Demolish Testing

Pet Battles
1 2 3 6 Next
I did some testing of Demolish today to get some actual numbers on how often it's hitting. I used 2 Anubisath Idols and counted 115 possible chances to hit for each. Anub #1 hit 85 times for a hit ate of 73.9%. Anub #2 hit 89 times for a hit rate of 77.3%.

I didn't use Sandstorm, there were no other hit chance modifiers, and I discounted attempts that were blocked or dodged. I tested on Vale pets so the only examples of this were Cocoon or Dive.

I'm going to test a mechanical rabbit later tonight and see what that hit rate is. If anyone else can do some testing I'd appreciate it. I know 230 isn't a huge sample size but IMO it's enough to raise suspicions that something's up with this spell.

I had to count by hand as my PAR addon isn't working.
I only have anecdotal evidence w/ the ability that can't be trusted. :P

But I have been getting slammed w/ 40% accuracy Demolishes in Sandstorm 4-5 times in a row quite a bit lately.

I'd be interested to see some more (real) testing w/ this too.
Haven't really being tracking it, but I've noticed that it's hitting at a pretty good rate. Of course, don't have any hard numbers to back it up so it could just be a random blip.
I believe these figures.
It's like flipping a coin 100 times landing heads 70 times landing tails 30.
Doesn't mean theres a 70% chance to land heads.

Well no, but if there was a way to change the odds of the coin flipping either heads or tails, then it'd be reasonable to suspect a shifty coin if it hit the level of statistical improbability.
I'd love to see more testing as well, although even before reading this thread, I have been quite satisfied that Demolish is hitting well beyond 50%.

And people know there is an exploit. I almost never saw demolish in 5.3. Now it is showing up a lot.
And people know there is an exploit. I almost never saw demolish in 5.3. Now it is showing up a lot.

I'm sure the introduction of Kovok and Death Adders didn't help.

Assuming Demolish is 50%, Demolish Lottery is a viable way of countering those teams.
recently I have been using Crush from my Idol, makes me curious if the hit chances have been swapped.

Edit: Did some more testing, not enough to warrant a 'statistic' but think that the hit chances of crush and demolish have been swapped, can anyone check?

Assuming Demolish is 50%, Demolish Lottery is a viable way of countering those teams.

I know that it's pretty funny when Demolish lands through blinding poison.

I know that it's pretty funny when Demolish lands through blinding poison.

http://i.imgur.com/8M0aa.jpg

Is pretty much my reaction whenever I lose a match cause of that !@#$%^- bug.

That's not really what I'm saying. I'm saying that in my testing it performed at 74 and 77 percent. If one had been 40% and another 80% I'd be more inclined to dismiss an n=230 as RNG. Because the two were so close I'm just not ready to say working as intended. Thanks for the probability lesson though.
Well, this prompted me to maul some critters with Demolish myself. I decided to, for whatever reason, use it until I managed 100 hits per pet. I guess it was an easy benchmark and I knew it'd give a sample size a little bigger than just 100.

When using an Anubisath Idol Demolish hit 100 out of 132 times - 75.75%.

When using Menagerie Custodian Demolish hit 100 out of 131 times - 76.33%.

When using Anodized Robo-Cub Demolish hit 100 out of 137 times - 72.99%.
I started tracking this myself a couple of days ago but just as I go around doing trainers so I don't have alot of attempts yet. How many attempts do we need before we can conclude it's bugged and hitting at a rate higher than it should (if this is the case)?
With Ixtabez's results I'm ready to conclude it's bugged right now. Over 600 attempts and all of them within 73-77%? Yeah, something's up!
Were you testing it on lvl 25 pets? I could certainly be wrong, but I thought you gained additional % to hit or miss depending on your pet's lvl vs. the other pet's level.

I know there's an additional 2% chance to miss per level when you face something higher, but I haven't heard of it working the other way around. That aside, I did my tracking in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. So level 24 and level 25 opponents.
Ridiculous, I am running a triple Demolish team and 75% seems about right.
This frightens me.
Seems like they would have internal numbers on demolish and know something is up.