thrall practically denied her, then he goes and helps Vol'jin later lmfao. She saw her friends and even felt her apprentice get turned to dust lol. She got betrayed by the bloodelves twice basically, and second betrayal being involved with the neutral Kirin Tor. Plus if you recall those guys in Theramore, the people who'd be spreading bad propaganda, Jaina also had to deal with them. She'd already watched her BF/Lover turn into one of the most vile people the world has ever seen before this lol.

If you ask me, it was only a matter of time before she snapped.

Either way it's just sad to see a lot of the community immediately turn on a character just because she's become more spiteful towards the ones who hurt her lol. Even before getting more dramatic a lot of people just referred to her as Thrall's squeeze rofl.
I don't get it either.

She's certainly not wrong for believing the Horde might be plotting something. Their history is proof enough for that.
Her permament victim complex, her hypocracy, her lack of empathy? I would say mildly bipolar II with delusions of grandeur. Has a somewhat inflated view of her own talents...has indulged in risky behavior in the past....yep bipolar would be my guess. I think that she has overplayed the victim card in that her tragedies supercede everyone elses...
Besides some Horde Posters or something I don't think many people hate her.

Many are not satisfied with what she has been turned into though.

I don't get it either.

She's certainly not wrong for believing the Horde might be plotting something. Their history is proof enough for that.

She's not, but the Jaina in that video is the complete opposite of the Jaina that many loved.

Personally I still like her and this side of her, but I wish she would level out some more already. She seems stuck on this Horde hating wagon that it's just ugly.
Whether intentional or not, Blizzard has drilled the "faction wars bad" thing into our head to the point where people are naturally suspicious of any Alliance member who doesn't toe the "The Horde is basically good" party line. That, to me, is the real reason Jaina is looked down upon right now. Unfortunately, the story has been told in such a ham-fisted way that it leaves very little room for characters with a more nuanced view of the Horde, characters who believe we have legitimate reasons to dismantle the Horde as a political entity and take steps to ensure they can't raise an army against us ever again. As soon as you start thinking the Horde needs more than a slap on the wrist in order to prevent further atrocities, you must be evil.
I don't like her because I liked old Jaina, thus I instinctfully don't like new Jaina.

Unfair? Maybe. But I still think Rhonin or Khadgar should've brought Dalaran into the Alliance.

I also don't like how jumpy her new personality is. She goes from ''Destroy Orgrimmar'' to ''Dalaran must remain above the war'' to ''Purge Dalaran of Horde!'' to ''Maybe there is more than it seems'' to ''Dismantle the Horde and occupy Orgrimmar''

Honestally I would probaly accept her if she didn't seem so jumpy.
Now this is something that gets me really down.

Why is everyone suddenly hating on Jaina Proudmoore?

It's as if she went from being one of the most loved Warcraft characters, to one of the most hated, just because she's in grieving and is taking her losses dramatically. People say she's went crazy, and I "somewhat" agree with you, but just look at what's happened to her, it's only logical she'd react in the ways that she did. What makes it so sad it's as if nobody can recall all the sacrifices Jaina has made up until this point. She even sacrificed her own family in order to protect the Horde. Even after witnessing the horrors of Undercity, she still gave them support.

It's like watching people spit on a friend whose lost their way, instead of supporting them and hoping for the best lol. I mean, the girl's city got mana bombed, she was the sole survivor, she saw Rhonin turn to dust right before her eyes. She asked Thrall for help, then Thrall practically denied her, then he goes and helps Vol'jin later lmfao. She saw her friends and even felt her apprentice get turned to dust lol. She got betrayed by the bloodelves twice basically, and second betrayal being involved with the neutral Kirin Tor. Plus if you recall those guys in Theramore, the people who'd be spreading bad propaganda, Jaina also had to deal with them. She'd already watched her BF/Lover turn into one of the most vile people the world has ever seen before this lol.

If you ask me, it was only a matter of time before she snapped.

Either way it's just sad to see a lot of the community immediately turn on a character just because she's become more spiteful towards the ones who hurt her lol. Even before getting more dramatic a lot of people just referred to her as Thrall's squeeze rofl.

Because she doesn't show enough skin. If she wore an outfit similar to Sylvanas then she'd quickly gain a following.

Seriously though, I think it's mostly either Horde posters who don't like her, or posters who have human issues (looking at you Lena). She has a legitimate reason to hate and dislike the Horde and that conflicts with their belief that the Horde are always innocents being picked on by everyone else.

It was the same thing with Varian until he mellowed which, ironically, made him more popular with the Horde while the Alliance facepalmed their way through his new personality whether or not they'd read the novel.
I was with her until she was like "Hsssssssire, you musssssst dessstroy them now! Yesssss, even now the plot againssst usss...".

There's half a hundred ways to play off her rage, fury and frustration with the peace process and the horde itself. Hateful, poisoned whispers into a king's ear wasn't really the best of them.
Not to mention that it is pragmatic to assume the Horde was plotting something. And not due to some fundamental moral characteristic of either side.

