Any plans to update Sunsong Ranch?

General Discussion
Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of getting your own Ranch, but it feels like it's missing "something". For example, when you hire a farmhand, there's only really two options that actually *do* anything, even though each of the Tillers are fairly interesting. I'd even suggest letting us change our farm-hand, just for a bit of variety (not sure if this is already possible or not).

Also, personally, I'd like to have a way to give the ranch one big, final upgrade, after becoming Best Friends with all of the Tillers. Be it expanding the house there, adding more outdoor decor, or something else entirely, I'd like to see a little extra "flash".

Also, please make Ella specifically have some kind of use as a farm-hand. She's adorable in her quests, I can't help but to crack a smile (particularly turning in a Lovely Apple to her).
It's probably pretty much done.

Considering how much we used it, it'll likely get something similar in the upcoming expansion. We've shown Blizzard we like the concept.
Hope to see more similar content in the next expak. It clearly was a successful test of personal phased content.

Considering how much we used it, it'll likely get something similar in the upcoming expansion. We've shown Blizzard we like the concept.

Perhaps, but I like Sunsong Ranch *specifically*, being that it suits this character so well.

If nothing else, it'd be nice to get a "second Hearthstone" to it. Share the cooldown with your main Hearthstone, but let us revisit the Ranch on a whim, too. On that note, assuming it doesn't get upgraded any further, at least give us a "Summer Blossom" to plant :P
For me the only opportunity missed was to allow a group to visit it. I would so much like a place to hold a guild meeting that did not require encyclopedic knowledge of all the quest points + mental telepathy for all other members of the server, to find a spot to RP for two hours undisturbed.

Hopefully they will consider this in the future.

God, I hope you're right. And something permanent too that carries through expansions. I love that Ranch.

So much.

God, I hope you're right. And something permanent too that carries through expansions. I love that Ranch.

So much.

/High-five to my farm-loving brother!

Also, agreed; phasing has really been a double-edged sword. Personally, I'm hoping they either scale phasing back in favor of adding more Scenarios, or that they simply add a way to enter your party-leader's phase.
Anybody else hoping Sunsong Ranch continues to get some kind of content throughout the expansion? ^_^
I wonder if we'll be getting new seeds next expansion.
I've heard rumors that Blizz isn't going to expand/upgrade the farm in the future, but that's all it's been... rumors. I can't find anything one way or another. It's actually a pretty bleek info-landscape in that regard.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing several items suggested in other similar posts, I just get this feeling that the farm, being Pandaren in focus, just isn't in the cards for a non-Pandaren expansion. Perhaps (guesswork) they might do something similar in another location in the next xpac, but I would have no idea whether it would work essentially the same, or be radically different (however that might pan out).

We can only wait and see... Fortunately Blizzcon is just a few days away and hopefully items like this will be addressed.

*crosses fingers*
The ranch is probably the single best thing in Mists. The most utilitarian and convenient and profit making feature of this expansion. There are a lot of things they could do to improve bits and parts but overall, a huge success. Those of us who really work it with multiple alts are still amazed that this small parcel of land can make or break your professionals. It's an outstanding business asset.

It's also cute with piggys and kittys running around, blah blah fun. Wish that orange tree grew Pom Fruit and/or give us seeds for the "new ingredients" please.
I have a idea. Sunsong ranch was AMAZING! but the problem is that, sooner or later, we will leave Pandaria behind. another sunsong in the new continent will be great, but alas sooner or later that place will be abandoned to. So, to fix this, put a "sunsong" in Elyiwin and another in durotan, both themed to suit their faction, so then no matter what the next xpac throws at us they could just update the seeds, which takes 0 effort and every one will be happy.
I have a idea. Sunsong ranch was AMAZING! but the problem is that, sooner or later, we will leave Pandaria behind. another sunsong in the new continent will be great, but alas sooner or later that place will be abandoned to. So, to fix this, put a "sunsong" in Elyiwin and another in durotan, both themed to suit their faction, so then no matter what the next xpac throws at us they could just update the seeds, which takes 0 effort and every one will be happy.

Interesting, but ick, Durotar. I'm sure we can find a better place than that.
There should be something else, for the new content (expansion) that perhaps not a ranch but maybe a magical mine or lab of some sort. Something that goes with the content.

I like the ability to farm for items without having to farm for them. With a reputation and progressive twist, makes it that much more fun.

I Love the concept. Makes getting trill easy
Interesting, but ick, Durotar. I'm sure we can find a better place than that.
True, it is a gross wasteland, but we need to keep things balanced, and it needs to be a place where people will hang out no matter what xpac we bump into. Unless they put all the conveniences of a capitol city in every capital city, which will be great for more reasons than our ranches. Maybe hordes ranch can be in Mulgore or eversong.
Well, like I said, I would personally be disappointed if Sunsong Ranch was left to rot, but it definitely makes sense to move away from Pandaria for most people, anyways.

Perhaps they could make each "farm" account-wide, and have multiple locations spread all across Azeroth (or Draenor), with each area having a "specialty" type of crop? For example, perhaps Sunsong Ranch could remain the true "Cooking farm" with new mats for the new expansion, while Elwynn Forest and Eversong Woods could grow things for Herbalism, Dun Morogh and Durotar could have "Mining farms", and so on, so forth?

That way, Sunsong Ranch remains relevant, without seeming mandatory? Plus, I would *LOVE* to see different takes on the "farm/house" concept. Maybe even change the Isle of Caer'darrow (where Scholomance is) to become a place to farm Enchanting mats? I've always wanted a means of "lording over" that place :P
Well, like I said, I would personally be disappointed if Sunsong Ranch was left to rot, but it definitely makes sense to move away from Pandaria for most people, anyways.

Perhaps they could make each "farm" account-wide, and have multiple locations spread all across Azeroth (or Draenor), with each area having a "specialty" type of crop? For example, perhaps Sunsong Ranch could remain the true "Cooking farm" with new mats for the new expansion, while Elwynn Forest and Eversong Woods could grow things for Herbalism, Dun Morogh and Durotar could have "Mining farms", and so on, so forth?

That way, Sunsong Ranch remains relevant, without seeming mandatory? Plus, I would *LOVE* to see different takes on the "farm/house" concept. Maybe even change the Isle of Caer'darrow (where Scholomance is) to become a place to farm Enchanting mats? I've always wanted a means of "lording over" that place :P
This will all be great, truly, I will pay blizz 5 bucks extra a month for this, but I doubt many players will like the inconvenience of traveling multiple zones for their daily resource grind