Good Bye OT.

General Discussion
Good bye Off Topic Forum.

Dear blizzard,

Thank you for creating the forums, thank you for allowing me to join a community of like minded gamers, and for creating a place that we could just speak our minds and socialize.

While I whole-heartily disagree and bemoan the loss of the Off topic forum I understand your corporate decision to limit your expenditures moderating it. And while I honestly believe you are damaging the community by removing it, I will not plead with you to restore it.

So I just wanted to say thank you for providing me with the ability to communicate with your community. You ability to connect people and build a place for them to do so. The community you built far exceeds the game in many ways to me, and your game is outstanding, so take that as you may.

In closing, thank you community for sharing and allowing us on the OT to have our brief moment with you. As sad as it is no true Cataclysm would be catastrophic without some community suffering.

So cheers to you Blizzard and thank you again,

The OT's finest,
Olak
In the spirit of OT randomness... Well the bit that went on when I posted there...

(n_n)-c<T_T)

I pinch!
All OT was were troll threads asking for relationship advice.
This reminds me of the scene in Toy Story 3 where they are slowly being pushed into their deaths and they all just joined hands and accepted their fate.

Goodbye OT, I have spent countless hours lurking your threads and you all will be missed.
in the spirit of the OT, this thread is now about waffles and how awesome they are

Bacon waffles
in the spirit of the OT, this thread is now about waffles and how awesome they are

Pancakes. Own. You.
Be positive people. We don't go to funerals looking for a fight. If you had a good experience on the OT simply share it. Or as your mother should have said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

And I remember the pinch threads Killercaitie! The OT taught me all of my emotocons.

(//'.) <-- My favorite, emokirby.
Bacon topped bacon waffles with an extra side of bacon. The best part of waking up is the sound of your arteries crying.
In the spirit of OT

this thread is now DIAMONDS.
I miss Fangtooth.
Be positive people. We don't go to funerals looking for a fight. If you had a good experience on the OT simply share it. Or as your mother should have said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

And I remember the pinch threads Killercaitie! The OT taught me all of my emotocons.

(//'.) <-- My favorite, emokirby.

^_^

I remember the first time I capped a thread in the OT, it was the epic war of "We have no lives, seriously" :P

Vampire hissing snakes, & turtles, & tauren sized gnomes & gnome sized taurens & zombies & robots...
I will definitely miss having at you in politics and religion threads Olak. Even those of you I always disagreed with were always stimulating, and most were even civil.

I've enjoyed posting on the OT since just after launch. I used to post as my warrior Dedan, but I stopped that after a while and decided to use Alleth as my avatar.

Thanks Blizzard for the good times that I've had, even some at your expense. I truly regret your decision to discontinue the forums, and I would ask that you reconsider, but I'll not do any more than that. I feel like the OT has been a bit of an escape - a place where I could talk with friends I didn't even know I had.

Sure, I've crossed swords with a few folks, but even with all the saber-rattling, I still feel like the time that I've had here was truly a treasure. I'll always remember posting in the threads. Some of them had good discussions and should appreciated for that, and other had mindless hilarity, and so I appreciate them for that.

It feels like a real tragedy. I'll miss the OT, even Sark and Emrimion and the rest of the atheists and liberals. We may have disagreed, but I still feel like we were friends after a fashion. The sort of friends who get together after work, sit down at the table with a soda in one hand and talk out the world's problems. I will remember this place. I will remember these people. I will remember.

Alleth
I never really hung out on OT that much....

But now I wish I did more...
Dear Blizzard,

Olak has suggested I be classy about this, and I will follow his advice.

I have been playing WoW since spring of 2006, quickly finding our realm forums. I found the Off-Topic in 2007 sometime and have been an addict ever since. Once I started posting, I spent more time in OT than playing the game. I paid my $15/month primarily for the camaraderie I'd found in OT.

And so it seems my time as an OT forumgoer is forcefully coming to an end on Wednesday.
I don't know what I'll do with myself for the first few weeks. It'll be like losing a good friend. Someone I could turn to when bored or depressed.

I thank you, Blizzard, for giving me a chance to experience the...experience that is the off-topic forums. For giving me a community of people just like me but not like me at the same time. For giving me the chance to grow and learn more about myself through the relationships I have made, both on OT and in WoW in general.

I can't pretend to understand or accept why you've decided to not have an off-topic forum, and I'll remain bitter about it for awhile, but I really do appreciate the time I've had.

So, begrudgingly, thank you.

Fibonacci of Dentarg.
OT may be a victim of the "oops, forgot" vibe that's going on around the new site. Also included: patch notes and a metric S. Tonne of archival stuff that was on worldofwarcraft.com.