It would only make sense for the Horde to be plotting. They darn well should. One of the Alliance's most historically aggressive leaders has just seized their capital city with a large and varied military force. The Horde itself is weakened, splintered, and disorganized, without a particularly clear direction with Garrosh deposed.

They don't know what Varian is going to do. They must prepare in case the worst does happen. They should have been plotting how to respond if Varian had shown his intent to be hostile to the Horde.
09/22/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Matthiass
Her permament victim complex, her hypocracy, her lack of empathy?

Sounds like she's channeling the Alliance playerbase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

I joke, I joke. Well, mostly.
You all might not like her but she is getting stuff done. I can make a list of Alliance characters that just sit there and do nothing all day while Jaina is off kicking orc... uhh... well, you know.
Her permament victim complex, her hypocracy, her lack of empathy? I would say mildly bipolar II with delusions of grandeur. Has a somewhat inflated view of her own talents...has indulged in risky behavior in the past....yep bipolar would be my guess. I think that she has overplayed the victim card in that her tragedies supercede everyone elses...

To add to what Mat said, She goes from Garrosh wtfpawnd my nation I want his head on a platter to kill them all Varian kill them all now /smirk Muahahahahahahahaha in 0-60.

I assume fans don't like her bipolarness, devilish stare, and evil tone. The ending cinematic should have been Jaina freezing everyone in the room while she powers up a Final Flash(because Vegeta rocks) Dark Phoenix style, someone(Varian preferably) managing to break free and literally knocking her the hell out THAT would have been bad !@#$!

For references:

Final Flash - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-WIynIzzs

Dark Phoenix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnqupBtPZNI
09/22/2013 06:30 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
She goes from Garrosh wtfpawnd my nation I want his head on a platter to kill them all Varian kill them all now

kill them all now

She didn't say this. She said "dismantle", you can derive any meaning from that you wish but it was clearly about breaking up the Horde as a faction. Which to be fair, the Horde races would be better off under Alliance supervision, because they clearly can't take care of themselves. They can't even lead a war effort right.

Even if Jaina wanted all those leaders to be killed, she wouldn't be in the wrong anyway. Should have strung them up and put a "under new management" sign outside of Orgrimmar. Cept Baine. He wouldn't do anything about it anyway.
She's holding the Horde accountable for their actions and isn't forgiving every last one of them because Garrosh is in custody. This makes her literally worse than Hitler and Satan combined.
09/22/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Mordahn
She didn't say this.

It's the vibe that I got, I mean with her evil tone and devilish stares how could you not get that vibe?

09/22/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Mordahn
Even if Jaina wanted all those leaders to be killed, she wouldn't be in the wrong anyway.

Imo most people don't like her looking like and sounding like villain, personally it rubs me the wrong way. I don't care about her wanting some of the Horde leader executed; I'm sure the feeling is mutual among many of the Horde leaders.
Jaina is my new favorite Alliance hero. She's perfect. She finaly realized the Horde was only a bunch of backstabbers, she distrusts them, she's willing to get the stuff done, she gave us back a city cursed by neutrality and maybe she'll bring a part of the blue flight in the Alliance with that dragon-love thing (I don't care how stupid it is if it brings the blue flight into the Alliance unofficialy). That's why the Horde hates her. In a game where hating the Horde makes you evil, they don't like that an Alliance character finaly realized that getting screwed over and ovver isn't funny at all.
Jaina is my new favorite Alliance hero. She's perfect. She finaly realized the Horde was only a bunch of backstabbers, she distrusts them, she's willing to get the stuff done, she gave us back a city cursed by neutrality and maybe she'll bring a part of the blue flight in the Alliance with that dragon-love thing (I don't care how stupid it is if it brings the blue flight into the Alliance unofficialy). That's why the Horde hates her. In a game where hating the Horde makes you evil, they don't like that an Alliance character finaly realized that getting screwed over and ovver isn't funny at all.

This.

Jaina for human racial leader 2014!

It's the vibe that I got, I mean with her evil tone and devilish stares how could you not get that vibe?

Jaina Proudmoore isn't responsible for your vibes, feelings, assumptions or intuitions. She never said it, so she never said it.
Jaina Proudmoore isn't responsible for your vibes, feelings, assumptions or intuitions. She never said it, so she never said it.

Why are you talking about responsibility? We are talking about why Jaina is receiving so much hate from fans, and contrary to unpopular beliefs it's okay to like some Alliance characters and Horde characters at the same time. I agree with the OP since the Alliance ending was released I have seen countless "omg Jaina is evil" threads, he's trying to figure out why many people feel that way.

I feel that she looks and sounds evil, that's not Jaina. She could have displayed retribution/discontent without sounding like a cartoon villain plotting; and wicked expressions are not becoming of Jaina's character.

I expressed why she give me that vibe and you want to give me a lesson on who's responsibly for my feelings? The thread is not about that at all.