RiP PvP 2004-2013 - Trial of Gladiator (WoD)

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 24 Next
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.
Yes, but you're removing the purpose of the current Arena Ladder.
Yes, but you're removing the purpose of the current Arena Ladder.

I, too, am curious to know why such a wonderful idea (no grind, all equal gear) was ruined by forced queue times.
I don't know where this idea came from, but just to clear things up, we have no plans to remove the current Arena ladder.

Would you mind clearing up some of the supposed issues people have then? To me it sounded like ToG times would be the only times in which people would be able to queue arena for rating, if this isn't the case feel free to explain it.
You mean 2014 right?
On topic, like the idea of no gear, but hate the idea of forced q times

No. It just seems like you're removing the ability for players who have busy lives to compete for the things we deserve as much as anyone else (titles). Its fine for the small majority of people who are able to schedule their lives around short q time periods, but for the rest of us, it feels like we're being robbed of the right to play for the same rewards as everyone else.

It's like the game is going backward to when you had to q bgs in the peak times to get your titles in vanilla. Obviously it's not as time intensive, but the same principle applies. Unless you're available to play at a specified time, you become disadvantaged.

Blizz made the right moves in making things like gear, titles etc accessible to even the most casual players. It's what keeps them paying their sub. Now it seems like one part of that is being taken away, and it will be to your own demise if it goes live as it was explained.
Arenas will be a way to get your WORLD pvp gear (conquest) but the ratings CANNOT get you glad title/2k elite set anymore. Just more conquest to compete on THE 1 island where PvE wont > PvP gear and everywhere else PvE gear > PvP...

First to address the the whole "1 island where pvp gear > pve gear" please read https://twitter.com/holinka/status/400020059609116672 for the current idea on balancing power in wpvp.

second

I like the gear grind; I love the "instant" weekly reward feeling. I also like to be able to play during lunch time at work or getting back from work just before dinner.

Nothing is so damaging to competitive pvp than a constant gear treadmill. One or the other or you'll have a bad compromise of both. From what I understand, this trial of the gladiator thing is optional and there for the highly competitive to duke it out. My interest is peaked with this and might finally give competitive pvp a shot.
Lore, let me tell you honestly. Please, this is a BAD idea. There is nothing wrong with the current bracket. If anything, make the ladders shut off after a certain time of night if you think win trading is that bad (I don't.) It's going to happen.

I think a much more pressing matter is the MMR system and queueing into Gladiators 300 rating below where they should be, or usually are.

There is no need to fix something that isn't broken Lore.

so we aren't getting rid of the ladders just everything else like titles prestige and the ability to qued for real rewards anytime we want with friends in different time zones for anything other than gear to do battlegrounds in?

And that ladder means absolutely nothing.

Look at how the community treats 2's now - It'll mean less than that.

11/14/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Gravez

No. It just seems like you're removing the ability for players who have busy lives to compete for the things we deserve as much as anyone else (titles). Its fine for the small majority of people who are able to schedule their lives around short q time periods, but for the rest of us, it feels like we're being robbed of the right to play for the same rewards as everyone else.

It's like the game is going backward to when you had to q bgs in the peak times to get your titles in vanilla. Obviously it's not as time intensive, but the same principle applies. Unless you're available to play at a specified time, you become disadvantaged.

Blizz made the right moves in making things like gear, titles etc accessible to even the most casual players. It's what keeps them paying their sub. Now it seems like one part of that is being taken away, and it will be to your own demise if it goes live as it was explained.

I can't agree more with this guy.

You are catering only to such a miniscule population with this new system that you are alienating even a chunk of top tier players with this.
Prestige rewards are already impossible for most of the playerbase to get in PvP: You're killing any reason for anybody who isn't a 2200+ caliber player to even bother trying to improve themselves at all now.

Look back to BC and how many Gladiator spots were going out then.
Look at your current Challenge Mode set ups.

THAT is what should be happening. Not this crap.

as many others have said, if you move the prestige rewards away from arena into TOG then people who are on time schedules of when they can play will forever be denied the chance to compete and earn their rewards, like they can now. I love the idea of tog, it is sort of like jumping into a preset class on a fps shooter and going at it, but if you take away all the rewards from the arena ladder and stick them in tog you are making a mistake.
I am curious why arena even exists. Frankly, it's probably the most single player content in this game. Especially after going 20 man on mythic. Arean play should probably be put on par with honor gear, and rated BGs really the only efficient way for conquest.

Enlighten us.

what is the que window going to be?

and how is the reward (and what) breakdown is going to be?
I am curious why arena even exists. Frankly, it's probably the most single player content in this game. Especially after going 20 man on mythic. Arean play should probably be put on par with honor gear, and rated BGs really the only efficient way for conquest.

Care to explain?

I don't see how three players queuing arena counts as single player content, is it because it relies on the skill on the individuals much more than other tasks in this game? Anyways, the team work and synergy in a 3v3 team is what makes them succeed.
Typical PvPers whining like usual & they wonder why PvP isn't Balanced.
Typical PvPers whining like usual & they wonder why PvP isn't Balanced.

I'm pretty sure raiders would complain if blizzard decided that they could only raid competitively within a specific 8 hour time frame given each week (that changes each week too)
Arena did not come out in 2004 i think 2006