Instant 90: Should it come with professions?

General Discussion
01/22/2014 11:24 AMPosted by Jartrielas
much the same way they did with Ghost Iron and Blacksmithing.

And Cooking.

Blizzard is definitely taking steps to making profession catch up easy and cheaper. Not to mention that profs are by no means a requirement for your character, unless your min/maxing.

I think they need to remove the "bonuses" from professions again.
No, stop being lazy and just level up your damn professions.
There is a reason why copper ore sells for 10-20g a stack...

It is called "laziness."

Professions are not mandatory. NONE of them are. For that reason alone, professions should not be allowed to level with your free 90 boost.
No. A free 90 is too much as it is. Don't dumb things down even more.

The point of the the free 90 is to allow new and returning players to jump right into the action with their friends. Professions are not necessary for that.
It is called "laziness."

Professions are not mandatory. NONE of them are. For that reason alone, professions should not be allowed to level with your free 90 boost.
Yep and as was said earlier if they came with max professions the market would be messed up. As someone who doesn't mind farming i can't support that.
What is this convenience thing you speak of? Everytime people ask for more convenience, something gets screwed up and requires even more conveniences.

How about this... Blizzard, give us insta-90, bis gear, capped professions, all the old mounts we normally have to farm, pets, etc. All for the sake of convenience! Because none of us really want to earn anything let alone play this game anymore .........
11/09/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Windsocks
I am seriously thinking about the pros and cons of letting the instant 90 character come with a pair of level 600 professions. By no means do I feel it is necessary, and I wouldn't be upset if they decided against it. However, I think it would be a nice addition to a catch-up convenience mechanic that is the idea behind offering this free level 90.

One of the biggest responsibilities of an active player is to keep a pair of max level professions during content. I am sure we are all aware of how valuable it is, and I am not just talking about making money. When it comes to raiding, having maxed professions offers more to the guild and group.

My personal reasons: I am contemplating a max shaman when the expansion is released. When I start new content, I like to be able to farm and use materials I find, instead of having to come back later for it all.

What do you all think? Has it already been addressed with other Blizzcon announcements?
\

I doubt it would happen because professions are not necessary to experience most of the content. They help and they are useful for the more serious player, but adding it here doesn't make sense. Boost-to-90 is already removing hours of work, plus the gathering professions can be done solely in Pandaria.
Giving people maxed out jewel crafting, enchanting and others would be ridiculous. They might as well just copy PTR pre mades and gives you two sets of gear, gold, professions, flying skills, and mounts you didn't earn while you are at it.

Like a DK, if you skip content you go back and level the professions or you don't have one.
Absolutely not. I think about all the time I have invested leveling professions, I htink about all those frustrating hurdles you come across where its just a monumental effort to get that last five skill ups for the next tier .... and then someone is just handed that? I don't think so.

The privilege of having the stat bonuses and the items to sell is and should always be earned.
No they shouldn't. And I say this for more reasons than the fact that I am stockpiling leveling mats to sell for when this thing goes live.
Personally... I hope they don't (same for mounts and riding skills).

Here's why I say that. Undoubtedly, there will be new players coming to wow with the xpac... and a big part of the "free 90 QQ" is inexperienced/bad players. Well... free 90 or not... you'll need to get back to the old world, to gather mats, learn systems, earn gold (to get your mount/riding skill). That'll require a fair amount of game experience (not xp) to accomplish. Will it be the difference between "good" and "bad" players... absolutely not, but it will give new players an incentive to learn a little about the game before landing themselves in the fray with the "vets".

All that said, I would love to see a "token" that grants profession levels (along the lines of rep coins from Zandalari rares)... that's purchasable with end game currency (jp or whatever) to take the pain out of it for our alts.

In other words... make it hard the first time through, and easier the second.
I leveled alchemy in about 2 days without picking flowers. It's not much of a time sink and with everyone having a surplus in gold, it's very easy. No need to make things even easier.
You give them an inch...

/irony on
We should get two maxed professions and also all the secondary profession maxed and a set of heroic raiding gear as well as every top pvp items out there on those brand new paid for 90s. That way we woudlnt have to play them at all... they would already made it to end game and we will avoid the problems about not knowing to play our classes.
/irony off

They want a mile.
If the whole point of giving out level 90's is to bring lapsed players back to the game there's no reason to give out profession boosts.

OR

As I learned from my thread on this from everyone; FARM NOW AND GOUGE THEM ALL!
No, it shouldn't come with professions.

Professions are optional to end-game content, leveling is not optional. But people like me despise leveling. I can't get an alt character past level 30 anymore. Its embarassing. I need insta-90's to have other classes at 90 - but i don't need professions.
11/09/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Windsocks
I am seriously thinking about the pros and cons of letting the instant 90 character come with a pair of level 600 professions. By no means do I feel it is necessary, and I wouldn't be upset if they decided against it. However, I think it would be a nice addition to a catch-up convenience mechanic that is the idea behind offering this free level 90.
Didn't we already go though this a bit with Death Knights? They start off at level 55 and exit into WoW at large at level 58. It was thought that maybe they should get a profession or two of 300 skill (BC level) so they can hit the ground running and ready when they step though the Dark Portal.

Instead, it's just like any other toon that you want to start or switch profession on. You just go to the AH and buyout daisies, copper, and light leather or go pick, mine or skin it yourself. Then power level.
01/22/2014 11:20 AMPosted by Arielen
Honestly "leveling" professions at all is kind of an out dated idea. I get that it is an MMO and it is supposed to be a time sink but I would rather them do something completely different with them instead of just making us grind out a bunch of mats that take forever to get just for the sake of keeping it as a time sink and something to work for.

I have every profession except for fishing maxed. Totally worth it.

How can you have the patience to max all those professions, but not have the patience for fishing? It's the easiest one!
Well, stuff you craft before the endgame actually has value to people still.

So while it is grindy and it is annoying to people who just plain don't want to do it, the profession leveling should still be there.