Wintergrasp

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 118 Next
In patch 4.0.3, Wintergrasp queuing was changed so that each battle attempts to match the factions at a 1-to-1 ratio. This is the exact system being used for Tol Barad in Cataclysm. While we understand that this inflates queue times for factions which are vastly overpopulated on select realms, we prefer this system over using Tenacity. In addition, the new system at least encourages playing on a faction that's better balanced against the opposing faction. With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

That said, we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Tol Barad preview: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457</a>

Thanks for making it 1 to 1, it kind of funny after going so many months with out winning, I was in 2 wins in a row yesterday, for once the horde (on my server) dominated WG, I guess when you exist for about 2 years with about 5 to 10 tenacity when you get even odds you just dominate.
waiting for zarhym to respond to me.

Trolling won't get you responses, it'll just get you reported.

im asking why they wont remove faction changes. why cant they see faction changes caused massive imbalance problems on most realms?

dont they care about their game?

Calling out a blue and being insulting won't get you an answer, it'll get you banned. Why in the world would he want to get in a ridiculous and unhelpful argument that in no way addresses the problem in a constructive manner? They are doing what they are doing in order to fix a problem, not to piss off people that like faceroll PvP content.
I dont care what you claim, blizzard, this is NOT balancing. This isnt even CLOSE to balancing. This is simply saying "oh, you are on a faction that actually cares about WG. screw you"

I signed up the second it became available every time. Not once have i gotten in yet. If this is how blizzard wants to do things, theres really no reason to buy cataclysm. They are actively trying to tick off as many players as possible. when 99.9% of the pvpers on a server cant do the pvp event every 2 hours, this is not balance, this is not fun, this is not a game that is worth paying for anymore. Not our fault that noone wants to pvp on the alliance side.
waiting for zarhym to respond to me.

Trolling won't get you responses, it'll just get you reported.

im asking why they wont remove faction changes. why cant they see faction changes caused massive imbalance problems on most realms?

dont they care about their game?

Because now that WG is balanceable, people can transfer to the less populated side, which would solve the imbalance.

Servers were imbalanced before faction changes existed. Turning them off again wouldn't solve anything, so why would they respond to your stupid suggestion?

This is absolute crap. The game is designed a specific way, a lot of people who actually cared about the rewards went and found servers where they would have regular access to them, and now...."Psyche! We changed everything...better pay us to transfer servers/faction change again."

This almost makes me want to quit this dumb game.
You are so god damn wrong, Damonicus. Cho'gall Alliance side has less than 400 ALLIANCE in the WHOLE server, and you bet that all aren't 80.

Second, I'm on a 4 Alliance to 1 Horde server, and yet I approve of this, why? Simple, because now this WON'T be Hide n' seek, it'll be an actual battle.

And yes, why don't Horde play? I'll tell you why, because people are sheep. They are on the losing side? They don't play, that's why.

If the WoW overall pop is balanced, then why do Battlegroups have more PvP'ers? Easy, because the people who prefer PvP are on Horde, and the FOTM sheeps who wanted easy wins x-ferred with them, so that's why Battlegroups look Horde dominated. (PvP wise, they are, PvE wise, nope)

PS: Tol Barad is great, so what? You can't play the battle? It'll be like that for the first days, after the Alliance in your case realizes they DO have a chance, they'll play. And again, there's like one game every hour and a half, how can you miss it?

EDIT: If you proposed solving the imbalance, I wouldn't have quoted you, just like I didn't quote the OP. If you proposed it after the 1st page, sorry, I'll take this out.
In patch 4.0.3, Wintergrasp queuing was changed so that each battle attempts to match the factions at a 1-to-1 ratio. This is the exact system being used for Tol Barad in Cataclysm. While we understand that this inflates queue times for factions which are vastly overpopulated on select realms, we prefer this system over using Tenacity. In addition, the new system at least encourages playing on a faction that's better balanced against the opposing faction. With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

That said, we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.

Tol Barad preview: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457" target="_new">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1159457</a>

The problem these days seems to be 4.0.1's damage wrecking the vehicles to quickly. Offense has gone from easy to impossible over night.
@Lissancy on page 2: LOL, that's EXACTLY what's going on Alliance side here in Stormrage, and really, it's just boring now :S So I agree, I prefer it now, even if I don't PvP as much as TRUE PvP'ers.
Because now that WG is balanceable, people can transfer to the less populated side, which would solve the imbalance.

Pugging is a lot easier on the more populated side.

If blizzard didn't let the servers get like this to begin with, we wouldn't have this problem. Punishing players that rolled on a server 6 years ago that has now become more populated is not the correct way to deal with it.

You aren't being punished, you're being crowded out. There is a difference. Up until now, the crowd was an asset, now it's somewhat of a liability. You want to stay where you are at, you have to deal with the crowd.

This is absolute crap. The game is designed a specific way, a lot of people who actually cared about the rewards went and found servers where they would have regular access to them, and now...."Psyche! We changed everything...better pay us to transfer servers/faction change again."

This almost makes me want to quit this dumb game.

You gamed the system and it's biting back.
I see the intentions, and in theory this is a great idea.

I do not like the fact that it will be hard to just get in to do weeklies (without babysitting the window to queue up before every WG).

Bummer for people who happened to roll on the faction with the highest pop.
I think there's a difference between "inflated queue time" and the way it works now. If you fail to get into the battle, your chances aren't any better in the next battle. It's not like a battleground where you if you don't get in you stay in queue and get into the next one. It's not like anyone would want to sit in queue and do nothing else for two hours either.
less than 400 alliance means they can and should still be able to fill a 120 man slot right?

garner your faction and light a fire under their collective asses to get up and do something about it. it's a WORLD PVP ZONE. it's not an instance. it's a zone that anyone can fly into so to limit the amount that is there is asinine. if they want to limit it make it into a true instance.

don't want to die, don't go, want to win and garner the rewards for winning then get yourself a dedicated team and go take it.

did your less than 400 alliance get teleported out of SMC because there were only 3 horde there when you went to kill that king? nope. so why should we be teleported out of a WORLD ZONE

All it does is punish the highest pop faction on a server.

I fail to see a problem with this.
To Dam: Newsflash, Halaa didn't unlock a raid, WG/Tol Barad is NOT Halaa, so deal with it, mate. And again, people are sheep, you know it, I know it. If they are on the losing side and wanna stay, they'll stop trying...