Druid Tips.

Druid
I figured new forums, time for a new tip thread. I will try to update this with good information that is posted in the thread. The first 20 or so have a pvp slant. I would like others to post their useful tips and I'll add them.

Druid.
1. Rebirth, USE it, it can make or break fights at nodes, and its going back to 10 min CD.

2. Innervate, used to be great use often. Hopefully you put your gear sets on your bars somewhere. (in case you don't know you can drag the icon from the equip manager and drop it on your bars). So if you need to boost healer mana and can get away from it, drop combat, toss on your pve healing gear, toss an innervate (which may put you in combat) Change back to your gear. Mostly this is an issue as feral.

3. Brake all snares in one gcd macro. Everyone should have this.
#showtooltip
#show
/cast [stance:1] !Bear Form; [stance:2] !Aquatic Form; [stance:3] !Cat Form; [stance:5] !Moonkin Form; [nostance, flyable, nocombat][stance:5?6] !Flight Form; !Travel Form

4. Instant Cast Roots Glyph is OP and should be used for all SPECS! If your feral make sure you have a keybind that can cast it from your forms, Don't be a noob and have to go caster then cast.

5. Target of Target Macro for thorns. Thorns rules for all specs. Like roots you want to be able to cast from forms. This macro will cast on any friendly target, or the target of a target. So you see a rogue pop! Hit this and you thorns what he is attacking.

/cast [help] Thorns; [target=targettarget] Thorns

6. Have a gear set that is just your feral 4 piece set bonus on your bars ( if you have one) Its useful even as boom or resto for flag running in Eye or WSG. You can make a gear set that only equips certain slots. I do 4 piece feral and the pvp trinket.

7. Cyclone, abuse it, mostly on healers. Try to judge not to cast on things that will likely get attacked. In BGS one cyclone on that holy pally can result in lots of deaths.

8. Track Humoniods is great for finding the Flag Runner in WSG and to figure out if they are ramp, gy, or tun.

9. Frenzied Regen now has 30% HP last stand effect. Make sure you have it keybound even if running resto or moonkin it can save you!

10. Don't Xmas your Barkskin and learn to use it when your at 50% or higher health, it won't save you if your under 20% that often.

11. Barkskin does stack with Survival Instincts for some extreme mitagation.

12. As moonkin I find I can do great by just spreading moonfire and swarm. I only stop and nuke if I have a good chance. It helps debilitate their entire team. Also get more instant cast starsurges, and more starsurges = sooner starfalls!

13. As moonkin, don't just pop starfall every CD, make sure you have a good chance of not getting interrupted on it. But pop it as often as you can, its a short CD glyphed.

14. As moonkin, you can build up an eclipse on a target dummy and enter a BG in eclipse. Moonfire spam is actaully stupid strong right now that way.

15. Bears can taunt pets, ghouls, demons, mirrors, armies. Sometimes its better on you then someone else, I have taunted pets just to keep up owlkin frenzy.

16. Roots and Nature Grasp Roots can be up at the same time. So you can root a dk away from you and use grasp on the warrior beating on you.

17. If you get knocked off something if your fast you can often Feral Charge and get back on the lumber mill etc mid flight.

18. If i'm getting damaged, bear up early, its harder for their team to kill you while your team members work them down, it allows you to "tank the alliance" then when they leave you alone go kitty!

19. Bear bash is useful in All specs. Just pop enrage for the rage!

20. Combo points from recently dead targets can now be used.

21. Sometimes its a good idea to pop a Savage Roar, to get a instant cast nature spell when you need it!

22. Wrath spam as resto in tree form is "decent" if you don't need the burst healing go tree and wrath it up.

23. When tanking, thorns before a pull will give you small hand at initial agro.

24. When you taunt back a lose mob try to tag it right away w/ FF then toss a swipe when its in rage. Used mostly when you need to get back adds in a boss fight.

25. As resto don't be afraid to stack FF, its 12% less armor now, pretty good imo.

26. IN bgs, cylone a warlock pet, removes soul link for the duration.

27. When doing pve dps and pooling energy, you can pop nature's grasp and "hope for an omen of clarity proc"

Target of Target Macro for thorns. Thorns rules for all specs. Like roots you want to be able to cast from forms. This macro will cast on any friendly target, or the target of a target. So you see a rogue pop! Hit this and you thorns what he is attacking.

I was under the impression that Thorns is only castable out of feral forms?

24. When you taunt back a lose mob try to tag it right away w/ FF then toss a swipe when its in rage. Used mostly when you need to get back adds in a boss fight.

25. As resto don't be afraid to stack FF, its 12% less armor now, pretty good imo.

Does FF = Faerie Fire? (Just to be clear) FF in Cata will really be wasted Mana, imho.
Target of Target Macro for thorns. Thorns rules for all specs. Like roots you want to be able to cast from forms. This macro will cast on any friendly target, or the target of a target. So you see a rogue pop! Hit this and you thorns what he is attacking.

If you hit a spell key while in form, the game auto-shifts you to Caster so you can cast.

Does FF = Faerie Fire? (Just to be clear) FF in Cata will really be wasted Mana, imho.

