pandas

Druid
id love it if the panda race could be druids. They are my favorite race ( and animal ) but i cant play my favorite class. just like the trolls, it would be awesome if the pandas could learn this new class.
No.

Druids don't need any more races.
A race like Pandaren would have been perfect for druids, I'm still not sure why it wasn't added. Druids definitely do need another race, and Pandarens would give both alliance and horde a new option without diluting the pool.
A race like Pandaren would have been perfect for druids, I'm still not sure why it wasn't added. Druids definitely do need another race, and Pandarens would give both alliance and horde a new option without diluting the pool.

Bears than can turn into...BEARS.
You don't think a panda turning feral would be awesome?
Blood elves first.
The day that pandas can become druids is the day I unsub. Just the thought of those disgustingly fat things being part of my beloved class makes me cringe.
No.

Druids don't need any more races.

Says who? There are three primary criteria that need to be met for a race to have access to a class: one, the race/class combination needs to be properly justified by lore through a story arc, two, the culture of the race needs to possess some correlation with the class, and three, the class needs to be prevalent enough in the lore-based population to justify the in-game race having access to the in-game class. If the Pandaren race can meet these three criteria, I see no reason as to why they shouldn't become druids in a future expansion.

As of now, the Pandaren possess the adequate cultural background that would allocate enough of their population towards druidism, which may be illustrated in a future expansion. All the Pandaren lack is some sort of formal instruction (similar to the worgen) to provide the lore justification, which can easily be provided by both the tauren and the night elves.

Blood elves first.

The prevalence of a population of blood elf druids is practically nonexistent in lore and, along with their arcane-oriented culture which is heavily critical of nature magic, it does not justify the in-game race having access to the in-game class.
11/16/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Romarion
There are three primary criteria that need to be met for a race to have access to a class: one, the race/class combination needs to be properly justified by lore through a story arc, two, the culture of the race needs to possess some correlation with the class, and three, the class needs to be prevalent enough in the lore-based population to justify the in-game race having access to the in-game class.

You've listed several reasons, but skipped the most important consideration.

Is there a compelling gameplay, faction balance or storyline reason to give a race access to a class?

For pandas being druids the answer is no.

Blizzard would be wise to ignore the minority of players that demand less restriction. In the past few years homogenization has increased and subscriptions have drastically decreased. It may not be important to some, but for many the storyline is an important augmentation to the game experience. It's the lore that drives the game. Don't break it.
Is there a compelling gameplay, faction balance or storyline reason to give a race access to a class?

Well, considering that the in-game Pandaren race is dual-faction, how exactly does that affect faction balance in comparison to another night elf/worgen or tauren/troll druid? As far as compelling gameplay and storyline, that is addressed in both "one, the race/class combination needs to be properly justified by lore through a story arc, two, the culture of the race needs to possess some correlation with the class".

11/16/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Mitimem
In the past few years homogenization has increased and subscriptions have drastically decreased.

Allowing a race access to an in-game class when said race has adequate correlation to that class is not homogenization; homogenization would only occur if it was the intent to lift most or all of the current class/race restrictions without regard to that race's overall affinity for said class. I agree, race/class restrictions shouldn't be lifted, however, this does not mean that certain races should be denied access to a class when said race shows partiality towards the class in question. Races such as the forsaken, draenei, gnomes, and blood elves are prime examples of the in-game races who's overarching cultural partiality is against the adoption of druidism, while the Pandaren are optimal candidates for the next druid race.

It may not be important to some, but for many the storyline is an important augmentation to the game experience.

The introduction of a new class race, as long as it is properly justified, does not diminish the lore of the class, but rather offers a progressive advancement. It is rightly conservative to say that not every race should have access to the druid class, however, this does not mean that certain races who meet lore justified qualifications cannot, at their proper time, have access to a certain class. From a lore perspective, it would not have been right for the Pandaren to have access to druidism from the launch of Mists of Pandaria, but now, with the opportunity to form relations with the Cenarion Circle and augment their ties to the natural world, it is completely plausible that an adequate portion of the lore-based Pandaren population could adopt druidism enough to justify the in-game race having access to the in-game class.

Blizzard would be wise to ignore the minority of players that demand less restriction.

It's the lore that drives the game. Don't break it.

They would also be wise to ignore the opposing extreme demanding greater, unprecedented restrictions. You forget, "we are the preservers of balance, now and forever". What an individual wants is of no concern, but rather what is best for the progression of the ongoing story; there has been no evidence presented to suggest that Pandaren druids would break the lore or hinder the story's continual progression.
They could come up with any reason to introduce Blood Elven Druids, just like the can flesh out some story for the pandas. There weren't any tauren paladins, they made a story for them and threw in the new combo, and they could do that on a whim with any class/race.

I wanted to play a druid since vanilla but I hated the idea of playing a cow/bull. I wanted to play on the horde though, so having a druid was out of the question. When troll druids were announced I was elated to at least have an option instead of tauren. I didn't care what story they pulled out of their arses as long as I could play a non tauren horde druid.

So before they make up some story for pandas, they should make one for blood elves. This lore stuff is cute but they bend the lore to their desires - they aren't trapped by the lore if they want to pursue a change in the game.