Gladiator Stance

Paladin
So warriors have a lvl 100 talent called extreme measures. If prot specced, it would replace defensive stance with gladiator stance, which appears to make them a dps spec with a shield.

This is awesome!

I really hope something comparable is added for paladins. I would love to be dps with a shield. I hope I am not along in this. Spread the word and raise support!
From first glance of the talent, it seems more to make prot a more a viable pvp option rather than a straight up dps option just from where the numbers currently are.
Nevermind I'm dumb.
My other toon is a war and the glad stance is a full out DPS option. At this time a gladiator warrior is comparable, if not superior DPS to the traditional specs.

I *really* hope they make this an option for paladins as well. I love tanking as a Paladin (hate it as a warrior) but I utterly suck at holy and ret. Considering how much a port paladin uses their shield, it seems like a role that would be made for them. One of my problems is I want to go into raiding using this toon with my guild, but ewe have 2 established MTs. In order to be in position to step in when needed, I need this toon to be present. Without a viable optional spec that I am good at, I have to resort to taking my warrior instead.

Blizz, please make this a viable option for paladins as well.
I wish instead of adding a gladiator warrior talent to prot, that they would make a melee battle cleric playstyle for holy. Give them a 2h weapon and let damage proc heals similar to a disc priest. Or just make an endgame viable shockadin build. whatever.
11/12/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Wangbro
From first glance of the talent, it seems more to make prot a more a viable pvp option rather than a straight up dps option just from where the numbers currently are.

Actually Glad Warriors do insane DPS right now, to the point Blizzard is thinking the actual DPS specs need help to be comparable. Fury got a boost a few days ago but still needs something else to make it competitive.

Shield Charge makes other abilities do more damage, they get extra damage just from being in glad stance, and they get 1 AP per 1 Bonus Armor. Their DPS is huge.
12/12/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Selarshi
Actually Glad Warriors do insane DPS right now, to the point Blizzard is thinking the actual DPS specs need help to be comparable. Fury got a boost a few days ago but still needs something else to make it competitive.

Wat.
Fury is already higher dps than glad, and will outscale it by a mile with better gear.
12/12/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Liminara
12/12/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Selarshi

Wat.
Fury is already higher dps than glad, and will outscale it by a mile with better gear.

From what I saw a few days ago it was still behind. Things might have changed, I haven't been paying super close attention.
Yrel can use a shield and Maraad's hammer at the same time just like the Diablo 3 Crusader... Blizzard is really just not being fair at this point.
12/12/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Selarshi
From what I saw a few days ago it was still behind. Things might have changed, I haven't been paying super close attention.

5m - http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html
Fury ahead by 3%

H HM/N BR - http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17N.html
Fury ahead by 5.5%

M BR - http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html
Fury ahead by 11%
I guess the hotfixes for Fury were enough then!
Well, it may not be hella special but I just did a HM run and pulled 19k dps as prot just using DPS gear/talents and turning off righteous fury. :) I won't say its viable but you could probably get away with it if you aren't in, ya know, those top tier guilds that you need EVERY last digit of DPS.
Actually, in thinking about it, EmpS/Sera could conceivably be our version of Glad Stance. Unlike Holy Shield, they don't require you to actively be tanking to deal out more damage. Glyph Harsh Words for an offensive HoPo dump, Focused Shield and/or Final Warath, probably run HA for an offensive CD...

Crap, now I'm'na have to mess with this. >_<
I'd be interested to see what you get. I ran seraphim for some huge burst. I had a 97k crit Holy Wrath on Bladefist and a 93k on Bracken when coupled with the glyph/seraph. I felt it could totally be semi viable!

I think EMP seals has its place (forgo insight for max dps) but there was a lot of synergy with the talents I chose, I was very happy with it overall. 18,604 on Bracken.

I havent tried it with the glyph of WoG, wondering if those 180k-210k crit self heals could be damage? (I highly doubt it.)
Harsh Words isn't going to hit anywhere near as hard as it heals while tanking. WoG only gets huge for Prot due to survival mechanics - Resolve and Bastion of Glory, both of which require you to be taking hits (well, mitigating hits through SotR in the case of BoG). HW does hit harder at 3HoPo than SotR does by ~3k, just looking at the tooltip, and you couldn't use Alabaster Shield 'cause you're not tanking.

And, yeah, with EmpS, you'd only be cycling Truth and Righteousness. I honestly think Seraphim would be the better option for an offensive Prot Pally because of the burst increases to both mastery and bonus armor, where EmpS only increases raw AP. BA/Mast/Crit would probably be the most important stats for this sort of build.

Putzing about on a dummy (so hardly reliable), seeing roughly 10~11k with EmpS/ES/HA and closer to 13k with Sera/ES/HA. Both were running Harsh Words as primary damage finisher, and the Sera run was strictly in SoT. Focused Shield would probably also have yielded slightly more DPS, just didn't think to slot it at the time. May try taking the Sera build into a dungeon later and seeing how it works in a more practical setting.
You mean like this : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G1f6PkzX3cx2yvK9
?
I didn't even think about focused shield! Good idea. I feel like, coupled with a good trinket, seraph will be the way to go. I know I first tested this out on some heroic HM trash farming as DPS. The AoE potential when you pop Seraph and say, lights hammer, was through the roof.

You're right about the mastery and bonus armor both giving a flat increase to attack power as well as the damage done by SotR. I'd wonder if its potential would be worthwhile in say, challenge modes?

What do you think?
12/12/2014 03:34 PMPosted by Sydrian
coupled with a good trinket

Didn't even think to pop my mastery trinket, derp. >_<

Having not done any CMs, I can't really make any authoritative judgement, but I'd lean towards "no" unless the bulk of the DPS needs are for really strong, potentially burst AoE, and you use AS unglyphed.

12/12/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Liminara
You mean like this

Yeah, more or less.That's really encouraging, though I also feel kinda bad for the mage you beat. :/
I want a 2 handed Sword and Shield class. #Boss.
12/12/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Amuroraye
I want a 2 handed Sword and Shield class. #Boss.

Been begging for that for Ret as a cosmetic thing for years. >_<