Burden of Eternity & Underbudget Items

General Discussion
Hi - I wanted to get others experiences with this. I've made 5 items using burdens of eternity and have immediately vendored 3 of them. In the cases I've vendored them, the use has returned to me a single stat of hit/spirit, and that amount is also of such a low quantity of the stat that I don't find them comparable as upgrades over 522 or 530 gear. They seem to have stats which make them comparable with 509-ish gear which is very odd given the 535 item level.

Furthermore, in one particular instance I found the actual amount of stamina on the items were lower than 516 bracers I had acquired from a heroic scenario.

Has anyone else noticed that Burden's of Eternity produce underbudget items?
Also in your case 6 out of the ten random secondary stats only have one for example
.....of the decimator
+1596 crit
This peice only has one stat for a total of 1596
.....of the windstorm
+1093 crit
+1093 mastery
This peice has two stats on it so 2186 which is much more stats

Yes, I was definitely noticing this on the one stat items. I do have a two stat item and it is one of the ones which I kept.

So just find a peice of timeless gear with 2 stats on them and it'll be better.
Though as i said before 522 gear is better because it has sockets

Well, you don't know whether you have a one or two stat item until you use the burden, right?
so, your complaining about free gear not being the best stats that it can be every time you use an RNG mechanic like a burden to upgrade it?
One issue is that ppl use that gear to meet LFR iLvl requirement when gear iLvl is incorrect.

Other issue is that ppl (especially applies to tanks and heals) w.o most basic skill for their class get it and again head to LFR.

This is one of the main reasons why SoO LFR is such a huge waste of everyone's time.
so, your complaining about free gear not being the best stats that it can be every time you use an RNG mechanic like a burden to upgrade it?

Not a complaint, so much as just asking for clarification/verification.

And yes, OP, Timeless items are generally badly itemized. They amount to basically ilvl stat sticks to get you into raids, you're honestly better off foregoing them for the most part and just picking up pieces from LFR/FLex/etc.

It's pretty much due to the nature of being almost completely RNG. This is the 'price' we pay for being able to get 535 items as drops, they're subject to RNG, unlike valor gear which could've been higher ilvl and somewhat better statwise.
10/06/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Firestyle
Hi - I wanted to get others experiences with this. I've made 5 items using burdens of eternity and have immediately vendored 3 of them.

I'm averaging about 3 burdens to get one piece of wearable gear and even with that only my helm has the best itemization, the rest have been immediately DE'd.

Thanks to the lack of sockets the best slots to use them for are.

Helm - meta+gem socket & socket bonus is the same as the raid drops and can use the Wrathion Meta
Neck - none of the SoO neck pieces have gem sockets (though some of the ToT do and might be better).
Wrist - none of the SoO wrists have gem sockets
Ring - for some reason there's only 1 SoO dps caster ring with a gem socket.

The only items that do have gem slots are the Head and Chest peices. Which only have one gem slot, not including the Meta gem for the headpeice.

Legs have a single socket as well.
The only items that do have gem slots are the Head and Chest peices. Which only have one gem slot, not including the Meta gem for the headpeice.

The head pieces are actually the only piece of Timeless gear that is fine in that regards.

Legs also have 1 gem slots whereas most raid pieces have 2-3.

LFR's intent is for players who cannot commit long hours into the game are able to actually experience the content. Not gear !@#$% themselves.

This is wrong, no matter how many times it is repeated. Blizzard's intent for LFR is both as a way to see content and as an alternate progression path for people that do not raid on a schedule.
Kwik, did you say free? (lol) been farming for two days, and ZERO dropped. I think blizz dialed down the drop rate of the burdens of eternity a bit much. without those, island is useless. back to the drawing board blizzzzz. So if you didn't get all you need the first two week (before they killed drop rate) too late now.
Kwik, did you say free? (lol) been farming for two days, and ZERO dropped. I think blizz dialed down the drop rate of the burdens of eternity a bit much. without those, island is useless. back to the drawing board blizzzzz. So if you didn't get all you need the first two week (before they killed drop rate) too late now.

I think an appropriate level of rarity is to be appreciated. I do however think that that level of rarity should come along with a stat budget consistent with item level; which I do not feel is apparent with items from burdens of eternity which contain a single secondary stat (and stamina should be looked into).

If the want the items to be lower in quality, then lower the item levels. If they want the items to be rarer, but of the same level of quality, then ensure that items that are created in this manner have a stat budget allocated to them consistent with their item level.
I have now two toons that have not even got a Burden of Eternity yet. Still waiting for one to drop. ( in before players say about the blazing chest right up top has 100% drop rate....it does not, have two toons that did not get a drop )

No he's complaining that it's producing underbudget items.

Wrong stats I can deal with.

Not enough stats for the item level is just bogus.

Eh, it's easy to obtain and cheap gear.
The single secondary stat pieces are crap. They aren't equivalent to il535.

^

Eh, it's easy to obtain and cheap gear.

I'd agree with you if I could update items with burdens that I already knew the stats of.

I've not seen many burdens. Risking the few I've gotten on possibly underbudgeted items annoys me.

As I've said, bad stats doesn't bother me. Not enough stats for item level is bogus.

They've done many rebalancing shots at gear that are underbudget. Why they allowed underbudget items here is beyond me unless they just overlooked it when shoving it out asap.