Essential Ret Paladin Macros (PvP)

Paladin
Since Patch 4.0.1, many awesome things happened to the Ret Pally. Divine Protection and Avenging Wrath, no longer cause Forbearance, and Hammer of Wrath can now be cast 3 times during Avenging Wrath regardless of your targets health percentage. Also, we're literally "swimming" in Mana, so many new things are possible.

Avenging Wrath/AP Trinket (Replace Avenging Wrath with this Macro)

#showtooltip
#show Avenging Wrath
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Mark of Supremacy

This will pop your AP trinket and Avenging Wrath simultaneously. One less click, one less hassle.

Seal of Justice/Divine Protection

#showtooltip
#show Seal of Justice
/cast Seal of Justice
/cast Divine Protection

Be sure to have Glyph of Divine Protection applied to your PvP spec for 40% defense against Magic attacks (note: this will no longer defend you against Physical attacks. this is the reason for pairing it with Seal of Justice.)

Crusader Strike (or Judgement) /Rebuke

#showtooltip
#show Crusader Strike (or Judgement)
/cast Crusader Strike (or Judgement)
/cast Rebuke (be aware that this ability will cost you additional 121 mana)

Some people would disagree with this macro by calling it "FAIL PALLY". But the BG scores will prove otherwise. With this macro, you wont have to change your rotation between Prot Warriors, and Fire Mages. If Rebuke is available before you hit them with your Crusader's Strike or Judgement (at melee range) they will be automatically interrupted. It's much easier to hit two abilities at once, than to try to time Rebuke in the middle of your global cooldowns.

Please let me know your feelings about these Macros and if they've helped you. Also, if you've managed to come up with more effective or "OP" macros than my simple "Ability Pair" macros, I'd love to see them.

Please comment!
Honestly, I'd consider none of these. Especially the last two. The first one is like common sense.
Rebuke is off the global cooldown and has a 10sec cooldown, macroing it into your other abilities is really dumb.
The only real essential macro right now for Retribution is

#showtooltip
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Hammer of Wrath
The only real essential macro right now for Retribution is

#showtooltip
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Hammer of Wrath

That's not true. A skilled paladin can hit 2 buttons instead of hitting a macro that hits them as they're available.

This is all part of the plan to find and divide the good paladins from the bad ones, and since they are all working under the premise of "for the light" we know all paladins really just closet bads.
. One less click, one less hassle.

"FAIL PALLY".
@Cacophany
Sometimes it's not a good idea to macro in spells with CDs, because you have a chance to "waste" the spell. I'm going to mess with the Rebuke idea though, since it only triggers in melee range. Maybe I'll macro it with Divine Protection or something to be an anti-caster button.
I do think it's a good idea to macro in your trinkets so that you actually use them instead of "saving" them. The Avenging Wrath/Hammer of Wrath is in my repertoire so I agree with that one too.

Also, I believe:

#showtooltip
#show Crusader Strike

is the same as:

#showtooltip Crusader Strike

Am I correct?
The ONNNNLY time a paladin should ever macro

CS and rebuke is PvE encounters to add a SMIIIIDGE of dps because it procs a seal hit aswell. If ur not worrying about interupting.

As far as pvp goes, that should be macroed to a mouse. Something you can instantly click.
#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/me drinks her redbull
/cast Avenging Wrath
I wish there was a sticky for this. I had to do some searching for this.
Also, I believe:

#showtooltip

#show Crusader Strike

is the same as:

#showtooltip Crusader Strike

Am I correct?[/quote]

You might be right there, Has the macro language been revised?

#showtooltip

Some people would disagree with this macro by calling it "FAIL PALLY".

Yes... I would call you a fail pally.

The amount of times you waste your rebuke cd interrupting nothing is probably phenomenal.
01/07/2011 3:24 PMPosted by Gasper

#showtooltip

Some people would disagree with this macro by calling it "FAIL PALLY".

The amount of times you waste your rebuke cd interrupting nothing is probably phenomenal.

I stacked mastery > haste, so "no" I didn't waste anything. If the target wasn't in range for Rebuke to work, then Rebuke gets skipped, Hand of Light would proc, and Crusader Strike is used as a damaging interrupt ability (when it's time to interrupt) because it's hardly used for Holy Power generation when mastery highly invested in.

Mastery is going to be overhauled in 4.0.6 and the bonus will be applied to Divine Purpose with a lower proc percentage rate. The new mastery will add a percentage dealt by a few of your attacks as Holy Damage. So all this goes down the crap hole once that patch goes live.

01/07/2011 3:37 PMPosted by Cacophany

I stacked mastery > haste, so "no" I didn't waste anything. If the target wasn't in range for Rebuke to work, then Rebuke gets skipped, Hand of Light would proc, and Crusader Strike is used as a damaging interrupt ability (when it's time to interrupt) because it's hardly used for Holy Power generation when mastery highly invested in.

Mastery is going to be overhauled in 4.0.6 and the bonus will be applied to Divine Purpose with a lower proc percentage rate. The new mastery will add a percentage dealt by a few of your attacks as Holy Damage. So all this goes down the crap hole once that patch goes live.

Rofl, obvious troll is obvious.