Need competent response to restoration issue

Customer Support
A case in point regarding customer vs service provider obligations that may help the OP gain perspective.

I have brought each of 20 level 90 toons to 600 cap on both profs and all skills. Crafting is my favorite aspect of the game. Over the course of years, my collection of mats has overflowed bank space. Many mats are scarce or took time to harvest and I could not bring myself to vendor them. My realm has been low pop for so long that the AH is out of the equation for buying or selling. I chose to use mail storage fully aware of Blizzard's policy. They do not support mail storage. I dutifully refresh mail every Saturday night on a certain segment of my toon population to avoid mail expiraton whether I feel like it or not. My mail inventory was some 450 mail messages predominantly 12 fulll stacks of mats per message ranging from prof level 1 thru 90.

I say "was" because all of it vanished on a Nov 4 realm connection. Due to the unusal circumstances, Blizzard assures me they have added a mail recovery attempt to their list of tasks. I realize it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I trust they will give it a best effort and trust they will know when to abandon the attempt should the files prove impossible to trace. The bottom line remains the same. Mail storage is not supported. I took the risk.

The realm connection vaporized my mail but the AH is now thriving and trade chat buzzes all day long. Overall the change is a vast improvement to the quality of the game. I will gain more than I have lost in ways I can not yet imagine. Transmog opened up a whole new realm of possibilities. World of Draenor will be spectacular. Accept that eggs get broken when making omelettes. Pull up a chair and chow down.
A case in point regarding customer vs service provider obligations that may help the OP gain perspective.

I have brought each of 20 level 90 toons to 600 cap on both profs and all skills. Crafting is my favorite aspect of the game. Over the course of years, my collection of mats has overflowed bank space. Many mats are scarce or took time to harvest and I could not bring myself to vendor them. My realm has been low pop for so long that the AH is out of the equation for buying or selling. I chose to use mail storage fully aware of Blizzard's policy. They do not support mail storage. I dutifully refresh mail every Saturday night on a certain segment of my toon population to avoid mail expiraton whether I feel like it or not. My mail inventory was some 450 mail messages predominantly 12 fulll stacks of mats per message ranging from prof level 1 thru 90.

I say "was" because all of it vanished on a Nov 4 realm connection. Due to the unusal circumstances, Blizzard assures me they have added a mail recovery attempt to their list of tasks. I realize it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I trust they will give it a best effort and trust they will know when to abandon the attempt should the files prove impossible to trace. The bottom line remains the same. Mail storage is not supported. I took the risk.

The realm connection vaporized my mail but the AH is now thriving and trade chat buzzes all day long. Overall the change is a vast improvement to the quality of the game. I will gain more than I have lost in ways I can not yet imagine. Transmog opened up a whole new realm of possibilities. World of Draenor will be spectacular. Accept that eggs get broken when making omelettes. Pull up a chair and chow down.

A reasonable person on the forums ??? I honestly thought I would never see it.

Good luck on your restoration.
Why not just let players "buy" the quest items on quests they have previously completed from Blizzard for 20x the vendor cost or something?

1. Player enters quest name/id
2. Blizzard checks to see if the player has completed that quest on that character
3. Make sure that it's been over 3 months since the player did the quest (I'm just sort of assuming quests have timestamps.. if they don't, IDK, maybe start adding them?)
4. Let the player select one of the rewards from the quest (could probably restrict it to uncommon/rare armor and weapons only)
5. Put the player on item restoration cooldown, and COD them the item for 20x the vendor value

Not that complicated IMO. Checking timestamps (to prevent players from double-dipping on recently completed quests), charging 20x the vendor value, and only letting players use it once a month prevents abuse.

People that really want their transmog get what they want, Blizzard removes some gold from the economy. Everybody wins?

Edit: http://pastebin.com/2QpmBmNB
General or Quest Forums -------> That way. =)

Dev doesn't read here, if you have any suggestions, you'll want to place them in the other forums so that Dev can receive your feedback.
I have to sympathize with the OP... I've had the same exact issue come up, and the response is disappointing. Prior to the current system, it was possible to restore a quest reward in that way. I personally experienced it, and had an item restored after the GM was able to verify that I did actually complete the quest in question. I was really disappointed a year or two later, after having done loremaster and with the introduction of transmog, to find out that their policy had changed.

I understand how it works now, it's just a major bummer.
Why not just let players "buy" the quest items on quests they have previously completed from Blizzard for 20x the vendor cost or something?

1. Player enters quest name/id
2. Blizzard checks to see if the player has completed that quest on that character
3. Make sure that it's been over 3 months since the player did the quest (I'm just sort of assuming quests have timestamps.. if they don't, IDK, maybe start adding them?)
4. Let the player select one of the rewards from the quest (could probably restrict it to uncommon/rare armor and weapons only)
5. Put the player on item restoration cooldown, and COD them the item for 20x the vendor value

Not that complicated IMO. Checking timestamps (to prevent players from double-dipping on recently completed quests), charging 20x the vendor value, and only letting players use it once a month prevents abuse.

People that really want their transmog get what they want, Blizzard removes some gold from the economy. Everybody wins?

Edit: http://pastebin.com/2QpmBmNB

This is really an excellent idea!

Please do post this over in either General, or the Quests forum. :)

I did the original Loremaster and Seeker back in Wrath and most of the re-vamped Loremaster stuff during early Cata and of course lost all those quest rewards because T-mog was not even a thing yet, so a system like you proposed would be awesome.
Brilliant! I love the idea too, the ability to buy a reward from a quest already completed. It solves the situation of loading up support with vanity item requests. It could be automated so the manpower costs would be only design/maintenance. It would free up bank space. If you know you can always replace that mog with a bit of gold, there is less hesitation to delete. Maybe the restore quest item vendor could be in a central location rather than all over the map quest givers. He could be an ethereal parked alongside, Upgrade, Transmog, Void Storage. The system could key off of quest ID or maybe item ID. That might make a difference if the quest is long gone from game but the item itself is somehow still available.

Valkyrie, Soulbound GM on Tortheldrin
11/15/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Lubricious
I appreciate the effort but those recolors do not match the set in any way.

If you're more into the black and dark blue colors, which I also find attractive for a rogue set, try these:

Replica Darkmantle Spaulders