Windows 8.1

Technical Support
Microsoft has just issued an update:

Mouse pointer stutters or freezes when you play certain games in Windows 8.1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Please let us know if this helps with WoW, and the issues in this thread.

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
so does anyone have an actuall solution to getting wow to download with windows 8.1. Stop posting saying blah blah it doesn't work with 8.1..... we get it, it doesn't work, now how about some solutions to this problem?
Still experiencing the camera flip and cursor move to center of screen bugs for windows 8.1. I have tried every fix suggested on the forums as well as a few other ideas I came up with (disabling the touch screen, putting my mouse software into the Layers registry key, uninstalling my mouse software) in every conceivable combination.

This "fix" doesn't seem to work for anyone. Any suggestions or updates would be greatly appreciated.
READ ALL THE FIXES< TRIED THEM ALL<STILL HAVING LEFT/RIGHT mouse click issues camera jumping to all angles, tired of flying upside down. Makes game unplayable for me. Even targeting a mob causes camera view to jump to another angle. wanted win 8 to take advantage of the 32 meg mem I have, what a waste,
Well, have to admit jumped the gun too much. Found a solution with the Nivida Card, Has a compatibleTab for a lot of games, One for WoW. Clicked it and set all the exe files back to win 8 compatable. Game seems to run fine. Apologies to Blizz. This is a 660 ti Card. Yup had the home version of Win 7
Why would you need to upgrade to windows 8 to use all your ram? Unless you have the win 7 32 bit version or the home version. All the other versions will use up to 192 gigs of ram.

Have you even read blizzards financial statements?

8.1 has only really been out about 4 months not beta but official release . It is not listed yet as a supported OS. The crazy mouse problem is because Microsoft decided to change the way the mouse data is interpreted by windows. Microsoft still has not fixed there know issues with games and windows 8.1

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements
READ ALL THE FIXES< TRIED THEM ALL<STILL HAVING LEFT/RIGHT mouse click issues camera jumping to all angles, tired of flying upside down. Makes game unplayable for me. Even targeting a mob causes camera view to jump to another angle. wanted win 8 to take advantage of the 32 meg mem I have, what a waste,
clearly a WOW ISSUE. After playing this game for 8 years, may have to install win 7, to play in the future.
very disappointed with BLIZZARD for not addressing this bug. Two accounts x 8 yrs. a lot of money for nothing, Have two other computers, with win 7, can go to them and no problems. Blizz needs to address this problem with Win 8.1, It's their responsibility to make their game compatible with operating systems. I realize they are in financial trouble with the mass exodus of players from the game. Maybe this will be another reason for others to leave.

lolwut?
I downloaded Windows 8.1 today not knowing about the bug and have been to many forum posts trying to find a solution and couldn't fine one so I thought it might help if I play with the windows mouse setting. I went into the "change mouse pointer" in the Personalization menu. Click on the Pointer Options tab, and then unchecked the Box that says "Enhance pointer precision" and the problem went away, thought I would post this up here if others can do the same and solve the problem that way.
Koby is the man.

I was having all the same issues as the rest with the camera jumping all over with mouse on left and right click. Started game in fullscreen and then switched to windowed and it works perfect again

Thanks
I rarely ever post but i have to tip my hat off to Koby, i searched around for awhile and his fix immediately fixed the mouse problem
i had tried EVERYTHING that was suggested and was totally frustrated and about ready to give up till I read Koby's post. I thought one more attempt was worth it. By the graces it worked :D
My boyfriend and I laughed at the irony of it, but I had to say THANK YOU to Koby :)
is there still an issue with windows 8.1
No.

Best to create your own thread and be specific about what issue(s) you are having.
10/19/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Køby
I play with a laptop, and have an extra HDMI display. I also play in windowed mode.

The way I fixed my problem with left click mouse looking all over the place, was to just change the setting at the login screen to full screen mode(not windowed full screen, I tried that first) and then amazingly it was fixed, I could even jump back into windowed mode and it still work.

Anyway, just my quick and easy way of fixing my problem.

Thank you so much! You saved me :D