Wasted Burden of Eternity

General Discussion
I thought the items upgraded with a burden of eternity were able to be sent to another character (on the same server). I Noticed that the burden was soulbound, so I upgraded a leather item to send to my rogue only to discover that this now produces a soulbound item itself.

Contacting support got a reply that the developers are prohibiting any adjustments in this area, so I am out of luck and out of a valuable Burden of Eternity. Grrrrr....

The system won't let me make an item I can't wear (can't make plate items to DE on my spriest enchanter, for example), but it will let me upgrade a perfectly useless item. That is really annoying.

Do I just remember wrongly or weren't the upgraded templates or Burden of Eternity BOA at some point, so we could send it to an alt?
I'm not sure, and usually I would say that people need to read the items more closely, but there is no warning of "using this will make the item soulbound to you" warning that we usually get with things like this.

The real kicker is the fact that, like you said, I can't open armor types that don't match the character, and therefore can't disenchant the 20 Leather Helms I have. How is it I can open and disenchant 535 items if I am willing to waste a Burden of Eternity, but I can't make a 496 epic to DE?

It's a bit sloppy. I expected a hot fix one way or another.
That is the worse part. I thought you could xfer 535 items at the start, but I may be confused as I noted. The fact it allows you to do it is very annoying, so I have one wasted 535 item that will just get sold for gold.

The fact that the in-game GMs can't do anything is also annoying. I understand that they don't want to get them flooded, but I was willing to wait however long and it is not something I will do more than once. Just give me back the two base ingredients!
We have to make some assumptions:
1) The Burden of Eternity is BOP.
2) It says:
Use: Imbue great power upon an unbound Timeless armor token to create an item appropriate for your loot specialization.
3) Timeless Mail Gloves for example, lets you know what classes the item is for.

I assumed that the Burden of Eternity is best used on a Timeless Cloth Spaulders, for example, since I can actually use that timeless armor piece. I used it on a ring too. I made the assumption (after creating several Timeless items) that the created item will be soul bound to the character/lose the Bound to Account tag, so I assumed that this will be the same when using the Burden of Eternity.

You know what OP, you're right, it can be confusing, they should just tell players exactly what something will do, I don't mind reading a whole books worth of info.

This item Burden of Eternity can feel like a corrupted wish if you use it on a timeless armor that your class can't use.
hmm, meant to post that on my warlock.
Use: Imbue great power upon an unbound Timeless armor token to create an item appropriate for your loot specialization.

the key words here are for "YOUR loot specialization" how anyone reading this would think you could use it to make something for another char is beyond me. Every single timeless item becomes soul bound when created they are only account bound before used.
09/20/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Raxton

the key words here are for "YOUR loot specialization" how anyone reading this would think you could use it to make something for another char is beyond me. Every single timeless item becomes soul bound when created they are only account bound before used.

But you have to understand, there are people that need that kind of instruction, or they go on the forums posting about "Wasted Burden of Eternity".
09/20/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Raxton
how anyone reading this would think you could use it to make something for another char is beyond me.

The fact that one of the main functions of the island is to gear up alts? I guess it is unreasonable to expect it to live up to the expectation they set.

I didn't read the "fine print" and I admitted it. I went by what the intent of the island was. All the items are BOA but the Burden, they are only makeable by a class that can use them, etc. But expecting consistency is unreasonable in your world it seems. Though I bet you consistently get down on people. That seems to be quite a big sport here.

I didn't know I was playing the "car lease game" or the "home closing game." I thought I was playing the World of Warcraft.
wow thanks for the heads up. they should just make the burden boa.
They really need to clarify what it actually does better.
wow thanks for the heads up. they should just make the burden boa.

Part of the point of this post was to warn others. 1 Burden saved is worth all the fan boys...!
I just noticed they have changed this so you cannot upgrade a piece you cannot use! Yeah in that it saved me from upgrading the wrong chest because I wasn't paying attention. Now why can't I get a refund on the one I wasted at the start of this thread?

Though I can't complain too much as I just got 2 Burdens dropping on my horde "main" with a quick lunch run. I almost wasted one upgrading the wrong chest, but that would have been my fault. It lets you start the upgrade, but fails at the end.

Good change Blizzard!