Cataclysm Release Time

Oceanic Guild Recruitment

Edit: Where is this 5 hours crap coming from.. I cant put my finger on it... are these people saying that some how Americans will get it before Australians, 5 hours later?

Whoever started this horrific rumor need to go back to grade 6 math

Heres where they're getting it from.

If EB were to do a midnight launch in Australia, we would be receiving our copies of the game 5 hours later than Americans, due to a 5 hour time difference. People who digitally upgrade can play at the same time as Americans due to already having the game data downloaded, or people who get it from EB stores who are selling it at 7pm can play a short time later (getting home, installing etc)
I got my digital download today, its the only choice imo. Cheaper AND you can get leveling the second the servers go live (7.01pm AEDST). Although id still like to have the actual box for it tho to go with my other ones. XD
I find it hard to believe any EB store in Melbourne will be selling it at midnight on the 7th - my teeny tiny local store is going to be open at 7pm on the 7th to sell it.

(Of course, some EB stores might run into problems with the owners of the shopping centres they're in, which would preclude them from opening at certain times.)
Digital copy :)

I went online one day to find that
WoTLK was only $10 AUD and so I upgraded my account, funny cause I always said I would when cata came out because I've only recently obtained some money I decided to buy it :) then a battle.net ad, advertised a digital Pre order moments later, I bought it seeing as it was 50% cheaper than WoTLK originally was on it's release date.
That's my story.

I don't know what you guys learnt in school but when I was ten( only 9years ago) i learnt time zone differences, though it may sound like we are only able to play 19 hrs after the Americans can , that's a mere illusion, stop confusing youselves, it is a SIMULTANIOUS release, and in fact not an anger provoking phuck up!!

I know why blz doing this to us.

They cant make sure the server can take that much Pressure when 12PDT.So,they cut off our midnight event that we can not login untill most USA player got online.
Eb at Forest Hill Chase (Melbourne Suburb) is doing the 7pm thing. Looks like it's pretty universal.

Went to midnight launch of WOTLK and hated it.

I may even pick up my CE edition the next day. Honestly I CBF waiting in line with the smelly nerds.
11/09/2010 6:15 PMPosted by Jamiea
So I just went to my local GAME and they said you can't get the hard copy till 7pm. That's 5 hours AFTER the servers come up. I wish they had of announced the digital download before I pre-ordered :@

Anyone else disappointed by this?

7pm AEDST is midnight release. 6pm for QLD. 4pm for WA.
Wait, they're allowed to push the release back in Aus? That's nuts. I just got emailed about my collectors edition that they're not allowed to even ship it until the 8th, which is completely nuts given that the only way to get it to me on time would be to ship it on the 6th... and they're letting retailers push back the release time?

At least they have half a brain, I guess.
I was on the belief you can buy the game whenever on Tuesday, just cant access anything until 7pm but that not true... so I get it off online now instead, not waiting around my work until 7pm to get the game (as I pre-ordered it near my work) I get it the next day and give that one to the kids for xmas lol
seriously where do u get 5 hours from. The time difference is 19 hours not 5
12/02/2010 7:00 PMPosted by Local

Edit: Where is this 5 hours crap coming from.. I cant put my finger on it... are these people saying that some how Americans will get it before Australians, 5 hours later?

If EB were to do a midnight launch in Australia, we would be receiving our copies of the game 5 hours later than Americans, due to a 5 hour time difference. People who digitally upgrade can play at the same time as Americans due to already having the game data downloaded, or people who get it from EB stores who are selling it at 7pm can play a short time later (getting home, installing etc)

EB's original intentions was a Midnight (12:00am) release on the 7th of December AEST TIME. That would mean, we would have gotten the retail copy 19 hours AHEAD/BEFORE the US, and before the expansion would've been activated on live servers.
I really don't see what all the fuss is about with the time of release, the content is not available until a specific time for everyone so why bother waiting until 6-7pm for retail release? I pre-ordered some copies at EB but went and got my deposit back, digital download was $18 per copy cheaper and I can be into the new content sooner.
I have my CE tightly clutched in my hands right now. Will be installed and ready for a tomorrow 7pm start.
12/05/2010 3:29 AMPosted by Fleuret
12/02/2010 7:00 PMPosted by Local

EB's original intentions was a Midnight (12:00am) release on the 7th of December AEST TIME. That would mean, we would have gotten the retail copy 19 hours AHEAD/BEFORE the US, and before the expansion would've been activated on live servers.

This is the correct answer. We are getting it the same time as the US. People need to chillax.
I just got an SMS saying Cataclysm will be available at EB as soon as the doors open this morning.
I got the same sms too Rajiin. To pick it up when the local store opens this morning. North Queensland here, don't know if it's any different elsewhere?
EB Games Australia has put up on facebook that its available for purchase NOW

i called them up to confirm, asking if that means i can pick my preorder up any time today, which was confirmed over the phone.

heading in later today to pick it up. Will be playing Cataclysm the second servers go live :D