Fury warrior in need of help

Warrior
I have always been arms/prot warrior, but only because ive never had two good wepons, i now have the two good ones and i am only pulling 3k dps....

my gear is 5.4 and im using the bone axe and the 10 man icc sword...so its not the gear....

please help
Let's see.... you're not even trying, are you?

Glyphs - more than half are empty, most of the rest are not correct at all. Get Raging Blow, Bloodthirst and I think Slam for Primes. Everything else is quite optional, take your pick.

Spec - why do you have 2 points in Blitz? Put them in Incite. The rest is fine, more or less.

Gems and enchants - Are you trolling? Get the belt buckle and BS gems. Get all the missing enchants.

Get Hit as close to 27% as possible. That means reforging all the haste to Hit. Get Expertise to 23. Don't gem Str for now, just Hit, Crit and Expertise. Put the ax in your main hand.
Priority is HS>BT>Raging Blow. Don't bother with Slam procs. Use Berserker Rage for when you're not Enraged. Don't forget to use Battle Shout for extra rage whenever possible.

That's all for now, will add more if I notice more.

Well for starters your gear is seriously under enchanted.

Use the Bryntroll in your main hand and you will see a massive increase in damage.

Put the berserking enchant on both weapons. Or greater savagry if you just plain cant afford berserking. +23 haste to cloak. The Helm enchant from The ebon blade quarter master and the shoulders from the sons of hodir. You need the +75 AP +22 crit leg enchant (forgot what its called) +44 AP to gloves +15 hit/crit to boots +50 AP to bracers +10 stats to chest.

Dont gem for haste, and add the eternal belt buckle/your BS sockets to your gear, you should gem purely STR for red sockets and either +20 hit or +10str/10hit for blues, yellows just put in +20 strs. Also change your meta to the 21crit +3% crit damage one, agility does little for us now.

Thats my advice anyways. You should see a massive increase in damage with that.
I like the character audit on the new armory.

Character Audit
# 5 empty glyph slots
#10 unenchanted items
# Missing Eternal Belt Buckle
# Blacksmithing:2 missing sockets
Even the armory says you're bad.

my gear is 5.4 and im using the bone axe and the 10 man icc sword...so its not the gear....

Gearscore is not God. Making that number go up does not automatically mean you will do more damage. Knowing what gear you need for your class, and how to gem and enchant it does.
Your damage is indicative of your understanding of the spec. With your gear, you should be doing 9-10k.

Get rid of that agility cloak. As people said, ditch haste, get hit to 27%. Your hit is way too low. Your Expertise needs to be bumped up to 23 as well. Switch weapon slots.
I like the character audit on the new armory.

Even the armory says you're bad.

And this is helpful to him.... how? And people wonder why inexperienced players don't ask for help. Comments like this.

==============

Spicy:

For the most part (with obvious exceptions) every post to this point is vitally informative to your betterment as a Fury Warrior. I will probably repeat some things here, and for that I apologize, but these are just general notes that I've observed on your character sheet.

Your Spec & Glyphs:

For the most part, your spec is fine. Stop trying to play arms and put those two points in Blitz into Incite. Remove the point from Furious Attacks and place it elsewhere. Bloodcraze, Piercing Howl, Heroic Fury even. Likewise with Slam; those points can be put elsewhere for now to merit more use. Slam will be useless until it costs nothing to use so don't spec into it for now. Spend those points elsewhere.

Your glyphs need to be filled. Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, & Slam are the Primes. (Yes, even though Slam is currently useless for Fury). Death Wish and Cleave are really nice for your Majors. Battle & Bloody Healing are decent options for Minors. Majors & Minors can be preference and dictated on a situational basis.

Gear, Gems, & Enchants:

First off, switch your weapons. You want your heavier hitting weapon in your main hand slot. As a side note, don't worry about the "DPS" stat. Worry about the "Damage" stat. The harder-hitting weapon goes into your main hand slot. Always.

Get your gear enchanted. Yes, there is only three weeks left until Cata is released but if you're serious about your performance get your stuff setup right. Research your necessary enchants. I'm not going to give you all your answers.

Gems are unique at this current point. When you reforge, make sure you reforge for Hit replacing Haste when capable. After that's complete, make sure you use gems to get up to 27% hit. This is a must due to rage normalization. (Just take my word for it). After that you want to make sure you are Expertise capped. This cap is 23 - 24 Expertise. Anything over that is a waste. The last two stats, in order, are Crit and Strength. It will be better for you to match socket bonuses with Crit gems then to just gem straight strength. Lastly, if it's a red socket, throw a +20 strength in there.

Obviously you will want to make use of your available additions: Eternal Belt Buckle, Blacksmith Socket additions... use them. They're there for a reason. =)

Your Rotation:

Make sure you remember to use your Battle Shout for that extra rage whenever needed and to use Berserker Rage for those times you are not naturally enraged. Also remember to keep Death Wish on cooldown. With these few tips in mind, here is your ability priority list:

- Bloodthirst
- Raging Blow
- Heroic Strike

You can use cleave and whirlwind for multi-mob pulls. Slam should never be proc'd so it is not in your rotation.

I hope this helps for starters. There is much more you can learn about and research if you choose to do so. This should get you set off on the right foot heading into Cataclysm.
And this is helpful to him.... how? And people wonder why inexperienced players don't ask for help. Comments like this.

I found that to be help ful, not only did i find out there was an Armory Audit button, but i just found out an Eternal Belt Buckle existed
There is a reasonable expectation for a player to more or less understand what makes his class tick by the time he reaches level 80.

I found that to be help ful, not only did i find out there was an Armory Audit button, but i just found out an Eternal Belt Buckle existed

Im still looking for that button. I think I might have caught the stupid today. It may be terminal.
If he was level 20, or 30 or 40 ect. he would have gotten a different reply. He is level 80 with ICC experience dating back to at least August. He hit 80 more than 5 months ago. Would you like to explain to me how he doesn't know how to enchant or gem gear by now?

A better example for you to understand my outlook: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20060823

Edit: Note the 78 above me. Noob vs newb.

Im still looking for that button. I think I might have caught the stupid today. It may be terminal.

They call it advanced and its right over your Item number in the top right
There is a reasonable expectation for a player to more or less understand what makes his class tick by the time he reaches level 80.

I would agree. But just because a person doesn't make this "expectation" doesn't merit the right for those that have to come across (even if unintentional) demeaning or even rude.

I'm not sure about a Armory Audit button, but when you look at your character profile you have two options to the right of viewing: Simple & Advanced. If you click Advanced and scroll down you still see the Armory Audit section. You can also highlight any issues that show to see what the audit is describing, specifically.

I hope this helps.

Edit:
A better example for you to understand my outlook: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20060823

I lol'd. I love CAD. I used to read it when it first came out. Dropped it awhile ago but from time to time I go back and read from page one. Great times.
I see now! Good stuff, thanks.
I'm in one of my "go back and read" times now and saw that one. I thought to myself "I'm going to save this link for the next time someone gets grumpy at me for being rude to a 'noob'."