Returning Warrior In Need of Help!!

Warrior
Ok so I really haven't been gone long only about 3 months due to starting my Bachelors degree and the workload. But from what i'm reading it seems A LOT has changed in this span due the incoming of Cata.So I prefer Tanking have been Prot since level 20ish, Just went Arms and slapped on sword and board to insta que dungeons 10+, but I also like to DPS from time to time.

I'm literally just now re-installing WoW and haven't even been in game so don't be too harsh.

How are warriors currently standing as far as Tanking (outshined by bears/pallys or beasting) and DPS?
How are warriors fairing in PVP (arena and battelground)?
What is the preferred DPS spec?
So what has changed?
Any preferred prot leveling spec (specifically for insta dungeon que's and questing) or just follow the lv80 tanking spec?
Info on Masteries and Reforging? Completely confused here

Same Questions for Arms + Fury.
Any and all info helps.
To answer some of your questions.

How are warriors currently standing as far as Tanking (outshined by bears/pallys or beasting) and DPS?

I have a pally tank and this warrior. I have to work a bit harder with the warrior, but they do the same DPS in the end. Haven't seen any DK tanks lately, but my guild is working on the LK and we picked up a bear tank, and though there was no difference in threat or damage taken, he was doing well more damage than my pally. Still, the damage is pretty high on my pally and warrior and of course, this will all change come cata.

This I don't know as i usually avoid PVP. but i hear Arms is doing well in PVP.

Again it seems to be Arms for PVP and i still see Fury doing crazy DPS in PVE. I have a Fury spec with some decent gear, but i haven't regemmed since the changes so haven't experienced it first hand, but again on our LK run, we had a fury warrior doing 9k-11k for his overall damage.

So what has changed?

For Prot? not much besides Defense going away and being replaced by block, crit block, and overall avoidance. there is also a priority system instead of a set "rotation." and there seems to be 2 camps on this and for the most part the priority stays the same, but the difference is whether, while opening/pulling, to go Charge> Rend> Thunderclap> etc. or go Charge> Thunderclap> Cleave> etc. There are a few posts floating about on the new forums about the priority for Prot. Now though these are the only changes, they are quite significant, but not as drastic as the pally changes.

Again, haven't experienced it for the other 2 specs, but from what i've seen, it's been pretty dramatic.

Any preferred prot leveling spec (specifically for insta dungeon que's and questing) or just follow the lv80 tanking spec?

This was my first 80 and it's been a long time since i've leveled a warrior, so not sure.

Don't have to worry about this too much until you get to 80+. but the general rule of thumb, for Prot, is to re-forge everything into mastery once you have hit the hit cap (262, i think, but 8% total) and expertise cap (22 for now, 26 i think when cata comes out). However, while doing this, you still want your dodge and parry to be above 15% minimum, but closer to, or as close to, 20%, but mastery is the king as it ups your block and critical block. There was a theorycrafting thread about this on the old forums and it's not been ported over yet, but they had found that you wanted to stack mastery until you go to 100% crit block chance and then put it into the other two (dodge and parry) until your chance went to 90%. of course, you won't come close to this until cata gear. for now, just stack mastery, but not until 80.

again, not to sure about the other 2 specs...i mostly tank.
To answer some of your questions.

I have a pally tank and this warrior. I have to work a bit harder with the warrior, but they do the same DPS in the end. Haven't seen any DK tanks lately, but my guild is working on the LK and we picked up a bear tank, and though there was no difference in threat or damage taken, he was doing well more damage than my pally. Still, the damage is pretty high on my pally and warrior and of course, this will all change come cata.

This I don't know as i usually avoid PVP. but i hear Arms is doing well in PVP.

Again it seems to be Arms for PVP and i still see Fury doing crazy DPS in PVE. I have a Fury spec with some decent gear, but i haven't regemmed since the changes so haven't experienced it first hand, but again on our LK run, we had a fury warrior doing 9k-11k for his overall damage.

So what has changed?

For Prot? not much besides Defense going away and being replaced by block, crit block, and overall avoidance. there is also a priority system instead of a set "rotation." and there seems to be 2 camps on this and for the most part the priority stays the same, but the difference is whether, while opening/pulling, to go Charge> Rend> Thunderclap> etc. or go Charge> Thunderclap> Cleave> etc. There are a few posts floating about on the new forums about the priority for Prot. Now though these are the only changes, they are quite significant, but not as drastic as the pally changes.

Again, haven't experienced it for the other 2 specs, but from what i've seen, it's been pretty dramatic.

This was my first 80 and it's been a long time since i've leveled a warrior, so not sure.

Don't have to worry about this too much until you get to 80+. but the general rule of thumb, for Prot, is to re-forge everything into mastery once you have hit the hit cap (262, i think, but 8% total) and expertise cap (22 for now, 26 i think when cata comes out). However, while doing this, you still want your dodge and parry to be above 15% minimum, but closer to, or as close to, 20%, but mastery is the king as it ups your block and critical block. There was a theorycrafting thread about this on the old forums and it's not been ported over yet, but they had found that you wanted to stack mastery until you go to 100% crit block chance and then put it into the other two (dodge and parry) until your chance went to 90%. of course, you won't come close to this until cata gear. for now, just stack mastery, but not until 80.

again, not to sure about the other 2 specs...i mostly tank.

Thanks for the Reply...Now I just need to find a good prot leveling spec from some other warrior elders, I'm rerolling from level 1 just to get the feel of warrior tanking again, plus since the whole introduction of masteries and the talent tree changes I want to have a fresh start.. Someone had told me to just go fury until 15 and slap on a sword and board than 15
switch to prot? true or not. As for the leveling specs for fury and prot, should I just follow the current 4.0 level 80 endgame specs or no? Thanks in advance for any and all tips
bumpity bump