Banning account with no gametime for YEARS

Customer Support
10/24/2013 06:34 AMPosted by Blaris
Tell me, how can an account thats been INACTIVE for YEARS

Have you looked up these characters on the Armory just to make sure they are indeed still inactive? Do they even exist on the Armory?

Sounds like the account was compromised, added to a Battle.net account, and used for nefarious purposes. That really isn't that unusual.

Which also means your email account might be compromised.
Unfortunately, there's no nuber to call nor person to speak with. Demanding to speak with a supervisor via the forums (and using a lot of masked profanity which will only get you in more trouble) is not how you contest a ban.

There is only ONE way to contest a ban. That's to use the Support link in the top right of the forums and calmly and with a level head, contest the account action. Try to be concise and don't get caught up in the emotion of the situation.

Be straight and to the point. And don't use inappropriate language either ;)
I assumeing it was not the inactive acct. that was the issue. But rather one of the other accts. Since there all yours and you aledgedly broke the rules they all got banned..

I wish to speak to a supervisor - asap. Not the <removed>wits on the generic phone line nor the robot on the appeal webforum/livechat.

Why would they want to talk to you after you call them names? I would tell you to leave my buisness and never come back....
Perl - I've tried. Like i said, i just get copy/paste replies from these ''people''.

Gunstarr - The people on the phone can't help with account issues, and I'm just about done with the copy/paste bot on the support forum. I want to speak to a human who can help me. Not someone who palms me off to the copy/paste script.

----

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2844825323#5

Also, since when were accounts 'battle.net' wide? That's not part of the ToS.
Sorry if you think anyone here is a bot. Seems like you just don't like the answer really.

Sadly, you can stomp your feet and demand to speak with someone until you're blue in the face, it's not an option though.

Best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.
They are bots - just copy/pasting the same paragraph to my support tickets.

I asked in a ticket;

HOW CAN AN INACTIVE ACCOUNT BE USING THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS?

Here's the reply;

Hey there,

An additional review of the action has been completed. We have confirmed our initial findings, and the action will not be reversed or changed.

We understand that you may still have concerns regarding the action, but we must reiterate that it was taken to address a violation of the Terms of Use and End User License Agreement (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/), which all players accept before logging into the game.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in our games. Thank you for respecting our position.

that's a human is it?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-blizzard-announces-600-redundancies << That's where all the support team humans went. Just after they developed a script to auto-reply 5-24hours after a ticket goes in.
They are never going to tell you exactly how they found out that you were cheating. That's info the bot makers and gold sellers would kill for.

And if you weren`t cheating, you will most likely want to do some malware scans on your computer. Cuz you got hacked son.

So, its either you were cheating and got caught or you were hacked.
that's a human is it?

Yes it is. And they are not required to give you any specifics which is why you get a templated response. That doesn't make them a bot, nor does it mean that they didn't look into your situation again.
they use copy/pasted things for legal reasons. its the same reason why if you call a bill collector they say "This is communication from debt collector" its a way of protecting themselves.
They are never going to tell you exactly how they found out that you were cheating. That's info the bot makers and gold sellers would kill for.

And if you weren`t cheating, you will most likely want to do some malware scans on your computer. Cuz you got hacked son.

So, its either you were cheating and got caught or you were hacked.

They banned an 'inactive' account. I doubt the botters/hackers could do much exploiting with an account with 0 game time.
that's a human is it?

Someone had to hit CTRL+C, CTRL+V, right?

Seriously, Blizzard never gives out more than generic responses to bot questions because that is exactly what the bot users/creators want. Any information allows them to improve the program in hopes of evading detection.

In your specific case, I can't answer your question and Blizzard isn't likely to. But it has already been pointed out that it is possible the account had been compromised. Did you check the armory to see if/when the characters on this account were last logged in? Or your account page to see if time was added unknown to you? If you eliminate that possibility, it could help to add that to your next appeal, should you choose to try that.

Additionally, the timing of your ban and the use of the new add on are likely immaterial. Bans are often done well after the time of the violation because of the time it takes to investigate (and in many cases, study) the bot to determine if action is truly required. If you were compromised and somehow did not notice, it could be a result of actions taken weeks ago.
We get that you're mad. We get that your account had no playable time. We understand. What you don't seem to understand is that the forums are not an avenue to appeal such a decision.
10/24/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Blaris
They banned an 'inactive' account. I doubt the botters/hackers could do much exploiting with an account with 0 game time.
Generally they will activate the account using a stolen credit card, use the account for farming, gold exchanges, or any other illicit activities while the charge is still pending, then when the credit card company rejects the charge the account is deactivated.

So even if YOU didn't add time, someone may have and used the account.

This wouldn't be the first time that someone quoted something from 2 years ago (and the EU forums) that didn't match with a policy change that would have gone unmentioned.
Gunstarr - The people on the phone can't help with account issues, and I'm just about done with the copy/paste bot on the support forum

Awesome but you still called their employees names, and are demanding service.. your doing it wrong.. open a ticket

NO... They banned you, and everthing attached to YOU.
I'll make no claims as to your innocence or guilt, as I have no place to do so.

What I can tell you, is that if you really want to get this resolved, one way or the other, then you open another ticket, be concise and to the point, don't insult or use profanity, and follow the proper channels.

Otherwise, you are only going to find yourself being more upset, and your issue will be no closer to being resolved.

Continuing to press your case here, while perhaps making you feel better about the situation, is doing absolutely nothing to help your cause. Its just not the correct place to do so.

And having said that, I wish you success.
Open a ticket you all say;

Greetings,

This penalty has already been upheld.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

is the reply.

[quote]
NO... They banned you, and everthing attached to YOU.

Can you link me a more relevant blue post to the one I provided (as the account with 0 game time was from EU, i find it useful to link to you eu forums).
Open a ticket you all say;

Greetings,

This penalty has already been upheld.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

is the reply.

In that case, you have no further options, and your account will not be available for play again.

Sorry.