Banning account with no gametime for YEARS

Customer Support
Can you link me a more relevant blue post to the one I provided (as the account with 0 game time was from EU, i find it useful to link to you eu forums).

Two years old and policy changes on this sort of thing often go unmentioned.
10/24/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Capnmurphy
Can you link me a more relevant blue post to the one I provided (as the account with 0 game time was from EU, i find it useful to link to you eu forums).

Two years old and policy changes on this sort of thing often go unmentioned.

Show me proofs please.
If the account was from the EU, there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done here. EU and US are two separate systems, with no physical connection.

That said, you can continue to appeal until you are told they consider the matter closed. Each time you do appeal, it is looked at by a different set of (human) eyes.

Mistakes happen, and sometimes having a different person look at things makes all the difference in the world.

And to my knowledge (never had it happen to me) they only ban licenses, not Battle.net accounts or people.
You say the US and EU are two seperate systems (which i too thought) but that makes EVEN LESS SENSE;

even IF i was some l33t gold spammer in the US - how/why would this effect my inactive EU account... it makes 0 sense.

I've given up with the ticket system. All replies to all questions in every ticket is just;

Greetings,

This penalty has already been upheld.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

I've tried writing a neat, clean, calm post - just got the copy/paste bot.

ALSO, if they banned 'ME', why is this wow account still active?! Same name/address/paymentinfo. At least my wife's account (on her own b.net is safe). She'd cut my balls off if she got banned....no joke. she's a chef with BIg knives.

Also - to make it clear, i am appealing my two US accounts. Not the inactive EU account.
10/24/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Blaris
Also - to make it clear, i am appealing my two US accounts.

..and as you've been told, this isn't the place to do it.
We understand you're upset, but posting here is only making you more upset.

Continue to appeal (calmly) until the action is reversed, or no more appeals will be considered.

Continue to appeal (calmly) until the action is reversed, or no more appeals will be considered.

It's already at that point. The robot won't even copy/paste the full paragraph anymore.
So you've been asking us why your EU account was banned when it was inactive, yet you're trying to get your US accounts back and you've not said anything about why you were banned.

It sounds to me like the punishment was meant to be sever. That to show you the severity, they banned your entire battle.net account.

Since this has already been reviewed, your options are only to move on or start over.

Best of luck in whatever you chose to do.
10/24/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Pêrl
you've not said anything about why you were banned.

10/24/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Blaris
'third party software'
See....that's what happens when I start seeing masked profanity...I glaze over the post ;)

Thanks Nobully!
10/24/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Blaris
I want to speak to a human who can help me.

I get that you are upset, but the problem is you've already spoken to this person.

They can help you, but based on their findings, they have said that they will not.

Noone here can confirm what they've found, but they seem to be fairly certain that they are correct in their findings.

Sorry, but you aren't likely to get a different response.
10/24/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Pêrl
See....that's what happens when I start seeing masked profanity...I glaze over the post
Why would anyone reply to a post they hadn't actually read?
I'm done with all Blizzard games.

I'd offer you all my gear, but you know ... im in not position to do so. :(
I'm done with all Blizzard games.

I'd offer you all my gear, but you know ... im in not position to do so. :(

Seems like the rest of us are the ones gaining by having you leave the community.

Best of luck in your future gaming but please learn to not cheat.
They banned an 'inactive' account. I doubt the botters/hackers could do much exploiting with an account with 0 game time.

Hackers don’t always steal an account immediately when they 1st gain access to them. If the account doesn’t yet have much of value, they may leave it alone, until it is worth their time. They will check on the account from time to time, to see how it is doing.

If they notice that the account has not been accessed in sometime, they will go ahead and steal it then. They will use a scroll of resurrection, or stolen credit card(from one of their gold buying customers) to reactivate it They can use that account to their heart’s content to farm and bot, without worries for the owner finding out right away. Then when the toons are high and skilled enough, they will sell it on ebay or other such sites.

You say the US and EU are two seperate systems (which i too thought) but that makes EVEN LESS SENSE;

The laws and regulations in each region defer widely. Because of this, the Blizzard incorporated in each region is a separate entity from that in other regions. In other words Blizzard EU, and Blizzard NA, are Different "Sister" Companies under the same Parent company. While they are still over all, part of Blizzard Entertainment: Blizzard NA and Blizzard EU are legally two totally different Companies, incorporated under widely different set of laws, and regulations. To be in complacence with the different laws, they have different ToU and EULA, and their game clients are slightly different as well.

Because they are two separate legal entities they do not share infrastructure, nor are they interconnected.
Like somone else said, if one of your accounts is convicted of something in court of blizzard they aren't jsut going to punish one of those accounts even if its the only offending account. They punish the person and not the account.. after all, the account did nothing wrong. Shall we go to the Cliche comment about guns and people?
Like somone else said, if one of your accounts is convicted of something in court of blizzard they aren't jsut going to punish one of those accounts even if its the only offending account. They punish the person and not the account.. after all, the account did nothing wrong. Shall we go to the Cliche comment about guns and people?

Actually just the opposite.

Only the offending account is actioned. Just as a person is allowed to open a new account after having one banned if they so wish.
It would be a major change in policy to ban all accounts, but if banned software were running on the system it would be detected on every account run from that system.

So the only really odd thing about the story is the inactive EU account being banned at the same time as all the (I’m assuming) active NA accounts.
10/25/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Tomten
It would be a major change in policy to ban all accounts,

Not so much. It's happened before - but only for the most severe offenders.

That sort of punishment generally happens when a player is deliberately using a "throwaway" account for nefarious deeds (usually botting) and funneling the proceeds to their main account.

In the past, under extreme circumstances like this, Blizzard has been known to close all accounts that a player has - anything registered in their name or paid for using their credit card.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
I am wondering if we are beginning of a ban wave based on ceilingfan's client list. That would explain why all accounts on the same B-Net account, getting banned, even the long time inactive EU one.