Grand Admiral Jes Tereth

Story Forum
Got this idea from another thread.

This lady is an NPC wish a very high position in the Alliance's military, and leader of the best damned navy in Azeroth, moreover, this is a woman in an extremely high ranking position, not something seen very often in WoW. She has no backstory, personality, or really anything other than an NPC that I'm not even sure exists come Cata.

Now for the real meat of the thread, we as a lore nerd community should create some stuff for her a la Boss Mida <Her Tallness> (all praise to her!). I'll come up with some ideas later, but as of right now I have too little time on my hands to do more than just this.

Edit: this is all WoWpedia has to say about her.
Jes-Tereth is the apparent Grand Admiral of the Alliance forces. She spends her time in Stormwind discussing plans most of the time, rather than going out to sea. She is apparently now Daelin Proudmoore's replacement. However, since the Alliance currently has no true hierarchy at the moment, rank doesn't mean much when there are no people assigned under them. While there are Alliance ships, it is unknown if she has ships under her or not.
Lets see...

Jes Tereth was born in ...

Edit: Changed my mind! She's no longer from Menethil, she's from Kul Tiras!
This was from my post about the Alliance Navy, wasn't it?

Well, she's wearing a Theramore tabard and has dark hair. I want to say she's from Kul Tiras because I thought she had a slightly darker skin color the last time I checked [like the sailors from Tiragarde Keep], but checking it looks like I was mistaken.

Now if she's a sailor, a sailor from Kul Tiras if my guess is correct, as well as the current Grand Admiral, she's got to be like Ellen Ripley, a tough woman with a strong will that doesn't take crap from anyone. She has a sword and a dagger. She's probably been trained to fight off pirates and buccaneers, using skills similar to what her enemies use, using precision strikes and cuts over brute force.
I don't really like fan characters being put in lore, but I'll join.

She is secretly betrothed to Gallywix.
Her cousin is John J. Keeshan.
She has a crush on Jaina.

That's silly. No human is betrothed to a goblin.

The reason I say she's from Menethil as opposed to Kul Tiras is because she's currently serving in Stormwind. I'm not entirely sure what's the relation between the Alliance and Kul Tiras since we never hear of the later, but I assumed that high ranking officers would mostly come from inside the Alliance. Although, it's very plausible that Jes is a Kul tiras citizen.

Since Jes is wearing the Theramore tabard, it's possible to think that she served in Theramore before. She might have joined Jaina when she traveled to Kalimdor. After the fight were over, Jaina sent her to Stormwind to serve with the Alliance's fleet. She proved so valuable to the fleet that she was soon promoted to Admiral of the Alliance fleet.

Does that make sense? :O
She enjoys cheap beer in a wine glass.

The reason I say she's from Menethil as opposed to Kul Tiras is because she's currently serving in Stormwind. I'm not entirely sure what's the relation between the Alliance and Kul Tiras since we never hear of the later, but I assumed that high ranking officers would mostly come from inside the Alliance. Although, it's very plausible that Jes is a Kul tiras citizen.

Since Jes is wearing the Theramore tabard, it's possible to think that she served in Theramore before. She might have joined Jaina when she traveled to Kalimdor. After the fight were over, Jaina sent her to Stormwind to serve with the Alliance's fleet. She proved so valuable to the fleet that she was soon promoted to Admiral of the Alliance fleet.

Yes, yes it does.

Isn't the Theramore talbard and the Kul tiras talbard identical.

You racist.

Similar, not identical. Perhaps she was part of the leadership of the group of ships Jaina took with her to Kalimdor?
Double post, duh

I've never seen the Kul Tiras Tabard, but wiki says she's wearing the Theramore tabard. They are probably similar though, since Jaina is a princess of Kul Tiras (I think). It makes sense that she made the tabard of her city alike to that of her kingdom.

I'll go with Jes being born in Kul Tiras now. I'm not sure which city exists down there. Can we make up names?

(Forum ate my post, grr)

I think Jaina would have created the Theramore Tabard similar to the Kul Tiras one since she is a princess of Kul Tiras. The wiki says Jes is wearing the Theramore tabard.
Maybe she can use a flintlock pistol? Dual wield them perhaps?
Maybe she can use a flintlock pistol? Dual wield them perhaps?

Yes!
She carries a large leather holster inside her Admiral coat where the two flintlock pistols are tucked. The holster is strapped across her chest from one shoulder to the waist.

A little like this http://www.mountainmanleatherworks.com/images/cart_images/holsters/chest-holster-bullet-sling-b.jpg

She carries a Kul tiras cutlass at her waist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MuseeMarine-sabre-p1000456.jpg
I think that she should be a colder person, maybe hard to talk to and extremely calculated, but maybe not a cruel person... OR, make her somewhat arrogant, just to add some flavor to the character.
Her cousin is John J. Keeshan.
Then the Horde would QQ about her awesomeness.
I think that she should be a colder person, maybe hard to talk to and extremely calculated, but maybe not a cruel person... OR, make her somewhat arrogant, just to add some flavor to the character.

I imagine her like the female Admiral in Battlestar Galactica. The one that was a real nasty. She's very pragmatic and sometimes morally ambiguous. She knows how to take the hard decision and leave allies behind when it means saving the majority. She won't rush into a situation impulsively though. She will calculate the odds before she attempts something, but she won't refrain from acting just because some people on her side will die.