Another Timeless Isle trinket, please?

General Discussion
The 50k coin trinket for dps is pretty bad for fury warriors, it would be really nice if Blizz could add another one in with crit instead of haste, or something so that it would be worth our time grinding/farming out there.

Not much more to say, so I'll leave it at that :)
Haste proc is basically terrible for all strength melee, don't feel too bad. I think they were meant as stopgap trinkets to up ilvl.
I thought it would have been decent for Ret pallies...if not, that would be even more of a shame.
Haste is bad for just about everyone that isn't a spellcaster/Ret Pally.
Haste proc is basically terrible for all strength melee, don't feel too bad. I think they were meant as stopgap trinkets to up ilvl.

I love it, as an Unholy DK.
Haste is bad for just about everyone that isn't a spellcaster/Ret Pally.

I was under the impression it wasn't bad for DKs either.

As far as str melee goes, it's really just Warriors who get left out in the cold.
The point behind it is that it's not supposed to be that good. It's garbage for Fury and Arms, I don't think it's very good in general.
The trinkets are very blah for a lot of specs, actually. It's true that they're intended mostly to raise ilvl, but that doesn't mean that they should be bad.. I mean, Blizzard clearly intended to elevate the trinkets' status above the rest of the gear or they would have allowed curios to be upgraded. Instead you have to buy crap trinkets for 50,000 coins..?
The trinkets are very blah for a lot of specs, actually. It's true that they're intended mostly to raise ilvl, but that doesn't mean that they should be bad.. I mean, Blizzard clearly intended to elevate the trinkets' status above the rest of the gear or they would have allowed curios to be upgraded. Instead you have to buy crap trinkets for 50,000 coins..?

Blizzard doesn't want the trinkets to be better than ToT normal trinkets. Timeless gear is meant entirely to raise ilvl, it's unlikely you'll get well itemized pieces. They're not meant to replace normal ToT gear.
ToT gear was not innocent in regards to being not perfectly itemized. Some pieces of Timeless gear can absolutely be better than some normal ToT gear. It just varies based on class. I don't see how these trinkets being less.... garbage, would be a bad thing.

If they were a lower ilvl, I wouldn't mind better trinkets. I don't want to grind 50k coins to buy a trinket that's better than my talisman (and it'd be hard to find a trinket better than the feather outside of Siege), and I don't want a trinket that is just a timesink that is better than most trinkets in the previous tier raid.

I like the idea of catch up mechanics being in the game, but not as strong as raid gear or previous raid gear. I think that's how it should work, or else a lot of raiders will have to use the catch up mechanic in order to replace weaker pieces... and I don't want to have to do that.

Hey, the move your gear to 535 and match your specification gear drops are pretty off too. They should at least fit the spec.

So if you have Arcane, you get mastery, Fire, you get crit, Frost you get haste, rather than Arcane getting Hit and Crit (for example.

Lots to dislike, but what the heck, it is only temporary.
I'm starting to get into flex, as I really don't want to deal with LFR derp any more and I want to do the best for my team and get good gear - it seems wrong that only certain classes benefit from access to trinkets with useful stats.

I've seen it happen where Blizz has gone back and added items to address a need, and I think this is one here. Who knows how long it will be before I get a good trinket drop from SoO, and I don't have normal-mode trinkets to fall back on.
09/22/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Subzionist
I thought it would have been decent for Ret pallies...if not, that would be even more of a shame.

It's extremely mediocre and anyone who upgrades it, probably lives in LFR-land.

Edit: Case-in-point above me.

09/22/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Subzionist
This whole conversation is almost moot anyway; the siege trinkets are some of the most retarded ones Blizzard has ever implemented and any LFRtard can get one, so to say that the Timeless trinkets are just an ilvl inflation mechanic, I would agree with anyway.

The elitist jerk is strong in this one.

We're all truly sorry we're not as 'leet as you.
If that's how you react to those small morsels, how do you handle an actual elitist going full tilt?
09/22/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Subzionist
probably lives in LFR-land.
09/22/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Subzionist
LFRtard
LFR > Level 1

I'd rather be in LFR and comfortable with my character than be in a position where I am too ashamed/paranoid to post on my main, so I keep rotating alts to post on. A lot of so-called "real raiders" fall into this category. You are really just making yourselves look bad/oblivious to irony.

Good luck to you.
People are trolling themselves now...