Recourse for flag-holding HK farmers?

Battlegrounds
Ok, I'm glad that most of the people in this thread are okay with people who lie to get what they want.

Because that's what really set me off. Our FC to our BG group, saying that we get more XP for HK farming than for winning quickly.

Most of you are obviously fine with that, since you glossed over that part of my post. At least I know where I stand relative to this majority of dishonest people.
If you don't like HK farmers, don't do pvp.

With the new title for having 200k honorable kills it's going to start happening more often.

I see nothing wrong with it honestly, or GY camping for that matter. GY camping is a good counter for Turtles which happens quite often in WSG.

Stop crying about your precious XP rate in pvp. Like someone else said, you want to lvl quick, then go do some quests.

Edit: Someone was dishonest in a video game? That's what your upset about lol? Seriously...?
Ok, I'm glad that most of the people in this thread are okay with people who lie to get what they want.

Because that's what really set me off. Our FC to our BG group, saying that we get more XP for HK farming than for winning quickly.

Most of you are obviously fine with that, since you glossed over that part of my post. At least I know where I stand relative to this majority of dishonest people.

if you don't know how xp/exp work, that's your own fault. If you did, you could have called him out on his "lie" Maybe he wasn't even being dishonest, maybe he was just misinformed. That's where you could have stepped in as a knowledgeable bg player and corrected him.

but nah, you just decided to cry instead.
I was in a bg the other night and Peez did this same crud. then they decided they were done, released the flag, left the game and we lost. all but for 4 min of the bg they held the flag and farmed at enemy GY. this is just plane and simple stupid game play.

Xp or no xp, hp or no hp, it is just someone who is ruining it for others in the bg. If they want to PvP so bad then they need to be on a PvP server and get their fill that way. grant it that some may be on a PvP server.
Maybe blizz should add a BG report button like afk and spam, "Report Griefing" and if a majority of the people report that person they should be removed from the BG with a de buff much like the "coward" de buff. Or perhaps a 15 min flag and automatic port to smack in the midst of opposing faction city. maybe that will cure some people from wanting to ruin the game of others,
On top of that if they want to farm Honor, then win the game and move on to the next BG and get more honor that way. Whywaste everyone's time and upset people for your selfish acts? Yes I was on a lower level toon and alliance side.

Just my 2 cents.

You know it really makes you wonder, do people who try and dominate to the point of irritating their team and trying so hard humiliate the opposing team so bad, well do they have issues in their life that makes them feel less than everyone else? Are they not able to achieve in real world the strength they desire so badly in BGs? I used to think that the notion of what i just said was all BS, I would hear it constantly in WoW. How those who cause crap, do it because in RL they would be stomped and put down etc etc. Now with certain peopl, I really do wonder if there is any truth behind it.

WoW mirrors society more than we think or imagine or dare to think or imagine.

I was in a bg the other night and Peez did this same crud. then they decided they were done, released the flag, left the game and we lost. all but for 4 min of the bg they held the flag and farmed at enemy GY. this is just plane and simple stupid game play.

Xp or no xp, hp or no hp, it is just someone who is ruining it for others in the bg. If they want to PvP so bad then they need to be on a PvP server and get their fill that way. grant it that some may be on a PvP server.
Maybe blizz should add a BG report button like afk and spam, "Report Griefing" and if a majority of the people report that person they should be removed from the BG with a de buff much like the "coward" de buff. Or perhaps a 15 min flag and automatic port to smack in the midst of opposing faction city. maybe that will cure some people from wanting to ruin the game of others,
On top of that if they want to farm Honor, then win the game and move on to the next BG and get more honor that way. Whywaste everyone's time and upset people for your selfish acts? Yes I was on a lower level toon and alliance side.

Just my 2 cents.

You know it really makes you wonder, do people who try and dominate to the point of irritating their team and trying so hard humiliate the opposing team so bad, well do they have issues in their life that makes them feel less than everyone else? Are they not able to achieve in real world the strength they desire so badly in BGs? I used to think that the notion of what i just said was all BS, I would hear it constantly in WoW. How those who cause crap, do it because in RL they would be stomped and put down etc etc. Now with certain peopl, I really do wonder if there is any truth behind it.

WoW mirrors society more than we think or imagine or dare to think or imagine.

you were in a low level bg right? Probably a level capped twink playing xp on wsg. If they don't cap flags, they don't level. So they just farm for ever, drop the flag and lose / afk out. That's why twinks are all scum.
Stop crying about your precious XP rate in pvp. Like someone else said, you want to lvl quick, then go do some quests.

My point about bringing up xp and honor/hour is to discount any argument from HK farmers that they are doing it for honor or xp.

