4.0.3a: What is in it, what is not.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
And when this patch will be launched???

I'm showing an 11.23% chance this patch will launch before thanksgiving.

I see what you did there
Not being able to fly in EK/Kalimdor until december 7th?

EWWWWWWWW That's going to be so awful

You've never been able to do it before, I don't see how this is an inconvenience.
Good thread, Sammew. Aside from content, also included in the upcoming patch are several class balance changes and bug fixes. Due to several talent revisions for select classes, druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset.

Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%.

You'll also get the Cataclysm introductory cinematic and new login screen.

I am excited by your second, fourth, and fifth sentences.
Can't wait to make a gnome priest. Oh yes indeed.
In response to mister whiner about the xp necessary to lvl 70-80:

Anybody not interested in lore and only interested in being lvl 80 as soon as possible, is going to make that happen and they'll still be crappy if it takes two weeks as if it took one week IF THEY DON'T CARE. maybe some people might quit because it takes twice as long, but hey, we have no idea of knowing if that person would be good or bad. And whether the difference between good and bad is more time staring at your character being lvl 77 and numbly going through the same exact rotation than spending more time with a specific rotation until you get the hang of it and then you lvl and get something new.

personally, I'd love to take the time to read through every quest text and see what's going on in Northrend. But I'm TIRED of my character being lvl 74. she's been that way for a week now. Because i work full time, i go to school full time, i have three families to balance, and I just don't have the time or the energy to get on as much as I'd like. Right now, I am on a mad dash to get to lvl 80 so I can be on the same page as all my friends come cataclysm.

With my many alts I'll be rolling in cata, I can take that time to read quest texts. Because i want to. And not have that take away from the amount of time it would take to get the necessary experience to lvl as well.

I don't like the lvl grind. I do like seeing my character lvl. I actually don't mind if it takes me an entire day of playing before I ding, but i don't like it taking 7 days.

And don't claim who the majority and the minority is. until there are solid figures, you don't know! I don't know either. I'm just telling you my story.
Starting alt and thinking about getting to level 85 will be very daunting so anything that makes process faster is good.

It takes a week to hit max level if you do it slowly. If that's daunting to you I'd say that MMO's aren't really for you, but apparently the instant gratification crowd is who Blizzard has been pandering to the last two expansions.

Thats only if you spend every moment on wow working on that alt. And have all your BoA items.

Ive leveled everything but a priest to 80. Its a P.I.T.A. Its actually a MAJORITY who want the end game content. Yes, its fun to see the content. But making it harder to level alts will piss off a majority of players. Why? Because blizz keeps screwing up classes, so people decide to play something different. and when you are locked out of raiding because you cant stand your old main anymore, and are working on leveling a new one, is no fun.

this is why i have 11 80's. 10 on horde 1 80 of each class so i don't need to level alts to do end game i just have them allready ready hahaha

Why on earth did you folks think this remotely necessary? A week to get from 70-80 was too long?

It's necessary because EVERYONE has allready done it probably 1 or more times. The new questing is 1-60 which is at a normal pace assuming you don't use BOA Gear, and 60-80 are old expansions which story doesn't mean jack anymore so there is no need to keep you there for the duration that it took when it was out originally. So the new questing experience is 1-60 and 80-85 it'll take u longer than a week to get 80-85 that is pretty much guranteed.

Why on earth did you folks think this remotely necessary? A week to get from 70-80 was too long?

It's necessary because EVERYONE has allready done it probably 1 or more times. The new questing is 1-60 which is at a normal pace assuming you don't use BOA Gear, and 60-80 are old expansions which story doesn't mean jack anymore so there is no need to keep you there for the duration that it took when it was out originally. So the new questing experience is 1-60 and 80-85 it'll take u longer than a week to get 80-85 that is pretty much guranteed.

Agreed, I don't see the issue with this either.

*waves cane.. "back in MY day, blah blah blah"*

Agreed, I don't see the issue with this either.

*waves cane.. "back in MY day, blah blah blah"*

lol right! I levelled in VANILLA 6 years ago. Don't tell me about a slow experience levelling i experienced it real time back in the day. lol with as many 80's as i have now and with many more coming up in cata i an excited to blow by tbc and wotlk quests now. I can get to 68 in 3 zones in bc and with my knowledge of wrath hopefully it'll be 3 zones as well maybe 4 since we need tobe 80 to get the quests in the new hubs.
Not being able to fly in EK/Kalimdor until december 7th?

