Into the Ground!!!... RIP Heroic Leap

Warrior
1 2 3 6 Next
Fury

* Heroic Leap now deals [ 50% Attack Power ] damage (up from 100% Weapon damage) within 8 yards (up from 5 yards) but no longer stuns.
I thought it was fine the way it was. Been playing with it on beta.
Well as a tank i looked forward to this as an "oh %@@# my healer is getting hit" ability where i could leap across the room, stun that mob/mobs and save my healer/party member ect

now atleast i get to save a bar slot
Did people complain about the stun??? I have not notice anything on the forums about it. O well, if they were I'm sure they will just complain that is dose too much damage now.
the stun was one of the dumbest things ever for dr tracking and being stun locked by the warrior. on beta you could lock someone down for a long time with 4 different stuns and a pummel who all are on very short CD's.
I understand that this is with the ultimate goal of balance... but god this would have been useful for so many reasons.
Wasn't the entire point of Heroic Leap the fact that it stunned so the people were still there when you landed? There's no point to the ability if enemies can just run from it.
Heroic Leap now sucks as a gap closer, news at 11.
Sam won't enjoy hearing this.
So without heroic leap, whats going to be different between tanking at 80 and tanking at 85?

So without heroic leap, whats going to be different between tanking at 80 and tanking at 85?

Heroic Leap made a difference in tanking at 85?
I thought it was good so that when tanks charged in the mobs wouldn't already be 10 yards behind them due to that positioning issue. The stun would keep them where we landed.

I thought it was going to be the new "opener"

Looks like not much. I'm not that terribly upset by that either. I enjoy the current Prot play style, minus B&T. It would be nice to have a shiny new ability, but the old abilities in new content should be fun enough for me.

I've kinda accepted that Heroic Leap will just be an "oh s**t" gap closer when both Charge and Intercept are on CD. It's pretty rare, but I'm sure we'll find a way to exploit, I mean....use it.

Edit: I guess it's still not a bad way to start a pull with the AoE damage. I'll just have to wait and try it out.
Well, maybe our abilities will get new icons to compensate! Don't lose hope fellow warriors!

OMFG!!!!

That would be so awesome!

Execute should be a little picture of a warrior strangling a paladin.

Execute should be a little picture of a warrior futilely attempting to strangle a paladin in a bubble that heals for 5x the damage taken & is working as intended.

Fix't for joo.
Yup. 50% AP > 100% Weapon dmg at 0 vengeance so it only gets better if you can start the next pull while you still have some veng leftover from the prior one. The loss of the stun is actually not a terrible thing in PVE since we'll be applying a Shockwave to them all shortly & stunning all the mobs for that long would kill rage, let alone that extra vengeance we managed to store up on the last pack. This version is much better for PVE. As for PVP... well, I don't think I PVP enough to really speak for that with any sort of authority. I can see how the additional stun would've been nice, but (for prot pvp anyway) kinda overkill with CB, Intercept & Shockwave (& in my case, racial.)