"I'm farming honor!" No, no you aren't. You're getting less honor over time by doing that.

So, either they are misinformed about how honor is earned or they have a twink mentality of not prefering challenging situations.

C

My point about bringing up xp and honor/hour is to discount any argument from HK farmers that they are doing it for honor or xp.

"I'm farming honor!" No, no you aren't. You're getting less honor over time by doing that.

So, either they are misinformed about how honor is earned or they have a twink mentality of not prefering challenging situations.

C

Please tell me you're still twinking in the 29s
They're just wearing heirlooms. If the other team can't kill them, they're pretty bad.

Pfff, no.

Semi-twinked Sargie C has retired at the ripe level of 30 off the coast of Darkshire. Amusing times on Whirlwind, no doubt. Besides, Bliz crushed the life out of my signatures sword and board lowbie warriors. Stance Mastery at level 58? Bliz teaching warriors to be bad, I guess.

These days, I'm just leveling toons in the 40 and 50 bracket. If you see the guild name <Zealots of Charax>, bask in the Aura of Greatness.

C
This isn't just an issue in low level bg's.

The issue is group composition and rewarding HK farming. I'll leave group composition to another post (TLDR on that note, there needs to be an almost LFG system where people declare dps or healing roles, the numbers of each are balanced, and players are then rewarded accordingly - dps for doing dps type things, healers for doing healer type things).

Rewarding any behavior that isn't victory is really silly in BGs. Frankly, I think BG HKs shouldn't count towards anything. Victory is the only thing that should be rewarded in a BG. The faster the victory, the higher the reward.

I think rewarding things like damage done, healing done, and especially HKs (or KBs) are very poor metrics from an overall playability standpoint.

I'm sure if Blizz put their heads together, they could figure out better things to reward honor for.

Imagine if healers were rewarded for the number of times they brought a teammate from below 50% health to above 50% health (or some kind of similar metric). What about heals to flag carriers, players with the defender honor buff (players defending objectives), etc?

Imagine if while carrying the flag, the FC had a 40 yard aura that lasted 60 seconds once they crossed a certain point in the field (to prevent GY farming, also the aura shouldn't replenish if the flag is dropped and picked up by someone else) that gave honor for any enemies killed (or healing done to the FC or others).

TLDR: BGs exist to give players a fun, balanced, battle feeling. Gankers, significantly unbalanced teams, and HK farming is part of what has poisoned so many away from PVP (which leads to long que times). Doing anything other than rewarding victory and the objectives that leads to victory undermines the whole point of BGs as that fun experience.
If im not mistaken (and I might be) I think they made 2 gy's in the new 10 man to prevent gy camping.
This isn't just an issue in low level bg's.

The issue is group composition and rewarding HK farming. I'll leave group composition to another post (TLDR on that note, there needs to be an almost LFG system where people declare dps or healing roles, the numbers of each are balanced, and players are then rewarded accordingly - dps for doing dps type things, healers for doing healer type things).

Impossible. What will you do when I queue as a healer for fast times and then run around in feral eating people's faces?

Pfff, no.

Semi-twinked Sargie C has retired at the ripe level of 30 off the coast of Darkshire. Amusing times on Whirlwind, no doubt. Besides, Bliz crushed the life out of my signatures sword and board lowbie warriors. Stance Mastery at level 58? Bliz teaching warriors to be bad, I guess.

These days, I'm just leveling toons in the 40 and 50 bracket. If you see the guild name <Zealots of Charax>, bask in the Aura of Greatness.

C

Some things never change though, your greatness has always been restricted to the boards. I will miss killing you tho.
PvP happens in a battleground?

Godamn someone call CNN.
Crying for the sake of crying.

Well at least you can't blame it on twinks anymore.

If queues are dead I occasionally don't allow any caps and afk at the end. Costs 20g a session but gets the job done. It's win to grief the 6 ambush rogues on the other team.
If you're being graveyard camped and they're refusing to cap the last flag.. there's a simple solution.

Stop rezzing.

When you die just run away in ghost form to get out of range of the spirit healer. There you go.. the other team have no incentive to extend the game because they're not getting free honour anymore.

Good idea if the other team is doing it to you, but, what if your on the team doing it and they take the whole BG up with their lil power trip and the other faction keeps "rezzing" like virgins in a Ho-House (typed such that I wont get deleted) ... you get the picture... ???
PvP happens in a battleground?

Godamn someone call CNN.

If the players I was effectively versus were on the other team, this thread wouldn't have happened.
What recourse do/should I have in this situation?

PvP Better...
Post the char it happened on