feral druid in 5.4 pvp

Druid
hello! well I always liked playing my feral druid because of how unique it is but with the big nerf to feral druids CC(no more instant cyclones) do people even want feral druids in their rbgs or arenas anymore?:( I was hoping to play him again and push rating this season(14) but I run rbgs on my rogue and warrior and never see a feral druid so idk:/ I know ferals damage is very high may be even higher than boomy not sure but with no instant cylones anymore it seems no one wants us in rbgs:( I also like to run arenas too but I need to get back into playing my feral its just I don't know which to play atm I like playing my warrior but everyone has at least one warrior in their rbgs it seems like the most played class this patch or even expansion but I also loved playing my feral back in cata when we raped but now idk:/ no love for feral anymore it seems
Ferals are basically at the top of the RBG and Arena ladder, same for Rogues, but you don't see a lot of either, and when you do it's real bad ones. That's the nature of the game, Ferals get nerfed, everyone's a Warrior.

So yeah, Ferals can still be used in the highest level of PvP in either bracket, now, Boomys on the other hand..
thanks a lot that got my spirits up about playing my druid again:)
thanks a lot that got my spirits up about playing my druid again:)

No problem good luck.
10/18/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Kagome
Ferals are basically at the top of the RBG

Is this really true? I thought like past seasons (even when feral was much stronger than they are now) they were not desired in RBG for being melee. Rogues had a few exceptions in smoke bomb, otherwise it was just DK.

What's changed in the patch?
Is this really true? I thought like past seasons (even when feral was much stronger than they are now) they were not desired in RBG for being melee. Rogues had a few exceptions in smoke bomb, otherwise it was just DK.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg

Look at Ferals only, and then look at Boomys only.

Then look at: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

And sort Ferals only, then Boomy.
10/18/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Gestapo
Ferals are basically at the top of the RBG

What's changed in the patch?

I think Kagome is stating the relative power of the two druid dps specs to each other, not necessarily comparing to the other classes on the whole.
I think Kagome is stating the relative power of the two druid dps specs to each other, not necessarily comparing to the other classes on the whole.

Ferals #1 RBG
Ferals #16 in 3s.

Provided, those don't mean a lot, I was just stating that the potential to compete in the highest rated PvP is there as a Feral, and I think it's there with a lot of classes/specs, it's just about who wants to put in that amount of time to learn it.
I wasn't doubting you. What I'm wondering is what makes them take top spot when nothing has changed for the better since 5.4?
I wasn't doubting you. What I'm wondering is what makes them take top spot when nothing has changed for the better since 5.4?

When a spec is quite honestly, THAT broken, the nerf that they got this patch, has hardly effected them, especially for the Gladiators that have been through the run-around time & time again.

It merely, for the most part thinned out the people who have no idea what they were doing with the spec other than popping Inc and spamming Ravage.

You also have to keep in mind that with each patch your class/spec isn't the only one being changed, sure, you lose instant Cyclones, but now this class doesn't have that OP talent anymore, or doesn't have this skill that countered everything before.

Looking at patch notes for every class and spec is what we should do, instead of just for 1 class. My point is, even if your specific spec gets nerfed, there are other classes being changed as well. So it's not always as bad as the nerf looks, and sometimes might even be a slight buff.
ferals are the strongest RBG fcs, and they're still quite good at 3v3 (mostly just because warrior/feral is still competitive)
But im just wondering will i get invites to rbgs? Like do people want ferals in their rbgs groups anymore? I never see them:/
10/18/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Kagome

When a spec is quite honestly, THAT broken, the nerf that they got this patch, has hardly effected them, especially for the Gladiators that have been through the run-around time & time again.

It merely, for the most part thinned out the people who have no idea what they were doing with the spec other than popping Inc and spamming Ravage.

You also have to keep in mind that with each patch your class/spec isn't the only one being changed, sure, you lose instant Cyclones, but now this class doesn't have that OP talent anymore, or doesn't have this skill that countered everything before.

Looking at patch notes for every class and spec is what we should do, instead of just for 1 class. My point is, even if your specific spec gets nerfed, there are other classes being changed as well. So it's not always as bad as the nerf looks, and sometimes might even be a slight buff.

I honestly think that's a slight exaggeration. It was, without any doubt, far too powerful given everything it had and I see that there was no course of action than to nerf CC (and some survivability) since they wouldn't touch our damage for PVE reasons.

But it wasn't even close to the level of ludicrousy when hunters and (TFB) warriors were dominating.

In any case the changes definitely thinned out the Feral population back to the hardcore fanatics (like yours truly :D), but now there's no reliably cast CC that Feral brings anymore.

Are you insinuating that Feral is wanted in RBG now because of other classes being weaker than Feral being stronger? I'm still trying to figure out what it is, but at least Datah may have shed some light on it.

If Feral plays a valuable role in FC since the damage increase to tanks, that's the niche.
Ferals are strong in RBGs for 2 reason
1 - Very nice sustained / burst dmg
2 - Very good FC (w/ HotW popped they might as well be a full on tank)