Timeless Isle too frustrating to play?

Customer Support
I played the 10 day trial on my lvl 85, decided I wanted to come back to WoW. I talked two friends to come too.
What a mistake. Same old problems. My friends bought a month and have already stopped, I bought 6 months.
1) Unwanted PVP rampant in new area, I thought you learned from Sunwell about new expansions. I am Horde on a 80% Alliance server, they blow up the corpse and PVP flag themselves then stand on the corpse so you cannot loot for fear of attacking them. I started turning them in, but two weeks later the same people doing the same thing. Sunwell taught you nothing? PVP in a new area is as stupid as me believing you learned how to keep new areas fair to all.
2) Player harassment:
training mobs is commonplace on parties waiting for rares
blowing up rare corpses as 20 people try to loot
PVP flagged players standing on or by mobs in combat trying for a fight
3) Waterwalking potion still not 100%. I have lost half the Evermaw kills because I take a potion and it DOES NOT WORK. Other classes and mounts have a 100% working waterwalk, why not the potion? I take the potion and do not take damage, not in combat and sit in the water while others kill Evermaw.
4) Rares have way too much AOE and to little life leading to a lot of deaths and even more insufficient DPS for loot attempts
5) Loot is way too slow

Suggestions:
Stop all PVP except duels and voluntary flagging on the island, if I accidentally hit someone of the opposite side, nothing should happen unless I am flagged. That means flagging to help in a PVP fight, not just heal or damage. WoW has no friendly fire damage.
Rares need at least double the HP except maybe Evermaw.
Fix waterwalking once and for all, make us click it off if you have to let us get under water, but make it 100% work.
Stop rare corpse looting all together. If you deserve loot you get a message at the end of the fight what you got in your bags.

I could not find my Sunwell post, but it seems to be exactly the same here on Timeless Isle. You eventually fixed Sunwell, so I assumed Timeless isle would work well.
10/14/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Dooa
Stop all PVP

Not going to happen, WoW is a PvP game, there is no such thing as a "no PvP" server. Normal servers just allow you to have more control over when you PvP, they do not mean that you are immune from PvP at all times. It is not against the rules to trick others into flagging for PvP.
After reading #5 I decided you can't be serious. No one could honestly think getting loot in the timeless isle is too slow
PVP in a new area is as stupid as me believing you learned how to keep new areas fair to all.

Timeless Isle was not designed to be a sanctuary zone. If PvP happens, then it happens and that is how the game is designed. Tricking players to flag for PvP has always been a legitimate tactic since the game released on day one. That will most likely never go away.

Waterwalking potion still not 100%.

While you can certainly use those, an item was provided to help fight Evermaw for those who do not have water walking spells - Cursed Swabby Helmet

Rares have way too much AOE and to little life leading to a lot of deaths and even more insufficient DPS for loot attempts

I actually find that fun. But challenges are my thing in video games. To each their own.
I am Horde on a 80% Alliance server, they blow up the corpse and PVP flag themselves then stand on the corpse so you cannot loot for fear of attacking them

You can avoid this simply by going into the game settings and checking that 'loot with left click' is activate.. This way you won't attack any pvp flagged griefers who want to stand on corpses.

Waterwalking potion still not 100%. I have lost half the Evermaw kills because I take a potion and it DOES NOT WORK

All you need is ONE hit on evermaw.. That's all it takes to get onto the hit table and to be awarded loot upon evermaws death. It's up to you to make sure you get to the corpse as soon as you can..

There are other items you can use that are available at the island, such as the helmet obtained from the diving monkeys in one area. This will allow you to swim/move at considerable speed, faster than evermaw.. So you can keep up.

You can also use the water walking beetle mount, as you can mount up merely seconds after evermaw is out of range again.

4) Rares have way too much AOE and to little life leading to a lot of deaths and even more insufficient DPS for loot attempts

Not been a problem for any of my clothie toons actually. Simply get out of the way

5) Loot is way too slow

What?

If you are talking about having to wait when 20+ players all try to loot the elite, simply spam SHIFT+CLICK.. Seriously, this is only seconds of your precious time.

Suggestions:
Stop all PVP except duels and voluntary flagging on the island, if I accidentally hit someone of the opposite side, nothing should happen unless I am flagged. That means flagging to help in a PVP fight, not just heal or damage. WoW has no friendly fire damage.
Rares need at least double the HP except maybe Evermaw.
Fix waterwalking once and for all, make us click it off if you have to let us get under water, but make it 100% work.
Stop rare corpse looting all together. If you deserve loot you get a message at the end of the fight what you got in your bags.

I could not find my Sunwell post, but it seems to be exactly the same here on Timeless Isle. You eventually fixed Sunwell, so I assumed Timeless isle would work well.

Sorry but there are no developers here to hear you whine about most things that are well within your own control. You'll need to post in the general forum (yes, I am aware that active accounts only can post there *shrugs*

Good luck.
3) Waterwalking potion still not 100%. I have lost half the Evermaw kills because I take a potion and it DOES NOT WORK. Other classes and mounts have a 100% working waterwalk, why not the potion? I take the potion and do not take damage, not in combat and sit in the water while others kill Evermaw.

You're a hunter. Go tame a strider, or one of those new bug looking critters that skim over the water (cannot think of the name, sorry). They give you a water walking buff. That should help.

However - you do not need to water walk to kill Evermaw. You can swim and shoot. He'll get too far away and you'll drop combat, but then you can mount up and catch up to him.

1) Unwanted PVP rampant in new area, I thought you learned from Sunwell about new expansions. I am Horde on a 80% Alliance server, they blow up the corpse and PVP flag themselves then stand on the corpse so you cannot loot for fear of attacking them.

Left click to interact. Turn off auto-attack.
Just FYI - when you use a water walking potion and you fall into/under water, just jump. As long as you haven't taken damage, and you can tell as the potion buff goes away when that happens, it will almost always put you back up on the top of the water.

The rest of your issues will get much better as you get a little better gear. Just from the chests, rares, and lfr you can get gear good enough to solo a lot of the rares. On my husbands hunter he is able to send his pet in to get loot. I believe that is a glyph and is very handy. I hate pvp. I never do world pvp. I never get pvp flagged while looting or anything else on timeless isle. I have been spending many hours a day there.