What is being done...

Customer Support
...about verbally abusive players? I was just in a dungeon and the healer kept dying. I made a wise crack about it as a joke (and I wasn't the only one) and one of them decided to attack my mother. [Removed]

Or something along those lines. I reported this under language because I am not sure what to report it as.
But is anything going to be done about this kind of behavior? I have seen some bad verbal abuse in this game before but that was taking it too far. When is something going to be done?
So you insult the healer "in good fun" and when he gets upset and retaliates, you're suddenly the victim in this scenario?
So you insult the healer "in good fun" and when he gets upset and retaliates, you're suddenly the victim in this scenario?

No I did not insult him. I never called him a name. Someone said he had the power to let us all die because people got on to him and I said that power back fired. He took it to a whole other level.
But is anything going to be done about this kind of behavior? I have seen some bad verbal abuse in this game before but that was taking it too far. When is something going to be done?

They collect the reports and if enough stack up there will be repercussions for that person.
Two things.

You are the one that started it.

Also, drop group?
Don't want none, don't start none...
Two things.

Also, drop group?

That's like telling my daughter she can choke her brother if he started something. I can take an insult. But take a long hard look at what was said. You can't tell me you support that.
Sorry to say that you contributed to this. Was your crack on the same level as his? My guess would be no it was not but you are here complaining about abusive people and you are just as guilty. Maybe stop the "in good fun" would be a good idea.
Generally speaking, they act on harassment when it's unprovoked and you are not "engaging them" - i.e. you are expected to drop all communication/replies/etc to them.

As it seems you made the first provocation and then kept engaging them - GM's won't interfere.
Two things.

Also, drop group?

Don't want none, don't start none...

Sorry to say that you contributed to this. Was your crack on the same level as his? My guess would be no it was not but you are here complaining about abusive people and you are just as guilty. Maybe stop the "in good fun" would be a good idea.
No I did not insult him. I never called him a name. Someone said he had the power to let us all die because people got on to him and I said that power back fired. He took it to a whole other level.

Y'know if you're driving without a license and someone else crashes into you, totally their fault... you're the only one legally culpable? In the eyes of the law, even if the other guy was entirely the reason for the crash, you're at fault because you should never have been on the road in the first place.

I'm not exonerating them for their cruel statements or remotely implying that they were warranted. But the moment you chimed in with your wisecracks, you were on that road without a license. Had you kept quiet, nothing would've happened.
You people seem to be missing the words that he used. Maybe it's because you guys never lost someone close. Or maybe you guys are on his level. Who knows? But I hope this never happens to either one of you and someone else uses as a weapon. One of the members said "10 years ago and you are still not over it?" No because that kind of pain never goes away. You just find room for it. You are all right. I shouldn't have made a wise crack. But he didn't need to take it that far. And if people are going to agree with him then they are no better.
1) You started it.
2) You got mad when he came back at you "in fun".

He didn't come at me. He went after someone who isn't alive to defend herself and used it as a joke.
You people seem to be missing the words that he used. Maybe it's because you guys never lost someone close. Or maybe you guys are on his level. Who knows? But I hope this never happens to either one of you and someone else uses as a weapon. One of the members said "10 years ago and you are still not over it?" No because that kind of pain never goes away. You just find room for it. You are all right. I shouldn't have made a wise crack. But he didn't need to take it that far. And if people are going to agree with him then they are no better.

You got in a tiff with another player. It wasn't harassment. It was a verbal tiff.

To us, you're both guilty.
/facepalm
11/04/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Nêkro
You people seem to be missing the words that he used.

That's not it at all. No one's contesting that the other guy probably overreacted to what you said. What people are focusing on is that it was still a reaction. He didn't just start attacking you out of the blue, he was reacting to what you'd already said.

Maybe it's because you guys never lost someone close. Or maybe you guys are on his level. Who knows?

Quickly switching to the offensive like that suggests that you might not have been as calm and collected as your retelling suggests.
1) You started it.
2) You got mad when he came back at you "in fun".

He didn't come at me. He went after someone who isn't alive to defend herself and used it as a joke.

You made a joke. He made a joke. Yet you are (presumably) the only one crying about it on the forums.

Don't give out what you can't take. And for everything else, there is ignore. Seriously, why do people not simply ignore? You have the power to fix this all on your own. But instead of simply right clicking and pressing ignore, ya gotta come here and tell us about it.

/ignore

/thread

Problem solved.
What is being done.... about you & other people acting like angsty preteens?

Nothing unless it gets reported.

Seriously, grow up. This isn't elementary school.