EWWWWWWWW That's going to be so awful

You've never been able to do it before, I don't see how this is an inconvenience.

With them removing the city portals for absolutely no real reason, damn right it's going to be an inconvenience.

I'm as happy with the concept of exploring the new world as anyone else, but not being able to actually have portals, while /also/ being unable to get around via flying, is going to be pretty garbage.

Why in the world did you feel Mages needed to be special again, incidentally?
Your able to race change into a goblin or worgen the day cata is released if they have the class yoru race changing. They allready posted about this.

And you can race change into the new combo's once 4.0.3a is released, so if u wanted ur tauren druid to be a troll it can be done.
Can you PLEASE explain (Blizzard) why you are making 71-80 require 20% LESS experience.

You have been doing A LOT of pushing over the last year. Basically, making players get to level 70-80 FASTER. WHY???

I have heard that you "want all players to get to the end game and experience the glory of all the raids, dungeons and end game pvp" This is all fine and dandy, but understand this..

EVERYONE will eventually get to end game. Why make it faster? We already have the VOCAL MINORITY whining and RUSHING all the time past 90% of the games content.

You should be making 20%-50% MORE EXPERIENCE required. SLOW IT DOWN. When a player takes their time to enjoy the entire game and has millions of amazing moments, they become skilled and prepared for end game content.

By catering to RUSHERS you are, in essence, CREATING more unprepared, sucky players.

Though you might not realize this by ONLY listening to those on the forums, the MAJORITY of players ARE NOT RUSHERS. They actually ENJOY playing the game the WAY IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED. They do not skip through quest text and use 100 addons to make things easier. They enjoy exploring, enjoy lore, and enjoy each and every quest and experience.

THE MINORITY wants to rush and skip everything just to get to 80 and feel special, NOT THE MAJORITY. So why are you continuing to cater to rushers and people that could care less about the gameworld and only care about "leveling" and "being 80"??

Cater to the PLAYERS, not the "levelers" - PLEASE

PS- I am glad to hear that pvp and pve in cataclysm is a bit harder and requires more skill. Ive been waiting for SKILL to be more important than TIME SPENT for years. Finally, skill has returned.

Now if the RPG part of WOW the mmorpg will return as well, millions of us will be VERY HAPPY.

<Just look around and notice how many level 80s are "bored" or "grinding" or "farming" or say they have nothing to do. LOL, these are the rushers, because EVERYONE ELSE has MILLIONS of things to do, whether they have played 3mos or 6 years>

tl;dr

I imagine they did it for the same reason they did it before Wrath launched, to get you closer to the brand new stuff faster. I've leveled 9 horde/alliance toons through Northrend. I want to level one more, but I've seen all that before and I'd rather get through Northrend asap as it bores me now. However, I highly anticipate taking my sweet, sweet time up until I have to leave the old world behind. <3

Edit: saw what you said about rushers, lol... I'm not a rusher. I've spent my time leveling without BoA gear. I read my quests, thoroughly, sometimes repeatedly. I love the lore of it all. However, like I've said, I've been through Northrend 9 times, horde and alliance, I wants to play with my shiny new toys at 78.

WTB: Glyph (minor) of the Long Journey - reduces experience gained from quests and monsters by 20%. Eliminates experience bonus from heirloom armour and increases monetary rewards by 20%

:-)

That's actually a really really good idea.

WTB: Glyph (minor) of the Long Journey - reduces experience gained from quests and monsters by 20%. Eliminates experience bonus from heirloom armour and increases monetary rewards by 20%

:-)

That's actually a really really good idea.

Though I'd never use it, that /does/ seem a rather interesting concept.

Of course, the 'if you give a mouse a cookie' crowd will start complaining about how it should be baseline, but oh well.
Dang. Better hurry up and finish my Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain! I need 4 more elementium ingots, cant afford 'em off the ah, and no one wants to do bwl. :(

On the other hand, I'll have 6 ingots for thunderfury! LOL
I'm showing an 11.23% chance this patch will launch before thanksgiving.

^This made me chuckle, and I agree lol