He's talking about Feral Faerie Fire (for 24) and Faerie Fire (25).

In the latter case you would only be casting it as Resto in PvE if you don't have a Feral in the group doing it already.
2. Innervate, used to be great use often. Hopefully you put your gear sets on your bars somewhere. (in case you don't know you can drag the icon from the equip manager and drop it on your bars). So if you need to boost healer mana and can get away from it, drop combat, toss on your pve healing gear, toss an innervate (which may put you in combat) Change back to your gear. Mostly this is an issue as feral.

This is too risky to even attempt as a Feral. If you get caught the consequences are so severe that it's generally not worth the risk.
8. Track Humoniods is great for finding the Flag Runner in WSG and to figure out if they are ramp, gy, or tun.

This is amazing. Combine this with a mod that shows you the class of the person when you mouseover on the minimap for optimal effectiveness.

The rest of these are also pretty awesome tips. Nice post.

If you hit a spell key while in form, the game auto-shifts you to Caster so you can cast.

He's talking about Feral Faerie Fire (for 24) and Faerie Fire (25).

In the latter case you would only be casting it as Resto in PvE if you don't have a Feral in the group doing it already.

In other words, drag the spell from the spellbook to your feral bar. =) Got it, good, thanks!

To save keybinds, I like to keep Track Humanoids macroed. Add to whatever macro you use to shift to cat:

/stopcasting
/cast Track Humanoids

ie:

#show Prowl
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form; [stance:3] Prowl
/stopcasting
/cast Track Humanoids

To save keybinds, I like to keep Track Humanoids macroed. Add to whatever macro you use to shift to cat:

/stopcasting
/cast Track Humanoids

ie:

#show Prowl
/cast [nostance:3] Cat Form; [stance:3] Prowl
/stopcasting
/cast Track Humanoids

That's pointless. Track Humanoids is automatic when you shift to Cat.
With the new tracking features, can't we just click the button and have it stay 'active,' much like mining/herbing?

Or is this a specific spell with a limited duration?
With the new tracking features, can't we just click the button and have it stay 'active,' much like mining/herbing?

Or is this a specific spell with a limited duration?

Nope. Track Humanoid is only active while in Cat form.
1. Rebirth, USE it, it can make or break fights at nodes, and its going back to 10 min CD.

For PvP, definitely - but to add some PvE flavour I'd amend this tip to "use it WISELY".

you're going to be Mr. Popular when your raid can't bring back that critical healer toward the end of a fight because you were firing from the hip and already rebirthed that DPS who stood in the fire again 10 seconds after you brought him back :)

In cataclysm more than ever I'd advise assigning a single person in the raid to call for rebirths, and making sure that no one uses them unless called for.
14. As moonkin, you can build up an eclipse on a target dummy and enter a BG in eclipse. Moonfire spam is actaully stupid strong right now that way.

Does this work for BGs?!

It does not work anymore for instances. I was under the impression any sort of zoning reset your bar to 0. But I don't PvP, so maybe BGs act differently...

For PvP, definitely - but to add some PvE flavour I'd amend this tip to "use it WISELY".

you're going to be Mr. Popular when your raid can't bring back that critical healer toward the end of a fight because you were firing from the hip and already rebirthed that DPS who stood in the fire again 10 seconds after you brought him back :)

In cataclysm more than ever I'd advise assigning a single person in the raid to call for rebirths, and making sure that no one uses them unless called for.

He is talking about BGs where a clutch Brez at a node can make or break the fight.
He is talking about BGs where a clutch Brez at a node can make or break the fight.

/ninja edit ;)

yep, caught that eventually - it really did ring true for PvE as well where I've seen plently of people 'saving' rebirth for ... something, and never ending up actually using it.

of course, 4.x stirs the pot considerably there :)

anyone know how/if the new limitations on Rebirth apply to BGs? I'd imagine the usual popping in and out of combat would reset it, but if blizzard can make seperate rules for 10 and 25 raids, then who knows what they might do to make stacking druids in rated BGs a little less amusing.
Thanks for the kind posts.

@ Rebirth, yeah mostly in pvp, but Katjia is totally right, people saved it all the time in PvE especially in pugs, where you don't have the best raid leaders, its nice to have druids to be able to say that guy is doing 13k dps I should rez them. Rather than rebirth the dual wielding unholy dps dk that is below the tanks and standing in fire!

Re tracking:, I don't use a macro to shift into cat, I just have it keybound under special action bars in the keybinding menu. However, tracking should just stay on, sometimes I change it to something else in a city

Faerie Fire does have a 5 min PVE duration, we aren't too certain on mana usage @ 85 but once you get three up on a boss it should be easy to maintain. Its only needed if you don't have a feral druid and/or sundering warrior.

I don't know yet on rebirth in bgs, will post when I get an answser! I usually play with a few other druids so we will test it out.

RE innervate: Yeah I only do the gear switch when I think I can get away with it. Often you just cleaned up the Lumber Mill, your riding to the stables, you swap gear, innervate you buddy healer, and swap back. However I was involved in a 52 minute Gurbushi Arena figth and I changed gear often to innervate my pally friend, and we both changed specs at time. it was crazy!