4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
Why did they remove the Dalaran portals?

If they made the transition seamless, uninterrupted, no loading screen by Catac (so us flying to and fro won't see the silly loading screen that kills immersion greatly), then it's either they moved Exodar and Quel'thalas to the Kalimdor and EK server cluster respectively, or they have a new code and setup that allows us to go from one cluster of server to another without the need for any loading screens.

PTR and Beta players can confirm any of it.

Im guessing its how we cant fly to northrend because of exaustion
it will give us the exustion debuff and we wont be able to reach it
anyone know if they add AH npc in dalaran too ? or just Class trainer ?
So I guess next week Northrend becomes a ghost town then?
Not really an 'is it in y/n' question, but more of an 'is it fixed'.

Currently on live if you have the sound turned off, nothing plays at all. Prior to this patch though, with sound off, sounds from UI mods (audible warnings from boss mods, or Mik's, etc) would still play.

If you have any mods on the PTR and could test this, it would be appreciated.
Any changes to Silvermoon/Exodar/Quel'danas?

no, that's for a later patch and/or expansion
City Quatermasters, with rep tabards (Gilenas is not working)

Anywhere I can find more info on this?
Apart from maybe guild leveling, the PTR is Cata with ALL it's features, it's just that nobody has their account flagged as owning the expansion, so it's just as it will be in six months from now if you never bought the Cata xpack.

The only difference with beta is that in beta everyone has the "I own the xpack" flag turned on, and on the PTR everyone has that flag turned off.

K.
By the way those of you who are wondering about going into the new zones like hyjal before cata release you get a Blizzard debuff that says No man's land- You are in a place you should not be... and it ports you to just outside the zone.
The elemntal invasion in SW is bugged. None of the sandbags can be placed in the Park, because the park is gone.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

P.S. no arch? im now quite sad, good news I can work on my troll druid.
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.
No guild achievements or leveling, which is pretty disappointing. Throw players a bone and give them something to do until December 7th.

One would think the "bone" being thrown would be the fact you can make a new race/class combo (or just roll an alt for the heck of it) and begin doing the new 1-60 quest content in the revamped zones...
Throw players a bone and give them something to do until December 7th.

They have and they are. You should have been in SW last night. Very cool stuff. :)
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

I am curious about those upcoming changes myself to Priests. Often times in the past changes that make it to live aren't the same that were on the Beta. So, no telling what you Devs have been up to in your own personal in shop builds of the game.
Very likely shattering is next week, Yosh. We just downloaded the client patch, and all proof from a certain site points towards a tuesday release.

Hey Zar,

Is there any chance that the ports can stay in Dal until Cata's launch? I've got an alt who is still questing and doing Dailies in Northrend, but likes to get back to the AH. I'd be surprised if I'm alone in this concern. Your thoughts are appreciated.