Legendary cloak in pvp?

Hunter
So I just resubbed a couple of days ago and the first thing I did was get my cloak seeing I was right on the part of getting it to legendary. Now my friend wants me to do some arenas and rbgs with him and some friends, is the legendary cloak worth using in pvp? Or does it just get over shadowed by stuff with pvp power, right now my current pvp cloak is just a 483.

I need opinions on this.
I heard something about it not procing on players, and that combined with ilvl scaling would make pvp cloaks better.
it scales down to the current top end PVP gear ilv, and both the legendary meta and the legendary cloak effect refuse to proc in PVP environments (rated BG or arena). World pvp, on the other hand, the cloak and meta work just fine.
Thanks for the info! Had a feeling the proc was nerfed in pvp, guess it's just pvp gear for it.
I was attacking a horde pally in goldshire and my cloak proced o.o
I was attacking a horde pally in goldshire and my cloak proced o.o

Thats world PVP, the cloak (and meta) work in world pvp, they do not work in rated bgs, or in arena, and their ilvs are scaled down to match the stats/ilv of the current end game PVP gear.
Im curious, I've been in arenas with y son and when I check "what happened to me", I can see Flurry of Xuen was top damage contributor towards me from opponent.

Is that a glitch or just the system reading the damage taken incorrectly?

This has happened several times with different opponents.
its all hunters =)
10/05/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Eurugan
World pvp, on the other hand, the cloak and meta work just fine.

Not quite. The cloak can not proc off a player, but procs that hit a mob can be directed onto a player by targeting them.
I would mention that if your cloak is currently only 483, the legendary will be better. Once you get a grievous or prideful cloak, you can put that on.
Well, for one i can not wait to get my legendary cloak.
Hi! Being that ilevel scales dramatically in pvp, an ilevel 600 cloak would lose a ton of major stats, as well as not be able to proc onto players. Your best bet is to get a PVP cloak for PVP purposes (RBGs, arena, ect.). In world pvp settings, don't be afraid to use the stat-lucious cloak for your devious needs ;).
If you're doing PvP, you want to be in full Prideful. There is no PvE gear that is better for PvP because all of it scales down equally.
05/19/2014 09:04 PMPosted by Sltenrfricai
f you're doing PvP, you want to be in full Prideful. There is no PvE gear that is better for PvP because all of it scales down equally.

Something that I've been wondering about lately, with all my bg farming for the Bloodthirsty title. Yes, the legendary cloak does scale down, but are the 3 secondary stats + a gem any better than http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/102705??