The album that REALLY got you...

Movies, TV and Entertainment
...into your favorite band/artist?

For me, it was Hold Your Fire by Rush. I'd listened to some of their greatest hits and all that, didn't quite get why they were so highly regarded. Then I listened to perfection in the form of Force Ten, Time Stand Still, and Turn the Page, and, well, it's what finally got me thinking 'holy crap, these guys are great!'
Doppelganger by The Fall of Troy.
Act One, Scene One, Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles, and FCPREMIX are the ones that really made me go "holy crap this is amazing".
When I first got into Rammstein it was thanks to the Reise Reise album. The actual song "Reise Reise" is just beautiful. Especially live. Along with songs like Morgenstern, Ohne Dich. And of course Mein Teil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBH6HXidO4

Posting the live version because it's my fav version.
Last Rights by Skinny Puppy
...into your favorite band/artist?

For me, it was Hold Your Fire by Rush. I'd listened to some of their greatest hits and all that, didn't quite get why they were so highly regarded. Then I listened to perfection in the form of Force Ten, Time Stand Still, and Turn the Page, and, well, it's what finally got me thinking 'holy crap, these guys are great!'
\

Hold Your Fire was probably their best mixed album in the 80s. Being a Rush fan myself, the first album that got my attention was Moving Pictures when I was 8. Laying on the back porch and listening to Red Barchetta just got me dreaming.
Meteora - Linkin Park

Cliche, I know.. but damn it was awesome!
Weird Al Yankovic in 3-D

"Eat It, if it's getting cold, reheat it"
Foxxnews reminded me of the first album that really struck me as a good overall album and not just certain songs:
Reanimation by Linkin Park

The first time I heard it in elementary school I thought it was just some meaningless noise. It wasn't till I was in 9th grade that I really thought that the tracks were just amazing. The scratching is superb, the mix is fantastic, the atmosphere on each track is dark and fascinating (with the exception of the upbeat and energetic H! Vltg3), and the guest cameos are legendary. Chali 2Na dropping rhymes on Frgt 10 is one of my favorite verses of all time.
Dragonslayer by Dream evil. that album is considered by me their only great album (all their others are kinda 1 good song, 9 rushed ones imo). when i first heard it though, i was stunned. it was when i was first getting into metal in high school.

i was like "No way, a metal band that sings about knights and dragons and wizards and stuff. its warcraft metal!" open the gate to me for power metal. also what would eventually be my favorite band of all time, Iron maiden.
Under a Violet Moon by Blackmoore's Night. I love the style of music and whenever I need something to soothe my spirit that's the album I put on. I really need to get some more of their work.

Seriously check them out sometime they're great.
Led Zeppelin 1 by...I think you can guess who.
Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd.
propagandhi - failed states
black sabbath by um black sabbath. was rainy,dark and thundering the first time i heard the wizard from that album. first time i had heard black sabbath period. was also the first time i indulged in a certain herb at a cousins house...wow that album grabbed me so hard.
Advance and Follow by VNV Nation.

Was my first experience with the darker side of electronic music, a change from things like Daft Punk and Eiffel 65 I liked when I was little. Was really enjoying it but was completely hooked the moment I heard their song Cold. The pounding bass line, the catchy glitchy beat, the loud drum, and Ronan Harris's vocals were just wrapped perfectly together.
Nevermind - Nirvana
Nevermind - Nirvana

I was about ready to mention that. Smells like Teen Spirit is unforgettable and I LOVE Nirvana.
The Mantle by Agalloch

They're an amazing combination of folk rock built around a foundation of black metal, with some shoegaze added as well. The ambience of the album is simply stunning.
Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles for my psychedelic phase.

Meddle by Pink Floyd for my Prog Rock phase.

Pretty Hate Machine by Nine Inch Nails for my angsty phase.

Funkydesertbreaks 2, mixed by John Kelley, for my EDM phase (still going strong).