A Humble Suggestion

Paladin
As a Protection Paladin, I feel like my tanking lacks the flair that other classes have. Death Knights tanking with a two hander and no shield. Druids becoming bears and tearing the enemies apart with their bare hands. I will not apply a pun there. Monks doing the Martial Artist thing while ALSO drinking like a freshman. Warriors are classically identified by a knight with a sword and shield, but they can Weaponmaster glyph to be changing weapons with every shout... But a Protection Paladin just has a weapon and a shield and the occasional yellow cracky ground effect...

But I had an idea a little while ago, that I would REALLY like to see.

- The Dual Shield -

Hear me out on this. Either work out some game mechanic that would let a Paladin equip two shields and somehow use one as a weapon, or just put in a Minor Glyph that would allow a Prot Paladin to appear as if his offhand shield were graphically copied onto his right hand as well, for two identical shields. I won't even ask for the ability to curl up between both shields and roll away like a little wheel.

Unless you want to give me that too. Thank you!
Think of yourself as a magic swordsman. Problem solved.
But a Protection Paladin just has a weapon and a shield and the occasional yellow cracky ground effect...

occasional yellow cracky ground effect..

Your paladin license has been revoked, have a wonderful day.
our flair this expac has about hitting buttons as fast as humanely possible.
A Paladin going with a sword, board, and occasional gouts of holy flame is as iconic as high fantasy gets.
Wat.

Do you realize how dumb it would look to use two shields?
Meh, we get these types of threads every once in a while, and usually the response is the same.

The reasons paladins aren't going to.....

dual wield
dual shield-wield
use a spear or pike as a one hander
any other general big change

is balance.

We would now have to have certain shields with offensive capabilities and statistics, or we would have to give every shield some level of weapon dps, creating another balancing nightmare that we don't need.

We're not gonna dual wield tank for the same reason, if you REALLY wanna dual wield tank go DK and do it for some trivial content, DK's used to do it until they realized it sucked major amounts of donkey nuts for threat, and balancing it against two-handers was not gonna happen.

One-handed spears or pikes or halbreds or whatever would just add to the already ridiculous loot bloat were already experiencing, if anything, WoD looks like it's going to limit loot types with the change to avoidance stats, I think most of us welcome this idea after coining crap like heroic warforged dodge/parry gloves instead of the haste/mastery legs we're looking for.

Not trying to really piss on your parade OP, but these ideas are nothing new, and while they always provide an entertaining discussion, the amount of dev time that would be necessary to achieve these changes is dev time lost on creating new and interesting leveling, raiding, and pvp content. The ride isn't worth the pain basically.
What if our shield ever time we used SotR glowed yellow and could sometimes crit or stack and if it did the yellow grew bigger enveloping a shield crest on us, so we looked sort of like a yellow tank comet ??
What if our shield ever time we used SotR glowed yellow and could sometimes crit or stack and if it did the yellow grew bigger enveloping a shield crest on us, so we looked sort of like a yellow tank comet ??

We have so much yellow already. We're literally the flashiest tanks in the game.
when ever i see this kinda thread all it makes me want is a two-hander and shield (like a paladin with a war mace that would be used as a two-handed weapon for most other people in size and a tower shield at his side)

remove the NEED for one hander's from prot and make it optional and have it work similar to a monk or furry war, one handers and two handers giving a different benifit

example: one-handed - increased damage/haste by x%

two-handed - increase avoidence/mastey by x%

not like it will happen but it's less weird than 2 shields ....
What about a glyph that let you transmog a polearm over your tank weapon? Extra flair for those who want it, only a transmog so stat balance isnt an issue, and frankly it would make you look like Spartan. (A real Spartan, not those dorks in 300. The history was ~way~ better than the comic.)
You mean 900000 mobs bouncing off you and you just giggling like something out of a Kill Bill movie doesn't do it for you?
But a Protection Paladin just has a weapon and a shield and the occasional yellow cracky ground effect...

occasional yellow cracky ground effect..

Your paladin license has been revoked, have a wonderful day.

We're downgrading you to Crazy Homeless Man Yelling About the Rapture With a Sword.

Also, I had an idea for a Psychic/Mental mail-wearing battlemage class that tanked with two shields, but I realized there was no way to make it not sound dumb, so I never really posted about it anywhere.
We lack flair?

I missed the memo, apparently.