Buying a level 90 in WoD?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
quote from mmo-champion,"You can technically buy as many level 90s as you want if you buy another copy of the game, get the level 90, and then transfer the character to your main account each time. The team has talked about putting a level 90 purchase option in the store, but it hasn't been decided yet."

Thoughts?
I don't really have an issue with it.

I do think if they offer purchasable level 90s there should be a significant cooldown period to it.

But whether or not there isn't, it doesn't affect me in the long run.
Buying a new copy of the game is fine by me if people want to do that. But I'm kind of unsure about them allowing you to purchase a 90 on the website. I like your idea of some sort of cooldown Morgam.
I think they're thinking about selling 90s because of the option to make a second account and go through all of that trouble and buy a 90 anyways.

I think the better idea would be to allow one free 90 per battle.net account, rather than per account. Make it so you can't merge accounts with free 90s.

That way each person gets one instead of allowing convoluted or storebought 90s. One 90 is cool to get new players in and old players back, but buying 90s is too close to p2w imo.
Why not. I mean...you have the choice. If you want to do 1-90 another time, do it now. But when the xpac will be out I will burn at cata/mop content and stop playing.

Better focus on new content.
I like your idea a lot Eliniel. 1 per battle.net account.
I don't understand what the issue is with auto-advanced levels for characters. For someone who has been around since BC, perhaps I don't wish to grind Van, BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP every single time I make a new character.

All previous expansion levels = grind.

I don't think anyone needs 89 levels to learn how to cast frost nova, or fear, or charge, or howling blast. What is 1-89 doing here? A key thing to remember, is that you are still leveling your character from 90 to 100. Your MoP end game character right now, is level 90, so what is the big deal about having another level 90 who just rolled it? They still have to go through 90-100 like you.

I think there is some subconscious notion that a level 90 character is going to destroy the enjoyment of others. The milkshake known as 'WoD release' will bring all 90's to the yard anyways, so what does it matter if it is a MoP purples seasoned 90 or if it is a store bought 90? The same number of 90s will still be duncing around WoD trying to power level to realms first 100. The game play factor doesn't change much here, and for whatever reason, people seem to think it does.

The main difference is, as I see it, is people will be less burnt out after a long grind, which actually helps improve the overall attitude and energy of the player base, but that is just my 2 cents. The other thing to remember, is that you can still grind 1-90 if you want to, but if you'd rather play new content and not be burnt out by the time you get there, then you have an insta-90, which, I see as a positive longevity thing. If you get bored having all of these 90's and 100's, then alt up, go grind 1-100 on your own, and rave about it in trade chat about how much groundbreaking fun that you're having. >.>

Respectfully,
Sir Stabs McGank
Hey, if they just want to skip the trouble, they should make the "buying" a 90 at least $70. That's a new account plus a character transfer right?
At each Xpaxk the game gets closer to the "pay to win" system, blizzard hits some great shots but miss others, that's all I have to say.
Hey, if they just want to skip the trouble, they should make the "buying" a 90 at least $70. That's a new account plus a character transfer right?
New account + MoP + WoD + transfer.
11/10/2013 06:40 AMPosted by Guennivere
New account + MoP + WoD + transfer.
True, so that's... at least over $100 I would think?

Just make it as expensive as doing all of that.
If people wanna pay that much money... well that's on them. I don't see it ever being a common practice.
You would have to waste more than $100 to create the new account, buy all the expansions, and transfer the character(s).

So it's not really going to be a problem, i doubt anyone is stupid enough to go through all that trouble just for a 90.
The game is essentially F2P now, but with a sub. Store mounts/pets. Pretty soon you can buy 90's and gear.
Could not care less.

Even if they sold a max level. I might buy one. I would like to play a rogue but I have close to 0 desire to level all the way from 1 again with yet another alt.
Clever use of game mechanics or whatever.
The game is essentially F2P now, but with a sub. Store mounts/pets. Pretty soon you can buy 90's and gear.
If that happens I know I'll be quitting. Mounts don't really do anything to add (they don't give you flying and they don't increase your mount speed just because you get it, and store pets aren't necessarily that good for pet battles) but if they did start selling gear? Yeah, no way I could pay for that. That would certainly make me leave.
I don't understand what the issue is with auto-advanced levels for characters. For someone who has been around since BC, perhaps I don't wish to grind Van, BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP every single time I make a new character.

All previous expansion levels = grind.

I don't think anyone needs 89 levels to learn how to cast frost nova, or fear, or charge, or howling blast. What is 1-89 doing here? A key thing to remember, is that you are still leveling your character from 90 to 100. Your MoP end game character right now, is level 90, so what is the big deal about having another level 90 who just rolled it? They still have to go through 90-100 like you.

I think there is some subconscious notion that a level 90 character is going to destroy the enjoyment of others. The milkshake known as 'WoD release' will bring all 90's to the yard anyways, so what does it matter if it is a MoP purples seasoned 90 or if it is a store bought 90? The same number of 90s will still be duncing around WoD trying to power level to realms first 100. The game play factor doesn't change much here, and for whatever reason, people seem to think it does.

The main difference is, as I see it, is people will be less burnt out after a long grind, which actually helps improve the overall attitude and energy of the player base, but that is just my 2 cents. The other thing to remember, is that you can still grind 1-90 if you want to, but if you'd rather play new content and not be burnt out by the time you get there, then you have an insta-90, which, I see as a positive longevity thing. If you get bored having all of these 90's and 100's, then alt up, go grind 1-100 on your own, and rave about it in trade chat about how much groundbreaking fun that you're having. >.>

Respectfully,
Sir Stabs McGank
I also see your side of things Stabs McGank. Ive also played this game since late Vanilla. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it plays out. I thought the whole DK system worked well. Since they are implementing a similar system for instant 90's maybe it wont be so bad.