Why another dress?

Paladin
I already have the greatest transmogrification obtainable. I care little for the aesthetics of upcoming gear that I'll just be transforming the moment I acquire it.
you stub your toe for 1 million dmg.

That's why you don't wear shoots; steel-toed boots, swear by them!
If Cody Lundin can do it, I can too!!
10/27/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Maebyfunke
Cody Lundin

...Am I the only one going, "Who?"
I already have the greatest transmogrification obtainable. I care little for the aesthetics of upcoming gear that I'll just be transforming the moment I acquire it.

Yea suuuuuuure you do. Everyone thinks they have the best mo...holy !@#$, that is actually a damn good 'mog.
Yea suuuuuuure you do. Everyone thinks they have the best mo...holy !@#$, that is actually a damn good 'mog.

Yeah, he does that, it is really good.

@this thread.

Dresses or robes, transmog makes these threads pointless, stop making them.
Dresses or robes, transmog makes these threads pointless, stop making them.

It's not pointless if you want to use them for transmog though!
Just wear bra and panties like me.
wuts wrong with male belf n skirts??
I thought the ToT tier was awful... funny looking and not really paladin-ish.

T16 looks like T13(Dragon Soul) Except done right this time. TY blizz, now i just need it to drop for me so i can wear it! :P
I know people look forward to upcoming tier appearances for more transmog options, but we already have plenty of great choices.

... That said, my problem with T16 isn't the dress, but the helmet. Wasn't looking forward to half of all paladins trying to look like Boba Fett, akin to how everyone wore Judgement Crown/the replicas in order to try and look like Iron Man.
10/28/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Radiette
look like Boba Fett

...Not seeing it. Older, Sith Wars-era Mandalorian beskar'gam, maybe - but I can't see any self-respecting Mando sporting a feathered headdress atop their buy'ce, save maybe some of the ancient tribal Taung.
It's not pointless if you want to use them for transmog though!

No, you misunderstand me.

The thread is pointless because it's pointless QQ with no "solution" since there is no "problem".

Transmog fixes any issues with gear appearance, and some people like the robes. End of discussion, anything past that is pointless typing.
The problem is that we get excited for new tiers of gear in hopes that we have have another great choice to pick from when it comes to the look of our gear and get let down when the new gear comes out looking a hot mess. All the paladin gear this ENTIRE MoP expansion has been terrible.

The last time they had any good gear design was in TBC. I think they are just running out of ideas and I personally don't want my paladin to run around looking like a bird every expansion.

What is with blizzard and making paladin sets resemble birds?
Because we're too beautiful for anything else?

Think about it, would you rather be wearing short shorts?
TBH while transmog is a solution to avoiding dress style'd armored I believe the real problem is the ingame texture. I'm almost sure more ppl would like or wouldn't mind the way dress style armor looked if the texture actually showed the missing details, like the slits on the sash that would reveal armored leggings behind them.

Also having the sash being more free flowing as to allow a more natural look melding with the heavy armor instead of a simple dress that covers the entire lower portion of the character like a block.

Not wow but just look at how the cloth sash looks and moves with Imperius armor from diablo 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xydc-3Zuw.

While wow may never look super detail or as amazing as a diablo 3 cgi but just imagine if the graphic engine got an uplift and that kind of detail was somewhat possible. Dress cloth sash style armor would be freaking badass looking imo. Also while on this topic, blizzard we need an Imperius Style tier set.
Tier 16 looks awesome to many people.
Tier 16 looks awesome to many people.

This, personal feelings on the armor are not really relevant, that truth is many people like the T16 armor set, while some may not, and that's fine, every tier that has come out has been like by some, despised by others.

Thanks to transmog though, you are not required to look at that armor for the entire tier or until next expansion.

10/28/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Angelista
All the paladin gear this ENTIRE MoP expansion has been terrible.

Again, another blanket statement, and one many people will disagree with. I've seen many T14 and T15 transmogs running around, so someone is clearly enjoying those sets. Just because you may not like some sets that have come out recently doesn't mean they aren't just as good as others, it's personal preference, we're talking about appearance, not stat allocation where there is one right answer.

I personally don't like the Pally sets this expac, but that doesn't mean I can't understand why other people like them. Luckily for me, I can happily rock the heroic T11 with some purple shield action as long as I want thanks for transmog :)
I love it and can't wait for the items to drop! And beats the hell of that repulsive ToT tier set :-)
I wouldn't mind dresses so much if they didn't look so bad with the games poor graphics engine. Heck I usually use T2 transmog because I can usually overlook how horrible the dress meshes look, but every now and then I stop and just shake my head at it.

I just wish they could do more complex meshes. Actually make kilts, strips of metal hanging down, etc. Instead dresses in the game are essentially just a tube with finger paint applied over it. Even then the textures look all stretched out and funky even with graphics on max.