OSX Mavericks and Razer Naga Issue

Mac Technical Support
I've upgraded to Mavericks and now it seems that Shift, CTRL, and CMD will not work in combination with the number buttons on the mouse, though they seem to work fine on the keyboard. Is this an issue with the Razer drivers or my WoW client?
This was a problem before with OPTION without the drivers on my Pro, but worked ok on my MacBook Pro.

It is possible that the Naga drivers got uninstalled or failed to load. Knowing Razr, they'll have it fixed by next August :(
Same problem here, I believe the issue is with the Naga drivers.
Yeah, there seems to be some oddity with razor naga since upgrading to Maverick. While the combo keys isn't exclusive to Maverick, I kept finding my mouse refused to move sideways and would occasionally get stuck and only move from top to bottom last night. It worked itself out within a few minutes but that and seemingly feeling sluggish at times makes me believe it's a driver issue, which will get fixed in a couple years. =P
The problem you guys are saying is that, like for me, When I use Shift + Mouse button, it is no longer working, right?
It sounds like its the same problem back a few months ago.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8873917429?page=9#172
Unfortunately I can't help with specifics as I'm away from my home computer right now but I can tell you I did a flex raid last night after installing Mavericks and Shift+Naga worked fine for me (I couldn't play without it!)

I had some problems in the past like Poxxei linked to so I would recommend giving that thread a read, but for now I can only say there's a way to make it work.
Marked As Solution
FOUND A FIX!

Navigate to hard disk icon/Applications/Utilities/ and then open application called "Terminal"

once this is open, copy and paste this line into it and hit enter (make sure wow is NOT open when you do this)

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

after doing so, quit terminal like you would any other application.
Then just open up wow and see if it has made a difference for you
Hey thanks Poxxel! The terminal command fixed my problem.
This fix worked for me too...

My modifiers were working perfectly when I signed on and for the first hour tonight, and in the middle of a boss pull they stopped working...

Thanks for the solution!
this solved my problem for a day, but it started happening again tonight.

i really hope a permanent solution is found soon... not sure how I can play until it is resolved.
FIXED, awesome thanks!
Great tip with the terminal command. That worked for me! I have a buddy who was having the same issue and he just updated the Naga drivers and it solved his problem, although that didn't work for me. I think the updates were old updates, so that won't work for you, if you already updated when the updated drivers originally came out.
This is still broken for me, any word on a fix.

The alt key was broken first, used the Terminal command and that fixed it, but now the shift doesn't work.

I've updated Synapse, sent Razer a support ticket, posted here, searched other forums. Seems like i'm not the only one still having problems.
wow!, can't believe that worked, thanks! I wonder why the problem occurred in the first place?
10/26/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Zeomatrix
wow!, can't believe that worked, thanks! I wonder why the problem occurred in the first place?

The problem is, there is an expose bug apple refused to fix, because of this, blizzard had to add a fix that in turn broke naga mice. Which resulted in naga having to update their software to fix the new blizzard bug. However, 10.9 broke the naga software, thereby breaking the fix to the blizzard bug caused by blizzard fixing the apple bug.

That command disables the blizzard fix to apple bug, thus unbreaking the naga so that it works without naga's fix for the fix. Following so far? :)

Of course, this means the apple expose bug blizzard fixed is back as a result, something that I've NEVER even run into, anyways so I'm not sure how important that "fix" really even is.
i finally figure out the issue that was still affecting me.

The combination of Razer Naga, OS X Mavericks, Wow, and Mumble also caused my modifiers to stop working.

Last Friday I thought I resolved my issues with keybindings. Yesterday I logged in and did some stuff on Timeless Isle and everything still worked after the patch. I start invites for raid and fired up Mumble, and my keybindings stopped working again.

Once I figured it out and restarted Wow after quitting Mumble, everything worked.

I didn't like Mumble anyway...
This also fixes the issue for the Logitech G600 mouse:
FOUND A FIX!

Navigate to hard disk icon/Applications/Utilities/ and then open application called "Terminal"

once this is open, copy and paste this line into it and hit enter (make sure wow is NOT open when you do this)

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

after doing so, quit terminal like you would any other application.
Then just open up wow and see if it has made a difference for you
Still having this issue. Was able to bind Shift & Control to the side buttons on Razer Mamba, now nothing works. Those binds work on the top buttons, just not the side. I tried the terminal fix listed above and it didn't appear to affect anything.

Any word on a more permanent fix?
Bump