Flex...

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Just like many of us predicted Flex destroyed LFR. Some things I am glad to see.

-People that otherwise would NOT raid are doing Flex in lieu of LFR.
-LFR is dying a natural death without raiders having to carry 15-20 people.
-The community exists now.
-Everyone in groups participates/no more AFKs.
-It is faster than LFR (like we anti-LFR people also predicted).
-Most importantly, people are enjoying themselves without ruining what MMOs are all about.

Brilliant move by Blizzard. LFR should have been Flex, but that is over now. Lets just move forward as LFR circles the drain. What a terrific step in the right direction, please don't cave Blizzard.

Edit: I'd like to point out to people that kept harping on how raiders were elitists/wanted the "special snowflake" treatment that your entire argument is now invalidated. I do normal and heroic raids while current (not all heroics at all mind you) and let me say that if this were true we would be up in arms about 540 ilvl/BoAs in Flex. Raiding has never been about the gear, please remember this.

I love Flex and I hope everyone that plays WoW ends up in at least a full 540 ilvl flex gear or more. The only caveat, you have to earn it. Just like we always wanted.
Agreed 100%!
I do love flex but I still run LFR. Its a double shot at upgrades.
LFR isn't dying. In fact, for many people like myself who enjoy BOTH flex and LFR, we'll continue to use LFR to valor cap and fill in the odd gear gaps.

People are having trouble because we have short memory spans. EVERY boss is a PiA the first day/week and sometimes second week. Once people start getting used to mechanics and getting their gear, it'll become easier and easier and easier.
PS, without OQueue, I don't know that Flex would be possible for me. Blizzard, hire the people who make that addon. Your game isn't as good without it. You owe em.
09/24/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Monsters
-It is faster than LFR
This is what I would not have believed until I experienced it. I really could log on and do a raid in an hour or two and be done with it and have some friends out of it.

I personally wished the community would be more willing to let people in their raids. Until that changes we will always need an LFR. But I like Flex. Once I get over this RNG slump I don't think I'll use LFR. It truly is getting bad in there.
LFR isn't dying. In fact, for many people like myself who enjoy BOTH flex and LFR, we'll continue to use LFR to valor cap and fill in the odd gear gaps.

People are having trouble because we have short memory spans. EVERY boss is a PiA the first day/week and sometimes second week. Once people start getting used to mechanics and getting their gear, it'll become easier and easier and easier.

For starters, it is dying. Look at queue times. Secondly, I had no trouble one/two shotting bosses in Flex. There is a reason things aren't being one shot in LFR, no one wants to deal with that cess pool anymore.

For starters, it is dying. Look at queue times. Secondly, I had no trouble one/two shotting bosses in Flex. There is a reason things aren't being one shot in LFR, no one wants to deal with that cess pool anymore.

Really, are you saying that with YOUR armory? I'm surprised you've done anything in SoO LFR if you despise it so much.

And queue times are queue times. As DPS, my queue time for LFR has always been between 30-40 min and this week is no different.
My GM has some understandable restrictions on who can go to the guild Flex (515 ilv and silver in your roles challenge mode). I'm only using LFR for the ilv boost to do flex with my guild.
09/24/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Teninchlock
PS, without OQueue, I don't know that Flex would be possible for me. Blizzard, hire the people who make that addon. Your game isn't as good without it. You owe em.

Its funny that blizzard intentionally broke oqueue at some point because they didn't like the fact that it was being used to form huge premade groups for random bgs which wasn't fun for the randomly grouped players on the other side.

Now its this great addon for pve that's saving wow for a lot of players on low pop servers.
Im glad to see that this is the result of Flex raiding. Though I, having run LFR today on my monk, and also saddened by this. The group wiped 5 times on Sha of Pride before I had to log off because I didnt have the time to raid any longer.

I like the idea of LFR, though with people going in there and afking or preforming sub par out of laziness just ruins it for me. Though with my life the way it is, LFR really is the only way to go atm. I almost never have time to log on and do more than 1 wing of LFR and even then I have to do it on a character that can heal it so I can get a quick queue. You might say "Why not just go into trade and hop into a pug flex raid? Would be quicker than waiting on an LFR queue and you would get better loot and more pleasurable play experience?" I would agree with you, but I usually play the game on mute or with netflix open in a bigger window so my GF can watch it while I play. So being in an actual raid wouldnt work because I would have to vent it, and I wouldnt be able to just walk away when needed.

I hope I can get into a flex raid sometime, though I just dont see it happening any time soon. Glad that flex is working out so well with the community though. =) Step in the right direction blizzard =)
My GM has some understandable restrictions on who can go to the guild Flex (515 ilv and silver in your roles challenge mode). I'm only using LFR for the ilv boost to do flex with my guild.

If I was in your guild I would be deemed "not good enough" for Flex. I am Bronze in PG's and I am under 515.

Just saying bro. The best way to gear up is to do Flex and get gear...
Just like many of us predicted Flex destroyed LFR. Some things I am glad to see.

-People that otherwise would NOT raid are doing Flex in lieu of LFR.
-LFR is dying a natural death without raiders having to carry 15-20 people.
-The community exists now.
-Everyone in groups participates/no more AFKs.
-It is faster than LFR (like we anti-LFR people also predicted).
-Most importantly, people are enjoying themselves without ruining what MMOs are all about.

Brilliant move by Blizzard. LFR should have been Flex, but that is over now. Lets just move forward as LFR circles the drain. What a terrific step in the right direction, please don't cave Blizzard.

Blizzard is already planning nerfs to naz...

Oh well try again next time

Not the intended audience.....

Blue post

How many teeth are missing from the average Flex audience member? Are they shirtless? Have they been on "COPS"?
Our hope is that they are pretty normal players who put a premium on playing with friends and family over progression. (Source)
A traditional raiding guild might boot a nice player with low DPS. The intended flex audience would never dream of it. (Source)

Really, are you saying that with YOUR armory? I'm surprised you've done anything in SoO LFR if you despise it so much.

And queue times are queue times. As DPS, my queue time for LFR has always been between 30-40 min and this week is no different.

Yes, sadly this ALT has done mostly LFR this expac cause I cannot raid on two characters. I think I went to LFR once to see what it was like/upgrade a weapon, but nice try.

Edit: Yeah, you got me champ. I killed 3 bosses on LFR since Flex came out, boy is my face red.
/pity
Yes, sadly this ALT has done mostly LFR this expac cause I cannot raid on two characters. I think I went to LFR once to see what it was like/upgrade a weapon, but nice try.

Actually, according to your armory, you've gone into LFR plenty of times on that particular character. But hey, hypocrisy is fun, isn't it?
09/24/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Huggywuggles

Actually, according to your armory, you've gone into LFR plenty of times on that particular character. But hey, hypocrisy is fun, isn't it?

Reading isn't your strong point so I'll use small words. Since Flex came out I killed 3 bosses in LFR...got that? If not read again.

This is an ALT (also known as an alternative character, denoting that I don't use this character primarily) that I tried to keep in decent gear and LFR was my only way...got that? If not keep reading it till it sinks in.
You think killing LFR is a good thing for the future of wow. Ok.
Do I have to get on vent in order to run in a Flex group? If so then nah I'll pass.

Thats too social for me.