Titan Runestones / Secrets of the Empire

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I ran all 3 wings of Flex SoO. I then got the quest to collect secret of the empire. My question is can I still kill those bosses in SoO for a shot at more secrets this week or is it one kill a week chance with or without the quest?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Rewriting this to make it clearer with how drops for Wrathion's Legendary drops work in Patch 5.4.

• The chance for the item to drop is one attempt per eligible boss, per week across all difficulties.
  • The chance for the item to drop is the same regardless of difficulty mode.
  • Lei Shen and Sha of Pride are 100% guaranteed to drop the item that you need.
  • - Note: If you have already obtained a drop for a different item earlier in the week such as Secrets of the Empire, they will not drop a Titan Runestone if they are defeated again in the same week.

• For The Strength of One's Foes where you collect 10xSigil of Power and 10xSigil of Wisdom they can drop from bosses in the following locations:

• Mogu'shan Vaults
  • Heart of Fear
  • Terrace of Endless Spring
  • Throne of Thunder
  • Siege of Orgrimmar (only the first 2 wings)
  • - Vale of Eternal Sorrows
  • - Gates of Retribution

• For Secrets of the First Empire where you collect 20xSecrets of the Empire, it can drop from bosses in the following locations:

• Throne of Thunder
  • - Gates of Retribution

• For Echoes of the Titans where you collect 12xTitan Runestone. The item can drop from:

• Throne of Thunder (only wings 3 and 4)
  • - Halls of Flesh-Shaping
  • - Pinnacle of Storms
  • - Gates of Retribution
  • As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Fear is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line.

Sha of Fear? He's in ToES. Sha of Pride is the 4th boss if you meant him, but the 8th boss in SoO is Nazgrim.
    According to Wowhead's comments, you will still be eligible for them as long as you haven't had the quest when you killed those bosses for the first time.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94593#comments:id=1831896:reply=686682

That's for ToT bosses, but I think it's pretty likely it's the same way with SoO ones.
    so LFR, Flex, and Normal SoO are tied together for the drops?.. that is rip..
    After reading the comments on WowHead, it would seem the answer is no. Since I killed the SoO bosses before getting the quest, I will not have a shot at getting them this week.

Sadface.

Thanks for the replies.
    ya i think this is something the devs need to fix, as the drop rate sucks as is..
    ya i think this is something the devs need to fix, as the drop rate sucks as is..

What part of "Legendary" do people not understand?
    It's only 1 attempt per boss per week across all difficulties.

If you already completed Siege of Orgrimmar wings 1 and 2 for Secrets of the Empire they won't drop a Titan Runestone. If you haven't completed Throne of Thunder wings 3 and 4 though, you can run that with Lei Shen being a 100% guaranteed drop..

As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Fear is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line.

Why would they drop a Titan Runestone anyway if you're on the Secrets of the Empire part?
    10/02/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Flamable

Endar always confuses me. Isn't that where the Ewoks live? Why do I need an Ewok cloak?

If you already completed Siege of Orgrimmar wings 1 and 2 for Secrets of the Empire they won't drop a Titan Runestone. If you haven't completed Throne of Thunder wings 3 and 4 though, you can run that with Lei Shen being a 100% guaranteed drop..

As a side note, only the first 8 bosses in SoO have a chance (Sha of Fear is 100% guaranteed just like Lei Shen) to drop items for Wrathion's legendary quest line.

Why would they drop a Titan Runestone anyway if you're on the Secrets of the Empire part?

I think he was using that for a comparison. If I killed the bosses to get my last secret, I couldn't then go in and re-kill the bosses for a chance at Runestones. Conversely, I cannot go back and kill bosses for secrets if i already killed them, even though i killed them before i had quest.

By Fear do you mean Pride, or do you actually mean Sha of Fear as in Terrace Sha of Fear dropping a guaranteed Runestone/Secret?

By Fear do you mean Pride, or do you actually mean Sha of Fear as in Terrace Sha of Fear dropping a guaranteed Runestone/Secret?

More than likely he means the Sha of Fear drops a guaranteed sigil, as that's the only quest drop there is in the 5.0 raids.

Edit: It should also be noted though that -drops- are only 1 attempt per boss. However, loot specific to a boss (chimera of fear, lei shen's heart) can be looted off that boss as long as you're on the quest, regardless of whether or not you've killed them already that week (as in, you can get your last runestone off Leishen, go turn in the quest, then go kill Lei Shen -again- to loot his heart).

What he means is that if you get your last secrets off of those bosses and proceed to the titan runestone part, you can't get titan runestones off of the bosses you already did for secrets.
    so LFR, Flex, and Normal SoO are tied together for the drops?.. that is rip..

No, it's just fine. It was done that way on purpose so folks don't feel like they need to down every boss on 2-3 difficulties every week for a chance at a drop. Once per week, per boss, is completely fair to all players and keeps folks sane.
    10/02/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Flamable

The part where I have it on alts and would have it on more if I wasn't caring enough to do the grind on toons I play once a week if that. Really does feel that legendary that said I will keep the tank gem forever unless they make it unusable at 100 or w/e the next level is.
    this quest chain more of a legendary pain than fun....
    Secrets of the Empire and Titan Runestone both need 100% guaranteed drop becease sheer amount need makes it take months and months..
    better yet why don't ya make need less of either keep at this droprate is one way to deal with it..
    or even better idea make need less and make drops 100% guaranteed
    "Legendary" part worn off way before got deeper in it quest with sigils taking the longest time.
    from start of Mop after getting in raids .
    just wait till you have to do that sha guy in the forge after failing for an hour I just deleted the quest... I wont be getting a legendary on this character I guess