Controller-support for Heroes of the Storm?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Not saying it needs to be competitive, or even plausible for playing all characters, but... why not recognize a basic 360-style controller, for basic movement? If the thumbstick would register basic movement, I guarantee the fans could make the rest of it work.

Also, I would KILL for controller-support for the PC version of Diablo III!!!
Non-competitive control options in a purely competitive game seems an odd choice. Wouldn't hold my breath. Would you really want to play a MOBA where you're at a huge disadvantage from the start?
Well, I can play Smite and GW2 beautifully using a controller. I actually find Smite quite a lot easier, in fact, with a controller.

There's just something about having direct, hands-on control that just feels better, to me. It's just all about preferences.
Anybody else here like using a controller? Particularly with this style of game, I could just see myself playing it from the couch, instead of having to be hunched over a keyboard all the time. Sure, it might be a technically inferior option, but really, does that hurt anybody?
One (or more I'm not sure) have said at some of their venues that they have a working form of "controller" set up, how you would go about such a thing…thats for someone who knows the ins and outs of setting that kind of thing up in the place to say, but it does exist already within the dev team itself.
Just would like to point out, i play HOTS from my couch...... Wireless keyboard and mouse. would be nice to ditch kb/m for the new xbox one controller (since its NATIVELY COMPATIBLE with windows 10) *cough*
I also prefer to use a controller as my desktop is fairly old and i mostly game on the laptop i use for college atm, also my gaming space is my bed since i live in a small bedroom (desktop is plugged into my tv)
11/08/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Claymore
Well, I can play Smite and GW2 beautifully using a controller. I actually find Smite quite a lot easier, in fact, with a controller.

There's just something about having direct, hands-on control that just feels better, to me. It's just all about preferences.

Smite was always planned to head to consoles, though, and its third-person perspective reflects that. It was designed in a controller-friendly manner from the get go. The same cannot be said for Heroes or other MOBAs
11/08/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Claymore
Not saying it needs to be competitive, or even plausible for playing all characters, but... why not recognize a basic 360-style controller, for basic movement? If the thumbstick would register basic movement, I guarantee the fans could make the rest of it work.

Also, I would KILL for controller-support for the PC version of Diablo III!!!

Nearly every hero requires being able to target things with a pointer; it's part of the skill cap for that game. A game like Diablo, which is similar, was able to get around by redesigning how targeted skills work across the board with auto-targeting the nearest mob in the direction you're facing. That wouldn't work with HotS.
All the arguments against this are the same arguments I've heard for years in the FGC for why pad players are at a "disadvantage." Despite some of them, you know, winning Evo.